• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskrosbbk

Guys help me understand something.How do I link the game to the companion app?I already have both logged with my PS4 username,but on the app I see some credits to spend which are not transfered to my PS4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guys help me understand something.How do I link the game to the companion app?I already have both logged with my PS4 username,but on the app I see some credits to spend which are not transfered to my PS4.
Make sure you're signed in on the same Origin account for both. The credits I earned in the app last week were there when I started the game last night, nothing to do on my end.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Reached level 8 just now. I'm having a TON of fun! :D

I didn't know that Star Cards can be upgraded, that should add a fair bit to the unlock progression. I admit the blaster choices are a little lacking.

Also, it seems I don't see a lot of powerups? Or are people to quick to get 'em?

I also don't to play as any Hero since everyone is on the lookout for the powerups. I did manage to get my first one earlier, picked Han and went on a 16-kill rampage. :D

My only complaint so far? Walker Assault being only on four maps -- especially since it's the game's bread and butter mode. I'm genuinely excited to see what Battlefront 2 (or even the Season Pass) will bring, as DICE has already nailed down the core gameplay and graphics down. They can focus all attention on more maps, deeper progression (since people really do want that).

If you're on the fence, and a Star Wars fan, jump in! You'll love it. I kinda laugh at the "it's only a 7 or an 8 score LOLOL" comments. An 8 or even a 7 is a damn good score -- especially for a multiplayer-only game. :)

EDIT: Need help on something, GAF. How do I partner with someone once I proceed to the next game and I'm not partnered?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've seen some footage of people with black and gold StarCards and I think they look way nicer than the standard white. I initially thought it was linked to what team you were playing on (Light versus Dark) but that's not the case. I've dug through the menus to find a HUD option but can't. What's the deal with those?

I've seen some footage of people with black and gold StarCards and I think they look way nicer than the standard white. I initially thought it was linked to what team you were playing on (Light versus Dark) but that's not the case. I've dug through the menus to find a HUD option but can't. What's the deal with those?

When you upgrade a card (approx 7k to do so) it will turn into a black card, which has faster cooldown basically.

Go to your stats, then cards, and then upgrade from there.

Mindlog

Bobba Fett rips it up in aerial... whatever the name of the mode is.
Was having a great time until that turd Han Solo rammed me. We both died.

Any point of getting this on PC? I feel like the community will die within a few weeks...

It's cheaper on PC if you buy in the right place and in game there is text chat too, it also runs and looks better.

Think the game will do fine on PC, maybe not retain as many players as console but is the kind of game I'll keep installed to play when I get the urge.

Spacejaws

Xbox One controller not being recognized on PC. Just checked and it works fine with Dragon Age. Is there some setting I should enable?

signia70

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless of opinion, you have to admit that DICE has done a great job with this game as far as frame rate, quality etc. Does this make up for the botched BF4 launch? Do we have confidence in DICE again?

Sounds like a bug. It does 50 dmg up close but only 19 at range (past 40 meters): http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-charts

That's only for body shots. Getting at least one headshot past 19m will often still result in a 2-shot kill, probably up to 30-35m. Beyond that, the DL-44 is pants at medium to long range. There are just a lot more opportunities for close-quarters shooting in this game, as only 4 of the 13 maps (2 of the 8 infantry modes) have any real range to them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Regardless of opinion, you have to admit that DICE has done a great job with this game as far as frame rate, quality etc. Does this make up for the botched BF4 launch? Do we have confidence in DICE again?
The game is really well polished, something I did not expect. Even with the complaints about content, I'm glad they scoped it so they could have a quality game out in time for the movie instead of another BF4 launch.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with how well this runs.
Framerate is perfect, matchmaking is super quick, and I haven't noticed any lag or hit detection issues.

Koutsoubas

I installed it to an SSD and I literally enter and respawn instantly. Fantastic job optimizing the game with extraordinary graphics.

Gotta wonder how garbage are the Engines of other game studios that we all know and love. I push 150fps with the 980Ti @1080p and other games cant even sustain 70fps at the same Res.

Yeah after trying 3rd person the first 8 hours or so I just couldn't do it. I'd screw up too much and shoot into corners and a ton of crap infront of me. I've got Radar Scan to give me my 3rd person advantage in 1st.

Hey, I got a question!

Is there any real difference between the X-Wing and the A-Wing? And similarly between the Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor? I can't see too much of a difference, even when flipping between the two in Fighter Squadron.

arimanius

Finally got a few games in. Mostly played walker assault and a couple of Droid captures. The graphics are beautiful. The sound is ok IMO. Just not feeling the combat right now. Something about it isn't feeling right to me. Seems like my guy doesn't have any weight to him or something if that makes sense.

JTripper

Anyone having trophy/achievement troubles? I know for a fact I won in every playlist at least once, including Hero Hunt just now, but the trophy never popped. Also, I got the most kills in a Blast game 3 times, trophy never popped.

Hey, I got a question!

Is there any real difference between the X-Wing and the A-Wing? And similarly between the Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor? I can't see too much of a difference, even when flipping between the two in Fighter Squadron.

I don't really see much difference between shooting at both Tie's but FOR SURE it is harder to shoot A-Wings than X-Wings. I'm just talking normal lasers here not missiles. They are just a smaller target.

The only benefit of staying with the "standard" is that you blend in with the other AI since they only are default. If you see an A-Wing or an Interceptor that is a player 100% and you should get on that ass.

antonz

Endor has become such a clusterfuck. The Empire doesn't even try anymore because its so broken they just sit out in the open and fight ignoring the consoles because it doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom