• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

You think it's a coincidence that all MP shooters these days launch with some form of player progression? They just implement those systems for kicks?

Expectations change with time and if you think the majority of players don't expect player progression in a modern shooter you are delusional or haven't been paying attention.
I do feel there should be some progression, never said otherwise. I only said this game would benefit from all weapons unlocked at the start, but that doesn’t mean no progression unlocks in the game. This is why I used Warhawk as a comparison, as they did this and it worked well. Not trying to split hairs with you but again, I feel uf all weapons were unlocked in BF from the start given it’s casual nature, along with character customization unlocks (plenty of opportunity there in the canon SW universe) , unlockable traits, star cards, troop options, etc. would fulfill the progression need for those who don’t enjoy games without it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
God I love this game.
Its alittle bare bones sure but man is it fun....im at about 9hrs play now loving every moment. This will likely be my first season pass ever...im just too much of a Star wars nut. Surely EA/Dice know they are printing $$$

They do know....and quit calling me Shirley

I do feel there should be some progression, never said otherwise. I only said this game would benefit from all weapons unlocked at the start, but that doesn’t mean no progression unlocks in the game. This is why I used Warhawk as a comparison, as they did this and it worked well. Not trying to split hairs with you but again, I feel uf all weapons were unlocked in BF from the start given it’s casual nature, along with character customization unlocks (plenty of opportunity there in the canon SW universe) , unlockable traits, star cards, troop options, etc. would fulfill the progression need for those who don’t enjoy games without it.
I don't disagree with that. A system where all of the primary weapons are unlocked and the rest of the unlocks are progression based would be an improvement over what we have, in my opinion. Right now it feels like the game has progression shoehorned in because it's expected, not because it makes the game better. Personally I think that's because DICE is trying to stick with the common standard in shooters.

N30RYU

Any XBO users??

Please ley me know if you use aim assinst ON/Off and your camera sensivility, please.

Does the xbox colombien Ultimate Ed. Onclude the Jakku DLC?

Lrrr

Anyone sticking with first person and having success? I have gone with third because of the widened field of view but I have always preferred FPS to TPS so I'm secretly hoping first person is not only viable but a solid option. I'm thinking about switching back tonight and just giving it a shot for a few matches.

I thought I would play this in third person to mimic the old Battlefront games, but I find first-person so good, that's what I sticking with. It's nice DICE included the option though.

Lately I haven't been playing anything other than Heroes vs Villains. It's almost stupid easy to rack up 10k points in a single match. I haven't been playing with a coordinated group, either. Not to mention, it's fun as hell.

MNC

I'm now convinced the only real modes are supremacy and walker assault and the rest minigames. I couldn't even start a game of droid hunt because I could never get a full party going.

ISee

BTW what happened to their fair and even playground policy? There are always those two or three players dominating everybody else with a 4 or even 5:1 KD ratio. I mean okay, they are better. I have no problem with that, but I seriously bought the game because I thought it would allow good players to play against other good players and not mix it up. It is not even fun anymore

Fegraeus: The nature of the matchmaker that we have is to just ensure that people have a fair and even playground. That's the thing. We want all Star Wars fans to be able to play this game and have a good time, and in doing that, we want to make sure that whenever players jump in, they get matchmade to players of their own level, their own skill, so they can have fun and a fair playing field.

I mean seriously that was a fucking lie!

Is there a list of people from NeoGAF who have this on PC?

I need more friends on Origin to play with. You can add me too, my username is GoncaloCastro.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If anybody wants to add me on PC my Origin name is ConsumeProgeny (because EA banned me from using EatChildren). Note that I'm in Australia so I don't have interest in playing with anybody outside my bubble of shitty internet, but feel free to add me regardless.

didn't think we were gonna make it with only two y-wings on the last set

then someone made a heroic sacrifice at the end

True hero.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
didn't think we were gonna make it with only two y-wings on the last set

then someone made a heroic sacrifice at the end

oo5nvqk

Lately I haven't been playing anything other than Heroes vs Villains. It's almost stupid easy to rack up 10k points in a single match. I haven't been playing with a coordinated group, either. Not to mention, it's fun as hell.

Secretly the best game mode. I love the interplay between all of the heroes and their abilities. Should be even more interesting when we have more choices for heroes thrown into the mix.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is going to make some people mad, but the benefit of the lack of maps in Supremacy and Walker Assault that the other modes have been getting some good play time. DICE's games are usually dead in other modes and I'm having tons of fun jumping between them.

Got this on PC last night and had some trouble getting full teams. Would it be wise to just ride it out or see if I might have better luck on PS4?

This is going to make some people mad, but the benefit of the lack of maps in Supremacy and Walker Assault that the other modes have been getting some good play time. DICE's games are usually dead in other modes and I'm having tons of fun jumping between them.

That's one way to solve the "half the modes are never played" DICE problem :p

What's the consensus with 1st vs 3rd person aiming?

I can't make up my damn mind :-/

I find it easier to aim in 1st, but you give up more peripheral vision and seeing those sweet ass storm trooper models. Lawd

MattyG

Banned
I'm absolutely awful at aiming. I turned the sensitivity down to 10% (PC, 360 pad) and I'm still overshooting my targets.

What mode should I be playing? I've played some Blast, Hero Hunt, the other Hero one, and fighter squadron. None of them have really clicked yet.

Klocker

Yep variety for a change in game modes.

Goodlife

I know I'm probably behind the times... I don't play this type of game very often... But isn't there a "campaign" in this game?

Klocker

What's the consensus with 1st vs 3rd person aiming?

I can't make up my damn mind :-/

I find it easier to aim in 1st, but you give up more peripheral vision and seeing those sweet ass storm trooper models. Lawd
I'm also confused I perform better in third person, which I've never done before and I enjoy first person better, but I seem to suck.

Never was any good at third person games this one feels so much better and my long time game has been fps battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom