• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Strike kill off Crunchyroll in a single season? Because I'm seeing all this anime that's not on Crunchy and the only thing worth watching on Crunchy is Uchouten.

No, this season is just weak. CR still has MHA, Attack on Titan and Boruto so I doubt many people even give a shit.

CR has MHA, Attack on Titan, and several other small shows I am watching this season. Besides background stuff happening at CR, they're fine this season.

I just wish Funimation's Roku app wasn't so buggy.

With all their license acquisitions over the years though they have a surprising big pool of anime to stream.
I have been watching MHA on their ps4 app so far and I told myself I would switch to pc if it ever even buffered once, but to my great surprise my experience as been amazing so far. Funimation has been good. I love what their doing with their simuldub. Really looking forward to the next batch of dubs coming soon.

I have been watching MHA on their ps4 app so far and I told myself I would switch to pc if it ever even buffered once, but to my great surprise my experience as been amazing so far. Funimation has been good. I love what their doing with their simuldub. Really looking forward to the next batch of dubs coming soon.

That's good to hear. I'll have to try out that on console if I ever buy one.

zulux21

I just wish Funimation's Roku app wasn't so buggy.

With all their license acquisitions over the years though they have a surprising big pool of anime to stream.

it's still better than the ps3 app that constantly buffers.

but it is really weird that the roku app just craps out the video from time to time... seems to be something in the encoding of the video as it happens at the same spot on most videos.

that being said it seems far less common in new series than older ones.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 8 – The Sparrow: Part 2
C9K29khWAAABw9n.jpg:small

Awesome duel, Nelson as the Sparrow was great and Yuuma and Astral finally worked together.

I love feeling the flow.

The mom and nelson stuff was touching.

Quasar

No, this season is just weak.

Just like every other season apparently.

Even with a ton of shit I don't care for (AoT, MHA, et al) I'm still finding lots to watch. Admittedly its mostly all sequels....but then thats par for the course these days. All sequels or based on things I already read.

Jarmel

Banned
Well something interesting about the SukaSuka adaptation is that the original LN author is apparently doing the scripts and script composition for the anime as well.

A season is just weaker when you have less things you like playing. This season is great so far imo. Now if amazon would help it would be even better.

Quasar

Sometimes things are just weaker. Like I can already say 2017 for games is stronger then 2014 or 2016 was. Like I seriously doubt I'm going to retroactively last year of anime or this year of games is weak.

For me with games its tough as I've been in a gaming umm funk for years. Only thing thats really brought me back has been the return of CRPGs via kickstarter and VR. And the latter is more promise than actuality as yet.

Quasar

Fall looks pretty bad actually.

Summer certainly looks sparse if anichart is any guide.

More *monogatari is its saving grace. And New Game. And so again its just sequels to things.

What is next seasons Noitamina show? I can at least rely on that for the most part.

Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul Episode 1

Good. They got rid of those stupid ass chapped lips on the characters.

Awesome first episode. Hopefully it meets the heights of the 1st season. At 24 episodes I am hyped for this.

Jarmel

Banned
With stuff like Infini-T Force, Children of the Whales, and Pop Team Epic, in addition to sequels with potential, I can't agree there.

Infini-T Force? Isn't that by the Psycho-Pass 2 director?

I feel this Fall is probably the weakest in years (2014?) but not all of the shows have been announced yet so maybe there's a few heavy hitters left.

Heavy Metal L-Gaim Episode 47 Boys Boys

Indeed every time Amu tried to speak they would just tell her to be quiet, I couldnt. Anyway the climax confrontation between Gablae and Daba Myroad was really worthwhile. I enjoyed the conversation and the actual progress that Daba could understand Gablae intentions and motivations however, with the battle raging on they couldnt do more. I hope there is one more confrontation before the final episodes. Need it. I kind of feel bad for Gablae because of the situation he is in, working with the liars around him :(

Infini-T Force? Isn't that by the Psycho-Pass 2 director?

It is directed by Kiyotaka Suzuki, the Tatsunoko guy who was series director on Psychopass 2 underneath Shiotani and also served as assistant director on Ryo-chimo's Yozakura Quartet and Gatchaman Crowds Insight. Though it's being animated by Digital Frontier, which is the main reason I'm interested in it since I admire that studio's technical command of CG animation.

This season is pretty meh, and even I am usually super positive lol. Next couple seasons don't look any better atm, but it's way too early to assess anything fully.

duckroll

It is directed by Kiyotaka Suzuki, the Tatsunoko guy who was series director on Psychopass 2 underneath Shiotani and also served as assistant director on Ryo-chimo's Yozakura Quartet and Gatchaman Crowds Insight. Though it's being animated by Digital Frontier, which is the main reason I'm interested in it since I admire that studio's technical command of CG animation.

Isn't the chief director the live action guy who helped create Psycho-Pass too?

duckroll

Come on guys try ID-0, it's like miles better than new Mass Effect.

But is it better than:
- Zelda BotW
- Persona 5
- The Witness
- FFXIV Heavensward
- Bayoentta
- East of West
- The Get Down Part 2
- Better Call Saul Season 3

Because those are the things standing between me and watching more anime right now.

Jarmel

Banned
Isn't the chief director the live action guy who helped create Psycho-Pass too?

Motohiro? Isn't he just working on Atom and then doing the FLCL 2 stuff?

I'm also not sure how involved Shiotani actually was in the second season considering he would have been busy largely with the movie at IG.

Cornbread78

Can't wait for another season with everyone drooling over the egg-headed bald super-hero bored with life because he's too strong. Wow, AOTY; it's amazing, hype! Can't wait!

BEYBLADE BURST Episode 24 Full Strength, for Real!
C9LI4duWAAAsuvH.jpg:small

Valt v Honcho was the best of this episode, the full powered rush with the awakened Valtyrek combined with the marvelous lightning effects made it one of the most impressive burst finishes ever. Second match made me feel like Burst Finish is an unfair way to win, battles can be over in mere seconds because of it...Imagine training for weeks only to lose in mere seconds...
poor Hoji

But is it better than:
- Zelda BotW
- Persona 5
- The Witness
- FFXIV Heavensward
- Bayoentta
- East of West
- The Get Down Part 2
- Better Call Saul Season 3

Because those are the things standing between me and watching more anime right now.

What...what is with this immaculate taste? I...I have to shield my eyes. It's blinding!

SukaSuka Ep 1

The kids are too cute and also how am i supposed to pronounce any of these names? Looks like there is gonna be a lot of feels coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom