• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Jintor

You're telling me. I was super LTTP on this series after listening to mashups from the franchise.
The characters and music were great fun. The drama was seriously overwrought and the cg during dance sequences bombed them into The Uncanny Valley. What also came out of left field for me - and I still feel like the only one who doesn't approve of this - is their decision to
break up permanently, not even considering forming back together after
everybody graduates.

But lastly, I honestly didn't expect myself to get so hooked into the shipping scene. Heck, I just see the possibility of a 9-girl polyamorous relationship because they all seem so close together.

holy shit i thought you were quasar for a hot second

Cornbread78

oh shit. cooking AND dad/daughters cuteness. i might die.

Yeah. New dad anime is a thing for me.

Read a bit of the manga and it really is diabetes inducing.

Pretty crappy quality, but super cute smile:

NrI5fwn.gif

3vZEpC0.gif

So what is on tap for harem series this summer anyways?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232536

Not much for trashy Harem stuff unfortunately:

The closest your gonna get:

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
The Katjvarna Empire, in a state of war with the adjacent Kioka Republic.
In that region, due to certain circumstances, there was a certain youth unwillingly preparing to take the High Grade Military Officer Exam. His name, Ikta.
Disliker of war, lazy, admirer of women.
No one predicted that that kind of Ikta would later on become a soldier referred to even as a great commander…
Ikta, the one who survived a world embroiled in war with his superior genius. The curtain is raised at last on a splendid fantasy military history illustrating his stormy, dramatic life!

Masou Gakuen HxH
PV1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULs9eN7B8a0
PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfoqCMo1K0E

Ozmafia!!:
(reverse harem)
OZMAFIA follows the tale of Fūka, a girl with amnesia who doesn't remember her own name, once she's rescued from the streets by members of the Oz family mafia. She begins trying to do her best in this dangerous city where several different rival mafia gangs are constantly at war for control and territory.
As Fūka tries to make do for herself amidst this danger, what fate lies in store for her? Will she grow close to one of the members of another faction? Will she fall in love with a member of the Oz family and face a love-triangle over her affections? The choice is yours!

Line_HTX

I haven't done many episode posts as much as I wanted to... again, but for now here are my rankings for the Spring. I promise I'll catch up on my posts later starting from last Thursday's airings.

Pretty Good
Concrete Revolutio Last Song
Kiznaiver
Macross Delta

"OK."
Bakuon!!
Flying Witch
Netoge
Space PatrOL LULUco

LOL
Hundred
"But you slipped and fell, mah little Kabaneri girl~"

Dropped
Lost Village
My Hero Academia
Sakamoto

The closest your gonna get:

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
The Katjvarna Empire, in a state of war with the adjacent Kioka Republic.
In that region, due to certain circumstances, there was a certain youth unwillingly preparing to take the High Grade Military Officer Exam. His name, Ikta.
Disliker of war, lazy, admirer of women.
No one predicted that that kind of Ikta would later on become a soldier referred to even as a great commander…
Ikta, the one who survived a world embroiled in war with his superior genius. The curtain is raised at last on a splendid fantasy military history illustrating his stormy, dramatic life!

This one is not a harem, sometimes i wish it is though, then maybe the series won't be that brutal.

What also came out of left field for me - and I still feel like the only one who doesn't approve of this - is their decision to
break up permanently, not even considering forming back together after
everybody graduates.

Gotta make way for the next generation of money... Err... idols.

91 days is a show I have zero interest in until it's dubbed and considering nobody has licensed it yet afaik besides for crunchy streaming it I'm afraid it'll be a hard pass.

studyguy

Big Order 10
post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

I can't believe I finished this. I can't believe that was a happy ending. I can't believe the solution for everything was as easy as asking for your powers back from Daisy. Of course it was though, this show dropped my IQ a couple points. I guess he gets to fuck everyone, including his sister now in this happy ending. Wat, none of this made sense.

RE:Zero 13
That wretch living inside Subaru came out in a big way we've only seen glimpses of before. It was clearly intended to be a cringefest in the end, but god damn that was difficult to watch. Bad end soon by any indication of past episode antics.

Kyuur

My man.

Check out Orange this summer.

Also Rewrite, 91 Days, Battery, all sound like stuff you might like

Orange and 91 Days definitely look appealing. I do watch the first episode of everything each season though, so I'll give them all a shot. :)

What shows are actually good this season?

Kiznaiver, Kabaneri and Joker Game are all solid new originals.

My Hero Academia is a pretty good manga adaptation, with more seasons coming in the future.

Wanderer5

Orange and 91 Days definitely look appealing. I do watch the first episode of everything each season though, so I'll give them all a shot. :)

Kiznaiver, Kabaneri and Joker Game are all solid new originals.

My Hero Academia is a pretty good manga adaptation, with more seasons coming in the future.

Joker Game isn't actually a original (it's based on a novel).:p

Cornbread78

Might bring back some memories of my time in the band in middle and high school.:p Think I give the first season a round then and see about going through it before the fall season.

Come August, it will almost be suffocating: (it's an AnimeGAF favorite) every other post will be Sound! Euphonium? this, Sound! Euphonium? that, Sound! Euphonium? yuri, Sound! Euphonium? band, Sound! Euphonium? sensei, Sound! Euphonium? yuri bait, Sound! Euphonium? shipping, Sound! Euphonium? nationals, Sound! Euphonium?. LOL.

Might bring back some memories of my time in the band in middle and high school.:p Think I give the first season a round then and see about going through it before the fall season.

You might just end up falling in love with it, considering what happened with Thoraxes and Hosanna ;P

javac

Animation Cultural Program and Japanese Animation Film 100th Anniversary Project
Almost hundred years before from now, one of the Asakusa movie theaters in Tokyo released an animation film. Then we will celebrate 100th years anniversary in 2017 .
Actually, historians pointed out that picture scrolls in 12th century in Japan were quite animation-like. Famous Japanese animation director, Mr. Isao Takahata even wrote a book on this issue, the title of which is The Twelfth Century Animation: Picture Scrolls of National Treasure from Movie and Animation Film’s point of View.

Many artists in Japan, fascinated by this technology of creation like other countries, enthusiastically drew and painted to move pictures, accumulating uncountable trials. It was Emile Cohl’s Les Exploits de Feu Follet alias Nipparu no henkei which has the earliest proven release date of animation film in Japanese movie theater in 1912. It was five years after, in 1917, Japanese-made first cartoon film was released, produced by three person, Hekoten Shimokawa, Seitarou Kitayama and Junichi Kouuchi.

According to the survey in January 2016 by Encyclopedia of Japanese Animation the total numbers of animation movie amount to 11,546 titles, 156,937 episodes from that time.

Japanese animation film started as a 『漫画映画("cartoon movie")』, which was what they called it in 1920 's. It involved many talents of creation while evolving into what represents now Japan-made creation contents. Method of expression, technology and media have changed dramatically during the course of that evolution. As a result, enthusiasts increased significantly and animation creators were educated in industrial bases. This industry also attracts school attendance, researcher, business and tourist from abroad to our country.

It is our belief that the true importance and attractiveness of Japanese animation film consists of not only the technical innovativeness of pictures and expression but also the scope of influences it wielders now on fashion, food and life-style in general. The influence of animation in Japan even extends to science and technology, industry and urban design, by deciding the mind-set of younger generations, shaping the future.

We are promoting the new project to make the next 100 years of Japanese animation history more fruitful by commemorating the 100th years anniversary in 2017. Our promotion urges Japanese animation industry to cooperate with the government and other sectors of society having longer-term of perspective.

Fortunately, our country is now promoting domestic sectors of culture and art considering the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Game in 2020. Japanese Government sponsors four years cultural-program projects starting from 2016. We are cooperating closely with the Cabinet and municipal governments to take this timing, which necessitates the planning and policies to promote the product commercialization and the media-mix strategy of Japanese animation industry, which consists of animation film, comic, game, toy, music and package media.

We promise the dynamic development of the 100th Year Anniversary Project and to propose the Animation Cultural Program which is appropriate as the kick-off start for the future of Japanese animation industry.

We also promote the extension of this result to foreign countries. Those activities should be the social infrastructure for the Japanese animation culture, which produces future creativity of the next generations.

In 2017, we start the following projects from Tokyo to world-wide. We would like to promote the Anniversary Project with everyone who are interested in this endeavor. One of the key projects will be the archive, which becomes the basis of Japanese animation culture;

1. Release of the Encyclopedia of Japanese Animation that is the authenticated online database,
  2. History of Japanese animation, collection of oral history, special programs and publications,
  3. A Hundred selections of the animation title and screening party for that,
  4. Exhibitions in domestic and foreign countries,
  5. Festival, competition and event,
  6. Local public relations and City Jack.
Animation is basically for children, although we admit whole-heartedly that there are lots of grown-ups who do not forget the naiveness of children, to nurture in their mind “dream and friendship, love and courage, spiritual excitement and power to live.” It is our delight that Japanese animations could contribute in this regards not only for Japanese children but in global, transcending generations, sexualities and borders. It should “animate” the human being and epoch.

It is our hope the everyone who would kindly agree with this Prospectus participates Animation Cultural Program and Japanese Animation Film 100th Anniversary Project to promote the collaboration.

Thank you very much.
http://anime100.jp/eng/index.html

Wanderer5

Hosanna being a pianist and Thoraxes uh, a conductor (?), they ended up appreciating the enormous attention to detail in this show so much, they almost died.

Oh god lol.

Been a while since I played my clarinet, through just wrapping episode 2 (lol!), I am already grinning so much.XD This is looking to be a lot of fun.

Edit: The memories already hit me by this in the opening alone:

Reeds! I kind of remembered that I ended up going up to hardness 5 (reeds have a scale of 1-5 from soft to hard) decently fast .XD

And course this has to be the first title card that comes up first.

Taruranto

Kiznavier #12

I would probably felt something if half of the cast was more than one-line clichè. What was the point of the purple haired dude? What do we know about Tenga, Nico or Yuta? Even Chidori is basically entirelly defined by her crush on Kacchon.

Also, I don't understand the sci-fi part of the show, all
Sonozaki was to do was releasing her pain to solve Kacchon and Village of the Damned children problems?

Idk why I just get a weird vibe from that show, even knowing it doesn't do it on purpose. Single parent/teacher hanging out with a teenager girl/student on off hours... even with the little kid there, and no malicious intent from him and all, I can't be the only one being kind of put off by the premise right?

Qurupeke

Idk why I just get a weird vibe from that show, even knowing it doesn't do it on purpose. Single parent/teacher hanging out with a teenager girl/student on off hours... even with the little kid there, and no malicious intent from him and all, I can't be the only one being kind of put off by the premise right?

tumblr_m0ghy1Qo8v1r0089n.gif

blurr

Yea, Euphonium reminded me of school Piano club days - we, especially I was nowhere near professional but I was interested in the instrument. There was a band as well but it wasn't really a club.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can anyone list some non-shoujo shows writen by women (whether based on their light novel or manga too)?

Full Metal Alchemist
Silver Spoon
Konosuba
Mitsudomoe

The last two I was super surprised were written by a woman.

Should also mention Rance too I guess. Yes! The plot and characterization of the games is written by a woman lol.

There's one other series that just got kickstarted that I'm not going to mention >_>

Can anyone list some non-shoujo shows writen by women (whether based on their light novel or manga too)?

Full Metal Alchemist
Silver Spoon
Konosuba
Mitsudomoe

Should also mention Rance too I guess. Yes! The plot and characterization of the games is written by a woman lol.

There's one other series that just got kickstarted that I'm not going to mention >_>

Akira Amano (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) and Katsura Hoshino (D-Gray man) are 2 i know off my head.

Ascheroth

Full Metal Alchemist
Silver Spoon
Konosuba
Mitsudomoe

Kekkaishi (Tanabe Yellow ) haven't seen the anime, but the manga is ace
Mushishi (Urushibara Yuki)
Magi (Ohtaka Shinobu )

Full Metal Alchemist
Silver Spoon
Konosuba
Mitsudomoe

Why would they be surprising?

Full Metal Alchemist
Silver Spoon
Konosuba
Mitsudomoe

Gangsta

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now that the yen has gone up from the UK's fuck up, can we get some good ass animation consistently again?

Sterok

Sailor Moon Crystal S3 13

Huh, Saturn really did do all the work. We really have to thank Pharaoh 90 for opening up a portal to another world so that Saturn could go all planet busting without having to worry about Earth. Between Saturn crushing everything and Moon reviving everyone, it's hard to see how they could ever lose. Hotaru got some new parents rather fast. Minako gets to join Usagi in the failure brigade. That's it for this season, but they should be wary of circuses. And Chibi-Usa should be especially wary of horses from now on.

That was basically more Sailor Moon Crystal, with all the same flaws as before. Usagi herself was alright, but the Inners were completely worthless and did jack shit in the finale. The Outers weren't much better, with their roles ultimately boiling down to summoning Saturn so that she could do all the hard work. And they were antagonistic early on for no good reason. Mamoru was kind of worthless. Chibi-Usa was kind of okay, mostly because she was associated with Hotaru, the only redeeming point of this season. We never did and never will get enough of the Messiah of Silence. Animation was consistent this time at least. Story was ho-hum, mostly because it moved so slowly. Once again I wonder why the manga is liked by so many.

Top Bottom