• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on these impressions alone I think I'll drop The Lost Village for now. I think I'm good lol.

Tanaka-kun 02

I was harsh on this show on the last episode because it just felt really boring and simple. All the other episode was, was short skits of Tanaka's laziness and Ohta being there help him out throughout the way. This felt more like an actual episode with a plot, and with this new character things got a whole lot more eventful and fun to watch. The comedy bits were actually funny this time around too. The ending just made me grin lol. Yeah if the show is more like this, I'm okay with it.

Saudades

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 3

I honestly thought this wouldn't just be a lazy re-edit of the OVAs but boy was I wrong.

What they should have done: Ended it where OVA 1 did, ED, rest of the episode (which was the first few minutes of OVA 2), episode preview. Would have worked so much better.

What they actually did: http://puu.sh/okXYl.webm
In its defense I'm sure they put a commercial break in between the scenes of the 2 episodes when they aired it so it wouldn't be that jarring. The official YT upload does that too.
But yes the TV edit format is total bullshit. I wonder if we'd get any worthy new scenes out of it.

Gvitor

Kiznaiver 02

The ED is so gud.

The episode itself was serviceable, I wish they got the glasses girl story out of the way in this one already so we can move to whatever the story is going to be about because so far, lol

Terraformars Revenge 3

Well that was more a return to form, still had the awkward comedy at the start but that quickly gave way to fun human hybrid vs human hybrid action. Sucks that
the Russians basically jobbed to establish how dangerous the Chinese are

Narag

Dagashi Kashi 5
LJ7yblBl.jpg
FAz0kSel.jpg

Wj0jO9Zl.jpg
zG6u6LEl.jpg

The legendary MLM episode lived up to its hype.

Narag

Everyone should watch School Days at least once, especially anyone that's ever complained about indecisive harem leads.

Cornbread78

I've never actually watched School Days.

I just know that the creators have a deep love and appreciation of boats.

Well that, and I shouldn't recommend it.

It is a must-watch experience though. Live vicariously through Makoto's masterfull way with woman.

Edit:
Everyone should watch School Days at least once, especially anyone that's ever complained about indecisive harem leads.

Yeah, what he said.

Mailbox

I think watching School days only gives people 2 things

1: Knowledge that "doing something different" doesn't mean your doing something good
2: A character study in how to make an abhorrent protagonist. Its a good measure of that negative extreme.

Otherwise its pretty worthless except for nice boats, memes and media speak.

Narag

I think watching School days only gives people 2 things

1: Knowledge that "doing something different" doesn't mean your doing something good
2: A character study in how to make an abhorrent protagonist. Its a good measure of that negative extreme.

Otherwise its pretty worthless except for nice boats, memes and media speak.

But they did make something good as we bear witness to Makoto's rise and fall due to his hubris. Citing something so culturally important to anime fandom as worthless is fairly dismissive given it's popularity and longevity, admittedly both stemming from both good and bad reasons. It's also going to remain relevant so long as he modern harem anime status quo exists. You'll always have people complaining about the cowardly MC but School Days informs the viewer that maybe they really don't want to travel toward the other end of the spectrum any further than they have to.

Isn't the ED the best thing ever?

It has its moments.

MartyStu

Kill La Kill 1 - 24

I re-watched this in an embarrassingly short amount of time.

'Filler' and repetition aside, this series is still pretty fun.

What is Trigger up to these days?

Kill La Kill 1 - 24

I re-watched this in an embarrassingly short amount of time.

'Filler' and repetition aside, this series is still pretty fun.

What is Trigger up to these days?

Space Patrol Luluco a quirky short episode comedy series about a normal girl who is forced to join the space patrol and falls for an alien named alpha omega nova and another series which I haven't see

MartyStu

I quit halfway through Kiznaiver 1, but I may go back to see if there is anything actually there.

Space Patrol Luluco sounds awesome though.

Endride Episode 3
CgNkcQ7UYAEUvLa.jpg

Comedy of the season. Emilio and Shun are still arguing one second and best friends the next. Im still loving this a lot.

Emilio has to have a plan I hope, he looked liked he didn't.

MartyStu

Endride Episode 3
CgNkcQ7UYAEUvLa.jpg

Comedy of the season. Emilio and Shun are still arguing one second and best friends the next. Im still loving this a lot.

Emilio has to have a plan I hope, he looked liked he didn't.

The question is this: when do they bone?

I will be very upset if upon suffering through 13 episodes of this series, the protagonists do not go at it like sex-starved rabbits.

Flying Witch 02

This show is just so comfy and makes me feel so good inside. I feel at peace while watching this stuff. Makes me miss my village in my home country.

Tuck

Definitely Not Attack on Titan - 2
This was great, even with the noticeable cut corners in animation. Add ass girl is awesome. The train is awesome. Pleasantly plump guy is gonna die.

Kinzavier - 2
Enjoying this so much more than I thought I would. Animation still solid too.

Cornbread78

The question is this: when do they bone?

I will be very upset if upon suffering through 13 episodes of this series, the protagonists do not go at it like sex-starved rabbits.

This is a DTL alt account where he is a little more forward I take it..

Oh and this is 24 episodes.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet 2

I liked the whole awkward attempt at creating rapport that Amy initiates with Ledo. The concept of establishing communication between cultures completely unfamiliar with each other is handled in a really interesting manner here. I was as shocked by Ledo's vaporizing of the pirates at the end as the ship dwellers were. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but not that. The pirates' bodies vanishing into dust was perhaps even more disturbing than having them turned into bloody messes would have been. Just imagine if some space alien came down to Earth today and vaporized some people. Even if the people killed were your enemy, that would establish such a gap in technology that fear would be the immediate response.

Mailbox

This is a DTL alt account where he is a little more forward I take it..

Oh and this is 24 episodes.

My rule of thumb is that if someone doesn't like either (or both) Glasslip and Diabolik Lovers, then they physically can not be DTL.

Though that does beg the question: how many members of animegaf are into yaoi stuff?

Pokemon XY 13

77Ubexp.png

ZDD4MWt.png

Ash you baka ass mafucka

Ash loses tho

Meanwhile, Froakie is dealing with matters of the heart himself. Falls for "Attract" and then tries to play it off

e53UXE2.png

9mtnelO.png

"I-It's not like I warbled cause I like you or anything, hmph!"

JulianImp

JoJo - Shine on you shiny diamond #3
Wow at Za Hando's power... Jousuke's really lucky his opponent was stupid as hell, because creative use of such an ability would've made for an unbeatable foe instead of the pushover he ended up being.

I agree that Jotaro's doing pretty well as a mentor-type character now, but I still liked old Joseph more back in SDC in that role. I guess the little kid might either end up getting a stand of his own or perhaps not get one but still gain the ability to see stands, since neither Jotaro nor Jousuke appear to be the kind of character who'd constantly narrate everything that happens, which has kind of been a staple of previous JoJo seasons up until now (even though I'd be happy if this part didn't have that kind of character in it).

Ace Attorney #3
My god, the art got downright atrocious at times (for example, when Phoenix managed to turn things around and Edgeworth put on his flabbergasted face. We've been getting a couple more music tracks from the game, but the show as a whole seems pretty lifeless and little more than a cut-and-paste job at adapting its source material, which is a real shame.

Also, was it me or did the bellhop not end up
signing any affidavits
?

Rainy

Banned
Kiznaiver 1

I really liked this. Interesting plot and nice animation. OP and ED were pretty good in my book too.

What's a relaxing show to watch this season? Flying Witch?

Diamond is Unbreakable 3

Stills cannot express how perfectly creative the direction has been in this show. The amount of clever editing, clever transitions, clever use of sound, clever coloring - it's insane how much effort the staff are putting into this. What have we done to deserve this?

Quasar

Flying Witch 2 - How delightful. Definitely my favourite new show. Nice to have a nice new healing show, so rare as they are.

blurr

School Days - I didn't watch it but I'd imagine it would be a lot more interesting if had not known anything about the show.

Mayoiga 02-03

I had hoped that the whole "foreboding" atmosphere was just a deceit and in the end everyone had a case of paranoia. Alas, that was not the case.

Every scene of Mayoiga is a box of edgy and sketchy characters shaken together until one of them snaps or does something stupid/absurd. It's entertaining in a very desperate way.

I can definitely relate to Mitsumune's "easily fall for girls" habit which is what is happening to me as I watch Mayoiga - the cute girls are making it worth it even if they are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom