• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Teleporter

I`m a bounty hunter and got some aditional little upgrades as well. Now im thinkin on subscribing lol! Dam hype for this game is gettin outta control!

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I ignored this one until I saw a post on slashdot. Then it took me a while to find out if it supported a gamepad, which is a prereq for me to really play the thing as my gaming PC is my HTPC. Once I did I secured myself a copy.

I like this crowdfunding thing. I hope when the games start shipping that they live up to some of the hype.

DTKT

I ignored this one until I saw a post on slashdot. Then it took me a while to find out if it supported a gamepad, which is a prereq for me to really play the thing as my gaming PC is my HTPC. Once I did I secured myself a copy.

I like this crowdfunding thing. I hope when the games start shipping that they live up to some of the hype.

That's the golden question with most Kickstarter projects. We don't have any really big projects coming out till next year. It's going to be interesting to see how they all turn up.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FTL was Kickstarted and people seem pretty happy with that. It's not nearly on Star Citizen's scale, though, I know.

SparkTR

Off my head finished crowd-funded games are FTL, Natural Selection 2, Giana Sisters, Resonance and Chivalry (partially). All of them are pretty great to my knowledge, FTL and Natural Selection 2 being among the best games I've played this year.

Babalu.

Off my head finished crowd-funded games are FTL, Natural Selection 2, Giana Sisters, Resonance and Chivalry (partially). All of them are pretty great to my knowledge, FTL and Natural Selection 2 being among the best games I've played this year.

Chivalry is really really fun/great as well.

Man I can't wait. Someone said that they are releasing pdf's for all the ships today. I need to see how badass those upper tier ships are to see if i'm going to have to upgrade my $30 pledge.

I need to see the 300i, freelancer, and hornet.

ghostmind

FTL is one of my top 3 games this year, for sure.

Babalu.

Streams that should be starting in a few minutes.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wingmancig
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mci67
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mci66

http://www.twitch.tv/i_am_a_citizen

looks like some new ship addons.

Anvil Gladiator Bomber (add-on ship) $150 NEW!
Add a powerful carrier-based bomber to your arsenal in the finished Star Citizen game.

ORIGIN M50 Interceptor (add-on ship) $80 NEW!
Add a sporty, high-speed interceptor to your arsenal in the finished Star Citizen game.

MISC Starfarer Tanker (add-on ship) $175 NEW!
Add a lumbering fuel tanker to your arsenal in the finished Star Citizen game.

Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar (add-on ship) $225 NEW!
Add a pirate transport ship to your arsenal in the finished Star Citizen game.

Retaliator Heavy Bomber (add-on ship) $250 NEW!
Add a heavily configurable surplus strategic bomber to your arsenal in the finished Star Citizen game.

Captured Vanduul Fighter (add-on ship) $300 {Limit 500} NEW!
The UEE has captured a Vanduul carrier and is selling off the fighter complement. Your only chance to fly this rare spacecraft without catching one in the wild.

Idris Corvette (add-on ship) $1000 {Limit 100} NEW!
Looking for a home for your squadron or guild? The Idris is the ideal place to start, allowing players to dock multiple fighters.

After seeying all those huge prices I wonder how easy it will be to unlock those ships in game. I'm afraid it will take a loooong time to do so for some ships.

pottuvoi

Banned
After seeying all those huge prices I wonder how easy it will be to unlock those ships in game. I'm afraid it will take a loooong time to do so for some ships.
It should take long time, it's one of the charms of old Elite like games.
If it's fast there is no feeling of achievement.

Babalu.

OMG a new video that looks fucking crazy awesome.......mannnn i can't wait 2 years..

http://vimeo.com/53745615#

A short video of the AI of Star Citizen attacking and defending the Bengal Class Carrier. It demonstrates intelligent collision avoidance - a dense asteroid field, other space ships, including a large capital ship plus offensive and defensive roles.

NOTE: This is very early pre-pre Alpha. There was a bug with laser bolt speed in this build and they were incorrectly capped at a very low speed. That is not how they will behave in the game. But we thought the video was awesome enough to show you anyway!

Perkel

Banned
wow dat video..

It's crazy that space sim managed to get first place in crowdfunding.

I think it will reach 5,5mln.

I wonder when 1st game idea will reach 10 mln.

Sentenza

ibZQAi.gif

Babalu.

their website will not last the night. two of the four streams are going now without sound.

Its going to be hard to upgrade a pledge or to pledge with the site so bogged down.

Zabojnik

Chill, people. They're still setting everything up.

As for the site crashing or being slow ... You can pledge on Kickstarter anyhow, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

pottuvoi

Banned
The fact that it takes a long time might not be that bad, but I wonder whether game balance will be dictated by current prices without much leeway.
Yes, it could be bad..

I actually hope that there is possibility to start without the pledge ship as well..
Wouldn't mind a proper old school start from Elite.

Hackbert

they are shooting themselves in their knees if the site keeps crashing -..-
the internet wants to give u money.. so keep the shop open^^

Top Bottom