• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Stealing a picture from the forums here but you can see them in this, right below the fans:

HGqKvmgh.jpg

The nose guns there are the Neutron guns all Hornets come with though the Super Hornet has an upgraded pair. The canard turret is a separate thing entirely and none of the civilian models come with it by default, though the Hornet in the trailer has it and you can see its hardpoint in the holotable (and even put the ball turret in it to... Humorous results).

The Gatling guns are simply a glitch, if you look in the holotable they don't even match the model shown there (believe the holotable uses the neutron gun model for them) and they're hilariously undersized at just size 2, allowing them to fit in spots where they really shouldn't (such as the Hornet and 300i's nose). They come attached to the ball turret currently in place of the laser repeaters, but that'll likely be fixed whenever the next patch comes out.

i remember in the tech demo way back when when it showed CR flying it and showing off the physics they had the gatling guns mounted on the side of the nose.

i know it was a long time ago. i know it was the military version. i know things change. i know this is the redesign of the original hornet.but do they still have intentions of mounting guns there or di they just shifted it below the nose instead now?

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure I saw the mini-guns in the brochure along with other options not shown in the trailer/commercial.

its hard to use the trailer as a reference because ppl are suggesting its the super, but i don't remember seeing a backseat, or a place for the backseat.

i remember in the tech demo way back when when it showed CR flying it and showing off the physics they had the gatling guns mounted on the side of the nose.

i know it was a long time ago. i know it was the military version. i know things change. i know this is the redesign of the original hornet.but do they still have intentions of mounting guns there or di they just shifted it below the nose instead now?

Okay here's a picture I cropped from the trailer:

Hornet%20Canard.png

The guns you're talking about are the canard turret which the military version comes with by default and the trailer Hornet has equipped, you can see it's attached by a T-bar to the underside of the nose and he has a pair of laser repeaters attached to it there, and the nose guns are still kept when using the canard turret. The original Hornet lacked the nose guns in place of the awkward gun-like things on either side of the cockpit, they simply moved those to a better location.

Zabojnik

I'm really curious to see how player organized events like Operation Pitchfork (invading Vanduul space at the end of beta) will play out due to instancing. Hopefully we'll get some info on that particular aspect of the game soon.

4SszpWN.jpg

1pqh.jpg

its hard to use the trailer as a reference because ppl are suggesting its the super, but i don't remember seeing a backseat, or a place for the backseat.

I looked for the 2nd seat as well but didn't see it. You can also tell by the length of the canopy - there are 2 panes of glass front to back whereas the Super Hornet has 3.

Check on pages 17-19 of the brochure for the upgrade-able bits.

CTLance

Count me in as part of Operation pitchfork. Sounds like a good time.

No, your ship will retain its original insurance (whether that is lifetime or limited.) Future ship upgrade packs offered after November 26th will offer this same functionality (for those wanting to upgrade a base Freelancer or Constellation that has LTI.)
I... I like the sound of that. My wallet sure doesn't, but oh well. Still, it's gonna be glorious.

CTLance

Sounds like a massive slaughter (of players, mostly) waiting to happen. :D
My definition of a good time. I am used to getting omgwtfpwned at the end of betas. It's a staple event by now. I expect it, ... I need it. Bonus points if it's a hilarious enemy or weapon that does me in. I hope they have flatcat launchers or remote-controlled bunny mines.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
guys, since i cant ask this on the official forums, i hope someone would know for my situation. If i'm stepping on any toes, or talking about LTI conversion is prohibited on NEOGAF, please ignore this post.

I want to purchase the physical Colonel package 140 plus the 55 super hornet upgrade. Then, i want to gift the physical colonel package to an original backer so he can melt it and repurchase as a physical colonel package with LTI and regift it back to me.

If i do this, will my super hornet get the LTI? do original/veteran backers have this colonel package to repurchase? does this sound like a sound plan? can anyone see any holes in this that i'm not aware of?

thanks

epmode

That's possible. So long as the guy helping you out isn't an asshole looking for a commission, it'll only cost $180 since original backers get the physical Colonel package for $125, not $140.

The way to do it is to buy $180 worth of stuff, then gift it to an original backer. Gifting an extra $5 vanity item as a tip isn't a bad idea but it is by no means required. The original backer melts everything down 24 hours later and purchases a physical Colonel package plus the Super Hornet addon using store credit. Then they gift it back to you. LTI is tied to the ship so you'll wind up with an LTI Super Hornet.

Hell, I'll do it if you want. I don't know if anyone will vouch for me since I usually don't get involved in LTI stuff but I've been on GAF for ages with no scam complaints.

Zabojnik

Don't believe his lies, XEROWUN. He owns a Cutlass and a Caterpillar, which should tell you all you need to know. Never trust a pirate.

Joking, if it wasn't obvious. I'll vouch for you, epmode!

XEROWUN

Neo Member
That's possible. So long as the guy helping you out isn't an asshole looking for a commission, it'll only cost $180 since original backers get the physical Colonel package for $125, not $140.

The way to do it is to buy $180 worth of stuff, then gift it to an original backer. Gifting an extra $5 vanity item as a tip isn't a bad idea but it is by no means required. The original backer melts everything down 24 hours later and purchases a physical Colonel package plus the Super Hornet addon using store credit. Then they gift it back to you. LTI is tied to the ship so you'll wind up with an LTI Super Hornet.

Hell, I'll do it if you want. I don't know if anyone will vouch for me since I usually don't get involved in LTI stuff but I've been on GAF for ages with no scam complaints.

wow, your saying an OB can get me the physical colonel + super hornet for 180 total?

is there a price difference between veteran and original backer?

thanks for the info. everyone has been really nice about helping me with LTI and i really appreciate it.

epmode

wow, your saying an OB can get me the physical colonel + super hornet for 180 total?

Yes. I'm not sure if original backers have different prices than veterans, though. I just know that the physical Colonel package shows up for $125 when I log in to the site.

Rommel

guys, since i cant ask this on the official forums, i hope someone would know for my situation. If i'm stepping on any toes, or talking about LTI conversion is prohibited on NEOGAF, please ignore this post.

I want to purchase the physical Colonel package 140 plus the 55 super hornet upgrade. Then, i want to gift the physical colonel package to an original backer so he can melt it and repurchase as a physical colonel package with LTI and regift it back to me.

If i do this, will my super hornet get the LTI? do original/veteran backers have this colonel package to repurchase? does this sound like a sound plan? can anyone see any holes in this that i'm not aware of?

thanks

I can do LTI conversions if you want... PM me if you want to do this, I'm a vet backer. Prices are $140 for physical Colonel and 55 for Hornet upgrade pack like you mentioned. I've done this dozens of times before, pretty quick and painless

Mindlog

Yeah, I'm showing physical Colonel for $125 and upgrade for $55.
N0cYpSz.png

I've flipped many times, but with only so few Alpha Slots I will only flip packages without melting my own. Just have to buy $180 worth of giftable items in the store, wait 24 hrs then send it. LTI backer then melts it and and turns it into an LTI package.

Today is Orchestra Day :D

JoseJX

The physical Colonel is $125 here as well. I'm a day 1 original backer, golden ticket an all. :) Just so you know, the digital versions are $110 too, so there's a discount for that as well.

If anyone needs things converted to LTI, or would like the discount, I'm also happy to help! Shoot me a PM.

Also, I can't believe it, but they're going to get to $25M before the weekend is out. That's nuts, but then again, I'm still trying to decide if I want to melt my Avenger for a Super Hornet, so I guess I understand...

JoseJX

You OB's and your discounts!

Haha, it's not really a discount if you keep spending more. That's what I have to keep telling myself...

There's discounts for other packages too:
Digital Scout w/ Alpha and Beta: $35 (this is the same as the Merc package for $40)
Digital Bounty Hunter: $60 ($5 less)
Digital Colonel/Freelancer/Pirate: $110 ($15 less)
Colonel/Freelancer: $125 ($15 less)
Rear Admiral: $250 ($25 less)
Vice Admiral: $500 ($50 less)

Just FYI. Don't let someone scam you if you're flipping for LTI because of the difference in price.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All this talk made me start up the launcher to look at my ships again.

I see they included the 300i variants, awwww yiss. Dat 325A... so gorgeous... :') My freelancer, still looking as robust as ever.

Definitely happy with my setup. I keep contemplating just adding an Aurora "because why not", but then I keep telling myself it'll probably be very easy (comparatively) to get ingame anyway.

Freelancer for my daily needs/transport/long-distance travel, and my 325A for joyrides and dogfights. Can't wait.

Smiley90

Were you hiding under one big rock? The 300i variants were available from the very first hangar release. :p

For real? Okay maybe I just didn't remember. I haven't looked at the hangar since like... the first week of release :lol I just thought they only had the basic 300i back then. Oh well. :D

Zabojnik

Guys, I've seen the future. Tried the Oculus Rift development kit at a buddy's home. Delta Draconis demo. Mind fucking blown, screendoor effect and all. If this thing doesn't help revive the space/flight sim genre, then nothing ever will.

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, I've seen the future. Tried the Oculus Rift development kit at a buddy's home. Delta Draconis demo. Mind fucking blown, screendoor effect and all. If this thing doesn't help revive the space/flight sim genre, then nothing ever will.
I feel like my kit must be broken (which considering I can't calibrate the yaw correction with the new firmware, may be the case), but if I remember correctly Delta Draconis was one of the most confusing demos to me. Like not only could I barely figure out how to do anything with the ship, but everything felt much more blurry or vague than any other demo, and I could barely tell what was a ship, what direction was what, and where I was going. It was a bit better when I tried it again recently, and my lenses are also probably really bad given my vision, but I'm hoping that sort of demo can be improved upon.

Ultimately I also find myself not moving my head a lot in a FPS or cockpit view. In a car it makes sense checking to merge lanes, but I feel like in a plane or spaceship you would typically just check sensors or something.

Zabojnik

I don't know man, I just put the damn thing on and grabbed the joystick my friend set up before I even got there. It felt completely natural to me. I spent 30mins just flying around in awe. :) The resolution is pretty terrible, I'll give you that. 1080p won't cut it either. Hopefully the retail version is at least 1440p.

Smiley90

I don't know man, I just put the damn thing on and grabbed the joystick my friend set up before I even got there. It felt completely natural to me. I spent 30mins just flying around in awe. :) The resolution is pretty terrible, I'll give you that. 1080p won't cut it either. Hopefully the retail version is at least 1440p.

I'll just be happy if it's 1080p, because beyond that I won't be able to afford it, probably...

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Okay here's a picture I cropped from the trailer:

Hornet%20Canard.png

The guns you're talking about are the canard turret which the military version comes with by default and the trailer Hornet has equipped, you can see it's attached by a T-bar to the underside of the nose and he has a pair of laser repeaters attached to it there, and the nose guns are still kept when using the canard turret. The original Hornet lacked the nose guns in place of the awkward gun-like things on either side of the cockpit, they simply moved those to a better location.

do you think the canard turret will be available when the game comes out as an in game addon? can i literally mount 4 guns at the bottom of my hornet when all is said and done?

You'll be able to buy the turret in game when it's released--absolutely.

I believe they've also said that any higher class weapon hardpoint can also hold a lower class. So, since the canard turret is set up for 2 class 4s, you could put fixed or articulated guns, or missiles there instead.

Ballthyrm

i'm jealous at all these hornet upgrades , still waiting for the freelancer upgrades :(

i wonder what they will be , it is still good to speculate though , i want a pure merchant ship freelancer without all the weapon stuff , fast with a lot of cargo space.

Zabojnik

Will he understand I burnt 700 euro on a skiing trip instead buying an Avenger?

Euros? I thought you were from the other side of the pond. It's okay, the Roberts knows you won't be able to resist future swag.

2,892 slots left. Less than 100k to 25M$. Train. Stop. Can't.

XaeonBE

Euros? I thought you were from the other side of the pond. It's okay, the Roberts knows you won't be able to resist future swag.

2,892 slots left. Less than 100k to 25M$. Train. Stop. Can't.

We should all stay up untill it reaches 25M$...
But if they don't make it within 3 hours I will be asleep when it happens :(

legacyzero

Banned
GAF. I'm looking for the perfect space game. I've never knew much about this game until just this week. I'm not understanding what this game is trying to be....

-I want to be on/run my own space cruiser.
-Have my own ship
-Discover space. Go wherever the fuck I want
-land on/live on strange worlds
-visit various planets.
etc

GAF, I LOVE SPACE. But every time I purchase a game, thinking that it'll scratch that itch, I get burned. Is this game what I'm looking for???

XaeonBE

GAF. I'm looking for the perfect space game. I've never knew much about this game until just this week. I'm not understanding what this game is trying to be....

-I want to be on/run my own space cruiser.
-Have my own ship
-Discover space. Go wherever the fuck I want
-land on/live on strange worlds
-visit various planets.
etc

GAF, I LOVE SPACE. But every time I purchase a game, thinking that it'll scratch that itch, I get burned. Is this game what I'm looking for???

This game might be what your looking for in my opinion.

epmode

Except the landing on planets thing may be more limited than what you're looking for. Each planet will have a smallish to mid-sized hub that leads to points of interest. Bars for talking to people and picking up missions, ship dealerships, weapons sellers, etc.

This is a very early demo of a landing zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaFSd-ezQc

There will supposedly be well over 100 landing zones in the game. We won't know how varied they are in practice for a while.

Top Bottom