• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Kabaneri 2

The show looks stunning and as others said, I'm really afraid that they'll drop the ball, production-wise, soon but I really hope not. And the action in this episode, it's very good. Mumei is the best.

The one thing I don't get is, how did humanity even survive. I mean, this question applies to AoT too, but in this one, it's even more prevalent. The zombies are very tough, really agile and strong. And they're always on really, really big herds.

Kabaneri 2

The show looks stunning and as others said, I'm really afraid that they'll drop the ball, production-wise, soon but I really hope not. And the action in this episode, it's very good. Mumei is the best.

The one thing I don't get is, how did humanity even survive. I mean, this question applies to AoT too, but in this one, it's even more prevalent. The zombies are very tough, really agile and strong. And they're always on really, really big herds.

Especially when all it takes is one infected person slipping into the inhabited areas to cause an outbreak.

Kabaneri 2

I don't think they are surviving. I think they are pretty much fucked right now. Doesn't say how long ago the Kabane appeared but they seem to be overrun.

I doubt the answer will be the same as Attack on Titan

Thoraxes

They already said its the final season and its covering the rest of the manga

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...anime-2nd-season-to-cover-manga-ending/.98897

Oh wow. Thanks!
Concrete Revolutio - 15

Dayum, I love the visuals when Jiro goes bananas! I came all over that scene. Equu's transformation was cool too.
Great episode as a whole with the Fumers, Rainbow Knight and I think a first for Ultima being a hybrid? End transition was neat as well.

LPZSGc1.gif

Looks like a yutapon cut awaits me in this week's episode. Yessssss.

Qurupeke

Especially when all it takes is one infected person slipping into the inhabited areas to cause an outbreak.

That too, yeah. Also, I think someone mentioned it last week, but the city(and I guess any other city), aren't protected enough. The walls didn't seem "impenetrable" like in AoT. And even the trains barely have any protection.

I don't think they are surviving. I think they are pretty much fucked right now. Doesn't say how long ago the Kabane appeared but they seem to be overrun.

I doubt the answer will be the same as Attack on Titan

Yeah, some variables are still unknown, and that's the only reason I'm okay with this uncertainty. There could still be some powerful Kabane opposition force made of people like Mumei, or maybe humanity is really weak and we watch the last few remnants. We're lacking some context now, but I hope they'll elaborate a bit.

Mailbox

Luluco episode 3

"I want to deal with this without shooting"
-Shoots everything
mmhm...

"To be continued next season"
wait....

Chunibyou 3-12

The comedy in this show was pretty great, I particularly enjoyed the gags involving Dekomori's hair lol. That said I would have liked a few more of those action scenes in the characters delusional moments to have been there, they were pretty hilarious and awesome. The relationship between Yuta and Rikka was a lot more endearing than I expected it to be, my favorite episode being the one where Nibutani tries helping them get together. But I really would have liked to see more of normal Rikka not being all depressed in the end. I'm not too sure how I feel about her going back to being chuni at the end though, I know it's basically what defined the show but after the her development in the last few episodes I think I'd be a little disappointed if it was a complete reversion to how she was before. I'll probably start the 2nd season tonight, hopefully it's as enjoyable as the first.

Hunter X Hunter OVA 6

Hiro Kaburaki showing his directorial strengths already in what looks to be his first storyboard. The tight, taut thriller nature in this episode, pulling out the tension in Kurapika and among the Spiders, helped relieve my annoyance at how plodding the last episode was.

Mailbox

Chunibyou 3-12

The comedy in this show was pretty great, I particularly enjoyed the gags involving Dekomori's hair lol. That said I would have liked a few more of those action scenes in the characters delusional moments to have been there, they were pretty hilarious and awesome. The relationship between Yuta and Rikka was a lot more endearing than I expected it to be, my favorite episode being the one where Nibutani tries helping them get together. But I really would have liked to see more of normal Rikka not being all depressed in the end. I'm not too sure how I feel about her going back to being chuni at the end though, I know it's basically what defined the show but after the her development in the last few episodes I think I'd be a little disappointed if it was a complete reversion to how she was before. I'll probably start the 2nd season tonight, hopefully it's as enjoyable as the first.

I don't recommend watching season 2...
Season 1 ends rather well and season 2 kinda ruins that.

But then again, you probably wouldn't really get why I say that unless I spoil some stuff or you watch it...
idk... Just don't expect it to make things better if you do watch it, i guess...

As for the her going back to chunni thing at the end, I think that was an interesting point in saying that people grieve in their own way and that when people try to insert specific ideas of "proper grieving" it actually hurts people and the people around those people more. I saw it more as Rikka needing more time.
At least, that's what I got out of it.

Kabaneri 2

Must have been luck so far. Because there's certainly isn't a lick of intelligence in their defensive measurements. They don't even check the trains before lowering the bridge, giving them access to their city (or cities). Yet, they force everyone to immediately strip naked once they arrive.

As resident AoT defender I'd like to mention that their initial breach is simply not the humans' fault, given that the existence of the Colossal Titan wasn't known and he's hard to prepare for either way.

Zombies and world building don't match. There is no way you can write a logical zombie apocalypse.
Deal with it is like the best advice before watching such series.

Even if you can write a briliant concept of safe ports for the little rest of humanity, at the end of the day they must fall anyway.

