• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakura Quest - 02

Didn't expect this to be just that blatantly of a 'cute girls doing cute things' show. Outside of that the episode had little to offer and I frankly already lost my interest.

Wood Man

What's the one (or two) anime this season that have the most bat shit insane idea for a show? I'm taking about something so absurd it'll make people do a spit take.

Build Fighters 13
C9_PVs_Lw_Xs_AAN5_Iv.jpg
C9_PVkgw_Xk_AEH0_Nx.jpg

C9_PUCILXs_AAVGW5.jpg
C9_PUXSOXk_AEfe56.jpg

This is a silly good time.

Funimation announced the rest of their simuldub line-up and I'm kind of disappointed :/

They have(other then MHA and AoT)

Sakura Quest
Clockwork Planet
Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
Alice & Zoroku
The Silver Guardian

I guess the bigger news here is that the simuldub of AoT s2 will be up on their site 10:00 pm ET on April 23rd. Since it was airing on Toonami I was scared it was going to go the 6 weeks route.

It's rare, but it looks like I'll be watching only 1 dub on FUNimation this season.

Wood Man

Armed Girl's Machiavellism- pretty stupid premise, but entertaining

Actually, I liked the synopsis to this. Just reading it made me laugh. Like Prison School with firearms.

RE Creators is certainty out there, but maybe too deep. I'm looking for shallow, fan service drivel. But the more absurd the better.

Ascheroth

Actually, I liked the synopsis to this. Just reading it made me laugh. Like Prison School with firearms.

RE Creators is certainty out there, but maybe too deep. I'm looking for shallow, fan service drivel. But the more absurd the better.
Don't worry, Re:Creators isn't deep. But very entertaining.

Funimation announced the rest of their simuldub line-up and I'm kind of disappointed :/

Sakura Quest
Clockwork Planet
Alice & Zoroku
The Silver Guardian

I guess the bigger news here is that the simuldub of AoT s2 will be up on their site 10:00 pm ET on April 23rd. Since it was airing on Toonami I was scared it was going to go the 6 weeks route.

It's rare, but it looks like I'll be watching only 1 dub on FUNimation this season.

I'm not too surprised, this season kind of had slim pickings. I feel like Amazon scooped up the more "interesting" series that could have been dubbed in Re:Creators and Rage of Bahamut. The other "big" release in Boruto was already guaranteed to go to Viz Media.

kewlmyc

Sakura Quest
Clockwork Planet
Alice & Zoroku
The Silver Guardian

What else where your expecting that would leave you disappointed?

Moaradin

I'm not too surprised, this season kind of had slim pickings. I feel like Amazon scooped up the more "interesting" series that could have been dubbed in Re:Creators and Rage of Bahamut. The other "big" release in Boruto was already guaranteed to go to Viz Media.

Amazon getting Rage of Bahamut bums me out. Funimation dubbed the first season and I was hoping we'd get a simuldub for this one. Hopefully they can still get the home video rights.

What else where your expecting that would leave you disappointed?

I had a few shows I would've hoped for them to pick-up and simuldub and they picked none of them.

Tsugumomo
Tsukigakirei
Love Tyrant
Royal Tutor
KADO

And VIZ better not wait to have finished dubbing Naruto before dubbing Boruto!

Amazon getting Rage of Bahamut bums me out. Funimation dubbed the first season and I was hoping we'd get a simuldub for this one. Hopefully they can still get the home video rights.

Funi did end up doing the home video release for Netflix for Seven Deadly Sins, so hopefully them and Amazon can come to some type of agreement here.

I had a few shows I would've hoped for them to pick-up and simuldub and they picked none of them.

Tsugumomo
Tsukigakirei
Love Tyrant
Royal Tutor
KADO

And VIZ better not wait to have finished dubbing Naruto before dubbing Boruto!

I'd dig a Love Tyrant dub just for the wackiness of it.

Sakura Quest
Clockwork Planet
Alice & Zoroku
The Silver Guardian

Hopefully this means other past CR shows will get dubs releasing this season, like Twin Star or Ace of Diamond.

Funi needs to address Puzzle & Dragons X episodes 39+

zulux21

Sakura Quest
Clockwork Planet
Alice & Zoroku
The Silver Guardian

animenewsnetwork just posted that info and said funimation has stated they have more dub announcements to come still.

Hopefully this means other past CR shows will get dubs releasing this season, like Twin Star or Ace of Diamond.

Funi needs to address Puzzle & Dragons X episodes 39+

there is zero chance ace of diamond gets a dub.

Cornbread78

If that's the case add:

Tsugumomo

Nothing wrong with garbage "junk food" anime once in awhile..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Samurai Jack II-III

They really don't make them like this anymore. But then again, I don't think they ever did.

I mean, it's not like they made Samurai Jack like this back in the day either.

This really has no analog for something American made for television broadcast.

Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys 01

I was torn whether or not I should watch this because the title is Girl Beats Boys but theres also Otome in the name. Turns out its 95% otome and its bad Utena. Disappointment of the season imo

animenewsnetwork just posted that info and said funimation has stated they have more dub announcements to come still.

there is zero chance ace of diamond gets a dub.
Good I still have some hope then!
Ninty finally bring Monster Hunter Stories to us, finally I can experience the same world as Lute and the anime !!!!

That was the best news out of that direct. I was so sad that the game just did not seem to come over.

zulux21

Good I still have some hope then!

That was the best news out of that direct. I was so sad that the game just did not seem to come over.

oh i missed that news... monster hunter stories is more of a traditional rpg instead of monster hunter game right?

I never paid to much attention to it I just wanted the amiibos which ideally will also come.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
More surprised they didn't announce MHGU as well. Bet they are skipping it for 3DS and making a Switch version and announcing it at E3.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 116 – Moment Express Development Organization

Concentration duels should be a thing, that was actually a really interesting different type of duel for Yusei and Clark. Yusei had actually got in it and was doing well. They should have made it a two part duel, no cheating.

Cornbread78

Princess Lover ep.1-3
Meh. This has been good for a couple laughs but the girls haven't fleshed themselves out yet and the story right now is being driven by a tsundere society leader trying to be a douche to the MC..... Show needs more fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom