• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LWA 23

I told you Chariot did nuthing wrong.

Heybot 01

Literally what.

Nozaki-kun 01

I watched this back in the day, one of my first seasonal watches IIRC but it's actually somewhat better than I remember maybe, due to me being more accustomed to various animeisms and having better grasp on quality of animation in TV anime. Chiyo's VA is putting in a delightful shift too.

I need another season of Nozaki. SeoWaka OTP

zulux21

Nozaki-kun 01

I watched this back in the day, one of my first seasonal watches IIRC but it's actually somewhat better than I remember maybe, due to me being more accustomed to various animeisms and having better grasp on quality of animation in TV anime. Chiyo's VA is putting in a delightful shift too.

nozaki is indeed best watched when you know more of the romance tropes.

I don't even know why I'm still watching this grimoire show. It's so fucking boring. Sometimes going full anime is for the better when the rest of your show is this boring. Have an akira monster appear. Or have a beach episode. Anything. Just make me care.

Usagi Drop

That was great. However, 1/10 because we didn't get to see Daikichi hook up with Kouki's mom. I'm not much of as shipper but c'mon, I needed it.

I rather liked how this show was neither too cynical, nor too optimistic. Being grounded made everything good or bad count and I was surprised how close to tears I was just because Rin got sick and Daikichi worried so much.

I was most impressed by the depiction of Haruko's situation with her estranged husband and in-laws. It was rather heartbreaking how she was sort of trapped in this unhappy place but, for the moment, unable to really break out of it with a great outcome, realistically.

I've heard about the appalling manga ending and kept my expectations in check since I question the quality of work someone who writes that sort of crap can deliver but alas, I was positively surprised. And since the adaption didn't go there I'll just consider Kaichi + Yukari as my headcanon.

Pokemon Sun/Moon 23

DCJEWS7VwAAzun_.jpg:large

Team Rocket reaction face game is next level

petran79

Banned
The show continues after this with the second series and there is also a movie covering an alternative perspective of the first series.

There are also 2 series in the 90s by Dezaki,13 episodes each. Not as good as the 70s one but worth watching. Released in France and Italy on DVD.
But anime story strays from the manga a lot,unlike Ashita no Joe.

The SNES game is closer to the manga story.

phaze

Nozaki-kun 02

- Sameface
- Doesn't plan his story.
- Shoujo
- Shoujo melodrama

Is it me or Nozaki is the very definition of hack mangaka ?

But the star of the episode is of course Seo who even manages to make Mikorin's introduction seem kinda forgettable in comparison.

Attack on Titan 36

All the hype is back! Too bad it all ends next week. Don't let it be another four year wait!

My Hero Academia 24

I want this show to keep going for a long time! This is my new action show and I love it!

Eromanga-Sensei 10

I am still one with the trash and the trash is with me.

Cornbread78

Usagi Drop
That was great. However, 1/10 because we didn't get to see Daikichi hook up with Kouki's mom. I'm not much of as shipper but c'mon, I needed it.

I've heard about the appalling manga ending and kept my expectations in check since I question the quality of work someone who writes that sort of crap can deliver but alas, I was positively surprised. And since the adaption didn't go there I'll just consider Kaichi + Yukari as my headcanon.

Well, you answered your first statement with your last, lol.

Yes, that should have been the ship, however, the mange decided to go all anime....

Sound! Euphonium ep 1-13

Such a nice and uplifting show that makes you care about all the characters and their relationships. Can't wait to see what happens in the next season!

Taruranto

Bahamut #10

So it's pretty much confirmed the virgin soul from the title refers either to Mugaro or Jeanne. (I'm leaning toward Mugaro)

Anyway, I thought Michel Michael impregnated Jeanne when he kissed her back in S1, but apparently she just got visited by his spirit randomly one day? Okey.

Also Sophie just randomly crashed near her house one day... sure. So Jeanne decided the best course of action is to run into town... crawling with soldiers.

Nozaki-kun 02

- Sameface
- Doesn't plan his story.
- Shoujo
- Shoujo melodrama

Is it me or Nozaki is the very definition of hack mangaka ?

But the star of the episode is of course Seo who even manages to make Mikorin's introduction seem kinda forgettable in comparison.

Whoever recommended me the manga a few pages back after having watched the anime, I must thank you. This might one of the most consistently funny series I've ever read. Man, I really want a season 2 of this.

JulianImp

Tsugumomo - #11
It's unlikely this show will ever come back for a second season, which is a shame since things were just starting to transition out of the "amasogi of the week" formula, and the smut is probably putting most people off anyway.

Alice & Zoroku - #10
Please give me my "Sana gets used to the outside world" episodes back... honestly, this evil witch arc feels dull, lifeless and awfully anticlimatic.

Eromanga - #10
Now this is pure genius: Devote not only one, but two episodes to fleshing out the romantic feelings other underage girls have for Masamune when we all know he and his little step-sister are totally into each other.

Spending 1/6 of a show's alloted episode slots to tease ships that are each built out of a single paper napkin is incredible, because it's basically wasting all that time... It's almost like the author's script-writing skills have devolved since OreImo, which at least had the MC actually care about a side character for a while before realizing he was just looking away from the fact that he was totally into his little sister.

Theonik

I know there's the second series, but Dezaki isn't director anymore so that's kind of a bummer. I definitely will be watching his movie version though.
Dezaki didn't direct the second series but directed the last series. Though the non-Dezaki shows are pretty good in their own right anyway.

Yowamushi Pedal Season 2

Kyoto Fushimi is probably my 2nd favorite team, and I dont understand some yowapeda fans hate of Midosuji, he's such a great guy, and also I like that he kept Nobu as captain and etc, I love Nobu so much, such a great Ace.

Hopefully Teshima didnt die.

Aki-at

Got our first glimpse of Godzilla for Polygon Picture's anime in the form of a poster.

Pretty heavily inspired by the Legendary design but retaining the traditional dorsal fins. Was hoping something closer to the Heisei design but whatever, I'm down for more Godzilla crushing man made structures and explosions.

Got our first glimpse of Godzilla for Polygon Picture's anime in the form of a poster.

Pretty heavily inspired by the Legendary design but retaining the traditional dorsal fins. Was hoping something closer to the Heisei design but whatever, I'm down for more Godzilla crushing man made structures and explosions.

That is a tad disappointing :/ wonder why they decided to go with that over something more classic.

Mario Xcom was the most interesting game revealed today.

It's fucking weird when a DBZ fighting game and XCOM MarioXRabbids are two of my three contenders (Wolfen was going to be great no matter what) for the game of the show with only Nintendo left to show off....Rabbids game is still affecting me. Everything about it from the leak should of given us a okay looking game at best yet I fucking adored what they showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom