• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Goddammit crunchyroll, get your shit straight. If Netflix pulled this "we are experiencing high traffic" shit every damn weekend they'd be out of business.

Cornbread78

Beck ep.9-10
qRl9q89.png
Koyuki definitely has had it rough up to now, but things might be looking up with the band and maybe Naho.... Get to work my friend.

Joe Molotov

Is this where we all pretend like we didn't know what Tsugumomo and Eromanga-sensei were and now we're shocked, shocked to discover that lewdity is going on here?

i mean... you just summed up Dragonball as a whole

yeah but not always do I get the same voice actor having to do it both. At least I think she does both Goku and Gohan. I'd like to imagine that they voiced it in real time and she kept fucking up the order of who was supposed to say A DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH

kewlmyc

Is this where we all pretend like we didn't know what Tsugumomo and Eromanga-sensei were and now we're shocked, shocked to discover that lewdity is going on here?

I warned people about Tsugumomo but nobody listened.

Eromanga-sensei has "ero" in the title, so I'm not sure what people were expecting with that.

cj_iwakura

Serial Experiments Lain 1

Hmm. It's interesting, I guess, but it didn't really grab me. It was nice to see all those old computers and the how similar or different today's technology and the Internet are compared to the show's expectations. However, I don't really understand what the show is about, as the first episode dealt with technology, the occult, religion and what seemed like depression, mostly in dialogue-less scenes. Lain appears to be more perceptive than she looks like, though I'm also confused on that aspect. I generally don't understand if this is a show that I'll enjoy or if it's merit comes solely from the presentation of its themes.

I hope I won't regret my decision to watch this over Dennou Coil, which appears to be a much more colourful show about technology, in comparison.

I want to be a fly on the wall for your thoughts later on. Things escalate pretty quickly. And the art is god tier.

Cornbread78

Nah, it's just shocking to actually see it happen despite warnings ..

Tsugu is visually WTF

Eromanga is WTF conceptionally without the ecchi (outside of 1 scene)

RE: Creators #6: The lead character was barely in this episode. He was not missed.

I warned people about Tsugumomo but nobody listened.

Eromanga-sensei has "ero" in the title, so I'm not sure what people were expecting with that.

Tsugumomo has the same problem as OH! Great's work. Visually amazing action, but the mangaka can't help themselves. Ever. EVER. A goddamn shame.

Tsugumomo artist probably draws the most kinetic action scenes in manga but only so he can also draw extremely problematique stuff as well

Dragon Ball Super 90

I got 30 minutes of:

Gc3Fuhs.gif

High pitch: A DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH

Slightly higher pitch: A DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH DEH

Yep. Goku and Gohan have like, the exact same battle cry.

Cornbread78

Tsugumomo artist probably draws the most kinetic action scenes in manga but only so he can also draw extremely problematique stuff as well

Why does there have to be a fucking bath scene every episode? Like, wtf....

Also, is there more action coming soon, I had to skim past this past episode at a couple points (every bath scene now)

Tsugumomo has the same problem as OH! Great's work. Visually amazing action, but the mangaka can't help themselves. Ever. EVER. A goddamn shame.

A few of the episodes weren't that bad, then you get that other stuff mixed in....uuggh

zulux21

Goddammit crunchyroll, get your shit straight. If Netflix pulled this "we are experiencing high traffic" shit every damn weekend they'd be out of business.

I'm reminded of a yogi berra quote here.

"Nobody goes there anymore because it's always too crowded."

:p

kewlmyc

I honestly believe the mangaka could be up there with some of the all time greats in terms of detailed action panels. His dedication to smut is holding him back, sadly.

JulianImp

I think everyone watching both shows know what they're in for.

At least from having watched only the first episode of Eromanga-sensei, I'd say it was dumb and did feel like the MC and his little sister had feelings for each other, but it wasn't awful smut from the get-go. Tsugumomo, on the other hand...

Guess I'll just keep watching more Kuroko and keep my list of seasonal shows limited to Tsuki ga Kirei, Kado, AoT S2 and maaaaybe Alice & Zoroku (even though I'll probably end up dropping it soon if it doesn't improve).

Super Lovers s2 5-10

Man these episodes just went by....That whole Ren arc was just amazing. Cute, sweet, emotional and full of great moments. I loved everything about it. That last episode with Ren finally saying that Haru was his...perfect! Even with the few production issues(damn you derp faces!), this a 10/10.

Shingeki no Kyojin - 32

Nice episode but before I went to it I was rooting, and still am, for Reiner/Bertholdt here due to the child soldier vibe I picked up from them during the last episode; they may be on the wrong side but goddamn am I empathizing hard with them, plus there's still so much I want answered such as what village/land they come from (along with Annie) and what they're ultimate plan was once encountering Eren. On top of that, Armored Titan and Colossus Titan just look so much cooler than Eren's Titan form.

MMA Titan battle is still MMA Titan battle though and it was great seeing it animated excellently; actually I laughed a bit during the beginning as Eren ate those sucker punches. The Colossus Titan coming down on the two for the cliffhanger seems odd though, like what's the goal here? Gonna faceplant into the ground with an open jaw?

Speaking of the Colossus Titan what's the deal with his skull face in the end? Was his steam defense using the muscled flesh as fuel to generate the steam?

Boku no Hero Academia - 20

Fun episode, love the background we got from Shinso during it. Highly likely he's gonna be inducted into the same hero class as the others once the tournament arc is over to which I look forward to in how the series handles his Qurik in a combat situation.

Kinda annoyed with the announcer dude shouting everything out and ruining any kind of subtle. During the Sero/Todoroki match I found it great that Sero was able to use his Quirk for a quick round out to which quickly became annoyance as the announcer literally explained it as the best possible strategy for him, blah. Pity cheer was great though.

Regardless I do hope the final battles go longer instead of pitting two one after another (maybe like a battle for each episode?)

i dont think crunchyroll actually subtitled crystal, i think it was done by toei

also the speed racer release at the end of may is english dub only correct?

Eromanga Sensei Ep 6

Well what a surprise the author they were talking about earlier is here. Pretty funny scene with elf triggering her tsundere attitude they were making fun of. Also the doujins were writing themselves with this episode.

Re: Creators Ep 6
Im loving the new creator that was introduced. Her power is pretty dang cool though a little complicated. Im glad that the characters are getting fleshed out. Im pretty excited seeing where it goes. Also where my persona user at.

Chindogg

Why does there have to be a fucking bath scene every episode? Like, wtf....

Also, is there more action coming soon, I had to skim past this past episode at a couple points (every bath scene now)

A few of the episodes weren't that bad, then you get that other stuff mixed in....uuggh

It ramps up with incredible action scenes but at the same time the raunchiness ramps up as well.

Without spoiling any plot elements, one of the most recent chapters has a gag where Kiriha jerks off the MC and aims his ejaculate at Kukuri's (the kid god) face as she's walking in to see what's going on.

Personally, I find sex jokes hilarious but I can see how it can make people uncomfortable. It just runs with the territory for this series.

Calcaneus

Yeah, I use the Roku app and its a mess for a lot of their simulcasts. Kado works fine for me, but DBS and Attack on Titan refuse to even load.

Eccentric Family S2 6

Mmm I'm going to say here that the second season, while still being one of the best series of the year, (and having great episodes like the previous one) it doesn't have the same impact as the first season.
Things like again the uncle as antagonist and again the menace of the Friday Club makes it feel a bit a rehash. Also, Yasaburo and Benten mysterious/weird relationship was more interesting in the first season, at this point there should be some character or relationship growth, to one way or another.

But we are still in the middle of the season, it still has time to both surprise me and advance the characters.

Eccentric Family S2 6

Mmm I'm going to say here that the second season, while still being one of the best series of the year, (and having great episodes like the previous one) it doesn't have the same impact as the first season.
Things like again the uncle as antagonist and again the menace of the Friday Club makes it feel a bit a rehash. Also, Yasaburo and Benten mysterious/weird relationship was more interesting in the first season, at this point there should be some character or relationship growth, to one way or another.

But we are still in the middle of the season, it still has time to both surprise me and advance the characters.

I can see why someone would feel Eccentric Family 2 is a bit of a rehash, and clearly the series itself is aware of covering similar ground with episode titles like "Daimonji Leisure Cruiser Battle Continued" and "The Friday Club Once More". Still, if you consider the new characters such as Nidaime and Tenmaya, the new settings such as this episode's Hell, and the new situations characters are put in such as Yaichiro's romance, the professor''s crusade against tanuki hot pots getting him in hot water at the university, and of course Benten's defeat by Nidaime, I don't think the criticism that Eccentric Family 2 is just a rehash can be sustained. One theme that this season of Eccentric Family has been fixated on, which I don't recall being notably present in the first season, is that of changing from one form of being to another. We see that in a goofy form in Kinkaku and Ginkaku's quest to become English gentlemen, in a more serious form in Nidaime having been a tengu but now insisting that he is not one, and then in this episode Soun declares that he is abandoning being a tanuki for the sake of joining the Friday Club and eating tanuki himself. I'm not sure how this theme will end up being developed over the remainder of the story, but it seems to be asking how far change of your fundamental nature is possible or permissible. It's an interesting idea to be exploring within this kind of fantastical setting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like where Soun's arc going at least. He's trying to do what Benten did, "climbing" the mythological social ladder from a tanuki to human. Being a tanuki, he's obviously going to fuck it up somehow.

While S1 primarily dealt with intra-tanuki politics, S2 seems to be concerned with social hierarchy.

Cornbread78

It ramps up with incredible action scenes but at the same time the raunchiness ramps up as well.
Without spoiling any plot elements, one of the most recent chapters has a gag where Kiriha jerks off the MC and aims his ejaculate at Kukuri's (the kid god) face as she's walking in to see what's going on.
Personally, I find sex jokes hilarious but I can see how it can make people uncomfortable. It just runs with the territory for this series.

I'm all good with the raunchy comedy, but the issue here is their depicted ages. I mean, I could laugh along if they were much older, but in their current forms, there is just too much wrong with it...

lbsa

I'm all good with the raunchy comedy, but the issue here is their depicted ages. I mean, I could laugh along if they were much older, but in their current forms, there is just too much wrong with it...

But it's all ok, since Kiriha is not actually a little girl, but a living cloth and Kukuri is a shinto goddess or something. Right?/s

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Not sure if you knew this but Netflix's IT infrastructure and the backbone of how they run their business is extremely revolutionary and leaps and bounds ahead of any streaming service out their in the market save maybe Amazon video. Netflix will ever rareely suck in terms of delivering quality service. Every other company's service is going to look like an absolute joke.

Having all your biggest/most popular show coming out on weekends(minus Boruto) will cause high traffic. Personally while slower, I never have the site just dead for me. I binged Super lovers with no problem yesterday.

Does CR have traffic problems every weekend?

Yes its been like this every weekend this year and before.

Having all your biggest/most popular show coming out on weekends(minus Boruto) will cause high traffic. Personally while slower, I never have the site just dead for me. I binged Super lovers with no problem yesterday.

But the site doesnt have traffic issues when the biggest/most popular show comes out on weekends (heroaca and shingeki, no issues ever), saturdays DBS, doesnt even cause issues anymore now (did people drop it and just move on to the dub on tv?) . Like why is it having traffic problems 6 - 11pm Sunday nights week after week, when nothing simulcasts at that time, and I doubt Eccentric Family 2 is something that would bring big traffic.

Yes its been like this every weekend this year and before.

But the site doesnt have traffic issues when the biggest/most popular show comes out on weekends (heroaca and shingeki, no issues ever), saturdays DBS, doesnt even cause issues anymore now (did people drop it and just move on to the dub on tv?) . Like why is it having traffic problems 6 - 11pm Sunday nights week after week, when nothing simulcasts at that time, and I doubt Eccentric Family 2 is something that would bring big traffic.

Just because something simulcast at 5:30 in the morning doesn't mean that's when people are going to watch it. I'd guess that, for some reason, 6-11pm Sunday night is when a majority of Crunchy Subscribers decide to watch the anime they're following that release over the weekend, regardless of release time. Or maybe it's ill-timed maintenance, but you'd think Crunchy would have some sense.

Just because something simulcast at 5:30 in the morning doesn't mean that's when people are going to watch it. I'd guess that, for some reason, 6-11pm Sunday night is when a majority of Crunchy Subscribers decide to watch the anime they're following that release over the weekend, regardless of release time. Or maybe it's ill-timed maintenance, but you'd think Crunchy would have some sense.

Pretty much agree with Vald here. AoT, MHA and co may come out at other times on weekends, but I'm pretty sure Sunday/saturday night is where most people sit down to watch the weekend shows.

I really doubt there would be high traffic on their site at 5:30 AM or 10:30 AM.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Chances are that they don't have a very responsive backend facilitating scaling watchers. What I mean is that they expect traffic to be low around that time so they size down their backend services in order to reflect that. Most likely they are sizing it down too much or it's not automated so therefore there are traffic issues.

John Blade

Just hold off watching some anime and now watching old video from video games FMV from Wing Commander 3 & 4. Make me wonder if they is any anime which have the similar tune like Wing Commander except Macross and Gundam. I am kinda have this itch to watch one. Why do I like old FMV stuff.

wc3.jpg

Pretty much agree with Vald here. AoT, MHA and co may come out at other times on weekends, but I'm pretty sure Sunday/saturday night is where most people sit down to watch the weekend shows.

I really doubt there would be high traffic on their site at 5:30 AM or 10:30 AM.

but the site struggled at 5:55 AM when the first episode of Boruto came out, so its not like people are not watching anime when it first comes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom