• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

Luigi87

So far the only themes in the 3DS version (at least that I've heard on YouTube) that bother me are Boss B and Boss C.

[Nintex] said:
Meh, I've made up my mind. Changed voices, non-bombastic music I'll stick with the Virtual Console version.
You can't save level progress in the original game, right?

Has saving been confirmed for the 3DS version?

Hylian7

The Lamonster said:

It doesn't really matter to me either way. I put mine in sleep mode and never turn it off.

Hylian7 said:
It doesn't really matter to me either way. I put mine in sleep mode and never turn it off.
Isn't it possible to run out of lives and get shot back to the beginning of the game?

I have the VC version but the lack of saving bullshit has prevented me from playing it so far...

WillyFive

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGb4BpLj6aE

0:22 sounds like some sort of hideous accordeon. It might be a bug, because it plays again when it shouldn't be, compare it to the original.

Man, that sounds bad. There's noise and compression compared to the N64 one, but this new version is incredibly slow and boring, and it sounds barren, as if there were only like 4 or 5 people playing. At least the N64 version sounded 'fuller'.

The Lamonster said:
I have the VC version but the lack of saving bullshit has prevented me from playing it so far...

When I first got the game, it annoyed me too. But playing the game from beginning to end is part of the experience. It's like playing a movie, being able to see the credits in one playthrough, and then trying again with a different route.

NateDrake

The Lamonster said:

The game saves after each level. So you can complete the opening level, quit the game, turn the 3DS back on a week later and start at the second mission.

Tyeforce

I have a question about the game... Having not played the original, I'm not 100% sure how the game works, but is this a game that can be shared between two people without a problem? My boyfriend and I share our 3DS games, and the only time we both buy our own copy is if it's a game that can't really be shared, like nintendogs or Pokémon. Does it have multiple save files, or are save files not needed at all? I know the multiplayer is all Download Play, so that's good.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
[Nintex] said:
Meh, I've made up my mind. Changed voices, non-bombastic music I'll stick with the Virtual Console version.
So you have no urge in enjoying the game in a new form? Even if you prefer the original, why not also enjoy the 3DS version? At least it looks and runs much better.

Emitan

Tyeforce said:
I have a question about the game... Having not played the original, I'm not 100% sure how the game works, but is this a game that can be shared between two people without a problem? My boyfriend and I share our 3DS games, and the only time we both buy our own copy is if it's a game that can't really be shared, like nintendogs or Pokémon. Does it have multiple save files, or are save files not needed at all? I know the multiplayer is all Download Play, so that's good.
There's not really a point to saving if the high scores screen works the way it does in the original where you can put your initials next to your score. Score attack mode might just save everything without a name, so you might want to buy two copies if you care about keeping your scores separate. Otherwise just share the game!

Man, that new music is really bad. Good thing I have the original soundtrack on my iPod.

qq more

Billychu said:
There is no way to screw up Area 6. No way. It's the most faithful rendition I've heard so far.

Star Wolf's theme is pretty good (loving that bass)
Yeah, Area 6 has one of the best songs in the series. Was so glad to hear it in Brawl.

Azure J

Man, this thread makes me so fucking giddy listening to the newer takes of the old songs. After being in an unintentional media blackout and coming in casually reading this page, I now know that I need this like I need oxygen. :lol

Any youtube links for the 3DS version of Zoness? Love that theme.

Luigi87

AzureJericho said:
Man, this thread makes me so fucking giddy listening to the newer takes of the old songs. After being in an unintentional media blackout and coming in casually reading this page, I now know that I need this like I need oxygen. :lol

Any youtube links for the 3DS version of Zoness? Love that theme.

Zoness 3DS

Platy

Willy105 said:

6Ceng.gif

1AE0e.gif

They don't even have an alpha channel ! xD

Tyeforce

Billychu said:
There's not really a point to saving if the high scores screen works the way it does in the original where you can put your initials next to your score. Score attack mode might just save everything without a name, so you might want to buy two copies if you care about keeping your scores separate. Otherwise just share the game!
Okay, thanks! That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. We don't really care much about high scores, so that works. =)

Peagles

The 3DS music sounds... weird. Almost like they've been recorded with surround on, and my stereo setup isn't reproducing them properly... All the volumes of the channels sound... weird...

Anyone who has it on 3DS, what do you reckon?

Peagles said:
The 3DS music sounds... weird. Almost like they've been recorded with surround on, and my stereo setup isn't reproducing them properly... All the volumes of the channels sound... weird...

Anyone who has it on 3DS, what do you reckon?

The 3DS' default sound output is in surround. The volume is very low with this setting, but surprisingly, the effect is pretty nice.

qq more said:
I don't hear anything remotely Mega Man X-ish, and I listen to a lot of Mega Man X music lol

Yeah... I listen Mega Man and Mega Man X music very often, and those songs didn't sound Mega Man-ishy at all.

=(

The Corneria Theme from the SNES game on the other hand...

Peagles

Fernando Rocker said:
The 3DS' default sound output is in surround. The volume is very low with this setting, but surprisingly, the effect is pretty nice.

Yeh, I've noticed it's a lot quieter but the effect is nice. I think I turned it on stereo for the bus because I need the volume up louder, but forgot to change it back, I'll do that now actually.

I guess my question actually is, do the song tracks on 3DS (when you're listening on an actual 3DS) sound like the volume of the sounds is off, or does it sound more like the normal N64 music, but with a surround effect? I think what I'm hearing on youtube is just because my speaker setup is stereo, and I'm hoping it won't sound so funky on my actual 3DS.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Something I'm wondering. How do you guys pronounce Zoness?

Do you do it like it would sound if Cobra Commander said the word Zones?

Do you pronounce it like the Zoness Brothers?

Some other way I'm not thinking of?

Luigi87

GDGF said:
Something I'm wondering. How do you guys pronounce Zoness?

Do you do it like it would sound if Cobra Commander said the word Zones?

Do you pronounce it like the Zoness Brothers?

Some other way I'm not thinking of?

Zoh-ness... The same way it was pronounced in the game <.<

loosus

Banned
Wow, gotta say I'm not digging the new music at all from what I have heard thus far. It sounds more realistic, I guess, but definitely not as catchy.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Can someone please tell me if this game has the original voice work still intact or has it been replaced?

It had to be replaced... the original voice acting is not available.

One the reasons why it had to be replaced is because if you play the N64 game, the characters mention some buttons that are different on the 3DS game. Also, they probably recorded the voices with a much better quality.

Just keep in mind... the new voice acting was recorded by the same actors as the N64 version.

Fernando Rocker said:
It had to be replaced... the original voice acting is not available.

One the reasons why it had to be replaced is because if you play the N64 game, the characters mention some buttons that are different on the 3DS game. Also, they probably recorded the voices with a much better quality.

Just keep in mind... the new voice acting was recorded by the same actors as the N64 version.

That makes me very worried. Half the reason I love SF64 is the cheesy VO's. I mean are those iconic lines even going to sound close to the original. I haven't watched to many videos but when I get my 3DS in the future this is one game I wanna pick up.

But I don't wanna have regret when "Cant let you do that Star Fox" sounds off.

gwiz210

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Can someone please tell me if this game has the original voice work still intact or has it been replaced?
Rerecorded voice acting, but with the same voice actors from 97.

Top Bottom