Zombies and world building don't match. There is no way you can write a logical zombie apocalypse.

Even if you can write a briliant concept of safe ports for the little rest of humanity, at the end of the day they must fall anyway.

There's a lot of grey area where you can make it interesting. That begins with the premise and type of zombie you create. The Titans are fairly far removed from zombies already simply due to their height and their reproduction/creation process etc. isn't some simple virus transfer via bites or so. (At least as far as we know, please no manga spoilers.)

In the end the specifics do matter if the authors actually make use of those. I personally don't care much for zombie fiction and I think the only zombie movie I liked is 28 Days Later (sorry, I don't find Shaun of the Dead to be that funny). Humanity does not fall apart in that, btw. and I don't see how that is a requirement to begin with. Of course they made one hella bad sequel to it where all that dumb crap does happen after all but such is Hollywood.

I wish they funi would dub more shows, it seems like if its not broadcast dub a show wont get a dub :(

Also still mad Shonen Hollywood is stuck as a DVD only title. At this rate my shows Luck & Logic and even Concrete Revolution will be sub only dvd only :(

I wish they funi would dub more shows, it seems like if its not broadcast dub a show wont get a dub :(

Also still mad Shonen Hollywood is stuck as a DVD only title. At this rate my shows Luck & Logic and even Concrete Revolution will be sub only dvd only :(

I am positive I red somewhere that they decided their release schedule and format based on the popularity of the streams. So blame people for not watching it. At the very least you are getting some sort of physical media.

If CR doesn't get a blu-ray i'll be sad :(

Line_HTX

Space PatrOL LULUco 03 END (?)

Well, that was a quick 1st season, lol. Midori Save the World is a hilarious scammer.

Now I really want more shenanigans from Midori since she instantly got permission from Commander Skeleton to join after her arrest, haha

Exactly.

Mobile Apps and slow work pace make this possible. Well, my real "busy" period in the office is done, so the next few months are rather slow for me and I plan on taking advantage of that, but definitely more Vita time this year and less anime. I went a little crazy last summer.....

That's sort of an understatement, LMAO

Big Order 01

WOW! This is interesting!!! So very interesting!!! We are basically watching the makings of what one could call a villain! Will definitely continue watching.

I'd like to add that the song at the end made me laugh also. Aside from that everything was good. I liked the pace too, everything was nice and steady without a minute to lose. They told me about the world they are in, why it is the way it is, who the main character is and what motivates him, as well as introducing the opposing side. Like others said, this could go wrong very quickly, but for now, this is good. Very solid start.

Ascheroth

This whole second season has felt extremely rushed so far, both in the pacing and in weird lazy cuts that make little sense.

That one cut during the Hyou fight was really jarring.
I'm mostly fine with the pacing of this second season. A bit slower would have been nice, but it works for me.
I just hope the final battle is going to deliver.

That one cut during the Hyou fight was really jarring.
I'm mostly fine with the pacing of this second season. A bit slower would have been nice, but it works for me.
I just hope the final battle is going to deliver.

Something about the pacing just feels really off, it doesn't help that they are trying to adapt (since I believe this is the final season) 313 chapters in 39 episodes total. I will have to start the manga to see if it's just my imagination or not with the odd pacing issues I'm feeling.

Cornbread78

Big Order 01

WOW! This is interesting!!! So very interesting!!! We are basically watching the makings of what one could call a villain! Will definitely continue watching.

I'd like to add that the song at the end made me laugh also. Aside from that everything was good. I liked the pace too, everything was nice and steady without a minute to lose. They told me about the world they are in, why it is the way it is, who the main character is and what motivates him, as well as introducing the opposing side. Like others said, this could go wrong very quickly, but for now, this is good. Very solid start.

Yeah, this one has the chance to go either way, but impressive start so far. The Mirai Nikki feels are strong.

Kimagure Orange☆Road 1-3
I've heard good things about this and on some whim finally started it. It's pretty by the books so far, but there are some promising things going on with the characterization. I think I'll use this as my after work relaxation show, I got through Maison Ikkoku pretty quickly that way and this is half the length.

Mailbox

Big Order Episode 1

Yeah, this had quite a few problems, tbh. From pacing to music placement it was off in many areas. That said, its really interesting as a start at least. No something i'd call bad, maybe just not the best directed. Writing also leaves quite a bit to be desired.

When Rin came into the classroom I got some serious Déjà vu (though thats mostly from the character design). She seems very opposite in terms of intentions to Yuno, at least.

Will keep watching, but not expecting much.

zulux21

thanks to the earthquakes Kabaneri 2 has been delayed in every region until april 21st. It was up temp on the china stream but was taken down quickly.

no word on if there will be 2 episodes at some point or if the last episode of the series won't be aired until months later at this time.

odds are that we won't get a new episode of kabaneri for two weeks if you already saw 2 though.

The Lost Village got delayed right?

Dammit, it was probably about to have a hilariously stupid twist.

Like everyone being in each other's dreams or something.

Yeah zombie apocalypse never make any sense. The only way they do is if you make the zombies bullshit powerful like in Left 4 Dead or Attack on Titan where even an organized force would still lose.

Kabaneri 2

Sawano invokes disappointment from Xenoblade to the degree that it pained me to listen at times.

Xenoblade X is the kind of Sawano I can tolerate with the garbage lyrics.

UH

BORN ON A DISTANT PLANET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom