• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFORTOM

Neo Member
Anyone else experiencing severe connection issues on PC (particularly fellow Australians)? I have yet to find a server where my latency was below 200, and I can't win a gunfight as a result, which has all but completely sapped the fun out of the game. It isn't my internet, as it has more than adequate speeds for online play, as evident by every other online game I play.

This Skill based match-making seems to be a MASSIVE problem, seeing as it prioritizes skill over location, and the lack of server browser means I can't select a server close to me. If I didn't buy a Physical copy I'd be getting a refund from Origin... but I don't know what I can do at this stage. Just hoping that it's a week one thing that'll get sorted out swiftly, otherwise this was a waste of money, which is a shame, because I otherwise like the game, and the BETA played absolutely fine.

Anyone else in a similar boat?

RedAssedApe

Banned
i'm a moron and didn't realize the green sniper rifle is a charge weapon...was wonder why the fuck there is that delay in firing and and did so little damage lol

MilkyJoe

Game is the very definition of style over substance. Walker Assault on Endor is, however, the greatest multi-player experience of modern times. The fighter squadron Rebel ships have way to much head wobble in cockpit view.

I'm glad I got this for almost free... I'd be pissed if I paid £40+ for it.

Warablo

At a certain point you have to look past what is in the original trilogy movies and make some decisions based off of game design. DICE went for complete accuracy to the movies and as a result this game is a step back in every way from BF4.

This is what I thought DICE would do. Be a amazing Star Wars game with the depth of Battlefield.

Sadly it is not the case, its still a cool Star Wars game, but I wanted more I guess.

DOWN

Banned
At a certain point you have to look past what is in the original trilogy movies and make some decisions based off of game design. DICE went for complete accuracy to the movies and as a result this game is a step back in every way from BF4.
It's a casual shooter. Not everything needs tinkering and grinding for days and days. The game is meant for the same people who understand Garden Warfare. It's for your uncle, your roommate, and your young teenage son. The whole point is fun in the Star Wars chaos. It doesn't need what Battlefield 4 is after.

More maps is the only true complaint the game is getting.

Faceache

If anything is going to push me away from this game, it's the out of control grenade spam.

People don't even bother aiming them, just randomly launch them across the map in the general direction of the enemy.

MDave

What sort of things would bring this up to the depth of BF4? I haven't played BF4 or any CODS past BLOPS2 so I can't make any comparisons, but is it the things like earning skins and mods for weapons, custom game modes (set player limit, score limit, weapon sets etc)?

What sort of things would bring this up to the depth of BF4? I haven't played BF4 or any CODS past BLOPS2 so I can't make any comparisons, but is it the things like earning skins and mods for weapons, custom game modes (set player limit, score limit, weapon sets etc)?

Weapon Skins and Customization doesnt fit into the Star Wars universe... I dont want weapons with grips, acogs etc...

People need to stop slapping every 0815 shooter mechanic into a new game.

Mik2121

Game is the very definition of style over substance. Walker Assault on Endor is, however, the greatest multi-player experience of modern times. The fighter squadron Rebel ships have way to much head wobble in cockpit view.

I'm glad I got this for almost free... I'd be pissed if I paid £40+ for it.

How so? If you mean style over quantity, sure. But the game itself is quite fun to play, has a bunch of game modes and, yeah, it looks stunning.

It would have been nice if they included more maps, even if they were just variations of the 4 planets with different settings (small, foggy and sunset, large, rain and night, etc...)

Oh well... :(

And yeah this game lacks customization but then again that'd be hard to do with Star Wars... maybe some super minor details to change or something?... eh...

MDave

Weapon Skins and Customization doesnt fit into the Star Wars universe... I dont want weapons with grips, acogs etc...

People need to stop slapping every 0815 shooter mechanic into a new game.

Yeah, it would basically be a battlefield mod with a Star Wars skin, which I'm guessing is what people were expecting. It needs to be its own game, and its off to an interesting start with some of the asymmetric multiplayer modes, and jet packs and heroes.

Paasei

Does anyone else often feel like they are fighting AI? So many peole just don't move when they get shot.

Lol, I wish that would happen to me sometimes. They always slip away when they require one more hit to go down. Most annoying thing ever.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How so? If you mean style over quantity, sure. But the game itself is quite fun to play, has a bunch of game modes and, yeah, it looks stunning.

It would have been nice if they included more maps, even if they were just variations of the 4 planets with different settings (small, foggy and sunset, large, rain and night, etc...)

Oh well... :(

And yeah this game lacks customization but then again that'd be hard to do with Star Wars... maybe some super minor details to change or something?... eh...

imagining a foggy covered or rain soaked endor...and some sandstorms on tatooine or snowstorms on hoth with taun tauns hnrghhh.

Mik2121

imagining a foggy covered or rain soaked endor...and some sandstorms on tatooine or snowstorms on hoth with taun tauns hnrghhh.

Exactly. Make them different using weather, time of day and sizes, and that by itself should give quite some variation. Make more indoors to give to extra variations as well as maybe trying to make some nice setups with, say, a large ship crashed in the middle of the battle area, or part of Endor where there's a lake or something, etc...

It shouldn't be too costly, considering they got their assets ready and most time of day settings are almost copy pasted from other locations, etc... they still need to do level design and lots of proper testing and debugging, which is obviously a lot, but not as much as creating a new planet!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Hero hunt is trash
Actually when you play as the Hero it's incredibly fun to play against a whole team.

If you however die a lot and can't kill the hero, it's quite frustrating.

But then again, if you think about it. How could they have made it better? I see people saying that the next Hero should be the one who has done the most damage, but the problem there is that after a while some people would just stop shooting, because they can only die and have no chance to become the Hero.

Actually when you play as the Hero it's incredibly fun to play against a whole team.

If you however die a lot and can't kill the hero, it's quite frustrating.

But then again, if you think about it. How could they have made it better? I see people saying that the next Hero should be the one who has done the most damage, but the problem there is that after a while some people would just stop shooting, because they can only die and have no chance to become the Hero.

A friend suggested something like rotating the hero at certain intervals? So at the start of the match, the game randomly decides I get to be the hero for X amount of time. After that amount of time passes, the next player in line automatically becomes the hero, and so on (immediately rotate the hero if the current hero dies). After every player has been the hero once or twice, the game ends and whoever got the most kills during their turn(s) wins. Just an idea. The concept of Hero Hunt is awesome, but the finer details need some serious work imo.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
A friend suggested something like rotating the hero at certain intervals? So at the start of the match, the game randomly decides I get to be the hero for X amount of time. After that amount of time passes, the next player in line automatically becomes the hero, and so on. After every player has been the hero once or twice, the game ends and whoever got the most kills during their turn(s) wins. Just an idea. The concept of Hero Hunt is awesome, but the finer details need some serious work imo.
No that wouldn't be better I guess. Why Would you bother fighting the Hero and probably die a few times if you just random get to be one eventually?

I think it's pretty difficult to make it better.

Anyone has any ideai how evolve does it? Its the same concept

Yopis

Been having an issue. Every match says I have lost connection to EA servers. Could this be a port issue? Nat type is 2 and no issues with any other game online. First day I bought,could play fine. Now every game type I get this message.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'd rather see the Hero go to the player that has dealt the most damage rather than the finishing shot. Would encourage players to deal as much as possible rather than sit back and wait.

No that wouldn't be better I guess. Why Would you bother fighting the Hero and probably die a few times if you just random get to be one eventually?

I think it's pretty difficult to make it better.

Anyone has any ideai how evolve does it? Its the same concept

Either bonus points for damaging the hero, or working together to kill the hero quickly and reduce their kill potential I guess. It certainly can't be worse than the lucksack way it is now. If one player lucks out and becomes the hero twice or three times in a single game, it can be almost impossible to catch him if the rest of the heroes are more or less evenly distributed among the other players. Lucking out and getting that last shot on the hero has incredible ramifications for it being just that - happening to be in the right place at the right time.

In Evolve you win as a team. If the hunters kill the monster a single time, the hunters all win the match. If the monster kills the hunters, the monster wins. It isn't like Hero Hunt where every player in the game is ultimately out for themselves. The hunters are considered a single entity as it concerns winners and losers.

Been having an issue. Every match says I have lost connection to EA servers. Could this be a port issue? Nat type is 2 and no issues with any other game online. First day I bought,could play fine. Now every game type I get this message.

Having the same problem at the moment. Last half hour or so.

just try. Do you have the recommended Sony ports open?

i didnt play today so maybe its an EA Server Problem.

I'd rather see the Hero go to the player that has dealt the most damage rather than the finishing shot. Would encourage players to deal as much as possible rather than sit back and wait.

this. So many times i was shooting at the hero like crazy only to overheat my weapon and somebody else jump in an steal my kill... very discouraging.

Am I the only one who finds very distracting the little arrow that appears during sprint?
http://imgur.com/V3477wm

dont think i noticed that arrow^^ but thanks now i will ^^XD

Yeah, now if you want to win it, you gotta wait until other players have done enough damage and then drop an artillery strike or homing shot to get the kill.

Then camp in a small corridor as the hero to rack up kills. Did this once to get the win from that mode. Never playing it again :D

Game would be fun with a full team of friends i guess.

Klyka

Banned
I really have a hard time dealing with the weapons in this game.
The way they shoot,the way the lasers fly, the travel time and the sometimes really weird damage (sometimes more,sometimes less) is just totally throwing me off after playing BLOPS3 or the BFs.

I keep getting the drop on people or shooting them from afar and they take barely any damage while I seem to hear a hit sound and die immediately.

Same in Fighter Squadron where I hear a hit sound on my shit and am immediately dead while I need 5 seconds of constant hits to kill an enemy.

Yup, basically the reason I stopped playing that mode.
Knock them down like 90% get killed and some guy gets 1 hit on them a gets the kill.

heringer

I really have a hard time dealing with the weapons in this game.
The way they shoot,the way the lasers fly, the travel time and the sometimes really weird damage (sometimes more,sometimes less) is just totally throwing me off after playing BLOPS3 or the BFs.

I keep getting the drop on people or shooting them from afar and they take barely any damage while I seem to hear a hit sound and die immediately.

Same in Fighter Squadron where I hear a hit sound on my shit and am immediately dead while I need 5 seconds of constant hits to kill an enemy.

It could be lag.

But yeah, the lasers are too slow for my tastes too. I get it's to be authentic but I would rather have they made just like bullets.

def sim

jgRENE8.gif

I sure hope this gets fixed soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom