• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Love the way the snow collects on the Shadow Trooper on Hoth. I didn't notice it with the other troopers since they are white. Nice how it gradually accumulate as you play.

Just go into something like Blast(Hoth Hangar map is really good) or Drop Zone(Millenium Falcon map) and just focus entirely on Cycler Rifle kills. Camp corridors where you know the enemy will funnel and just gauge how high up you have to aim to get a headshot. Cycler Rifle has turned into complete dogshit because of the bullet drop/projectile speed. It would have been nice if it stayed the same since beta and it could actually be a counter to Pulse Cannon if you had better aim since only a headshot kills.
Thank you, I'll give it a shot. This seems like it will be frustrating for sure. I appreciate the advice!

Does anyone know if the top Star Card works in conjunction with other weapon cards? I activated Explosive Shot, then switched to Cycler and it didn't seem to apply. After I switched back to my primary weapon, I could see the flaming gun. I'm wondering if Focus Fire would work with the Cycler Rifle?

Klyka

Banned
He probably just crashed into you with shields activated.

Also, just had my first run in with an active invincibility bug player. It completely screws up the tide of battle as he literally chilled out at the Imperial spawn points and killed people as they were spawning. It's amazing that a bug this flagrant hasn't been fixed yet.

Console patches always take a long time,so bugs will sadly stay in for ages at a time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, and when you use GCU credit or gift cards you only get points for the amount you paid with real money.

I meant, do download codes for add on content count for double the points like a new game?

Like if I buy the Season Pass at BB, but do not use any reward certs, is it double points? Or does that only count for games

But that was also good to know as well.

Got the answer. The 20% off is only on physical, not digital games, and the double points do count. So do the double points count on the PSN wallet codes/PSN subscriptions, or does that not count as "digital content"?

2X POINTS
on new video game software, digital content and game accessories

Naudi

Banned
Had anybody noticed the bug that makes the screen green while aiming with the weapon? It happens sometimes when you're using pulse cannon or homing missiles and you load it up fully and dont releases yourself. Then the "green" skin gets stuck and are still on when you're aiming with your normal gun

It has happen to me maybe 10-15 times since launch

Yes this also happens to me a lot with homing shot. Pretty annoying.

jackdoe

Console patches always take a long time,so bugs will sadly stay in for ages at a time.
I'm playing the PC version which is why I'm more surprised.

I think it works as intended being a last resort method when you end up right in front of someone.

I just wish the damage didn't seem random. Sometimes it will be a one hit kill when I hit them in the back or front and sometimes it will just do 50.
Melee is like Halo rules. From behind is insta kill.

I think it works as intended being a last resort method when you end up right in front of someone.

I just wish the damage didn't seem random. Sometimes it will be a one hit kill when I hit them in the back or front and sometimes it will just do 50.

I think it takes to long to perform, the range is laughably small and its useless from the front.
Haven't tried it much in 3rd person view, but in first person its completely useless.

Jb

Is the last "gameplay" unlock really at level 25 and then you have to grind to 40 to get the fun aliens dudes on the rebel side? :/ I get that they couldn't, or at least didn't want to have attachments or gear as unlocks, but still... the core gameplay is a joy but only 4 maps in walker/supremacy is also ridiculous. Such a shame, I feel this could have been the MP shooter of the year had it been as fully featured as, say, BF4.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wound up playing until I reached level 10 last night. In CoD I'm always cursing like a drunken sailor, as the spotty online brings out the worst in me.
But Battlefront was different. If I died it felt fair, and the online wasn't a host migrating shit show like Blops 3. I thoroughly enjoyed myself far more then I expected, and battles felt like battles, with people hunkered down firing their blasters instead of running around like headless chickens.

I don't know if prolonged play would take away some of the luster, but I really didn't mind the simpler style of shooting this game offers.

Yeah it happened to me in walker assault. X-wing just went right through me.

For additional game breaking tactics as the rebels on Tatooine WA (as if you really need any more): while piloting your A-wing for 2/3 of the match and scoring 20-40 kills with few deaths, using the shield to ram into AT-ST's after taking their health down a bit is also an instant kill.

Xone9

Banned
game needs a major update..

that dl44 is too powerful

the hit detection sucks

the unlocks are pretty lame

i could go on

MADGAME

I sincerely hope whoever thought of and implemented Hero Hunt constantly shits their pants in socially devastating situations.

I hate when they nerf weapons in MP. Just raise some of the other weapon stats rather than making weapons useless. Happened in ME3 multi with so many Damn weapons. Once they got nerfed no one ever used them again.

The guns seem fine to me.. The spawn points really need to be fixed though.

MADGAME

I hate when they nerf weapons in MP. Just raise some of the other weapon stats rather than making weapons useless. Happened in ME3 multi with so many Damn weapons. Once they got nerfed no one ever used them again.

The guns seem fine to me.. The spawn points really need to be fixed though.

If they buff guns to DL-44 levels then the TTK would make the game shit. Terrible idea.

game needs a major update..

that dl44 is too powerful

the hit detection sucks

the unlocks are pretty lame

i could go on
I don't think hit detection sucks. The weapons are more RNG than they are controlled fire like every other shooter. You could be on point with aiming at a stationary target and blaster fire can zip by left and right one moment, then the next a bunch will not be as spread and every bolt hit its target. I personally feel this was what DICE thought is a good idea since literal laser fire shouldn't cause weapon kick.

Most shooters have a much smaller spread horizontally but upwards/horizontal drift needs to be controlled. Here its just RNG. There's no rhyme or reason as to why a bolt will miss other than a bad roll of the dice. Definitely not good for competitive play.

PrankT

Then what do you mean by long range and shortening it's range? Please move the goal posts more.
I said longer to lock on or shorten range. Neither of those points were essential, but possibilities. The point was something should be done to make it tricker to use. Read dude.

prag16

Banned
The game was infinitely better at the start where everyone had bog standard blasters, now it just sucks

What lobbies were you in??? I dealt with a shit ton of DL-44 spammers (obviously not as many as right now) on launch day due to it coming already unlocked with the deluxe edition.

But if you mean explosives spamming too, especially barrage, then yeah... It's getting out of hand. Barrage in particular should probably be based on charges rather than just cooldowns.

RyanW

Ok, need a little help guys. So I had gotten my Jakku code from Amazon the day the game came out and redeemed it through xbox.com. There was no indication I actually downloaded it, there's no small MB voucher tied to game, and I obviously can't use the code again. Should I be worried?

MilkyJoe

What lobbies were you in??? I dealt with a shit ton of DL-44 spammers (obviously not as many as right now) on launch day due to it coming already unlocked with the deluxe edition.

But if you mean explosives spamming too, especially barrage, then yeah... It's getting out of hand. Barrage in particular should probably be based on charges rather than just cooldowns.

I guess I got lucky, this weekend was my first experience of playiplaying where everyone has the DL-44 and the game just sucks now. Barrage excess and unlimited grenades just adds to the folly. I honestly don't know what they were thinking, leveling up has turned it into a sitting duck simulator.

andshrew

Hey peeps I made a quick mashup video of Battlefront game play with no hud with The Force Awakens trailer music if anyone is interested in giving it a watch. I had fun making it either way!

Unfortunately when SHAREplay generated the video the music went out of sync by 1 second so you can tell certain moments were meant to be accompanied by parts of the track. I cba to fix it as I want to get back to playing the game but I'll link it anyway haha!

https://youtu.be/MTx6wpaICe4

I really liked this, and I didn't realise that you could turn off the HUD.

It inspired me to have a go at making a video to the trailer music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0zZJe0f850

MastAndo

I'm a big fan of bodyguard. It saves your ass from stupid deaths.
Same here. I had been using Scout since the day I got it, but playing mostly Blast, I realized I'm less of a lone wolf than I thought. I'm usually around teammates, making the trait pretty useless. Tried Bounty Hunter, and I'm just not getting the amount of kills to justify it. Went with Bodyguard, survived a direct homing missile hit, and was like, yeah this is the one. Anything that helps me with explosive damage, which there is a lot of in this game, is a-OK with me. I suppose it all depends on your play-style/skill set though.

Sodding_Gamer

Hey peeps I made a quick mashup video of Battlefront game play with no hud with The Force Awakens trailer music if anyone is interested in giving it a watch. I had fun making it either way!

Unfortunately when SHAREplay generated the video the music went out of sync by 1 second so you can tell certain moments were meant to be accompanied by parts of the track. I cba to fix it as I want to get back to playing the game but I'll link it anyway haha!

https://youtu.be/MTx6wpaICe4

I really liked this, and I didn't realise that you could turn off the HUD.

It inspired me to have a go at making a video to the trailer music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0zZJe0f850

Haha thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. I loved the glitches in your video and the end explosion on queue with the music :) Good job

What the hell happened? I'm constantly freezing in place, zoom not working consistently, hiccups all around. Just for robbed as a Hero because I got stuck in place.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I hate drop zone with a passion. Worst mode next to hero hunt.

I dislike Hero Hunt in it's current rule set, it should be on rotation, not the last shot wins. The point of it, is how good you are as the hero.

I like Drop Zone however.

For additional game breaking tactics as the rebels on Tatooine WA (as if you really need any more): while piloting your A-wing for 2/3 of the match and scoring 20-40 kills with few deaths, using the shield to ram into AT-ST's after taking their health down a bit is also an instant kill.

Experienced this last night on Tatooine. This one person flew around as was 40-3 and had literally 33% health the whole time while smoking, legit thought he was invulnerable. Timed his shields (which A-wings are not supposed to have frontal shields), and rammed ships/AT-STs the whole round. Straight cheese.

Machina

Banned
Experienced this last night on Tatooine. This one person flew around as was 40-3 and had literally 33% health the whole time while smoking, legit thought he was invulnerable. Timed his shields (which A-wings are not supposed to have frontal shields), and rammed ships/AT-STs the whole round. Straight cheese.

If the tools to act like a cockhead are provided, accidental or otherwise the cockheads will oblige.

nillah

Banned
I wonder if SONY will ever release an update to modify PSN handles

So far I have a few ideas on what I would change my ID too

To add to my previous post's woes: delayed spawning, delayed imploder explosion voiding what could have been a high kill count.

What could do this? Limited Hard Drive space? Just downloaded the Order today. That's the only thing different between today and last time I played.

MADGAME

It should be who got the most damage. The guy who sits back and gets the last shot should not be rewarded.

Exactly this. Rotation would not work or even be fair. If you are 6, 7, or 8 in the queue you may not even get to be a Hero before time runs out. Also those first in queue would have a higher chance of being the hero more times.

The maps for Hero Hunt should not be the same maps for Drop Zone/Blast. How shitty. It's a game mode that plays entirely different yet they shoehorn the same maps for you to play in. So much potential in this game mode wasted by not putting in the proper effort.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Exactly this. Rotation would not work or even be fair. If you are 6, 7, or 8 in the queue you may not even get to be a Hero before time runs out. Also those first in queue would have a higher chance of being the hero more times.

True, that makes sense, and the mode would be way too long otherwise. Most damage should be it, even if it will still be pretty similar I think, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom