• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just bought this tonight, start up the game and am playing the Darth Vader thing. Is there any way to tell how close it is to installing or if it's even installing? It seems like I've been playing this for at least 30 minutes.

Sir_Vival

"I don't remember PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW being a part of the Star Wars movies."
I'm soooooooooooooooo over getting killed by the DL-44.

Sucks they give the most powerful gun in the game to the people who paid more.

You're not noticing the times people are shooting at you from anything other than close range and it does next to no damage. Really, it's a pretty limited weapon - has more kick than anything else in the game and is absolutely worthless at long ranges. It's only good on some maps.

Jobbs

Banned
I use the EE-3 boba fett gun most the time, even though I suspect the basic E11 is probably the best all around gun in the game... I need some spice in my life.

Sometimes this game has the most horrible spawns. Just had a match of Supremacy where it spawned me within 5 feet of any enemy 3 times in a row. Had no partner to spawn on. It's usually not so bad, but man, dunno what the hell was up.

Might be just me but certain game modes simply aren't matchmaking for me at all. It goes down the line of tries with lower and lower populated matches then just makes a new one. Certain modes are almost always insta-join to full games but others...

Not sure if interest in the game is already faltering or something? I'm still having fun.

ironcreed

Banned
Anyone having weird connection errors on Xbox One? The game will freeze and say that the connection is not good enough before resuming and playing fine. I know it is not my connection because I have open NAT and other games like Black Ops III are fine.

Laputa_94

Ended up getting 30 kills in the first round in walker assault on Endor as a Imperial, because I got a AT-ST and hanged out above the outside uplink. Damn this game gets crazy sometimes.

5taquitos

Might be just me but certain game modes simply aren't matchmaking for me at all. It goes down the line of tries with lower and lower populated matches then just makes a new one. Certain modes are almost always insta-join to full games but others...

Not sure if interest in the game is already faltering or something? I'm still having fun.

What platform? I can always find a full match in any mode on PS4 (NA).

JimiNutz

Banned
You're not noticing the times people are shooting at you from anything other than close range and it does next to no damage. Really, it's a pretty limited weapon - has more kick than anything else in the game and is absolutely worthless at long ranges. It's only good on some maps.

I thought the same but yesterday people were sniping me with the weapon at long range. I personally suck with the weapon at anything but close range but the recoil isn't THAT bad and good players can easily kill you at range with just a couple of headshots.

I'm really in two minds about the gun. Up until now I've been using the E-11 the majority of the time because I think it's the best all arounder and sometimes the EE-3 if I want to hang back and play more conservatively but the DL-44 seems like the best gun overall and I'm wondering whether I should start practicing with it now before everyone else gets really good with it and I can't keep up.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Alrighty, got my three-month PS+ subscription. I'll be starting over on my main account, JeffJaqi, now. I'm not good (apart from Mass Effect, I never play shooters) but I'll ask anyway: how do I join GAF's PS4 Battlefront community?

Edit: Sorry, I reread the OP and now I know!

I thought the same but yesterday people were sniping me with the weapon at long range. I personally suck with the weapon at anything but close range but the recoil isn't THAT bad and good players can easily kill you at range with just a couple of headshots.

I'm really in two minds about the gun. Up until now I've been using the E-11 the majority of the time because I think it's the best all arounder and sometimes the EE-3 if I want to hang back and play more conservatively but the DL-44 seems like the best gun overall and I'm wondering whether I should start practicing with it now before everyone else gets really good with it and I can't keep up.

The DL-44 is certainly a beast for CQC but at medium to long range there are much better weapons so I suppose it depends on the modes and way you play.

I actually think the SE-14C is a better weapon and add explosive shot and you can demolish people pretty easily. The SE-14C is a 1 shot burst CQ and 2 to 3 at medium to long range so it's far more effective IMO.

Boogdud

So anyone else on the PS4 have a match where just randomly the controller stops responding? I've had 2 or 3 matches where all of a sudden the controls just kind of stick, or won't do anything, or I'll pull the triggers for a shot and my guy will do a melee shot (even though the target is a good 50 yards away). It's irritating as hell.

I hope they add a lightsaber card, like maybe a charge type. Spoiler just in case people are avoiding everything from the new movie:
Hey, if stormtrooper guy from the new movie can run around with one, why not

After being a huge jump pack fan in the beta, I think I've come to accept that the Ion Torpedo is far and away the most useful perk in the game. As Rebels, you can use it to take down AT-STs and harass air support. As Imperials, you can use it to shoot down incoming Y-Wings (which I've done a few times but it never seems to shorten the AT-AT vulnerability time. Hmm.).

Once you learn to navigate the map and to always have obstacles between you and the enemy spawn, the jump pack becomes less useful.

mileS

If you enjoy Fighter Squadron and want a MUCH better chance at the Hero ships, they always spawn in the same 3-4 places. At around 34-55 seconds to be exact. I cannot tell you how much of a difference xp farming is now since I starting using a stop watch on my phone. Get the hero ship 90% of the time now. Yeah I'm sorry... I am one of those people.

Finally. ;_;

12301588_10201286650364174_8101085549822082554_n.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Not enough players.

Tubie

I absolutely love Heroes vs Villains. Really did not expect I would enjoy a small game mode so much, and it's awesome that it has a decent amount of maps when compared to Supremacy and WA. XP is nice too, I'm getting 5-6k each match.

Second favorite mode is Supremacy, but some matches can be terrible if the teams are too unbalanced.

Ferrio

Banned
I absolutely love Heroes vs Villains. Really did not expect I would enjoy a small game mode so much, and it's awesome that it has a decent amount of maps when compared to Supremacy and WA. XP is nice too, I'm getting 5-6k each match.

Second favorite mode is Supremacy, but some matches can be terrible if the teams are too unbalanced.

One of the most balanced modes IMO.

Picked up a PC copy for $30, which I feel was the right price for the game.

And HOLY SHIT. It looks so damn good. Endor is a goddamn visual treat. Easily the best looking game I've ever played. Easily. The audio design is so damn good too. DICE has always had fantastic audio design, but this is my favorite effort from them. Everything sounds like it should. Going into a shield and hearing that foil bend sound, or a grenade drowning out everything as it goes off. Hearing the shots echoing through the woods. So damn good. Runs fantastic on my PC at 1440p maxed out too.

I just wish my buddies would pick it up so I had someone to talk/coordinate with. Most of my friends won't spend $60 on this though, and I wouldn't have either had I not found it for $30. But damn is it fun.

JimiNutz

Banned
The DL-44 is certainly a beast for CQC but at medium to long range there are much better weapons so I suppose it depends on the modes and way you play.

I actually think the SE-14C is a better weapon and add explosive shot and you can demolish people pretty easily. The SE-14C is a 1 shot burst CQ and 2 to 3 at medium to long range so it's far more effective IMO.

Yeah to be honest I should probably experiment with other guns.
I mainly use the E-11 and against an average DL-44 player I will beat them at long range but good players seem to be able to still land headshots and kill me incredibly quickly.

I'm not a great player at all so maybe I just need to get better at the game but the DL-44 definitely isn't useless at range in the hands of a good player.

deoee

Picked up a PC copy for $30, which I feel was the right price for the game.

And HOLY SHIT. It looks so damn good. Endor is a goddamn visual treat. Easily the best looking game I've ever played. Easily. The audio design is so damn good too. DICE has always had fantastic audio design, but this is my favorite effort from them. Everything sounds like it should. Going into a shield and hearing that foil bend sound, or a grenade drowning out everything as it goes off. Hearing the shots echoing through the woods. So damn good. Runs fantastic on my PC at 1440p maxed out too.

I just wish my buddies would pick it up so I had someone to talk/coordinate with. Most of my friends won't spend $60 on this though, and I wouldn't have either had I not found it for $30. But damn is it fun.

Help them get it for 30!

My friends want to see if this won't turn out as another Evolve and I keep telling them that it's still fun after a week and ~20 hours played.
But they won't listen and so I end up playing alone most of the time ;_;

BTW: It's the same for you guys right? : Sometimes I unload onto a guy and hit ~5-6 times and he survives with x% hp only to turn around and two shot me with THE SAME GUN I WAS USING (E-11, EE-3, D-17...)

heringer

Only headshot. Takes 2 burts on the body.

Machina

Banned
This Supremacy spawns really need to be fixd.

Someone from Reddit made this.

sWBldPf.jpg

I notices that shit too.

So basically the Empire are back on their heels to start the match. Do DICE justify it by saying that the Imperials should make better use of their ground vehicle advantage?

So basically the Empire are back on their heels to start the match. Do DICE justify it by saying that the Imperials should make better use of their ground vehicle advantage?

The Air Vehicles are basicly useless because you cant take over a point with it.

AT-ST? Doesnt take long to get destroyed when the enemy team spams the Ion Torpedo and Grenades.

Rebel Spawns need to be changed.

Hoth suffers from the same issue. The Spawns are really really bad in that mode. And i love Supremacy.

I hope they address this issues soon.

Machina

Banned
The Air Vehicles are basicly useless because you cant take over a point with it.

AT-ST? Doesnt take long to get destroyed when the enemy team spams the Ion Torpedo and Grenades.

Rebel Spawns need to be changed.

Hoth suffers from the same issue. The Spawns are really really bad in that mode. And i love Supremacy.

I hope they adress this issues soon.

I do agree about the spawns, they need work but try this ATST strategy on Tattoine: As soon as you can move, push up immediately all the way to at least the small incline just in front of the Sand Crawler on the Imperial side. The Crawler is really tall and fairly wide so it blocks any long distance lock ons except from Rebels who have well and truly flanked on either the left and right of the Crawler.

You'll have to worry about Rebel air forces just pounding you until you're dead as usual, and I hope the ATST does get a slight health buff, but the crucial moment is the first few minutes of the match when the central capture point next to the Crawler is being contested and that's usually when the two sides air forces are fighting each other so they won't be worried about you initially.

From your position, you have a perfect line of sight on either side of the Crawlers treads, so it basically works like a trucks rear view mirror: if they can see you, you can definitely see them. So with that perfect view of the capture point, you can strafe from side to side avoiding fire. You will have to keep an eye on your flanks if you get the sense your team aren't very smart, but other than that I think its a good strat on that map playing as Empire to at least try and get your team on the front foot.

So are we going to have a new thread every day shitting on Battlefront?

^ Christ, I wish I had the time to devote to this game as you do. I've only got 15 hours and 25 levels right now. Curse of being a married adult 9-to-5er. Plus Fallout 4.

I've had even less time with it, I'm almost to level 5 so I prepare to have my arse kicked with the game. Going to stick with it though, but it reminds me why I don't usually go for online MP, I just don't have the time to put in and get left behind.

BHK3

Banned
just got the most kills on blast
didnt get the trophy
wtf :(

It's been bugged before release, as usual just wait for a patch and pray it actually does something.

This DL-44 stuff is making me put the game down till it's a little more balanced. One guy using it is whatever, but when literally everyone in the match EXCEPT MY OWN TEAM is using it, I can't handle it. Die in either 1 shot or 2 shots from any range is bonkers. Been seeing a lot of rank 50s now too, of course not on my own team.

And? Did you misread my post? I'm talking about how people don't care for objectives and gave a possible reason why. And who mentioned COD? I never compared Battlefront to anything.

I'm saying prioritizing kills in an objective game mode is stupid and people fall right in line with wanting to see their faces as the number 1 guy in that round - which is always the most kills, front and center. Its not incidental if its given the highest priority on the win screen of an objective based mode.

That, along with scoring, does not incentivise objective play, rather, straight kills.

