• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still potentially not convinced on the game or unsure as to whether or not you will like it?

Well, hopefully I can help you :) I run a series called "FIRST HOUR!", where basically I just check out the first hour or so, of new games to help show people what to expect. Latest episode just went up and it is about Battlefront!

This might be able to show you a little more about the game and what to expect from a punter's point of view. Not a journalist or reviewer, just normal guy putting in the game and playing. Hope I can help, or that if you check it out you enjoy it!

mqdefault.webp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol9XFetKlX0

Hey man, just a heads up because I saw you posting about this in a few Star Wars threads. Tread carefully, self promotion is frowned upon pretty heavily on the site, and especially given that you're a junior, there may not be a warning. Posting your first look, or review in the OT is completely fine. But going to all the different Star Wars threads in a big no no.

RiamuBME

Hey man, just a heads up because I saw you posting about this in a few Star Wars threads. Tread carefully, self promotion is frowned upon pretty heavily on the site, and especially given that you're a junior, there may not be a warning. Posting your first look, or review in the OT is completely fine. But going to all the different Star Wars threads in a big no no.

No problem man! Thanks for the heads up :)

Just want to help people with this game, it is a pretty even 50:50 split on people's opinions.

Ozorov

Guys help me out here. Just bought the game for the PS4 but as soon as I get into the Vader minigame, it says that the game is already 100% installed. Now I played the Beta so I removed all those files including the save files and restarted my PS4. Yet it still shows the install is at 100 when I start up.

Have you tried to remove all content then put the disc back in again? Not just the beta files

Boba is ridiculous on Tatooine. Always some guy going 40-0.

But by god, bar the top 3, my entire team had 0 kills as Rebels and like 10+ deaths each. Only me and one other guy went positive, albeit barely.

Boba is ridiculous on Tatooine. Always some guy going 40-0.

But by god, bar the top 3, my entire team had 0 kills as Rebels and like 10+ deaths each. Only me and one other guy went positive, albeit barely.

Me and my buddy were dominating yesterday every match. 100+ kills together and maybe 10 deaths for each of us...

Rest of our team and the enemy team got negativ 10+...

No problem man! Thanks for the heads up :)

Just want to help people with this game, it is a pretty even 50:50 split on people's opinions.

No sweat, I probably overstated a bit, the mods probably would just pm you in the future. I just wanted to clarify to save you the trouble, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting here though. I'll check it out later, I've already made up my mind on the game for now. But I always like to check out Gaffers content. I saw your video on the SWTOR OT as well. The name is kind of a Misnomer though right? I mean it's your first hour of play broken down, but not actually an hour of gameplay usually right?

chiliboy

Anyone have some tips or a compilation of tips for a newbie? I have only done three tutorial missions so far since im in the middle of moving and busy at work.

I have the deluxe edition so the DL-44 is unlocked.

Im on PC, are there any special settings I should do? Like sensitivity change in vehicle/on foot?

I dont understand how evolve got higher reviews than this game?

There's a lot of hate upon the title for various reasons: no campaign, EA, DICE (BF4 launch issues), famous IP, etc. People forgot to actually play the damn game and just complained about it.

I'm seriously having fun with this game as I haven't in many years.

There's a lot of hate upon the title for various reasons: no campaign, EA, DICE (BF4 launch issues), famous IP, etc. People forgot to actually play the damn game and just complained about it.

I'm seriously having fun with this game as I haven't in many years.

Except they didn't? Most the criticism comes from those who have played "the damn game." Most absolutely loved what was there, the problem is how much of it was there. It sucks to play walker assault or any other mode, and be back on the same map just a few games later. It just doesn't feel like there's enough variety. The core gameplay is phenomenal, that's not the issue. So making those statements like people are whining for no reason is pretty rediculous.

RiamuBME

No sweat, I probably overstated a bit, the mods probably would just pm you in the future. I just wanted to clarify to save you the trouble, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting here though. I'll check it out later, I've already made up my mind on the game for now. But I always like to check out Gaffers content. I saw your video on the SWTOR OT as well. The name is kind of a Misnomer though right? I mean it's your first hour of play broken down, but not actually an hour of gameplay usually right?

Thanks dude :)

Yes, correct. It is the actual first hour of the game, from the moment you boot it up up until 60 minutes of past. Granted with this game basically only being MP focused it was a little different and I just went for my first sixty minute experience, broken down.

slash3584

Playing drop zone the other day and counted 6 times a teammate walked right past an unguarded pod, or started guarding it without capturing it. I had to do all the work capturing the pods.

This.

I've seen lots of people just running past capture points. Even droids in droid run.

Except they didn't? Most the criticism comes from those who have played "the damn game." Most absolutely loved what was there, the problem is how much of it was there. It sucks to play walker assault or any other mode, and be back on the same map just a few games later. It just doesn't feel like there's enough variety. The core gameplay is phenomenal, that's not the issue. So making those statements like people are whining for no reason is pretty rediculous.

Most of the criticism I see comes from people who haven't played the game, saying they won't buy because there's little content. Also, people who played just the beta, which had very little to show of the actual final game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This.

I've seen lots of people just running past capture points. Even droids in droid run.

Honestly every single mode on my end is heavily populated by people who either don't know or care about the objective.

I also have seen this. It makes the game really frustrating. I don't understand why people elect to go in those gametypes if they don't want to play that game type.

The K/D... its super important xD

Ive played a round of Cargo where i had 40+ kills, 10 deaths, stopped 10 cargo carrier and i got 5 cargo packs.

I basicly did everything in that match lol

bombshell

This.

Droids are automatically captured once you've started the capture, right? At least that is my impression so far, that you don't have to stay around it to keep capturing it.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
IS there anyway to see the Player count in Battlefront like in BF4 Stats. ???

I'd like to see how many people play this ??

Anyway i just got my copy today. Cant wait until i go home from work/

Phinor

The game is basically half-dead on PC already if you want to play anything but the most popular game modes. They really messed up by having so many game modes (and so few maps). Adding even more game modes with the season pass is just stupid at this point.

Also no server browser so you can't even see where the people are (again, aside from the few most popular game modes).

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Can't say I'm a big star wars fan. Sure, I enjoyed the movies and plan on seeing the new one but this is the first star wars product I've bought in my life. I don't regret it a single bit. So much damn fun. DICE have done such an amazing job. I will definitely be buying the season pass.

chiliboy

The game is basically half-dead on PC already if you want to play anything but the most popular game modes. They really messed up by having so many game modes (and so few maps). Adding even more game modes with the season pass is just stupid at this point.

Also no server browser so you can't even see where the people are (again, aside from the few most popular game modes).

Where do you live?

In EU its only around 11 am to 1 pm so most people are in school/job. It's nowhere near half dead xD

slash3584

Honestly every single mode on my end is heavily populated by people who either don't know or care about the objective.

Yeah It's kinda expected.

I mean, my brother who is a huge Star Wars fan and the last game he finished is probably Quake 2 on PC, bought a PS4 just to shoot things in the Star Wars universe.

But I expect that in a week or two the playerbase will be a lot more competitive.

Droids are automatically captured once you've started the capture, right? At least that is my impression so far, that you don't have to stay around it to keep capturing it.

Yeah that's how it works. but these guys didn't even start the capture xD

Kronik

Banned
Any tips with Walker Assault and Supremacy? I suck at those so hard I feel like I've never played a shooter before unlike modes like Blast.

Don't rush the objectives like a mad man, stay back, spot enemies in the distance. You can deal lots of damage on range.

Oh man I feel the same. I dominate in Drop Zone and TDM, but I have no idea how should I play the 40 player game modes :(((

It just feels like I spawn, run forwards, die from nowhere, respawn, repeat.

More tips would be welcome.

after a few days on the market? dude... stop.

Anyone sticking with first person and having success? I have gone with third because of the widened field of view but I have always preferred FPS to TPS so I'm secretly hoping first person is not only viable but a solid option. I'm thinking about switching back tonight and just giving it a shot for a few matches.

Anyone sticking with first person and having success? I have gone with third because of the widened field of view but I have always preferred FPS to TPS so I'm secretly hoping first person is not only viable but a solid option. I'm thinking about switching back tonight and just giving it a shot for a few matches.

Yep,

1stperson4lyfe

jeemer

I think you can get away with playing first person as long as you're smart about it - you might want to toggle 3rd if you want to peek over a ledge or round a corner.

That said, I play first person for every other game like this, but I just run third person in battlefront. It just seems to suit it.

Ruze789

I can't find my gun. When I use the EE-3 I get killed constantly by the T-21. When I use the T-21 I get killed constantly by the EE-3.

I was so pumped last night to unlock and buy the EE-3, and then I totally sucked with it for the rest of the night. I really want to stick with it until I improve though, it's my favorite blaster in all of Star Wars.

N30RYU

I need tips on what weapon to use... I'm lvl 25 with all weapons unlocked but either I'm really bad aiming with sensibility at 35 on XBO or I don't choose the best weapons... I normally use the RT-97C for it's rate of fire... but I get outshooted 50/50 all the time even starting the shootout first leaving the enemies with 10~30 HP left...

I didn't get more than 10-11 kills and 8-9 deaths.

MrDaravon

Anyone?

Some real quick noob questions:

-On the AT-ST R1 homing missile attack, do you have to hold the lock-on button and continue to follow the fighter (or whatever I guess) until it hits it? I couldn't tell from the tutorial what kind of leniency I had with it.

-I'm kind of baffled on some of the weapons; like for example comparing the DLT-19 to the RT-97C on paper the RT is better hands-down across the board. Are there other factors at play in-game like recoil or something that would make that a choice, or are some weapons just flat out better than others? I guess I assumed that all of the weapons would be trade-offs.

Woorloog

Banned

I play pretty much exclusively in first person (except in vehicles), and i do reasonably well.

(FOV is set at 68 or so (ie 100 horizontal).)

I dislike third person view and don't see it as really advantageous. Honestly, to me FOV for both 1st and 3rd person looks like the same. The camera's further back in third person so it does allow peeking behind corners, i guess, but the game's mobile enough i rarely have time for such (or i can just do it in first person view).

And it makes me hit walls instead, in tight places and when partially behind cover.

I still can't hit anything with the RT but i do reasonably well with DLT. I assume there's bullet velocity and other things not shown... or DICE has screwed up.

Oh man I feel the same. I dominate in Drop Zone and TDM, but I have no idea how should I play the 40 player game modes :(((

It just feels like I spawn, run forwards, die from nowhere, respawn, repeat.

More tips would be welcome.

Well as I said, it's easy to spot enemies in the distance, so just avoid being one of the guys running around in open space.

HAL-x9000

Difference is not to big I think. I´m playing first person 95% and was the MVP sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom