• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Yes, it could be bad..

I actually hope that there is possibility to start without the pledge ship as well..
Wouldn't mind a proper old school start from Elite.

I wouldn't be surprized if the base pledge ships will be the first player ships. With the main difference that pledge ships are insured.

My concern with the Freelancer is that I will just get swarmed by pirates and military ships. Leading to mucho frustration.

Just play sp with it then;)

epmode

It was up for a few minutes and I almost got to the pledge alteration screen.

They won't be able to extend the Kickstarter portion but they might want to consider an extension for the main site. This is a mess.

FACE

Banned
It was up for a few minutes and I almost got to the pledge alteration screen.

They won't be able to extend the Kickstarter portion but they might want to consider an extension for the main site. This is a mess.

Pledging was going at an insane pace too. This totally killed their momentum.

Zabojnik

Some crazy site contacts numbers being thrown around in the live stream ... talk of the site being under attack? I hope that's not the case. In any case, they should probably think about extending the campaign for a day or two on their site once the KS is over.

Chris seems pretty stressed. :D

FACE

Banned
Some crazy site contacts numbers being thrown around in the live stream ... talk of the site being under attack? I hope that's not the case. In any case, they should probably think about extending the campaign for a day or two on their site once the KS is over.

Chris seems pretty stressed. :D

If their site was hacked it'd be really shitty.

sflufan

Banned
The Kickstarter donations are still going quite nicely.

The fact of the matter is that the RSI site always seemed creaky, bloated, and about to come apart at the seams BEFORE it started getting heavy load for the final push!

Zabojnik

The Kickstarter donations are still going quite nicely.

The fact of the matter is that the RSI site always seemed creaky, bloated, and about to come apart at the seams BEFORE it started getting heavy load for the final push!

That's true, unfortunately. Which is a shame, because I think that this has been a fucking awesome campaign otherwise. It started slow, but the last ten days or so have been pretty crazy. Tons of info, lore, art, pledging options and other interesting stuff, including Chris and the others joining the live chat frequently.

epmode

I was able to sneak in a pledge alteration before it went down again, but I haven't been able to confirm that my account reflects the change.

I wish I had started with Kickstarter instead of RSI but I don't want to confuse the issue by updating on both sites.

sflufan

Banned
That's true, unfortunately. Which is a shame, because I think that this has been a fucking awesome campaign otherwise. It started slow, but the last ten days or so have been pretty crazy. Tons of info, lore, pledging options and other interesting stuff, including Chris and the others joining the live chat frequently.

Exactly, but the site itself just seemed to be barely holding that stuff together. I mean, they're going to hit the $5 million no problem, so I'd say this is just a blip, but for God's sake they need to do SERIOUS work on the site going forward.

I mean, the home page of it almost seemed like something from Geocities!

epmode

Exactly, but the site itself just seemed to be barely holding that stuff together. I mean, they're going to hit the $5 million no problem, so I'd say this is just a blip, but for God's sake they need to do SERIOUS work on the site going forward.

I mean, the home page of it almost seemed like something from Geocities!

They've already talked about significant updates to the site but it will take a few months.

My pledge update went through, by the way. ..now about those add-ons...

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I wish they would get rid of the slow burst lasers. Eithe make it a long range beam weapon, or something more akin to a mounted machine gun.
To me these lasers feel too "floaty", for the lack of a better term.
What do you say gaf?

FACE

Banned
Site's back.

I wish they would get rid of the slow burst lasers. Eithe make it a long range beam weapon, or something more akin to a mounted machine gun.
What do you say gaf?

Slow lasers are a bug according to the video description.

androvsky

What do you say gaf?

Didn't they say the laser speed was a bug and they're supposed to be a lot faster moving?

epmode

The art director from Wing Commander 3 and 4 is hanging around. Chris Roberts was answering questions about an hour ago although he's gone now. I figure he's off replacing the hamster wheels that power the main site.

Gattsu25

Banned
Third time's a charm.

I had to cancel two previous pledges because kickstarter was not detecting that the amazon payment was actually placed

on the third try it looks like Kickstarter is actually recognizing that it went through.

Has anybody been able to upgrade their pledge to one of the new digital pledges? I want to get the $110 Lancer level but its not coming up in the list when I hit upgrade.

Teleporter

Man they're gettin a lot of DDoS now from the good people tryin to help the game out lol! Crazy think they arent prepare for the final pledge stretch!

Anyone know if the add ons still going to be available on the RSI site after the campaign ends? I haven't been able to find a concrete answer one way or the other.

epmode

Anyone know if the add ons still going to be available on the RSI site after the campaign ends? I haven't been able to find a concrete answer one way or the other.

The way I understand it, most of the addons will be available after the campaign ends. The one-day-only stuff is today only, though.

The way I understand it, most of the addons will be available after the campaign ends. The one-day-only stuff is today only, though.

Been out for a good chunk of the day.

Can you tell me what one-day-only shit is going down right now so I can see if I want to chip even more money into this?

Hana-Bi

Damn, the M50 looks tempting. Would be the perfect second ship for me (besides my Freelancer) and with lifetime insurance you could mess around a bit. ;)

But $80 more?

Shaneus

P7Pwb.png

Wow. Hope their servers for the game hold up better than their website does now!

DTKT

Just for the combat video or overall? Because to me, I have felt they have been kinda slow moving and floaty since they showed the first gameplay.

I mean, this is pre pre pre pre alpha. Let's not start complaining about the speed of the lasers and the color scheme just yet. ;P

Top Bottom