It seeps into almost every mode. Maybe Heroes VS Villains and Blast aren't effected by it, but everything that's not a TDM is. Even in FS, people will prioritize shooting each other instead of going after the transport ships. There's a real lack of dynamism in the gameplay and that's on the shoulders of the points system. When people DO go for the objectives, it's actually super fun and far more tense. Holding points as a team, laying cover fighter, people protecting each other because they want a win on that map, it's far more gratifying than the constant alternative - people running around shooting each other, dying, respawning, repeat.

I dont get the people hanging around in this topics. If they dont like Battlefront, then let it go. It just gets annoying at this point.

You don't get why people have different opinions than you? Sounds like the internet is not a good place for you at all. I suggest searching for a place other than NeoGAF that can be your personal echo chamber.

You can stop the derailing ;) I dont like that constant complaining. You dont like the complaining about complaining.

Nah, it's more like you don't like people complaining and not liking thing you like, and I don't like people stifling opinions because their feelings are hurt, bruh.

You don't get why people have different opinions than you? Sounds like the internet is not a good place for you at all. I suggest searching for a place other than NeoGAF that can be your personal echo chamber.

I never said that. But i see a lot of people in this threads that never played the game so far, that just echo the hate train. Thats not a "own opinion" to me. So, why so salty? No need to be agressive buddy. And that personal echo chamber can be applied to both sites of the coin ;)

So dont tell me what i should do.

I never said that. Salty? No need to be agressive.

I dont get the people hanging around in this topics. If they dont like Battlefront, then let it go. It just gets annoying at this point.

Okay.

If people don't like the game, they are free to voice their opinion, whether or not you find it annoying.

Edit: Ah you edited. There are like a handful of shitposting topics, and even in those there are people who have played the game or at least have done enough research to figure out it's not for them.

You don't have to play the game to air grievances if your points are founded upon reality, dude. Like, if someone says they don't like how the spawn system works in the bigger maps, they don't need to have played the game after viewing videos and looking at impressions to gauge that. I bet if some issues were fixed, more of those people would jump in the game.

Okay.

If people don't like the game, they are free to voice their opinion, whether or not you find it annoying.

You can stop the derailing ;) I dont like that constant complaining. You dont like the complaining about complaining. The End.

Btw really need a bigger group to play with on both consoles. :D EU players would be good :D

Klyka

Banned
Help them get it for 30!

My friends want to see if this won't turn out as another Evolve and I keep telling them that it's still fun after a week and ~20 hours played.
But they won't listen and so I end up playing alone most of the time ;_;

BTW: It's the same for you guys right? : Sometimes I unload onto a guy and hit ~5-6 times and he survives with x% hp only to turn around and two shot me with THE SAME GUN I WAS USING (E-11, EE-3, D-17...)

It can't be another Evolve because the core gameplay is normal and fun enough for people to stick around and you don't need any more grasp on it than "I run and shoot mans"

minx

Just unlocked the DL-44. I now understand why I died so fast facing it. Kinda crazy it made it in how it is. Close range it's simply untouchable. Use it in any mode than isn't 40 players and just dominate. Saying that... I think I'm close to being done with the game. It is a lot of fun but the combat isn't deep enough to play that long (plus BF games will be arriving soon). Will play again when on EA Access Vault.

deoee

It can't be another Evolve because the core gameplay is normal and fun enough for people to stick around and you don't need any more grasp on it than "I run and shoot mans"

Evolve in terms of "That's really fun for 5 hours than it sucks cause it's too hard/too little people etc. pp".
And I don't see that happening here too, Battlefront is that kind of shooter where you hop on for two hours, have the fun of your life (and salt until they fix the issues) and hop off again :D

I will try to get them to buy the game in December :)

btw. how does this stats site pull player numbers if there is no connection to any kind of Battlelog?

MilkyJoe

Just played 4 rounds of Walker assault and it was a mess, everyone is running around with 1 shot kill guns and grenades going off everywhere, feels like they ruined it. FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom