• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Idk why I just get a weird vibe from that show, even knowing it doesn't do it on purpose. Single parent/teacher hanging out with a teenager girl/student on off hours... even with the little kid there, and no malicious intent from him and all, I can't be the only one being kind of put off by the premise right?

No, no you are not. The MAL synopsis makes it sound like that they meet in her family restaurant when her mother isn't there (because reasons) which makes it seem less creepy than showing up at sensei's house. Still though they're going to have to resist a lot of the tropes to avoid creepiness but given that she's already trying to swallow a hoagie whole on the poster....

Wanderer5

No, no you are not. The MAL synopsis makes it sound like that they meet in her family restaurant when her mother isn't there (because reasons) which makes it seem less creepy than showing up at sensei's house. Still though they're going to have to resist a lot of the tropes to avoid creepiness but given that she's already trying to swallow a hoagie whole on the poster....

80546l.jpg

Sure is.:p

Cerberus Episode 13 – Dragon's Heart
Cl-sUWIWgAIjMlj.jpg:large

Cool anime and cool fantasy story with excellent main cast and antagonist. I enjoyed how the climax and conclusion played out.

Hiiro pulling out the sword from the stone was the most epic thing in the anime

10/10.

KraytarJ

I normally do the 3 episode rule for anime but couldn't do Kiznaiver past 3.
It just did nothing for me :/
I feel like Kiznaiver is okay for the first 1-3 or so, godly for 4-9, and then just garbage from 10-12. It's quite a mixed bag honestly and I'm not even sure if stopping after episode 9 wouldn't have made the show more enjoyable despite the lingering questions that weren't yet answered.

The more I look at that thing the more it seems like she's been photoshopped in, dad and daughter are both having happy playtime fun while the student has a narrow eyed serious/sultry look going on. Quite apart from the massive phallic symbol she's doing her damnedest to get her mouth around that is.

Cornbread78

LOL, how did you come to that conclusion from that poster, oh my..

LMFAO, I'm still laughing.

LOL, how did you come to that conclusion from that poster, oh my..

LMFAO, I'm still laughing.

Well I elaborated in a follow on post but if you split the poster vertically on the right hand you have a show about a dad and daughter (totally into this) on the left side you have a young girl attempting to eat a hoagie in a manner usually reserved for adult entertainers (not so much this). I hope the show avoids shipping the two but if that starts and the Dad doesn't squelch it straight away I'm hopping out early.

Aki-at

Tanaka-kun is always listless - 6

I never realised I liked girls with dangerously deformed canines.

Probably my favourite episode yet, I'm liking how these misunderstandings are slowly getting more and more outlandish and how Ecchan manages to bounce off of Tanaka and Ohta so well haha.

Sölf

Finished up on Kiznaiver. Overall one of the better shows of the season, but the focus on Sonozaki wasn't that great. The overall story was good and all, but Sonozaki just wasn't a likeable character. The interactions between the main 7 were just much more enjoyable. Anyways, a good show, a good ending, not AOTS, but pretty good.

brawly

Terra Formars: Revenge | 01

Oh man. Now that I can finally binge it I don't want to. The animation is shocking. What the hell. The fights used to be incredible, now they're Naruto filler-level bad.

So disappointed. Anyone here watched it?

Wanderer5

Thanks Sound! Euphonium, I went to open up and admire my Clarinet a little lol.

4 episodes in.XD I need to stop trying to binge it lol, and probably give some impressions soon.:p

Idk why I just get a weird vibe from that show, even knowing it doesn't do it on purpose. Single parent/teacher hanging out with a teenager girl/student on off hours... even with the little kid there, and no malicious intent from him and all, I can't be the only one being kind of put off by the premise right?

Well, I've seen some other comments about that elsewhere, so there might be some stuff going on.

There is luckily little to no creepiness in the manga, and don't worry the three of them won't be alone often when making food.

Line_HTX

o_O
All of the ReLIFE episodes will air for Premium Crunchy members on July 1st.....well I guess I'm not getting anything done that Friday then.
Wait, they are dumping the entire simulcast season online all at once? Why would they do that?

Holy shit, they're starting to do the Netflix thing of putting all the episodes at once online?

I guess everyone's on a Daredevil style binge first thing in the summer, haha

Quasar

o_O
All of the ReLIFE episodes will air for Premium Crunchy members on July 1st.....well I guess I'm not getting anything done that Friday then.

Bummed cr is doing that shit. Thats exactly why I hate it with netflix. Beyond how impacts my ability to chat/speculate between episodes it also forces everyone to watching the whole thing in a day or two to avoid being spoiled. Though at least here I've probably read morecthan they are adapting.

With this I'd be relegating it to its own thread or something.

And wonder how the plebs will get it. Still week to week?

Bummed cr is doing that shit. Thats exactly why I hate it with netflix. Beyond how impacts my ability to chat/speculate between episodes it also forces everyone to watching the whole thing in a day or two to avoid being spoiled. Though at least here I've probably read morecthan they are adapting.

With this I'd be relegating it to its own thread or something.

And wonder how the plebs will get it. Still week to week?

From the news article it does look like free viewers on Crunchyroll will get access to one episode per week, yes.

Is this ironic or serious.

Am I supposed to treat this like Yuasa x Studio4C or like Jiggly Jiggly Heaven?

Serious. While the overall production of Terraformars Revenge is not great, this cut is very much in the style of Satoru Utsunomiya (action animation director on the show). Utsunomiya's style can be seen most strongly in Gosenzosama Banbanzai, or recently in his Three Fallen Witnesses short for Animator Expo.

Well thats one way to boost subs. Subscribe to binge or get spoiled.

Probably concerned with Netflix and Amazon getting in to anime in a big way that they might get left behind. To be honest right now I'm annoyed that I couldn't follow the 'samurai out of time' show (damn memory) because Netflix want to dump it all at once rather than simulcasting. Is ReLife an ONA? Does this mean CR will have all the episodes day 1 while it gets broadcast week by week in Japan?

Quasar

Probably concerned with Netflix and Amazon getting in to anime in a big way that they might get left behind. To be honest right now I'm annoyed that I couldn't follow the 'samurai out of time' show (damn memory) because Netflix want to dump it all at once rather than simulcasting. Is ReLife an ONA? Does this mean CR will have all the episodes day 1 while it gets broadcast week by week in Japan?

Must admit I'm annoyed the netflix proxy crackdown caused me to lose acces after episode 6.

That said it makes relife an interesting production case. Pretty unusual for a season of anime to be made before its broadcast at all.

Top Bottom