• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for some quick hits:

Hinako Note 01

Ahh now this the the kind of cute girls doing cute things show that was missing last season.

Sagrada Reset 01

C82gZISXsAEjs4S.jpg

I've seen her in other cute girls doing cute things shows, except she had much smaller tits in those shows...
MC seem like a bit of an ass about this powers stuff and his justice thing.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul 01

Nina is adorable and Kaiser is still an ass.

Seikaisuru Kado 01-02

The story and characters have me interested so far, CG usage is odd but I have a high tolerance for this sorta thing so it doesn't bother me.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine 01

I'm normally not a watcher of cute boys anime, but this one has got my attention for some strange reason. Tsundere prince kept me quite amused.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SOMEDAY SHINKAI SHOULD REMASTER VOICES OF A DISTANT STAR WITH AN ACTUAL BUDGET BECAUSE THAT'S STILL HIS TIGHTEST STORY.

MODERN TECHNOLOGY INTERFERES WITH THE STORIES HE WANTS TO TELL BUT HE'S TOO MODERNMINDED TO SET HIS STORIES IN A MORE PRIMITIVE SOCIETY.

As film: Your Name > Hoshi no Koe > 5cm > the rest > lets go on a journey to learn what it means to say goodbye

Personally: 5cm > Hoshi > Your Name > Garden > the rest > honestly what was he thinking with that movie Jesus Christ

Boy, people are angry they're not bringing Brock/Misty back for the next Pokemon movie.

They should watch the excellence that is Sun and Moon and calm down.

Anime was saved then?

You can't save something that's dead, but you can bring it home to try and breath life into it...

...but I've already said too much.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Time for some quick hits:

Hinako Note 01

Ahh now this the the kind of cute girls doing cute things show that was missing last season.

i was waiting for impressions of this, if it's just a cute girls doing cute things show that's exactly what i was looking for. I'll check this out.

cuilan

So, it appears that Twin Angel Break is the best anime of the season thus far. I'm not actually watching it though, and probably never will.

Haly

By the way did anyone notice that Shinkai totally ripped off Summer Wars and TokiKake? Right down to the Sadamoto-esque designs?

ROFLMAO HOSODA

I'm pretty sure Shinkai drained his life force.

Quasar

i was waiting for impressions of this, if it's just a cute girls doing cute things show that's exactly what i was looking for. I'll check this out.

It is. It might be too much if that for me given I bailed on 'is the order a rabbit'. This looks to be a all girls theatre club anime. Shy country girl comes to city wanting to join threatre club and get out of her shell. Of course club is no longer running so she is encouraged to start said group herself.

Quasar

SOMEDAY SHINKAI SHOULD REMASTER VOICES OF A DISTANT STAR WITH AN ACTUAL BUDGET BECAUSE THAT'S STILL HIS TIGHTEST STORY.

MODERN TECHNOLOGY INTERFERES WITH THE STORIES HE WANTS TO TELL BUT HE'S TOO MODERNMINDED TO SET HIS STORIES IN A MORE PRIMITIVE SOCIETY.

As film: Your Name > Hoshi no Koe > 5cm > the rest > lets go on a journey to learn what it means to say goodbye

Personally: 5cm > Hoshi > Your Name > Garden > the rest > honestly what was he thinking with that movie Jesus Christ

I still think Garden is my favourite.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone know how long Your Name will be in theaters? Some friends want to see it in about 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how long of a run it is going to have, but a more limited release.

Haly

Yeah he's going to ditch the furries and go full talking animal like The Lion King.

200px-Nala_the_LOOK600.jpg

petran79

Banned
Air Bound was a very good kids Japanese CGI movie and I hope we get more of these from Japan. Potential is so high.

It was funny seeing it in English with the characters behaving like Japanese. One could also see the Japanese lip movement of the characters.

By the way did anyone notice that Shinkai totally ripped off Summer Wars and TokiKake? Right down to the Sadamoto-esque designs?

The designs definitely aren't Sadamoto like. The designs are actually by Masayoshi Tanaka (Ano Hana, Waiting in the Summer, Anthem of the Heart), and they look very similar to his other work, albeit also shaped by the presence of Masashi Ando.

Hamst3r

I went to the theater and watched Your Name and it seems I still haven't caught Shinkai-fever. I thought it was good, but I dunno. I don't know what it is about his work, but I just don't find any of it very engaging. They feel like teasers for more interesting movies. *shrug* Eh.

It was certainly better than The Dark Myth though, which I watched yesterday. Yeesh.

Theonik

I honestly do dislike unnecessary images quite a lot because images automatically draw your attention. So if they have no relevance and might even be ugly in addition then they inevitably make for a more obnoxious reading experience of threads.

Gifs are even harder to ignore when motion inherently draws just the more attention. So when people like to spam irrelevant, quickly looping, badly compressed tumblr gifs... I wouldn't mind assassinating their wifus. Just saying.
Oh please. Makoto Kikuchi would kick your ass. What an edgelord.

Cute little video promoting the most recent crowdfunding campaign to finance dormitories for animators new to the Japanese industry:

新人アニメーター寮プロジェクト2017 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNvrdm8ZUpA

I hope that for every new stage NPO Animator Supporters & Jun Sugawara keep using crowdfunding platforms more visible to the overseas contributors too, like Indiegogo was used before. It was a little part overall but everyone, everywhere it is enjoyed their work should have the opportunity to help! :)
Cute!

MHA Episode 15 - Welp, my suspicions have been confirmed, Bones is going to pad the shit out of this arc. It's not a bad episode, but people hoping that Bones was going to Speed through the tournament will be disappointed.

MHA episode 15

The pace improved from almost completely stagnant to glacial.

Still I would watch almost any show for a scene done by Nakamura.

CHAOS;CHILD Episode 11 – Takuru Miyashiro

Mind swords are still the worst part of this. It has some compelling moments in it but anything that revolves around the father is kind of dumb and difficult to believe. I liked the alternate reality going on when he was dead, and the committee already had a replacement in place. It could have been a intriguing timeline to follow.

Pooya

re:creators 1

So they are making 22 episodes of THIS? I mean, if it's all dumb action I don't mind, we can forget about the story being any good though...

KraytarJ

Hinako Note 1
CGDCT except all the characters are uninteresting and lame.

Twin Angels Break 1
Debilitatingly boring.

Man this season sucks.

So upon looking at screencaps of the first episode of Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul, I feel it is important to make a statement.

Men cannot love dragon. Men and dragon cannot coexist. Visionaries from old and modern history have told us this.

At no point should it ever be acceptable to make love to a dragon.

Haly

So upon looking at screencaps of the first episode of Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul, I feel it is important to make a statement.

Men cannot love dragon. Men and dragon cannot coexist. Visionaries from old and modern history have told us this.

4x2ak7p.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

At no point should it ever be acceptable to make love to a dragon.
Will fuck a dragon in the name of equality. Don't even have to be in human form.

Persona 5

Fuck me, this way too good and i couldn't stop thinking about it.

John Blade

Urgh...just finish watching Madlax and I need some time to recover from this show. I don't know if I should post a detail impression of the show but I will say supernatural elements isn't my cup of tea and watching this show proof this even more. Also, this anime went over-the-top in the action scenes which is ridiculous I have to say and get worst as you get closer to the ending of the show. Also, I hate Margaret period. You can blame it to the character development or lack of it and how she isn't the smartest bunch in the show. In a way, I wonder why she is in the show as they isn't much thing happen to her and they is no connection between her with the audience when you watch the show. In the way, all of the other characters in the show have better character development to the point you, have some connection between them. It kinda suck as you found out they is a connection between her and Madlax but with so little development, you don't care too much about it when it reach that point of the story.

Urgh...I think going into detail impression of this show might be a good way to get it off my chest but as of now, I have two anime I have right now in my backlogged which need to get though as I put them on hold for a while (Golgo 13 & Godnannar) and want to get those done before the end of this month before I have to go somewhere.

Your Name was pretty good, I must say. The two conceits of mind-swapping hijinx and disaster-aversion may step on each other's toes, but it mostly meshes, managing to present the trademark themes of separation in an ultimately feel-good manner.

BUT, due to my inexperience the only Shinkai I can compare it to is Child Who Chase Lost Voices, sooo... no great competition.

I saw it subtitled (and without particularly annoying ads), the pronoun joke got a lot of laughs, so I'm glad I saw it preserved. Though I'm curious if the english dub used the Justice League method of having each actor record their "mind's" lines, and have the opposite actor imitate that reading for the "body".

Haly

Your Name was pretty good, I must say. The two conceits of mind-swapping hijinx and disaster-aversion may step on each other's toes, but it mostly meshes, managing to present the trademark themes of separation in an ultimately feel-good manner.

BUT, due to my inexperience the only Shinkai I can compare it to is Child Who Chase Lost Voices, sooo... no great competition.

Watch 5cm/s and Voices of a Distant Star.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I saw it subtitled (and without particularly annoying ads), the pronoun joke got a lot of laughs, so I'm glad I saw it preserved. Though I'm curious if the english dub used the Justice League method of having each actor record their "mind's" lines, and have the opposite actor imitate that reading for the "body".

Other than the one Haly mentioned, also watch She and her cat: everything flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom