• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game just sounds more and more too good to be true. It sounded that way before I knew all this stuff about it lol

The only thing that has kept me from buying a Connie is the 890 Jump.

LTI is open to all for this final sale right? I've lost track.

Original and Veteran backers still have LTI for everything. New backers would get LTI on any limited ships on their sale days.

So I think the Merchantman, Scout and Idris all have LTI today, but that's it for newer accounts. OB/VBs still have it through the end of the day.

How can I get LTI on the Advanced Hunter (75$) if I am not an original backer?

What people had been doing was buying some $75 dollar thing, gift it to an OB/VB. The OB/VB would then have to wait 24 hours until they could melt the package, buy the package back with LTI, then gift it back to you. Unsure how to get around that delay now that today is the last day.

Mindlog

Sorry for the delay. I had to answer a call. I'll just melt my freelancer and eat the extra funds I put in. I'll be upgrading it when the variants arrive anyway =]

Arcoril

As someone who just bought a Connie, please explain what's wrong with the 890 jump?
Can it be upgraded later?

There's nothing wrong with the Constellation; the Origin 890 Jump is a new "luxury yacht" that's on track to be released in the future. Given a limited budget, some people would rather have the 890 Jump than the Constellation. That said, it's probably best to buy the Constellation now and then melt that for the 890 Jump once more details emerge.

I'm assuming you have not backed the game before?

You have one option at this point. You need to find an OB and PayPal them the money, and they can buy and gift you the package. However, since I'm assuming you haven't backed before it's important that you buy something on your account so you get marked as a Backer. The reason for this is that if they ever do any more stretch goals for backers, this means you will be eligible. For example, they gave away a special pistol to all backers previously as one of the stretch goals. Having a package on your account does not mean you are a backer, which is why you need to buy something so it can be marked as a backer. You can just buy a $5 ship skin in the store or something, you don't need to buy another package to be marked as a backer.

I'm an OB and could help you later tonight when I'm off work (6 hours from now) unless you can find someone before then which I would recommend if you really want LTI.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
As a Connie owner, do it! ;) It's supposedly Chris Roberts' favorite ship, and has been described as being the Millenium Falcon of Star Citizen!

Well, if you feel comfortable spending the money of course.

Yeah, I melted down my 350r and Starfarer and got the Rear Admiral LTI package instead with $20 left over. Taking a closer look at the stats, it does seem like the Constellation got a lot of love compared to the other ships. It didn't make much sense to fly a 350r as a main combat ship and not much point getting LTI on a racer. Starfarer seemed like it would be easy prey for pirates. Tough call, at least I get the collector's edition style stuff now. Still have that second account with the avenger LTI package just in case. If the 890 Jump turns out to be good, I'll probably use that toward an upgrade.

Jac_Solar

How will the planetside aspect of this game work? Will you access various buildings and interior spaces from a central hub type of thing, will it have larger, more openish areas with several buildings, interior spaces and other openish areas, or will it be more like a single overworld with interior spaces/"dungeons", like Skyrim?

Faith

Wait, I just want the ship xD

I've backed alrdy (got an Aurora with the standard hangar). So I just have to pay 60$, right?

d0g_bear

Wait, I just want the ship xD

I've backed alrdy (got an Aurora with the standard hangar). So I just have to pay 60$, right?

You pledged for a copy of the game ("digital mercenary" or "digital scout")? Then you have the game and you don't need to buy anything else.

epmode

Since they're obviously going to offer new ships leading up to release, will these new ships also get LTI for a limited time or is all LTI done forever after today?

Artanisix

I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about. All this crafting and melting mumbo jumbo and all these new ships and wat.

I preordered for the alpha/beta/whatever with the bare minimum cost and am just waiting for that dogfighting release to come out in December.

Since they're obviously going to offer new ships leading up to release, will these new ships also get LTI for a limited time or is all LTI done forever after today?

Done forever and ever.

The new ships which have been unlocked but not for sale yet will not have LTI.

CIG really wants to put LTI behind them because it's been a complete pain in the ass for them with the grey market that they've tried to discourage and amount of support questions they get.

I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about. All this crafting and melting mumbo jumbo and all these new ships and wat.

melting is turning your current ship or package into game credits and using those credits to buy more expensive ships without paying the full price

ex. melting a $100 ship to buy $180 dollar ship, I only pay $80

o_O

You posted this minutes before I saw that question/answer on Twitch. What sort of voodoo magic is this?!

It's finally happening.. my hype for Star Citizen is actually causing time to flow more quickly for me!

Edit: I am really enjoying this music discussion. I like the composer's assertion that he doesn't want the diegetic music in bars to just be generic 'Space techno'.

Mindlog

As someone who just bought a Connie, please explain what's wrong with the 890 jump?
Can it be upgraded later?
The Origin 890 is a big space yacht. That may be my big ship of choice.
But I just threw more money credits into my hangar and my finger is hovering over the Connie button >_<

Faith

I'm an OB and could help you later tonight when I'm off work (6 hours from now) unless you can find someone before then which I would recommend if you really want LTI.
Thanks, but I already found someone :)

cpxnzztb.jpg

A big THANK YOU to Mindlog, love you xD

Welp, I need to go get lunch now. Hopefully will check out the archive tonight when it's up. Will catch up on the news later tonight. Hopefully we get a sneak peek of DFM!

I feel like one of the few people that doesn't want a massive ship off the bat. Still wish I didn't miss the Gladiator. Would of loved to have a 325a and a Gladiator as my main ships.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm just not willing to toss that much money into a big unknown, even if the Constellation looks kind of cool.

That said, I'm almost considering buying an Avenger to go along with the 315p...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume you can still gift LTI ships after today? I wonder what the market value of these are going to be in the future.
Yeah. I saw a thread about people complaining that the market will get worse because people will hoard all the LTI ships and sell them when LTI is gone forever.

Faith

I assume you can still gift LTI ships after today? I wonder what the market value of these are going to be in the future.
Nope.

Done forever and ever. The new ships which have been unlocked but not for sale yet will not have LTI. CIG really wants to put LTI behind them because it's been a complete pain in the ass for them with the grey market that they've tried to discourage and amount of support questions they get.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I feel like one of the few people that doesn't want a massive ship off the bat. Still wish I didn't miss the Gladiator. Would of loved to have a 325a and a Gladiator as my main ships.

Nah, I feel that way, too. I have a Hornet, an Aurora and an Avenger. I think it would be cool to get a bigger transport like the Caterpillar or Starfarer at some point, but I'm OK with waiting until I get those in-game. Right now, I think it's important to get ships that are fun to fight with, because straight-up combat will be the only gameplay we'll have for the majority of a year once the dogfighting module comes out.

So, not open world, and instanced. I assume that there will be more and different "interiors" or spaces, but what about huge wilderness areas and the like you can land in from space?

There won't be seamless space to planetary flying / landing in for launch; it's something they'll look at further down the line.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, not open world, and instanced. I assume that there will be more and different "interiors" or spaces, but what about huge wilderness areas and the like you can land in from space?

I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to land at spaceports and hangars and whatnot. Except maybe remote worlds where there isn't much besides wasteland. I'm sure they'll make a lot of interiors to check out, though.

Mashing

Other than potentially getting your account banned? They could simply mark that ship as pirate from the beginning meaning that it's going to be destroyed by NPC's constantly (perhaps they could mark it as a stolen ship meaning that is essentially useless--i.e. get's one-shotted by system defenses?). Lots of things they could do. That would eliminate RMT of ships. So, what I'm saying is: buyer beware.

Mashing

As soon as he said he was the guy from IM3, I knew the HUD would be awesome. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have gaming experience, the other guys on the staff will make sure it works in gameplay.

Top Bottom