• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 2:

I forget if that certain aspect of the walls was actually answered at this point in the manga. At any rate, the main focus is surprisingly Sasha and it turns out there is a true hero hiding behind that internet meme though do not get between her and food. Also some other members from the C-List brigade get actual screen time as well, though not going so well for Connie.

Attack on Titan 27

Himhfmu.jpg
4oA2j3v.jpg
gSVcWWW.jpg

Oh no I'm enjoying this quite a lot

Clov

Nope. Instead we had painful ads for the next CGI kids movies.

My showing had an ad for some children's sci-fi film, a bunch of theater productions that get livestreamed to the cinema, and several 3D art experiences. Not as in art film, but as in touring art galleries.

jett

D-Member
Attack on Titan is super good looking. I don't get some people complaining about the animation this season.

I'm also watching My Hero Academia which looks super cheap in comparison (and moves slow as molasses).

And then there's Berserk. Wish it would be blighted from existence.

My showing had an ad for some children's sci-fi film, a bunch of theater productions that get livestreamed to the cinema, and several 3D art experiences. Not as in art film, but as in touring art galleries.

We had Captain Underpants and Emoji the movie. Ugh, someone hold me.

KraytarJ

My showing had an ad for a Nurburgring documentary and a bunch of art things, there were so many of them that I completely lost what they were even for by the end.

NANBAKA Episode 25 – Sarabaka [END]

Season 3 WHEN?! Why we end the anime right there?!

I need more Samon too who is finally free and back in the plot. Feels like he would get big payoff end of this arc I hope.
tumblr_onnn1qdPek1ujqso1o1_540.jpg

Attack on Titan is super good looking. I don't get some people complaining about the animation this season.

I'm also watching My Hero Academia which looks super cheap in comparison (and moves slow as molasses).

And then there's Berserk. Wish it would be blighted from existence.
You got to tell me what looks cheap about MHA.

jett

D-Member

In comparison to AoT. Everything just looks flatter and lacking in detail, especially the scenery. And in the last episode there was barely any animation worth anything until the last five minutes.

I know you're a fan and all, but it's kind of a generic-looking show.

It definitely looks better except for the awful horse CGI shots, which are a downgrade at least when compared to the BD version from season 1 and I don't think it looked as bad when airing either.

Deadly

Eromanga-sensei 1
What a bitchy little sister. Although she's right about the family thing. Is the incident just that their mom died? Seems the dad passed away too.

I would have liked to see more of that too, since I'm always a sucker for that kind of thing, but there were still quite a few good moments. The moment where Mitsuha in Taki's body is running down the list of first-person pronouns to figure out which one he uses was hilarious.

That gag had me cracking up and is why I'm happy I did end up seeing it in Japanese. A joke like that would've been lost in translation.

I hope all of you "Your Name" watchers had to suffer through Mahouka and SAO ads first.

Nope. AMC here in Tallahassee instead played trailers for damn near every animated movie coming out within the next half a year.

MHA ep 2 went to fast, just as it was getting even better near the end. Can't wait for the next episode.
AoT was decent, still love that spoilery ED theme.

In comparison to AoT. Everything just looks flatter and lacking in detail, especially the scenery. And in the last episode there was barely any animation worth anything until the last five minutes.

I don't know...Both are great looking show with each their specific art style. AoT goes for a more grimmier look with detailed environment. MHA goes for a more colourful style with lots and lots of detail on it's characters. Both from how expressive they are and how much movement they have.

None of the two look cheap at all.

Have you seen episode 2 yet? cause man if MHA is cheap looking I wanna know what's not.

Also man calling all the class interaction cheap looking...I can't.

convo

Hero Academia has got to fill the shonen jump shoes for anime even if there is more naruto coming. A lot of characters to introduce and characterize but having a glimpse of what's to come with Todoroki gets me excited.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Eromanga-sensei Episode 1:

Well, at least it is a cut above some of the other Light Novel material airing this season; looking at you Clockwork Planet. That being said, the MC needs more doors slammed in his face given that at the end of the day he is still one of those nice guy creepers. Also not helping that this is coming out Post-Girlish Number. Also, Also, can ASCII go back to making really nice video game controllers?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't know...Both are great looking show with each their specific art style. AoT goes for a more grimmier look with detailed environment. MHA goes for a more colourful style with lots and lots of detail on it's characters. Both from how expressive they are and how much movement they have.

None of the two look cheap at all.

Have you seen episode 2 yet? cause man if MHA is cheap looking I wanna know what's not.

Also man calling all the class interaction cheap looking...I can't.

MHA still looks fairly medicore given what BONES is capable of but perhaps that is the limits of Shonen Jump more then anything else. That being said, yea, if people want to see what mediocrity actually looks like, plenty of shitty light novel series to go around this season.

I don't think My Hero Academia is in reality a cheap show, but its background art, color design, and composite are rather bland which does detract from its overall look.

/XX/

In comparison to AoT. Everything just looks flatter and lacking in detail, especially the scenery.
Don't forget their secret "make-up animation" technique, as seen on Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress before:

Kabaneri's ‘Make-Up Animation' – Washi's Blog
https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/kabaneris-make-up-animation/

Now, I wonder if they'll have time to 'beautify' those close-up cuts several episodes into the season! :p

JulianImp

Oh hey, the old Berserk anime's actually good, much unlike the shitty CG-fest that I watched a single episode of last year! Only watched two episodes so far, but I guess I might as well add it to my watchlist instead of some mediocre seasonal show.

phaze

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul 01

Really good.

MHA S2 02

Really serviceable.

Attack on Titan 27

Really trite and zzzzzzz.

<back to K-On>

Oh hey, the old Berserk anime's actually good, much unlike the shitty CG-fest that I watched a single episode of last year! Only watched two episodes so far, but I guess I might as well add it to my watchlist instead of some mediocre seasonal show.

Indeed. I have qualms with the material, but the 1997 anime is perhaps about the best adaptation of it that could be made.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 109 – Accel Synchro! Arise! Shooting Star Dragon!

Okay Shooting Star Dragon is no Stardust Dragon (best) but it is just as good. The moment when the vocal song played as he went through his clear mind accel synchro, I got excited. Then when Shooting Star Dragon parted the dark thunderous clouds...I hope its played again next episode. This duel has been amazing.

I'm trying to get the full Tiger Mask family tree figured out but its become some real wrestling nonsense. Like how there are a dozen Undertakers, but a lot of them are the same person. You have -

The Original Tiger Mask
The Original Tiger the Great
Big Tiger
Black Tiger
The old King Tiger
Tiger Mask II
Tiger the Great the 2nd?
Tiger Mask from Tiger Mask W
Tiger the Dark
Tiger the Great and Tiger the Great the Third, who are the same person. He's also Yellow Devil, but not the old Yellow Devil.
Spring Tiger
New King Tiger??????

help...

Indeed. I have qualms with the material, but the 1997 anime is perhaps about the best adaptation of it that could be made.

I prefer it even over the manga as it culls some superfluous fights. While there are some changes to it that wouldn't fit with the stuff that comes after the eclipse that doesn't really matter when I consider it an adaptation of Berserk up to that event.

The new Berserk series in some ways reminds me of the previous 1997 series, but without any of the strengths of that adaptation.

It just carried over the problems.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 2 – Go With the Flow: Part 2
C86xgJlXcAEwfDR.jpg:small

If we can keep feeling the flow ZEXAL will easily be one of the best animated YGOs. The final move is one of the best surprising combos to come out of it so far.

RIP Shark. Though I would have wished we used dragons this time instead of whatever Utopia is supposed to be.

Taruranto

Kabukibu #1

Looks boring and it was also boring.

Bahamut S2 #1

I remember sorta liking the first season's first part, the core cast was solid, but the villains were kinda bad and the story kinda ended up being whatever.

Still, this episode was decent enough I suppose. Good energy and fun action. I'm still not sold on the new main character, but I suppose I don't dislike her so far.

Was the king a character in S1? I don't remember.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt - This is like the perfect companion series to watch to go along with War in the Pocket. Of all the UC series, this was actually the first one to actually get me to root for the Zeon soldiers because Io was a giant bag of dicks.

Re:Creators - So rather than a "Trapped in a MMO/Fantasy World" we're getting the reverse here where the Light Novel characters come to life. The MC was dull, but I think i will be sticking around for a few more episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom