• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Online Free to Play |OT| Boldly freeloading where others have subbed before

number386

Interesting article on starbase building. I read it awhile back, didn't see it posted here, so why not.

On July 12th, Cryptic Studios released its season six update to its multiplayer online video game, "Star Trek Online". Months in the making, the update had been largely welcomed by the micro transaction game's customer base which had grown increasingly agitated over a lottery system mechanic implemented late in 2011. The mechanic was installed across all of Cryptic Studio's properties by Perfect World Entertainment (PWRD) after the company was acquired by the Chinese based firm.

After the rumor of possible action by European authorities, prior to the update, Perfect World retooled its lottery system to provide "losing prizes" in the form of several virtual currencies to accompany the possibility of winning the grand prize. This retooling was accepted by enough of the customer community that complaints against the lottery-like system have regressed sufficiently, such that government intervention seems unlikely at this time. Additionally, one of the virtual currencies featured among the "losing prizes" are now a key ingredient in the online game's newest content upgrade.

At the heart of the update is the improved congealing of players into their own personally run factions or guilds, a system made popular by market leader Blizzard-Activision's (ATVI) "World of Warcraft". Consequently most major online games feature these factions in one form or another because of their potential sales generation. For "Star Trek Online", the official term used for these player managed groups is "fleet". Players can join fleets of their choosing and work together to build fleet bases for both in-game play benefits as well as bragging rights. Cryptic's developers have reported that the fleet base construction system will take at least seven months minimum to reach the biggest space castle currently available, meaning a consistently high revenue stream until at least early 2013.

While building space castles in the galactic sand sounds quaint, behind all of this is a very complex system which grinds up a massive amount of virtual currencies. Some of these are purchasable directly from the game's online store, others have to be earned by playing the game or acquired from other players.
It would seem that after all the grief around its lottery system, Cryptic has decided to take the soft sale method in generating new revenue. It took an extended amount of time in-game to research and produce hard sales numbers related to the new fleet base system, in part because the game features both the equivalents of a Forex and NYSE and each have to be utilized in the building project.

So what is the bottom line? Calculations indicate that Cryptic should generate roughly $2.4M, or $.05 EPS, on sales directly attributable to the update over the next seven months. This number does assume several important factors: 1) that online players seek the greatest price efficiency during their castle construction, 2) players trade for some of the virtual currencies among one another rather than direct buy from the online store where they are higher priced, and 3) that all construction costs increase in a uniform pattern through each successive tier.

Sales were computed based off released construction costs for both the first and second tier castles, with projected costs calculated for the third through fifth tiers based on some limited release data. The assumption was also made that approximately 1,000 fleets would each seek top tier construction with an additional 25,000 small scale "personal" fleets likely achieving the first tier. While "Star Trek Online" does not disclose its total player numbers, approximately 138,000 recently "liked" the game on their Facebook (FB) page, the results of an online contest hosted by the game. Given that players will not be entirely efficient in construction and that more castles may be built than projected, sales will likely be higher than currently estimated.

Approximate tier construction costs were $35, $116, $233, $466, and $699 USD respectively for castles one through five (for detailed calculations see the comments section). Given that the last castle builds upon successive renditions, each top tier building is worth potentially $1,550 in sales for Cryptic. This value could rise further should virtual currencies become scarcer. Not bad for a "free to play" video game.

It should come as no surprise that the first tier castle is priced near $35 USD. Turbine Incorporated's (TWX) "Dungeons and Dragons Online," the current measuring stick of free-to-play games, released its most recent update late June priced at $30 as a digital-only download. Turbine and Cryptic will be duking it out later this year when Cryptic releases "Neverwinter" a multiplayer online video game which is also micro transaction driven and in direct competition to Turbine's product. Whether or not two free-to-play games utilizing the same source material can be supported by one fan community has yet to be seen.

Cryptic has announced that a seventh content upgrade to "Star Trek Online" is due by year's end.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update

I think the author's methodology is flawed, cryptic will probably only get a fraction of that amount from people buying zen and exchanging it for dilithium(paying for convenience)

Edit: Added link.

Medalion

Banned
Nobody is asking you to partake in Starbases, you can still play the game happily with never joining a Fleet and doing the Starbase thing and keep things free all around

number386

I'm not complaining. I found it to be a interesting and novel approach to generating profits, thought you guys might find it to be an interesting read. In terms of f2p mmo's star trek is one of the best, you can do everything and buy everything without spending a single penny. Hell, I even like the lockboxes, don't want to spend money on the ship "lottery" buy the keys on the exchange.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
People have long accused Cryptic of manipulating the dilithium exchange, but regardless of whether that has any truth to it, the price of Zen has been very low for the last month. Since lower Zen prices means more money for PWE if people actually are paying real money to get dilithium, I wonder if they'll ever throw another C-Store sale since that would inevitably drive the price of Zen way up, at least temporarily.

DarthWoo

Since all the projects in a category roll up to the more expensive higher tier ones once we clear the necessary XP, I'm queuing all military projects for the moment. There's a 1000XP one in cooldown right now, which will put us at 24,755. The next military project done after that will block any new projects until we finish the tier project, but any that are queued will stay queued, so don't change any. This way, we can get around 3000 military XP at the relatively lower cost. I'll do the same thing when engineering gets close.

DarthWoo

Starbase Tier 2 project is up, and it's a doozy. 216k dilithium and 3600 fleet marks. Syrb took care of over a third of the dilithium requirement right off the bat, but that still leaves a bit to go.

DarthWoo

Just a random screenshot of KDF stuff. Popped into the system and thought the ship were in a nice arrangement.

screenshot_2012-09-19-21-02-58_zpscc00ef64.jpg

Walshicus

I've got a great screenshot from an exploration cluster I'll need to upload after work. I got mobbed by about twenty midget aliens with guns bigger than they were. Funniest bit was the game spawned them on top of a colony building, so when they engaged me they rained down...

DarthWoo

For those of you that need a little bit of extra energy credits, here's a little guide based on some things from STOwiki and my own observations.

You've probably heard of the Strange Alien Artifacts and the Powered Alien Artifacts. They're the first and mid products of the Children's Toy chain of duty officer assignments. The final product is a Mk XII ship console of green, blue or purple rarity, depending on the DOFFs you assign. Making consoles this way is such a crapshoot that it's really not worth doing all that much unless you've already got a pile of very good DOFFs for it. Even if you have a huge chance at purples, you've got to contend with the fact that you could get any number of different kind of consoles, many of which will be useless to you and anyone else.

Our goal here is just to make EC, so we just want to harvest the artifacts as efficiently as possible. This is of course dependent on how many characters you have, and your availability and timing.

First of all, you have to have completed the initial "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" assignment on any given character with which you want to be able to do the repeatable assignment. This is the most tedious part, because as far as I know, there's no way to tell when and where you'll find it other than by looping around the applicable sector blocks every few hours until it appears. Those sector blocks are Beta Ursae, Zeta Andromedae and Alpha Trianguli, or what I just call the Cardie Triangle (hereafter referred to as CT). To complete the assignment, you can use pretty much any DOFF, although traders are obviously preferred. The assignment cannot be failed, insofar as you will always get the Strange Alien Artifact regardless of the mission outcome. There is also no casualty risk as far as I know. For completion, you need to have 3 Shapeshifting Locket items and 3 Jevonite items. These are relatively cheap on the exchange, but if you've been traveling around the CT, you'll have probably picked up a lot from trade assignments.

Now, once any one of your characters has that under their belt, they are capable of finding "Negotiate Delivery of Additional Rare Commodities." I do not believe that the completion of the original assignment correlates in any way to when the repeatable shows up, so you will have to find it again. However, the beauty of this is that if you've found it on one character, you know where and when it will be for all of your characters that have completed the original. All you need to do is fly each character over and queue the assignment before the four hour assignment block rolls over.

Here is a slightly tricky part. The assignment has a three day cooldown, but the cooldown starts from the time you COMPLETE the assignment. Let's say you found the assignment in the 12PM-4PM EST block. You might be around in the 4PM-8PM block to complete it, or you might not be on again until the next day. The cooldown starts when you first collect the assignment rewards on any of your characters. It might help to jot down the time and day you do this, and add a note to run through the CT in three days to pick it up again. The cooldown seems to end on the same time block three days later, regardless of how late in the block you collect. So for example, say you do collect your artifact at 7:59PM the same day. You'll be able to do the assignment again as early as 4PM three days hence. It's possible this is incorrect, but it has been a reliable timing scheme for me so far.

As far as turning a Strange Alien Artifact into a Powered Alien Artifact, you will need a Development Lab Scientist DOFF, or preferably two, for the Infuse Alien Artifact with Rare Particles. There is a casualty risk, so you'd be advised to use uncommon DOFFs or better so you don't risk losing any permanently. There may or may not be another assignment between Negotiate and Infuse, but it seems to have been skipped on some of my characters. As far as materials, you need to have the Strange Alien Artifact in your possession or bank, as well as one of each rare particle trace. The traces are getting somewhat pricey on the exchange, so it may well be that it might be more cost effective to sell the Strange Alien Artifact rather than Infuse it. In any case, like Negotiate, Infuse cannot be failed. Even if you blow up your DOFFs, you'll still get the Powered Alien Artifact.

Currently, Strange Alien Artifacts go for around 800-900k on the exchange, whereas Powered go for 1.4-1.5M. If you can wait a while, the exchange is still semi-bugged wherein an item you list will not show up in the "All" category for several days. Even if your price is not the lowest on the "Data Samples" category, when it reaches "All," as long as you didn't price it outrageously, it may end up being the lowest. There are plenty of people who don't know about this bug, and you can take advantage of that. That of course applies to any other item, but don't go buying things for higher than their fair market value in the hopes of relisting them for a long-term profit, or that may bite you in the butt.

Walshicus

Also, Strange Alien Artifacts turn up in the reward table for getting a critical success on the "survey ruins" Exploration assignment.

DarthWoo

Seems I might have been partially off in regards to the cooldown. I guess it's per character as opposed to per account, as I just noticed the assignment come up for the first in my typical order, but none of the rest. I was thrown off by it appearing for one of my characters so soon after I'd done the original assignment, with it coinciding with all the rest of my characters.

Medalion

Banned
One more of my Mirror Universe cruiser, without Borg Teck, as it looks normally adorned in an all Omega Force MK 12 set, Hybrid-Tetryon based energy weapons and Quantum and Hargh'peng torps

gameclient2012-09-262b8lvj.png

Walshicus

For the powered artifact, should you try to turn it into a console?

It's a gamble. You could get a worthless Green quality Mk XII console that nobody needs... or you could get a Purple Mk XII Phaser boosting console which could sell for 40m or so.

DarthWoo

It's actually quite baffling now. I think the cooldown may actually be something close to real time, in that it's actually 3 days after each character collects rewards, completely disregarding the four hour assignment blocks. I found it on my main who is always the first to do assignments when I log on close to the beginning of the four hour block, but when I was rotating through my alts, none of them had it for at least 20 minutes afterward. I then did some STFs, logged out, then came back in the last 20 minutes of the block and found that they did have it. Luckily every alt was parked in the appropriate sector block so it was a quick matter of just accepting the assignment and swapping to the next character. Don't really want to test how much of a window a character gets for accepting it, as I'm pretty sure if you miss it, it'll roll over to another three day cooldown.

Walshicus

Lots of new changes to test on the Tribble Test Server:

New Features:
Mine Trap
This is a new 20-man event, lasting 20-30 minutes, available from the PvE queue at any time.
Level 50 Klingon and Starfleet officers can work together to defend the local population of Romulan refugees from a terrible threat that has escaped from the remains of the Tal Shiar base buried under the surface.
Instruct locals to take refuge in the local homes
Fortify buildings
Protect homes from the threat
Escape town
Rendezvous with shuttles and make your escape
Earn both Romulan Marks* and Fleet Marks as a reward.
Play during the Reputation* or Fleet events for bonus rewards.

*Romulan Marks and Reputation system will be in a later update.

Azure Nebula Rescue
This is a new five-man, 12 minute space event that is available from the PvE queue at any time.
This is a cross-faction mission, so level 50 Federation and Klingon Defense forces fight together against the Tholians.
Tholian forces have set up bases in the Azure Nebula, and have captured several Romulan ships.
The players rescue the ships by disabling the tractor beams holding them in place.
But the Tholians will not sit idly by while you free their captives.
Larger ships have higher point values, but are more heavily guarded.
Rewards are variable based on how many ships are rescued and how valuable the ships are.
Ships will continue to spawn until the time limit is up.
There is a new title for rescuing a certain undisclosed number of ships.

The Vault: Ensnared
This is a new five-man, 15 minute event that is available from the PvE queue at any time.
The event is playable by mixed level 50 Starfleet and KDF teams.
Players will attempt to save the Vault from Tholian attackers.
Tholians attack the Vault and plan the ensnare it in their webs.
Players will attempt to save Reman ships from the initial Tholian assault.
Then keep the Tholians from forming a web around the Vault.
Finally the players will defeat the main Tholian battle group.
Rewards will be given based on player performance which will be tracked by the following:
Number of Reman ships saved.
Number of sections of the Tholian Web kept from being completed.
Completing the optional objective.

Into the Hive
This is a new STF event that is available from the queue at any time.
The event is playable by mixed Starfleet and KDF teams.
The "normal" difficulty version is for levels 45-50.
The Elite version is only for level 50 players.
Level 50 Starfleet and KDF players can team up to attempt to defeat the Borg Queen.
Disrupt the Uniplexus by defeating drones assigned to it maintaining the system.
Upload a new virus to the collective keeping them from responding to your attack on the queen.
Face the Borg Queen in battle, in all her assimilated glory.
The rewards granted will be augmented by completing optional objectives.

General:
Flight Deck Officer Duty Officers that are designed to reduce the cooldown of Boarding Parties now correctly reduce the cooldown.
Added an option so that the aim camera does not zoom into the character model while in RPG mode.
All standard commodities can now be purchased in stacks of 100.
General graphics updates.
General server stability updates.

Foundry:
A new behavior has been added for NPC Groups: Patrols!
You can place points for the groups to patrol to and around.
A new NPC Group has been added for enemy encounters: Mugato
There are now error messages for searching and selling on the exchange, mailing items, and accessing the dilithium exchange that say "You cannot access this while previewing a mission in the Foundry."
Added messaging to PvP and PvE queues while in Foundry preview that indicates that they are disabled.

UI:
It is now possible skip logout and go directly to character select!
A button has been added to the game menu to go to character selection.
The slash command is /GotoCharacterSelect.

Duty Officer UI updates:
Added a confirmation popup to assignments that permanently remove Duty Officers.
Assignments window: Current Sector was renamed to Current Map to better match the actual functionality.
Duty Officer list and filters have been hidden on the Request Duty Officers window when there are no new Duty Officers.
Only the Traits and Species filters are shown on the Brig and Passenger lists, since the others are superfluous.

Chat window updates:
Chat input is now focused when pressing '/' or ';' while the chat window is minimized.
Selecting Private Message on a player while chat window is closed will now open the chat window.
Pressing enter to select auto-fill items from the chat entry field will now complete the line it is trying to auto-fill.
Attempting to Challenge a player through the chat UI will now open the Challenge request window.

Chat Channel Admin updates:
It is now possible to display only players that are currently online.
Added a 1000 character limit to the chat channel Description and Message of the Day fields.
Added paging and searching the list of chat members when using admin for private chat channels.
Improved the bulk buy popup.
Added left and right arrows to slider to adjust amount by 1.
Max bulk buy amount is now displayed.
Current Count is now a text entry so that an exact value may be typed in.
The total price for the selected amount is now displayed.
Updated the visual look of the PvE queue window.
Status: This column displays an image if you are queued for the mission.
It also displays an error if you are not in the right type of craft.
It also displays cooldown timer if there is one.
Region: This column displays whether this is a Ground or a Space mission and has an associated image to indicate which one it is
Reward: This column shows the type of reward(s) the mission grants.
Challenge: This column shows an icon for how difficult the mission is: either normal, moderate, or difficult.
# Players: This column shows the number of players needed to launch the queue.

Bank updates:
Double-clicking on an item in any bank; Account, Character, or Fleet; will move the item to the inventory.
Double-clicking on an item in the inventory while any bank window is open; Account, Character, or Fleet; will move the item to the bank.
The account bank now has Deposit All and Withdraw All buttons that will deposit and withdraw the maximum possible amount of Energy Credits.
Tray tooltips will now indicate the maximum number of targets it can affect.
Added a ship rename button to the Starship Selection window.
It is now possible to load just the outfit of a saved costume in the tailor and apply it to the current costume.
Made the mail window wider by default and increased size of Date and From columns.
Improved comparative tooltips for ship weapons.
It will now try to compare weapons based on what type they are, eg. Beams vs. beams.
Added Shield Regen Rate to ship status window.
Note that this only works while in space.
Items that are unequippable due to class or rank now display the failed requirement in red.
Removed the unnecessary "Show unowned parts" checkbox from the Fleet Emblem tailor.
Contact Dialog windows: Added an icon next to completed missions to indicate they are ready to turn in.
Missions in your In Progress Journal tab now display the rewards you will receive when you complete them
Added a message on the main C-store screen letting users know that the C-store is disabled on their current server.
This pretty much only affects test servers, like Tribble and Redshirt.
There's a button to view upcoming Fleet events in the calendar in the Fleet Event window.
The Assets tab now resizes according to the inventory window size.
It is now possible to drag power icons for active Bridge Officer skills from the status window to power tray.
Removed the unnecessary stat Stealth Range stat from character status window.
This is a display change only; the stat doesn't and hasn't ever affected players.

Mission tracker updated:
Added buttons for "Open in Journal" and "Turn In".
The "Turn In" button will replace the transwarp button.
Resolved an issue that caused upper and lower Uniform colors to be linked in the tailor.
Adjusted the sizes and layout of several windows to work better with French and German text.
Friend location will now display "in the Foundry" when a friend is in the Foundry.

Known Issues:
Deploying hangar pets causes all power levels to increase.
This is not working as intended.
In the Mine Trap event, broken doors do not draw if you have low graphics.
Cutscenes and audio for the new content are still works-in-progress.
Foundry: Pop-up dialogs are being counted as Objectives.
Some NPCs you are escorting may follow a little too closely to you.
They seem to have forgotten the concept of "personal space".
Events and STFs accessed through the PVE Queues may not yet grant you the proper rewards upon completion.
When Borg adapt to your weapons, the 'Adapted' text is upside-down.

Walshicus

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/09/star-trek-online-season-7-new-romulus-trailer/

Hey guys, looks like Season 7 is being released on Tuesday 13/11. A lot of pretty cool changes are being incorporated:

• New 5 and 20-person team missions, including Azure Nebula (rescue Romulan ships from the Tholians), Mine Enemy (defend a colony against mutated Salt Vampires from TOS) and others.
  • Part four of the Special Task Force series, seeing players defeat the Borg Queen's Diamond-ship and then herself in ground combat.
  • New Romulus "adventure zone" - basically a ground environment more akin to SW:ToR's style. The largest ground zone in STO, you perform missions to help the new Romulan/Reman colony defend itself and expand.
  • Better Foundry (UGC) exposure - the best user made missions are now highlighted directly in the interface.
  • "Reputation" system - basically uses the same sort of system as Fleet Starbase construction does. It enables players to run projects to gain XP in "Omega Force" (i.e. anti-Borg) and "Romulan" reputations, which in turn offer passive and active boosts and store unlocks for gaining levels.
  • Fleet Embassy - the second Fleet Holding alongside the Starbase. Develop an embassy on New Romulus to unlock new equipment, officers and more.
  • Tau Dewa Sector Block - filling the gap between Federation, Romulan and Klingon space on the galaxy map, the Tau Dewa Sector Block contains New Romulus, the Azure Nebula and a number of worlds from TNG such as Galorndon Core, Acamar and more. Each contains a short repeatable mission - for instance Acamar expands on the clan politics from the TNG episode that race was featured in.
  • A bunch of stuff I've probably forgotten...

DarthWoo

One thing that everyone should know though: According to nearly universal reports on the STO forums, the conversion rates for existing STF-related loot is a blatant ripoff, so if you have a large pile of EDCs and/or Borg tech/salvage, trade them for dilithium or whatever before Tuesday rolls around!

Vlodril

Hey all. I just re installed the game and i am a bit lost. I have a 21 level tactical character.

I see they added starfleet academy and duty officers plus a bunch of stuff. i was thinking of maybe starting a new character? or should i push trying to remember what i am doing with the one i have? Any suggestions?

Feel free to contact me in game nayba@vlodril (i see they are still using the weird nickname system).

Walshicus

Hey all. I just re installed the game and i am a bit lost. I have a 21 level tactical character.

I see they added starfleet academy and duty officers plus a bunch of stuff. i was thinking of maybe starting a new character? or should i push trying to remember what i am doing with the one i have? Any suggestions?

Feel free to contact me in game nayba@vlodril (i see they are still using the weird nickname system).

I can send you an invite to the GAF fleet if you like? I'd think it's probably a good idea to start a new character - the game will ease you into the new systems!

If you join the fleet we can help you out with lower-level gear, and we've got a few ships you can unlock that will work *moderately* well for max-level. :)

Vlodril

thanks for the invite. ill start leveling the new char and playing now and again with the old one as well. Still a bit lost but better.

Walshicus

I might come back to this game as F2P for a bit, haven't played since way back. Nice to see its still got some sort of player base.

Well if you do it later today you can play the new Season 7 content. As usual, post your "character@handle" if you want an invite into the GAFleet. :)

Vlodril

Is there any reason i am d/l with about 20k out of m 3 megabytes per second line.. this is ridiculous. Haven't been able to log in yet.. i am at 5% of the 800MB file.

Walshicus

Is there any reason i am d/l with about 20k out of m 3 megabytes per second line.. this is ridiculous. Haven't been able to log in yet.. i am at 5% of the 800MB file.

The file should be a lot smaller than that - the patch is 800mb but you will only download about a hundred typically.

And you're right - it does go too slow for my liking...

So how long of a wait am I going to look forwards to being able to play because of patches? Downloading the torrent from the official website while at work and its about 4gb, I'll transfer it to my desktop at home but my internet is junk, I'm afraid I'll be patching all week. 800mb will probably take 6-8 hours or so.

Getting 786k down speed at work, at home I'll be lucky if I hit 60kps.

Walshicus

So how long of a wait am I going to look forwards to being able to play because of patches? Downloading the torrent from the official website while at work and its about 4gb, I'll transfer it to my desktop at home but my internet is junk, I'm afraid I'll be patching all week. 800mb will probably take 6-8 hours or so.

Getting 786k down speed at work, at home I'll be lucky if I hit 60kps.

If you're getting the latest version from the website, I can't imagine there's much to DL with this patch. You might get 100Mb or so of *actual* download, providing you leave the default "patch on demand" option active.

Vlodril

if you get the latest you should be set. I dont know what was wrong with it.. it took 4 hours to do about 2 giga of patches (no idea how much it actually patched). Anyway got in afterwards saw we have an embassy now donated a bit.

After installing the 4gb download at home, it wanted another 1.4gb patch. Then I see the option to disable downloading while playing and have it download all the assets now, so I clicked that. Its an additional 6+gb.

I'll have to download all of it before playing, or my connection will just lag to crap if its also trying to download in the background at the same time. Might be a few more days before I get to play.

Walshicus

Alright, I guess my handle is Sonata Dark@sonatadark. Starting with an Engineering character.

I've sent you an invite! Join up and you can access the Fleet Bank for items that should help you along. Get to T5 and I'll throw in a free ship
a Mirror Universe variant of your choice
. :)

Dizzy-4U

If you're planning on playing this game for quite some time, like 5 months or more, would you guys recommend paying the subscription fee?

Carcetti

I haven't kept up with the game, but... does season seven have any new KDF ships that do not come in lockboxes like the timeships?

DarthWoo

If you're planning on playing this game for quite some time, like 5 months or more, would you guys recommend paying the subscription fee?

What you can do is pay a sub for a month or three, level up all your characters within that time, and you'll have permanent access to most of the perks of a sub even after your sub expires. Those perks include a respec token upon ranking up, extra bank and inventory slots, extra bridge officer and ship slots, and probably some other things I've forgotten. If you don't want to deal with a recurring sub that you'll have to cancel, you can try to find a cheap retail copy of the game and use the included code for a free months of sub time. The extra inventory slots really do help out a lot.

Dizzy-4U

What you can do is pay a sub for a month or three, level up all your characters within that time, and you'll have permanent access to most of the perks of a sub even after your sub expires. Those perks include a respec token upon ranking up, extra bank and inventory slots, extra bridge officer and ship slots, and probably some other things I've forgotten. If you don't want to deal with a recurring sub that you'll have to cancel, you can try to find a cheap retail copy of the game and use the included code for a free months of sub time. The extra inventory slots really do help out a lot.
Ok, that's cool. I'm thinking maybe a 3 months sub to start. No way in hell I can level up all my characters in a month. Thanks.

I'll join the gaf fleet once I level my science character a little bit more.

edit: Done, 3 months sub purchased. See you guys on the other side and death to Bajor!!

Top Bottom