• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Hana-Bi

Just bought the M50...

Everything went through without problem. Wanted to think about it till morning (in Europe) but I fear the final hours storm and more chaos for the servers and the site.

So now I can sleep well at least, thinking about those $205 (Freelancer + M50) I just invested while I thought the $60 for the 300i would be more than enough...

Zabojnik

Gotta admit, I thought even 4M was unrealistic. If they extend the campaign by a day to compensate for the site being more down than up in the last 24 hours ... Damn.

5million.png

Zaptruder

Banned
almost 5.1 million. This does not make sense. My brain...

We're definetly going to get a playable Bengal Carrier.

Even though it's all modelled up, I can't imagine the amount of work needed to make it into a playable/interactable thing.

Toilets, bunkbeds, screens, stations, all the various ship board roles. What is going on?!

And then the permission and control interactions...

You'd need to staff that thing with an actual crew to have it operational - and then a single person couldn't be captain 24/7 - you'd need a rotating crew roster that the system would have to account for.

Too bad there aren't more neogaffers excited about this. It'd be awesome if we could get a NeoGaf Bengal carrier up and running.

Even though it's all modelled up, I can't imagine the amount of work needed to make it into a playable/interactable thing.

Toilets, bunkbeds, screens, stations, all the various ship board roles. What is going on?!

You'd need to staff that thing with an actual crew to have it operational - and then a single person couldn't be captain 24/7 - you'd need a rotating crew roster that the system would have to account for.

Too bad there aren't more neogaffers excited about this. It'd be awesome if we could get a NeoGaf Bengal carrier up and running.

NeoGAF is collectively playing Blops2 and WiiU shovelware launch titles right now. Who knows what they will be doing in 2014...

Blops3

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So where can I keep up to date on this game? I pledged back before the kickstarter popped up, and I haven't been keeping up too much, aside from the stretch goals. Is there an image or concept of the bengal carrier?

:D

Posting for a new page.

Been out and about.

Can someone explain the M50 and any of the today-only-buy-now-or-forever-be-told-off offers?

I am trying to find info but INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and all sorts of fun things.

eastmen

Banned
Posting for a new page.

Been out and about.

Can someone explain the M50 and any of the today-only-buy-now-or-forever-be-told-off offers?

I am trying to find info but INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and all sorts of fun things.

well here ya go big guy

For today and today only, we're making a number of the ship unlocks available for sale: the Gladiator bomber ($150), the ORIGIN M50 ($150), the MISC Starfarer Tanker ($17), the Retaliator Heavy Bomber ($250) and the Idris Corvette ($1,000.) Again, we need to stress: these ships are for sale to raise money to build the game. They are not unique to this pledge drive: you will be able to buy them (without lifetime insurance included) using credits you earn in-game when Star Citizen is released.

In addition, the UEE has captured a Vanduul carrier ship and we're selling the contents on the open market! 300 Vanduul fighters, which will never be available on the legitimate market, are now for sale. If you want one in the game you're going to have to hunt, disable and capture it

Finally, we know we're selling a lot of extra ships in this final drive… so: if we reach $5 million, backers will have lifetime free garaging for their ships. It's hardly fair to ask you to buy extra ships to reach our stretch goals and then turn around and charge you in-game credits to keep them around.

Purkake4

Banned
What is it with all these kickstarters getting half the money in the last ~24h? Are there really people sitting around waiting until the last moment to back it for some crazy reason?

vazel

Banned
What is it with all these kickstarters getting half the money in the last ~24h? Are there really people sitting around waiting until the last moment to back it for some crazy reason?
People like keeping their money for as long as possible. Until they just can't help it anymore.
deal.gif

gatti-man

You have my axe

Acosta

I don't know if it's crazy, but I just pledge at the very end if only to space out my pledges, that way I can control what I spend a bit better because I know when the money is gone. Also, at the end you have all the facts about what each pledge offers (box for Star Citizen came quite late for example).

Im so happy to see this proyect with soo much support, space sims are my favorite along with racing games, i grow up with Xwing, Tie Fighter , Wing Commander 1-2 and many others.
I hope this put the space sims back in the board.

Meier

Where is the $5m from? Are they raising money outside Kickstarter to not have to share the funds with them on most of it?

gamma

well here ya go big guy

Shieeeet. But I can't justify spending so much money on ships. Even my $60 pledge was my first time crowd funding something and that's just because this game sounds like a fucking dream. Guess I'll have to unlock them in game.

More than 5.1 in btw. I think 6 might be possible.

gamma

Where is the $5m from? Are they raising money outside Kickstarter to not have to share the funds with them on most of it?

They are raising most of the money from their main site, they only added kickstarter as an alternative later because people asked for it.

Sorry for the double post.

Forz

I just can't decide what to do. I'm currently at the $30 pledge and I'll likely bump it to the $60 when I can get on the site. The Hornet looks amazing but I don't know if I can justify $110...

eastmen

Banned
Oh that doc is awesome. Should help me a lot in deciding if I want to throw even more money at this.

Shieeeet. But I can't justify spending so much money on chips. Even my $60 pledge was my first time crowd funding something and that's just because this game sounds like a fucking dream. Guess I'll have to unlock them in game.

More than 5.1 in btw. I think 6 might be possible.

If you pledge you can upgrade your pledge and add on at the original prices for the first 12 months. I'm going to do the $110 level and most likely move up to the $250 when I get the holidays blow over.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com

5.13m at this time. This site combines kickstarter and the sites money.

If you pledge you can upgrade your pledge and add on at the original prices for the first 12 months. I'm going to do the $110 level and most likely move up to the $250 when I get the holidays blow over.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com

5.13m at this time. This site combines kickstarter and the sites money.

I'm already at 250 through the KS page, in for the Constellation tier.

I hope that they merge the KS pledges with their main site so that people who did it that way can upgrade as time goes on too.

So where can I keep up to date on this game? I pledged back before the kickstarter popped up, and I haven't been keeping up too much, aside from the stretch goals. Is there an image or concept of the bengal carrier?

:D

That video with the AI combat were shiPs attacking/defending a Bengal class cruiser

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I thank the internet for funding something I love! Now I just need the time to play it heh.

Come on, I need me that cruiser! I'm pretty sure we'll reach 5,5M by tomorrow. BTW, was this the most crowd funded game so far?

Canuck76

Banned
This game seems insane.

Like "this shouldn't be possible" insane

So glad someone is looking to push for the greatest space sim so far

And people are backing it hard.

Top Bottom