• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Devil all the way through, Light Novels is kinda where it lost me. I read them to review and while generally enjoyable, kinda paled in comparison to the show, and the anime adds a lot of extra content in the back half of its season. Wife also started Vol. 3 and is finding it really boring/stupid compared to the anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is this an opinion you gained from watching the series or from reading convo's Twitter? Just checking.

Either way it's accurate. The series is at it's best when it was over the top with the devils adjusting to living in this world. When things settle about halfway through it becomes pedestrian.

duckroll

Either way it's accurate. The series is at it's best when it was over the top with the devils adjusting to living in this world. When things settle about halfway through it becomes pedestrian.

Dude, I don't care about the show, I'm just meeting my daily bully quota.

Cornbread78

Fantastic Children ep.8
Zd0LONx.jpg
At least this confirms that they are definitely looking for Helga and she is immediately connected to the
white haired kids that keep dying and reincarnating time and time again
Flooow!!!! Poor guy... well, poor Flow as well. Looking forward to finding out how their world works.

You know, there WAS a time when I felt a bit guilty of stuff like this. Years ago I riffed and raffed on a show and chose not to watch another by reading opinions on here and Twitter, just like I do today.

I decided that it was only fair that I give those shows a chance back then to form my own opinion.

Those shows were Gundam 00 and Sword Art Online.

My experiences were those (at least the second season and movie of the former, anyway), were far less than pleasant. I didn't feel accomplished. I was warned on what I was getting myself into. And yet I went on and made myself needlessly suffer!

SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LISTEN TO OPINIONS ON TWITTER. YOU WATCH GUNDAM 00 AND SWORD ART ONLINE.

Andrew J.

Maidragon 13 END

An excellent show all around, with a well-balanced mixture of action, drama, comedy, fluff, and fanservice.

Sakura Quest 01

Are dirt-poor moe girls going to be a thing with PA Works from now on?

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and magic to actually be real or something, lol.

I feel like more people used to post in the seasonal anime threads.

But then some people learned some of us aren't joke accounts, but actual living people, and that drove them away.

Cornbread78

Armed Girl's Machiavellism ep.1
I have no idea why I just watched this because the synopsis is utterly generic and stupid, but I actually had fun with this intro episode. The MC is way OP and the female leads are going to get annoying, but this episode made me laugh more than Sakura did, so that's something..

I have no idea how I'm gonna balance anime and Persona 5 atm. Gonna try my best to keep up with the season, but my time is so limited that if I do one thing, it'll most likely mean I won't do the other. Once school is back, I guess I'll have a little bit more time (hopefully?)

Maid Dragon - 13

That uh... kinda came out of nowhere?

Syrinx

Archer: Dreamland 1

I actually didn't know this was a continuation of the previous series and was wondering why they were ending the previous season on such a cliffhanger then just going with a noir version. But I probably should have figured that out for myself anyway but I'm dumb.

duckroll

Whatever anime you will try to watch this season - Episode 1

Damn should have just put another 20 mins into Persona 5 instead.

I find it funny how my stopping points for the day in Persona 5 are when I stop the anime and reach the dungeons.

Apparently I should just play visual novels, that's what I love of Persona lol

Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen (Trust & Betrayal)
The dark and somber tone really fit here considering it's finally fleshing out Kenshin's days as the Battousai. Normally I'm not a fan of love stories where the two characters get emotionally attached to one another so quickly, but given the circumstances here, I think it made since while they grew so close so fast. Ending was of course a downer, but I think this was a really well made OVA series.

Rurouni Kenshin Seisou-hen (Reflection)
This on the other hand was fucking terrible. The somber tone of Trust & Betrayal made sense, since it was taking place before Kenshin had his heel-realization. Here though? The melodrama went into overdrive, stripping away all the charm fun from their dynamics. Like, I know the original series and manga also had it's somber moments but I also remember the series being about Kenshin learning to forgive himself and finding a new place for himself. But naw, this OVA is like "Fuck that nosie
let's have Kenshin be an absentee father and his son hate him, and have him and Karou die of disease.
That's true art!"

zulux21

I find it funny how my stopping points for the day in Persona 5 are when I stop the anime and reach the dungeons.

Apparently I should just play visual novels, that's what I love of Persona lol

perhaps.
though for me it was persona 3 syndrome where the dungeons were by far the most repetitive thing in the game and thus I didn't have a ton of motivation to do them (it's why I have never played through the FES part)

it took a while in persona 4 for my brain to accept that the dungeons wouldn't just be color swaps :p

Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen (Trust & Betrayal)
The dark and somber tone really fit here considering it's finally fleshing out Kenshin's days as the Battousai. Normally I'm not a fan of love stories where the two characters get emotionally attached to one another so quickly, but given the circumstances here, I think it made since while they grew so close so fast. Ending was of course a downer, but I think this was a really well made OVA series.

Rurouni Kenshin Seisou-hen (Reflection)
This on the other hand was fucking terrible. The somber tone of Trust & Betrayal made sense, since it was taking place before Kenshin had his heel-realization. Here though? The melodrama went into overdrive, stripping away all the charm fun from their dynamics. Like, I know the original series and manga also had it's somber moments but I also remember the series being about Kenshin learning to forgive himself and finding a new place for himself. But naw, this OVA is like "Fuck that nosie
let's have Kenshin be an absentee father and his son hate him, and have him and Karou die of disease.
That's true art!"

it sure would be nice if they eventually fully adapted the second half of the kenshin manga.

Chindogg

For the record, here's how the thread was three years ago, when I was debating on starting Gundam 00, and was a curious little flower.

Ah...those were the days.

Oh, and just a bonus, here's my early days with SAO with people awaiting my mental breakdown.

Ah...what a foolishly foolish fool I was back then.

Oh, that mental breakdown happened by the way.

Reading your old posts and considering I recently did the same thing and had the exact same reactions.

Just had to chuckle there knowing I wasn't alone.

TUSR

Banned
o3Dts1y.png

All Simulcast times are listed as UTC+00:00

Monday
16:30 The Laughing Salesman
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Starmyu Season 2
17B2PFm.png

20:00 Frame Arms Girl
vLIADRB.png

Grimoire of Zero
YD9xF6N.png

Tuesday
13:55 THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS Theater (TV)
17B2PFm.png

13:55 THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS Theater (WEB)
17B2PFm.png

14:30 Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor
17B2PFm.png

19:35 The Royal Tutor
17B2PFm.png

Anonymous Noise
YD9xF6N.png

Wednesday
09:25 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Sakura Quest
17B2PFm.png
cE2spqV.png

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend Flat
YD9xF6N.png

Sagrada Reset
YD9xF6N.png

Armed Girl's Machiavellism
YD9xF6N.png

Thursday
15:00 KADO: The Right Answer
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Tsuki ga Kirei
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Love Tyrant
17B2PFm.png

Friday
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side
YD9xF6N.png

Kabukibu!
YD9xF6N.png

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
YD9xF6N.png

Re:CREATORS
YD9xF6N.png

Saturday
00:30 Future Card Buddyfight X
17B2PFm.png

01:00 BONO BONO 2nd Season
17B2PFm.png

10:30 My Hero Academia 2
17B2PFm.png
cE2spqV.png

11:15 Monster Strike the Anime 2nd Season
17B2PFm.png

12:00 Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season
vLIADRB.png

12:30 GRANBLUE FANTASY: The Animation
17B2PFm.png
YD9xF6N.png

13:30 The Silver Guardian
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Attack on Titan Season 2
17B2PFm.png
cE2spqV.png

18:00 Eromanga-sensei
17B2PFm.png
YD9xF6N.png

Atom: The Beginning
YD9xF6N.png

Sunday
04:30 Folktales from Japan Season 2
17B2PFm.png

12:00 World Fool News Part II
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Alice & Zoroku
17B2PFm.png

21:05 The World Yamizukan
17B2PFm.png

17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
YD9xF6N.png
- Anime Strike
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix

Anime Strike has some shows.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 50

It's still hard getting used to Yume, Ako, and Mahiru now being top dogs of the school. They've got a very difficult year ahead of them to live up to their successors. But seeing them in uniform, I think they'll manage. Yuzu must feel good crowning herself. Yozora knows how to pass the torch in style. Mildly disappointing that M4 isn't changing. Of course Laura is going to be an admin. Ironically we have no idea who the new Theater and Beauty admins are while Dance has Haruka locked down. With that ending stunt, maybe there is hope for Yume, Ako, and Mahiru can handle all the organization and procedural stuff they have to do. Thus ends Stars season 1.

It's been a long and very eventful year. Some good things. Lots less good. Aikatsu was always a constant source of smiles and joys, and the finale was no different. With lots of lovable idols and pretty dances, Stars has proven itself to be a very worthy follow up to the original series. Ichigo, Aoi, and Ran haven't been replaced, rather they have new idols to join them in the Aikatsu pantheon. I've got some complaints like the drama being heavy handed at times and S4 having few interesting interactions between themselves, but those are minor quibbles compared to how good everything else was. Great season as always, and I'm looking forward to jumping right into season 2. I hope we get plenty of Yume and the others being at the top. Would provide an interesting perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom