• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Lazlo

Bah I don't know if I want to contribute ~60 or go up to ~125 to get some physical extras. So hard to decide on ships too without stats etc...

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I pledged through the star citizen site. Is there an option of upgrading like the kickstarter dudes? I totally want to dip more into this.

Majukun

wow,never though this would have actually reached 5,5 mln!
I wonder if they will add a new objective for the last six hours

Refreshed the Kickstarter page a few times and managed to snag a 30$ digital tier pledge that someone backed out of. Busy season for gaming expenses means I can't really afford to pitch in any more.

eastmen

Banned
I pledged through the star citizen site. Is there an option of upgrading like the kickstarter dudes? I totally want to dip more into this.

I second this. Can I pledge 10 now and add 50 later?

You can update your pledge at any time for the first 12 months. inside your account on the website it will say your pledges , pledge customization. So you can upgrade your pledges or add on ... add ons lol.

I don't think you can do just 10. I think you have to do the $35 pledge. That gets you the Rsi aurora and alpha beta.

5.6m with just over 6h left. I think they will hit 6.2 or maybe even 6.5 million at this point

Xane

I am lingering at the $125 FreeLancer. I keep bouncing between what I want to pledge in my head!

Don't forget you can still upgrade your pledge afterwards!
Even after the campaign ends! So just decide on the lowest common divisor and upgrade later. :3

graywolf323

You can update your pledge at any time for the first 12 months. inside your account on the website it will say your pledges , pledge customization. So you can upgrade your pledges or add on ... add ons lol.

I don't think you can do just 10. I think you have to do the $35 pledge. That gets you the Rsi aurora and alpha beta.

I would think that the $30 pledge is good enough for those of us that managed to snag one, I might upgrade later once I'm back to work but right now while on medical leave I can't afford to give more :(

asker

So this looks incredibly exciting but the add-ons leave a sour taste in my mouth. Are these in-game items that can only be acquired by paying extra money during the kickstarter? I'm specifically thinking of the add-on ships. I hope we will still be able to buy them in-game, yes?

eastmen

Banned
I would think that the $30 pledge is good enough for those of us that managed to snag one

yea of course , I was speaking of whats avalible now to pledge at . I think as long as your pledge includes the game your okay. I don't think you could do the $5 kickstarter pledge and expect to be able to upgrade to the $250 pledge in 11 months. Know what i'm saying ?

eastmen

Banned
So this looks incredibly exciting but the add-ons leave a sour taste in my mouth. Are these in-game items that can only be acquired by paying extra money during the kickstarter? I'm specifically thinking of the add-on ships. I hope we will still be able to buy them in-game, yes?

You can earn anything on kickstarter in the game. For example they have ships from the aliens avalible during the kickstarter. The only way to get this in the game is to enter combat with one , disable it and board it . But you can get it .

Zaptruder

Banned

All game items will be purchasable in game.

The only difference between the ones we pay for during the crowd funding and in game items is that we have unlimited insurance/warranty on the ships...

where as, they'll have a mechanism to pay for insurance on ships (to allow for respawning) in the game.

If they're sane, I imagine that this is something that will hold true once they're live - pay a lump sum cash payment up front to 'always have' the ship...

Or, pay an upkeep (dependent on how often you die) in in game credits to retain the ship.

ParityBit

Don't forget you can still upgrade your pledge afterwards!
Even after the campaign ends! So just decide on the lowest common divisor and upgrade later. :3

Wow, awesome news guys! Well .... not for my poor wallet. But awesome nevertheless. I feel I rightly contributed a good amount!

I am assuming my Kickstarter contribution will be added to my account on the webpage at some point in the future?

epmode

Besides insurance, you also have to pay a garage fee to store your ship. Ships from this campaign will not be charged. I can't imagine that it'll be a very significant fee, but it's there.

Purkake4

Banned
Besides insurance, you also have to pay a garage fee to store your ship. Ships from this campaign will not be charged. I can't imagine that it'll be a very significant fee, but it's there.
Ouch, can't imagine being a non-pledge peasant post-launch.

ParityBit

Is anyone on the chat? I wanted to ask if we will be able to make our own skins/paint jobs for our ships. But I can't get on to ask :(

Xane

Is anyone on the chat? I wanted to ask if we will be able to make our own skins/paint jobs for our ships. But I can't get on to ask :(

Something similar has been asked already. Paint-Jobs will be possible AFAIK.
Not sure about custom decals though. I could ask, being in chat, but it's crowded in so many questions already, I cannot guarantee for anything.

ParityBit

Something similar has been asked already. Paint-Jobs will be possible AFAIK.
Not sure about custom decals though. I could ask, being in chat, but it's crowded in so many questions already, I cannot guarantee for anything.

OK, well let me know! Would be interesting and fun if you could do that. I mean, it's about the looks right? :0

Orlandu84

Backed, and I have this thread to thank for letting me know about it :) Now it is Mr. Roberts' capable hands, and I would not have it any other way.

Munin

This game will need music like "Miner Stories" from Eve Online. Seriously, that song gets you really in the mood to just float through space. Especially the part from 1:08 onwards..

Music in Question

Based on the sample Roberts posted a few days ago I fear we'll just get tacky orchestra arrangements beamed straight out of the early 90s.

Ledsen

This game will need music like "Miner Stories" from Eve Online. Seriously, that song gets you really in the mood to just float through space. Especially the part from 1:08 onwards..

Music in Question

EVE Online has some of the best music ever, it's simply perfect for space exploration. Orchestral soundtrack makes my heart sink, it needs to be electronic music.

I thought the garage was if you wanted to house multiple ships? Did you need a garage for one ship?

Top Bottom