• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can just play defense all game and put up huge suprememcy numbers based on the map. Sullust? Roll with the DL-44 with scan pulse and barrage and you will basically never die unless a hero barges in since you're in closer quarters.

Camping in a turret. You wait until a point has just fallen to the other side. Then the other side will respawn in huge groups right next to you. That or A-Wing.
Can you explain the a wing thing? I'm useless in vehicles. I'm getting better at this game now but the best I've been is top 5.

Hikami

Fell in love with the smoke grenade. I've been actually winning walker assault matches as the imperials, now that I can give cover for my team to disable the uplinks.

Now I died on wave 14 once (master) because 4 shadow troopers came barging in.
Same happened to me and I just gave up for the day.

I saw one guy get 65 kills and like 2 deaths. How is that even possible on a supremacy map?
It's really easy to spawn camp in this game sadly..

Beefy

Can you explain the a wing thing? I'm useless in vehicles. I'm getting better at this game now but the best I've been is top 5.

It's just badly OP, it has a tiny hit box and is really fast. TIE fighters have no chance against it, so it then dominates the sky so can rain down death.

Special C

This guy.......

2Nrbpbm.gif

B00TE

I've been playing the trial on EA Access. Based on the stuff I'd been reading here and elsewhere, figured I could get my kicks and the trial would run out as I got bored. But surprisingly, I've been pretty well addicted and looking at getting it on PS4. The game has a lot of problems (maps, balance, spawns), but I've been having a blast regardless. Despite some of the bullshit, I just keep laughing and playing. Gonna see if I can get a preowned copy from gamestop in the next few weeks or so, since I have a $15 off coupon. Excited to see how Jakku turns out, and I hope they continue to support the game a bunch.

Ok, I beat survival Hoth for Ackbar's Elite.

But my god. Did they even playtest Sullust?

You can't die. Here's a map with nowhere to hide. Multiple waves that have a shit ton of Stormtrooper or god forbid shadow troopers, multiple AT-STs and a bunch of Tie-Fighters. I died 2 times on the last wave because there were three heavy AT-STs, a few TIEs and then a load of Stormtroopers roaming across the map.

That shit's impossible to do the 'normal' way. Now I have to look up and see if there's a cheese spot for it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I bought the season pass today because I had $30 in GCU credit as well as the %10 off coupon code for the PS Store.

Otherwise, yeah I'd wait until they announced exactly what was in the first pack.

I am going to buy it at Best Buy for the points, and I have a lot of credit as well, but what about the 10% coupon on PSN? How does that work with BB?

And I know this has been said a lot, but they need to balance out WA. I do not understand how you can get to the end on Tatooine with both walkers in full health, and they get destroyed in mere seconds when vulnerable there. Is the map bugged?

I am going to buy it at Best Buy for the points, and I have a lot of credit as well, but what about the 10% coupon on PSN? How does that work with BB?

And I know this has been said a lot, but they need to balance out WA. I do not understand how you can get to the end on Tatooine with both walkers in full health, and they get destroyed in mere seconds when vulnerable there. Is the map bugged?

If you buy the season pass outright at BB the 10% off won't be available. If you buy a $50 PSN card though and then buy it from the PS Store you can apply it and have $5 leftover in your wallet.

Ozorov

You can't die. Here's a map with nowhere to hide. Multiple waves that have a shit ton of Stormtrooper or god forbid shadow troopers, multiple AT-STs and a bunch of Tie-Fighters. I died 2 times on the last wave because there were three heavy AT-STs, a few TIEs and then a load of Stormtroopers roaming across the map.

That shit's impossible to do the 'normal' way. Now I have to look up and see if there's a cheese spot for it.

Are you playing yourself or with someone?

Risgroo

Do you know if the survival maps are more difficult with a partner? I really struggled when I tried them on my own.

Ferr986

Lol that happened just now in Tatooine. We were totally dominated by Imperials and at the last round suddenly ATs went down in secs. I swear I saw the airspeeders failing and even one of them crashed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you buy the season pass outright at BB the 10% off won't be available. If you buy a $50 PSN card though and then buy it from the PS Store you can apply it and have $5 leftover in your wallet.

Genius. Thank you sir.

Do season passes/add ons count for double points with GCU like new games, or just single like a PSN card?

This game doesn't have footsteps does it?

Like in the snow, etc? It does... hard to notice because there are so many pre-made trails.

Lol that happened just now in Tatooine. We were totally dominated by Imperials and at the last round suddenly ATs went down in secs. I swear I saw the airspeeders failing and even one of them crashed.

I was using an AT-ST shooting down the speeders like candy, etc the whole map. Imperials dominated, get to the very end at the docking bay, they go instant vulnerable, and went down in seconds. Happens every time I play that map, lol.

Has to be a bug.

bosseye

Man I'm so bad at flying in this game. Regardless of vehicle, I either get shot down within a few seconds or hit the ground. If I fly in first person I can fly low and strafe the ground but get shot down within seconds as I can't dogfight in first person, if I play third person I simply cannot judge where the ground is and crash and burn. So I avoid all flying now and have not gone near fighter squadron.

Some people are seriously good at it though, wel jel innit.

Boke1879

Man I'm so bad at flying in this game. Regardless of vehicle, I either get shot down within a few seconds or hit the ground. If I fly in first person I can fly low and strafe the ground but get shot down within seconds as I can't dogfight in first person, if I play third person I simply cannot judge where the ground is and crash and burn. So I avoid all flying now and have not gone near fighter squadron.

Try playing a few matches in Fighter Squadron. After a few games I really got the hang of it.

WillyFive

Flying is broken in the game by default; you have to invert the controls and change it to southpaw in controller settings. If you don't have a controller, well good luck.

Man I'm so bad at flying in this game. Regardless of vehicle, I either get shot down within a few seconds or hit the ground. If I fly in first person I can fly low and strafe the ground but get shot down within seconds, if I play third person I simply cannot judge where the ground is and either crash and burn, or stay high Up...and get shot down in seconds. So I avoid all flying now and have not gone near fighter squadron.

Fighter Squadron really is the best way to just hop in and get comfortable with the controls. There is also a tutorial mission where you need to pilot an x-wing through a narrow canyone which can help.

The A-wing is currently the best fighter due to both the rebel shield advantage and the hitbox being slightly busted which makes it extremely hard to shoot down unless it's going in a straight line.

Ozorov

Had anybody noticed the bug that makes the screen green while aiming with the weapon? It happens sometimes when you're using pulse cannon or homing missiles and you load it up fully and dont releases yourself. Then the "green" skin gets stuck and are still on when you're aiming with your normal gun

It has happen to me maybe 10-15 times since launch

To practice flying load up Fighter Squadron and keep leaving and joining until you get on Rebel side. Pick the A-Wing and then just spend most of your time getting comfortable with the controls. Try flying really close to walls and structures, diving down and pulling up just before you hit the ground so you can gauge the limits of your movement. That is what I did the first couple of matches and it helped a ton.

Don't worry about having crappy matches while you are learning to fly. Once you get the controls and movement down it is a fantastic mode. Just needs more maps tailored specifically for Fighter Squadron instead of just Walker Assault/Supremacy maps "in the sky".

jackdoe

I was just one shotted by a Falcon as Slave 1, that even possible?
He probably just crashed into you with shields activated.

Also, just had my first run in with an active invincibility bug player. It completely screws up the tide of battle as he literally chilled out at the Imperial spawn points and killed people as they were spawning. It's amazing that a bug this flagrant hasn't been fixed yet.

The Precision Shot trophy is so frustrating to obtain. Anyone have any tips? The range on the Cycler Rifle is shit and the bullet drop is so bad.

Start spilling the beans, how'd you get the Precision Shot Trophy? Tips please!

Just go into something like Blast(Hoth Hangar map is really good) or Drop Zone(Millenium Falcon map) and just focus entirely on Cycler Rifle kills. Camp corridors where you know the enemy will funnel and just gauge how high up you have to aim to get a headshot. Cycler Rifle has turned into complete dogshit because of the bullet drop/projectile speed. It would have been nice if it stayed the same since beta and it could actually be a counter to Pulse Cannon if you had better aim since only a headshot kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom