• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Having had game since launch I only got around to playing yesterday (iron banner in destiny kept me busy). For the first few matches homing shot annoyed the hell out of me. Then I learnt to run and turn lots of corners and hide behind scenery.

I've found I've had to massively change my fps play style for this game. Normally I can just run and gun and outshoot most opponents. I've found i am getting shot in the back a lot and there is so much cover that you never really know where the next shot is coming from.

What is the radar like for an SA tool. It seems really inconsistent for me. As I've had people be right in front of me and not appear on it, whilst those far away are. Is there anywhere that explains how it works? Does crouching remove you from it? Is your position only highlighted whilst firing?

You show up when you sprint or when you fire your weapon.
Unless you have scout equipped,then you don't, lel

Memory

AT-STs aren't fun anymore. They're taken down in seconds now that people have advanced and taken more advanced weapons :/

This is actually annoying in Walker assault, the amount of people I see wasting orbital strikes, bazookas,ion grenades etc on AT-ST's then only having lasers to shoot the AT-AT's is ridiculous.

I think they will need to buff AT-ST's and AT-AT's in a couple of weeks when most the player base knows how to play and have access to the higher gear.

fritolay

While I understand the lack of content causing complaints and lower rated scores, I am really excited for this game.
1) Dice has done an excellent job with long term support of their flagship game BF4. They are still updating and releasing maps after over 2 years since game was released
2) The graphics and sound are awesome. The frostbite engine seems outstanding and more content and game adjustments can make the game better

I am excited for this games future. Whether you think the price for the content is in addition to full base game price is another consideration, I do think it will be worth the investment. I can't wait for BF5.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Well, I had to return the Redbox copy last night, but I made my first ever account with GameFly to take advantage of their trial and rent the game through them. Maybe I'm poor as hell this month, sure, but I'm finding poor-people ways to handle it. I didn't expect to like Battlefront enough to wind up doing something like this, though. Man, it's fun -- and I never play FPS games.

Definitely buying when I can.

Theorry

I preordered the game on the Xbox Store. Even bought the pre order edition but didnt need to download anything that has something to do with Jakku?

GRaider81

I wish they had some of the races unlock between level 25-40

Seems like there is a whole lot of grinding with no reward between those levels.

So this is a little random but for anyone with Halo 5 and this game, which game seemed to hold up better for online play? I had some weird problems with Halo 5 every so often and so did my friends. Our connections are usually okay, too, so it's weird we were getting some bad lag when Halo 5 has dedicated servers.

So this is a little random but for anyone with Halo 5 and this game, which game seemed to hold up better for online play? I had some weird problems with Halo 5 every so often and so did my friends. Our connections are usually okay, too, so it's weird we were getting some bad lag when Halo 5 has dedicated servers.

Battlefront.

I never had any issues with Halo 5 on my end (NA) both games have run rather well for me.

This is actually annoying in Walker assault, the amount of people I see wasting orbital strikes, bazookas,ion grenades etc on AT-ST's then only having lasers to shoot the AT-AT's is ridiculous.

I think they will need to buff AT-ST's and AT-AT's in a couple of weeks when most the player base knows how to play and have access to the higher gear.
lol

I knew this was going to happen when everyone was complaining about how it was impossible to win as the rebels in the beta. Different game entirely when all of the options for taking down AT-ATs are at your disposal.

Machina

Banned

Battlefront has been diamond solid apart from a bit of server lag

Lacix

Maybe they could add shield special ability to AT-STs.

Woorloog

Banned
I have no idea if i've got Jakku or not. Pre-ordered PC Retail copy... the case has this "Battle of Jakku" leaf inside, with some SWTOR redeemable item on the other side. No code or key or anything i'd imagine is for unlocking Jakku.

EDIT And somewhat ironically, the url on the leaflet gives 404.

Jobbs, I...

You can definitely play them sneakily. Utilize cover areas which is easy on all the maps, especially endor. I got 23 kills in one yesterday.
Waiting for the AT-AT to catch up and provide moving cover is really helpful as well.

BF runs like butta. Ive had some issues every once in a while with H5 but its relatively solid as well.

Woorloog

Banned
You can definitely play them sneakily. Utilize cover areas which is easy on all the maps, especially endor. I got 23 kills in one yesterday.
Waiting for the AT-AT to catch up and provide moving cover is really helpful as well.

One doesn't even have to be sneaky if they're playing against my team, because i'm the only person with the Ion Torpedo, every frigging time. At least until i get bored of carrying it when i can't do anything with it alone and switch to a grenade.

Risgroo

How many maps will be? Also, any more free maps coming in the future?

2 maps IIRC, so it's likely we'll get one large map for Supremacy, Walker Assault and Fighter squadron, as well as a smaller one for the other modes.

Wouldn't count on any more free maps, but you never know!

bosseye

Urgh, some people. I had a go at playing Cargo, and its a really fun mode with some nice maps, however I played a couple of games on the Tatooine map last night where the opposing team made no attempt to get the cargo; they just boosted up onto the Millenium Falcon and from there up onto the outer ring above the map and just sat there grenade spamming and sniping. Obviously we won easily each time, but it was seriously annoying to keep getting blown up by people flatly and bizarrely refusing to play the mode.

I genuinely don't understand. Are they trying to get their k/d ratio up or something? Who gives a fuck about that!

Klyka

Banned
Urgh, some people. I had a go at playing Cargo, and its a really fun mode with some nice maps, however I played a couple of games on the Tatooine map last night where the opposing team made no attempt to get the cargo; they just boosted up onto the Millenium Falcon and from there up onto the outer ring above the map and just sat there grenade spamming and sniping. Obviously we won easily each time, but it was seriously annoying to keep getting blown up by people flatly and bizarrely refusing to play the mode.

I genuinely don't understand. Are they trying to get their k/d ratio up or something? Who gives a fuck about that!

This, yes.

So after mainly just playing Walker Assault and Supremacy; I decided to check out some of the other game modes. First, I tried Fighter Squadron and I don’t plan on touching it again. I don’t know if it’s the keyboard/mouse controls, but it controls terribly. I might try it at a later date with a controller to see if that helps. After that I tried some Droid Run and I actually had a really good time with that and played it for around an hour and enjoyed it. Last one I tried was Heroes vs Villains; again this was a lot of fun.

Also I regret getting this game for pc, I did have to search multiple times in order to find people for these smaller game modes; WA and Supremacy I don’t have problems finding people. But for the smaller games modes I do.

I have to admit i had a great WA game this morning. On Hoth as Rebels we were losing with 2 ATAT almost full health. We had still 2 uplinks to take in the third push. Man i thought we were gonna lose but one player took out one with a tow cable and the last one we gave it all we could and finally destroyed it on the final push. I jumped out of my seat. Its close games like this that make me like it more as i play it.

deoee

Fucking dammit, lol...

I went 68 and 5 K/D without a hero or a vehicle, and I had seven uplink shutdowns. My team still lost. I slammed my mouse and was swiftly reminded I have (had) a glass trackpad :-/

22969764040_8d712ec4ef_b.jpg

:D

Did the mouse / your hand survive?

LoveCake

I have noticed people quitting now when playing as The Empire as the balance seems to have shifted on Walker Assault mode.

It seems to me from what i have played the easiest win for the Rebels is Endor, followed by Hoth which is now about Empire 45% - 65% Rebels, then Jundland Wastes where it seems to be Empire 75% - 25% Rebels the only location i have never won playing as a Rebel is Sorosuub Centroplex which seems to be 100% Empire win.

Loving this so far, i just need to learn to be able to fly the ships better.

First game of the day & i was Empire on Sorosuub Centroplex & the rebels won, took one AT-AT with a cable & finished the other off with a orbital strike.

Danneee

While I understand the lack of content causing complaints and lower rated scores, I am really excited for this game.
1) Dice has done an excellent job with long term support of their flagship game BF4. They are still updating and releasing maps after over 2 years since game was released

BF4 had an OK spinoff in Hardline but nothing to take over its userbase. Star Wars is going to get milked for all it's worth a with games and I'm sure this won't see any support after the first year when they've announced a sequel.

BF4 had an OK spinoff in Hardline but nothing to take over its userbase. Star Wars is going to get milked for all it's worth a with games and I'm sure this won't see any support after the first year when they've announced a sequel.

Hardline has nothing to do with BF4. Based on DICE's track record battlefront will be supported for quite awhile.

Memory

So after mainly just playing Walker Assault and Supremacy; I decided to check out some of the other game modes. First, I tried Fighter Squadron and I don’t plan on touching it again. I don’t know if it’s the keyboard/mouse controls, but it controls terribly. I might try it at a later date with a controller to see if that helps. After that I tried some Droid Run and I actually had a really good time with that and played it for around an hour and enjoyed it. Last one I tried was Heroes vs Villains; again this was a lot of fun.

Also I regret getting this game for pc, I did have to search multiple times in order to find people for these smaller game modes; WA and Supremacy I don’t have problems finding people. But for the smaller games modes I do.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, hook up a gamepad for that mode if the M/KB controls suck, its legit the best mode in the damn game. Playing on PS4 and the controls are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom