• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

It's one of the kugiloli cinematic universe shows yeah.

----

What the hell, Heybot is a 20 minute long show, I thought for sure they were shorts of sort.

Narag

Discotek also scored Kaiba

DCDvZq3UwAAj9DY.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TomAznable/status/873961571566964737

now you can watch uncomfortable robot sex in Blu ray HD

Only way to watch it!

I haven't commented on the last episode of Kado before.

I don't mind as much the reveal
that zaSuhina (or whatever it's his name) had ulterior motives in how he acted, it's the twiiist that the girl was also an alien with the duty to defend Earth where I can say it went 'full anime'.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remember when Kado was good?

I'm glad duckroll's thread failed to take off, otherwise, his reputation would've been further tarnished.

/XX/

Uh, ok...

The page didn't load fast enough, so it didn't go to the right comment right away :p
or did it?
I'm pretty sure XX wouldn't link to that here ;p
Of course I wouldn't, unless strictly necessary to access juicy bits! ;-)

Don't mind it, guys! Ignore the usual banter just to check the pure useful information, although I truly apologise for not putting earlier a disclaimer in my previous post.

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 19

Not even bothering to hide that she's a fairy huh. About time the second one from the op showed up. Ciel reminds me of Kurumi for some reason. Except she's not a dick. Why is a teenage French patisserie so famous in Japan? Don't really like Ichika being a klutz after becoming competent at cooking. Okay debut for her, but I need more for a solid opinion.

Ascheroth

King's Avatar 09-10

Smh at all of you sleeping on this. One of the most entertaining shows of the season, consistently fun.
Just look at this (quality better in the official stream obviously) and that's from the early episodes.

Anyway. Qiao Yifan joins the team! Damn, didn't expect his Ghostblade to look this badass.
Looks like Lord Grims identity has been revealed~
And some folks seem to be unhappy with him and team taking all the records and now they try to harass them with PvP. Good luck, lol.

/XX/

To add something about the comments made by Tatsuru Tatemoto that I posted a link to; in the vein of things I mentioned before and I do now again, I feel as if many people have been sleeping on the importance of the role that studio overseers like Masahiko Ōtsuka have. Be it in positions inside boards of directors or simply top management, key people of GAiNAX tended to give uncredited assistance and give necessary input gestating project plans (something Mr. Ōtsuka did for his TRIGGER 'protégées' since TTGL, for example), and it is a staple of their lineage since the GENERAL PRODUCTS days as others like 'GAiNAXers' Mr. Okada & Mr. Takeda documented.

We tend to personalise because sometimes it is easier to focus our attention on single objectives, or also because other times they claim to bear sole responsibility as certain leaders want to do, instead of on occasions acknowledging the 'perfect storm' of inclusive ideas some productions are.

King's Avatar 09-10

Smh at all of you sleeping on this. One of the most entertaining shows of the season, consistently fun.
Just look at this (quality better in the official stream obviously) and that's from the early episodes.

Anyway. Qiao Yifan joins the team! Damn, didn't expect his Ghostblade to look this badass.
Looks like Lord Grims identity has been revealed~
And some folks seem to be unhappy with him and team taking all the records and now they try to harass them with PvP. Good luck, lol.

I just want Shaotian [Flowing Tree][Troubling Rain] to join, best.

I finally watched The Wind Rises after having the BD for a long time and I enjoyed it. It's on my second tier of Miyazaki movies as I liked it a lot but dont know if I loved it. While it does have problems (I wish there were far less dream sequences), the music and animation are world class as expected of Studio Ghibli.

I gotta say, the movie wrecked me emotionally. The Jiro/Naoko scenes hit me hard, especially toward the last third of the film. Ghibli did an incredible job showing the chemistry between these two. I absolutely adored the details in their interactions and I wish the movie devoted more time to them. Its this convincing relationship that made Jiros selfishness toward the end all the more upsetting and heartbreaking. I cried during a few of scenes and I get sad when I think about them :(

I just feel melancholy. Jiro fulfilled his dream but at what cost? Was it still worth doing, when your work brings nothing but pain and suffering to others?

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe he didn't feel like giving his all (outside of just being professional enough) because this new project wasn't totally fulfilling the original motives for it he truly envisioned. :p

Be advised; the above link could lead to explicit content without previous indication (its 4Chan, after all)... careful!
Wow those backstories are dark. What the hell, those are more interesting than anything in the past twenty episodes. It fits too with the Shiny Chariot stuff and makes the LWA world kind of seedy. Some of that reminds me of traditional folklore magic stuff which was the vibes I got early on from the concept art.
To add something about the comments made by Tatsuru Tatemoto that I posted a link to; in the vein of things I mentioned before and I do now again, I feel as if many people have been sleeping on the importance of the role that studio overseers like Masahiko Ōtsuka have. Be it in positions inside boards of directors or simply top management, key people of GAiNAX tended to give uncredited assistance and give necessary input gestating project plans (something Mr. Ōtsuka did for his TRIGGER 'protégées' since TTGL, for example), and it is a staple of their lineage since the GENERAL PRODUCTS days as others like 'GAiNAXers' Mr. Okada & Mr. Takeda documented.

We tend to personalise because sometimes it is easier to focus our attention on single objectives, or also because other times they claim to bear sole responsibility as certain leaders want to do, instead of on occasions acknowledging the 'perfect storm' of inclusive ideas some productions are.

Otsuka isn't credited as such but he was supposedly the unofficial assistant director for Enchanted Parade.

Sokugeki no Soma Episode 1 - Another r/anime "rewatch" of a series that's been in my queue for a while now so I'm joining in. I've read the manga on and off so I already no the gist of the plot. I'm still shocked that this runs in Shonen Jump though.

I'm aware of the influence producers can have on anime projects, but they tend to not be as visible as directors/animators so discerning their influence is more difficult.

/XX/

Otsuka isn't credited as such but he was supposedly the unofficial assistant director for Enchanted Parade.
Yep! He seems now accustomed to reigning over Mr. Yoshinari & Co. (although I have this mental vision of him having a much more difficult time subduing Mr. Imaishi's and Mr. Wakabayashi's most "childish" desires). :p

I'm aware of the influence producers can have on anime projects, but they tend to not be as visible as directors/animators so discerning their influence is more difficult.
Yeah, of course. I obviously make such assumptions too, as it is logical given the sparse fragments of information on the production line and processes for each work we are usually given. That was just an out-loud reflection I like to make from time to time, aimed at me and everyone else as a handy reminder.

petran79

Banned
Yep! He seems now accustomed to reigning over Mr. Yoshinari & Co. (although I have this mental vision of him having a much more difficult time subduing Mr. Imaishi's and Mr. Wakabayashi's most "childish" desires). :p

Otsuka was also the lead director in Princess Yucie while at Gainax. Hideaki Anno was also the series supervisor.

A series that was based on the lewd Princess Maker games, where Gainax also took part.

Fortunately series is more kid friendly. I see some similarities in the main characters and plot between Yucie and LWA TV, with Otsuka's series being superior in comedy,drama,friendship,adventure,romance,everything. Animation too for the episodes that were animated by Gainax.

Problem with LWA TV was that they did not want to launch it as a kids/shojo series so as to not dissapoint their adult backers. No romance at all for vast majority of episodes. Characters hardly evolve.

Otsuka was also the lead director in Princess Yucie while at Gainax. Hideaki Anno was also the series supervisor.

A series that was based on the lewd Princess Maker games, where Gainax also took part.

Fortunately series is more kid friendly. I see some similarities in the main characters and plot between Yucie and LWA TV, with Otsuka's series being superior in comedy,drama,friendship,adventure,romance,everything. Animation too for the episodes that were animated by Gainax.

Problem with LWA TV was that they did not want to launch it as a kids/shojo series so as to not dissapoint their adult backers. No romance at all for vast majority of episodes. Characters hardly evolve.

Uh, with Netflix being the primary distribution method and one of the primary backers, I'm pretty sure LWA TV is aimed at a kids' audience first and foremost. This wasn't crowdfunded.

My only beef is, they keep pushing dragonball Z. Looking at the same characters again.

I mean you look at those Cell and Buu models and you're like "Fuck yeah thats a good looking Cell." I'm fine with just the look, it looks like a dream game and applying the Xrd style to an actual anime they picked the right one off the bat

They had Golden Freeza so maybe there will be Beerus, Whis, Black, Hit etc. If not its ArcSys so 16 months later there will be a Super (lol) version

sonicmj1

Kado: The Right Answer 9

I thought people were overreacting, but then the very end of the episode hit and I was like wow, they really did go full anime. That's a very big tone shift. If this were going to be a longer series I'd be excited to see where they went with it, but it's too much this close to the end.

They're doing cool stuff with the art direction, though. A lot of the scenes inside Kado in this episode seem to go beyond anything they've done before in creating unique, memorable environments.

Kado: The Right Answer 9

I thought people were overreacting, but then the very end of the episode hit and I was like wow, they really did go full anime. That's a very big tone shift. If this were going to be a longer series I'd be excited to see where they went with it, but it's too much this close to the end.

This is one time I can see people saying something went "anime" or is too "anime" and actually understand what they mean, as in going for a bombastic twist for the sake of it. Like how a JRPG always has to have some final twist at the end of the third act.

Like imagine if Legend of the Galactic Heroes ended with Oberstein being a sleeper agent and he ends up resurrecting Rudolf and then him and Reinhard have a sword fight.

I don't really have much confidence it will go anywhere interesting.

99% likely to have a dub lol

Funimation is credited in the reveal so

Is there anything special about Golden Frieza or is it the same stupid villian that refuses to permadie?

Golden Freeza is the form Freeza was able to achieve after training for 3-6 months after being resurrected by his minions. Freeza never had to train before because of his naturally overwhelming power, but it turns out he was a savant all along and if he did train he could easily surpass what he showed on Namek. Freeza thought the only things in the universe that could possibly stop him were Majin Buu, Beerus and the Saiyans and he took care of that last one.

Aki-at

Kado - 9

Alright so this is the big episode that everyone is making a big deal out off, can't be that weird right?

Oh I like it, another advancement for humanity, cool. Wait why are we doing all this
foreboding for how evil zaShunina is? I guess he is going to heel turn.

Wait he's
behind human evolution and the universe? He's GOD?!?
Wait WAIT
he's an evil God too and wants to kill the main character for some reason and his created a clone of him too?!
WAIT HANG ON A SECOND
SHE'S A GODDESS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!??!?

jackiechanwat.jpg cannot be used enough, by the end I was laughing at how quickly that escalated by the time the credits roled. Actually a mash up of the Jackiechanwat and that escalated quickly images describes this episode perfectly.

Guess it makes sense now why
Tsukai was in the intro despite not having much of a major role in the series. I sort of wish now kawaii scientist ended up being the other anisotropic being instead though... Wait there's still time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom