• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Chindogg

KonoSuba OVA

It's lewd and hilarious, but not episode 9 lewd.

Also,

Cl6nNyHUsAAoFbQ.jpg:large

Squishy3

I bet the OP and ED animations only consist of Bastion and Torbjorn getting POTG mowing down people and hammering the turrets.
It'd be the one Torbjorn play of the game where he's trying to look up the Widowmaker's skirt, but he'd be freaking out because he's having a nosebleed.

Sölf

Put into that perspective, Cornbread is someone I now aspire to be.

Eh, our own lord Buddha we want to become is obviously Melonpan.

But honestly, I wake up and the first things I read is that Cornbread has never watched Cowboy Bebop or Baccano. Madness. Utter Madness.

More of a generic question but figured this would be the best place to put it.

I want to watch Evangelion for the first time. Should I watch the original or the new 1.11, 2.22 etc?

I want to watch Evangelion for the first time. Should I watch the original or the new 1.11, 2.22 etc?

Original, all the way.

Original TV series 26 episodes, after that watch the movie End of Evangelion and if you caught the Eva fever you'll likely check out the rebuild movies (1.11 etc.) too. While those aren't horrible by themselves they just can't compare and the 3.33 is particularly poorly regarded. Everyone's basically hoping that 4.44 puts a great spin on these rebuild films but it's not likely happening.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?(Do you have what THE END? Are you busy? Shall you save xxx?) Anime announced.

>Five hundred years have passed since humanity went extinct at the hands of the fearsome "Beasts." Even up in the sky, where the surviving races dwell on floating islands, these monstrosities constantly threaten to bring death and destruction. Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to defeat these creatures. Into the girls' unstable and fleeting lives, where a call to certain death could come at any moment, enters an unlikely character: a young man who lost everything five hundred years ago, the last living human awakened from a long, icy slumber.
Rf9BvOx.jpg

Sounds generic i know, but i heard it's actually pretty good.
And total 5 volumes only(1st part) btw.

Even ignoring that the first two rebuilds are worse versions of NGE, I still wouldn't recommend them because I'm not even sure how a person would process 3.33 without knowledge of NGE and, to some extent, Anno and the fan response to NGE.

Cornbread78

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?(Do you have what THE END? Are you busy? Shall you save xxx?) Anime announced.

Something like this has to be a harem, right?

I would also recommending reading this and watching this after completing the TV series and End of Evangelion.

Eh, while that's probably the only lens through which to view the rebuilds, one of the reasons I would recommend sticking to NGE+EoE and avoiding them is because it allows you to ignore the Anno/fan stuff if you want. The reason the rebuilds are so disappointing to me is that they primarily inherited that aspect of Eva's legacy; something that was never foregrounded in the show and only made explicit in parts of EoE. I don't agree with calling that stuff a myth, but I do think there's too much emphasis on it in the discussion around Eva in the anime fandom.

I love it when anime decides to use Irish mythological references, it's fun to compare and contrast the Japanese mispronunciations to the American and English mispronunciations I'm so familiar with. FMP is especially hilarious in this respect (only 2/3 of the way through S1 or so)

Yea, I'd love to travel outside my country some day.

Im waiting on first traveling all of america before hoping to travel out of the country. Just about 20 CONUS left to go mostly places in the north east. And most of the north states except washington.

But Im a bit worried outside of america just isnt safe.

Jintor

everything's relative. honestly, i worry inside of america isn't safe.

though you are admittedly less likely to get home invaded for ransom like malaysia occasionally is

Flying Witch 11-12 -END-

most comfy series ever. probably my anime of the season methinks. granted i don't really watch much, but still.

what's life like on the SoL front next season?

Im waiting on first traveling all of america before hoping to travel out of the country. Just about 20 CONUS left to go mostly places in the north east. And most of the north states except washington.

Honestly the rest of the world wonders if travelling to America is safe, stick to relatively wealthy nations and they will all likely have crime rates at or below US norms (certainly homicide rates at least). Even in nations with higher crime rates, such as Mexico, I've backpacked through including states such as Oaxaca without ever feeling unsafe (that was group travel with two other men and a woman). Just dress in a suitably shabby manner so you look like you're not worth bothering with, save the good clothes for nights out and you'll be fine.

Travel outside the US is worth it as while travel within the US can offer you pretty much every type of landscape or scenery your heart could desire you will never feel 'foreign'. That in itself is a worthwhile experience same goes for fellow europeans too, if you can go outside the EU, while it's less homogeneous than the US it's not as different as Africa or Asia (though I haven't visited the former, the latter certainly was).

blurr

Yea, I've been to most major cities in my country as well but it's either been years or I haven't roamed enough. Still, there are numerous other places worth visiting around the country.

It's probably just travel anxiety which is what I also suffer from. I recently made a trip to another nearby city to meet some friends so I can try to cope with it better. Need to do that again.

Cornbread78

what's life like on the SoL front next season?

Sölf;208464432 said:
We get Handa-kun, the Barakamon spinoff. Trailer looked more like Comedy than SoL, but that might be something.

Amaama to Inazuma
a.k.a : Sweetness and Lightning

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32828/Amaama_to_Inazuma

Synopsis:
Kouhei Inuzuka is a teacher who has been caring for his little daughter on his own since his wife's death. He's no good at cooking, so he and his daughter Tsumugi have been eating packaged meals from the convenience store. A series of events lead him one evening to a restaurant run by the mother of one of his students, Kotori. Her mother isn't there, but Kotori does her best to feed them both. It turns out Kotori is often alone since her parents are divorced and her mother is frequently not around. The three of them begin to meet and cook tasty food together.

PV:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6UAqXbEbyc

Looks super comfy and cute.

Northeast is the place to be!

Those overwatch 'anime openings' are all pretty bad.

Besides, like everyone always says "oh my gosh, I want a full feature-length film of this franchise that I saw one of Blizz' cinematics of."

You do not actually want that until they've got a major change in their creative control roles and Metzen is shot to the moon.

Jintor

i don't really want an overwatch anime. i just like OPs

d.va's dialogue bugs the shit out of me but the endless gremlin dva comics make me laugh so hard

Jintor

Amaama to Inazuma
a.k.a : Sweetness and Lightning

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32828/Amaama_to_Inazuma

Synopsis:
Kouhei Inuzuka is a teacher who has been caring for his little daughter on his own since his wife's death. He's no good at cooking, so he and his daughter Tsumugi have been eating packaged meals from the convenience store. A series of events lead him one evening to a restaurant run by the mother of one of his students, Kotori. Her mother isn't there, but Kotori does her best to feed them both. It turns out Kotori is often alone since her parents are divorced and her mother is frequently not around. The three of them begin to meet and cook tasty food together.

PV:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6UAqXbEbyc

Looks super comfy and cute.

oh shit. cooking AND dad/daughters cuteness. i might die.

You're telling me. I was super LTTP on this series after listening to mashups from the franchise.
The characters and music were great fun. The drama was seriously overwrought and the cg during dance sequences bombed them into The Uncanny Valley. What also came out of left field for me - and I still feel like the only one who doesn't approve of this - is their decision to
break up permanently, not even considering forming back together after
everybody graduates.

But lastly, I honestly didn't expect myself to get so hooked into the shipping scene. Heck, I just see the possibility of a 9-girl polyamorous relationship because they all seem so close together.

Top Bottom