• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

E3 sucks, we were just lucky the last couple of years.

I'm not too worried since I have about a year full of backlog with Nier, FFXIV, Horizon, Doom, Valkyria Chronicles, Withcher 3, Dragon Age;I and Persona 5 all sitting on the shelf looking at me. Plus Final Fantasy XII, Destiny 2 and Ni No Kuni 2 are coming the next couple months, then Red Dead Redemption 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Last of Us 2, so yeah, I'll get over it quickly.....

Aki-at

E3 is dead, all the great stuff will be at TGS, we'll have the new Yakuza, the new Atlus game, more Monster Hunter World, more Square Enix games that will be released in 20XX, it'll be great. Who needs E3 anymore? I bet Devil May Cry 5 will be there too!

You guys should have played Fata Morgana instead of watching the E3.

Funny thing I was thinking exactly the same thing.

zulux21

your all crazy.

the horizon dlc announcement was pure hype :/
and the undertale physical limited edition is pretty sexy.

anyways hopefully nintendo has some surprises tomorrow, I will get to find out after I get home from work.

lets see if they can convince me to get a switch this year instead of next fall like I currently plan lol.

Cornbread78

anyways hopefully nintendo has some surprises tomorrow, I will get to find out after I get home from work.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo shows honestly, as long as it's 1st party or Switch exclusive everyone will be on their knees ready to serve master/mistress Nintendo.

It won't be difficult to out "wow" Sony or MS this year. More anime needed for both...

Narag

Tiger Mask W 20

takuma & kevin wrestle for their very lives against a massive wrasslebot. a story that could only be properly balanced by naoto being nervous a girl

JCG

Well, that's interesting. I liked the TV series a fair amount and was always a little sad about the OVA ending with an unresolved cliffhanger.

I hope this new project will either finish the original story or, failing that, come up with their own unique interpretation of it.

Not sure about the character designs, at first sight, but I suppose they fit the times.

EDIT: Oh, apparently these are new characters after all. That's nice to know.

Narag

Well, that's interesting. I liked the TV series a fair amount and was always a little sad about the OVA ending with an unresolved cliffhanger.

I hope this new project will either finish the original story or, failing that, come up with their own unique interpretation of it.

Not sure about the character designs, at first sight, but I suppose they fit the times.

Apparently distant descendants or some such.

petran79

Banned

EDIT: Oh, apparently these are new characters after all. That's nice to know.

Seems to be based on these novels

The Irresponsible Kids

1. The Black Sun Belle (Ankoku Taiyou Komachi)
2. The Storm of "Why?" (Why? no Arashi)
3. Moete Kisara
4. Toki Saki Annainin
5. Ginga Yomeshu Monogatari

Branduil

GODZILLA DESIGN for the GODZILLA ANIME

Nlwny7c.jpg

Looks like Legendary Godzilla.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The hype surrounding the Dragon Ball Z game just confirms to me most of GAF is stuck in the 90s.

We need to drag people forcibly into the 21st century. Give us the modern anime game we truly deserve: Love Live Idolgeddon.

Cornbread78

.Hack//G.U. to be precise. And isn't it just a HD remaster* of the entire trilogy and not a full remake?
* with some additional changes

Yes, this. From the way it's described, they are merging the three games into one. Sounds like a remaster/remake hybrid..

Is it really comparable to sao premise, if so, sign me up if it comes to america.

Some people call .hack "SAO's daddy"

Here is a good post with a breakdown of the series:
Here's a timeline for the anime/games/novels/manga/etc., taken from reddit (there doesn't seem to be a translated version; it's also not the most recent one):

OCfz8Nq.png

I was and still am a big fan of the franchise. I read all the books, played the games (not the PSP one), and watched the shows (Quantum was ace). I also listened to the music for hours.

Can't wait to go back into The World.

I never got around to playing the PS2 games, so I'm excited to get a chance to play them on PS4.

kewlmyc

Why do people care about the DBZ game all of a sudden... don't they release one of those every year?

It's made by one if not the best fighting game developer out right now, in a art style that makes it look better than the anime, and is the first traditional fighter for DBZ on a console since the PS2/Wii era.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Sound! Euphonium S2 intro is really dull compared to the old one.
At this point it's probably just sensible to expect nothing from KyoAni openings. The only real standout from their modern stuff is Tamako Market's opening. Their stuff that runs formore than one season (K-on, Free, Chuu2, Euph) tends to get a second opening that is derivative of the first and sort of aimless. It winds up with a pretty consistent trajectory of average/acceptable to lousy and boring.

Thud

The hype surrounding the Dragon Ball Z game just confirms to me most of GAF is stuck in the 90s.

We need to drag people forcibly into the 21st century. Give us the modern anime game we truly deserve: Love Live Idolgeddon.

I just feel the game is wasted on caveman goku. Just give me Black.

Loona

Ease people into variety - Precure Tactics with every character, since apparently there are so many of those.

Everyone saying how disappointing this E3 has been I challenge you to go watch last gen conferences. It was usually a race who can make their conference suck a bit less (tons of talking, Kinect demoing etc). The new format alone (games, games and games) makes this Sony conference billion times better than their average conference from past 10 years.

Everyone saying how disappointing this E3 has been I challenge you to go watch last gen conferences. It was usually a race who can make their conference suck a bit less (tons of talking, Kinect demoing etc). The new format alone (games, games and games) makes this Sony conference billion times better than their average conference from past 10 years.

I miss the bar graphs and powerpoint slides, live discussion/jokes, and live demos. Problem with the format is, one cant remember most of the game names because it only comes up once the video ends and we move on, at least when people are talking you know a bit more than a teaser video showed.

Tonton

Yeah that was the best part of Sony's conference, I hope Nintendo can follow a similar format but even more condensed since they got Treehouse to show a deeper look into the games

Westlo

This DBZ fighting game is being developed by Arc System Works using Guilty Gear Xrd technology, so the visuals are very strong.

And it looks like a legit successor to a Marvel style as opposed to Infinite.....

I just feel the game is wasted on caveman goku. Just give me Black.

Please. 100% you'll be able to go Super Saiyan Rozay in this game.

The real thing to worry about is if best girl Caulifla will make it in, and also if we can dab with Toppo.

Line_HTX

E3 is dead, all the great stuff will be at TGS, we'll have the new Yakuza, the new Atlus game, more Monster Hunter World, more Square Enix games that will be released in 20XX, it'll be great. Who needs E3 anymore? I bet Devil May Cry 5 will be there too!

Yeah, E3 has become just there instead of wanting to see the real stuff. Nowadays, if people wanted to see the real stuff, it'll have to be both TGS and PSX now that PSX will be an annual thing.

Yes, this. From the way it's described, they are merging the three games into one. Sounds like a remaster/remake hybrid..

Some people call .hack "SAO's daddy"

Here is a good post with a breakdown of the series:

SAO calls .hack daddy in Yui's voice, hmm...

blurr

Attack on Titan 26-36

The last three episodes were a pretty great reminder of what made the first season so appealing for me. Still, it's been years since I last watched it and my taste has changed over the course, I can't say I was as engrossed as I was when I watched the first season sans the most recent episode. Probably because they touched more on how some characters relate to their duty which often

This season had a noticeably tighter but story-wise little had my interest beyond Sasha's story. I liked the themes to her backstory, how she was weighing traditionalist values and survival, understanding that they are part of a larger world.

There were some hefty revelations that probably would've had me baffled in season 1, not really taken aback this time and that's partly because of how little I remember about
Reiner and his friend
. There's a larger volume of hazy details that only bring up more questions. I'm not sure I sit well with that, it's not that I'm disappointed they aren't revealed, it just seems like something that isn't worth that secrecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom