• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

True, that makes sense, and the mode would be way too long otherwise. Most damage should be it, even if it will still be pretty similar I think, lol.

I really hope DICE implement tweaks that add value, and soon. This game mode has so much potential but right now it's the worst. I think it's clear their intent was to release a game that worked given their previous embarrassment, and that meant light content. Now they should act quickly to add improvements.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
100 percent way to balance hero hunt

Take it out :p

Oh you!

I wouldn't miss it.
And it will be the bane of not getting the win in each mode trophy, lol.

The whole work as a semi-team, to become the "hero", to slaughter those you worked in tandem with, to get killed by them, to work with them again was a fun social experiment though, lol.

Heroes vs. Villians is much more fun, when your team actually works well on both sides. Some good standoffs. But people rush in thinking they are "god mode" sometimes, and they get laughingly slaughtered, lol.

Oh you!

I wouldn't miss it.
And it will be the bane of not getting the win in each mode trophy, lol.

The whole work as a semi-team, to become the "hero", to slaughter those you worked in tandem with, to get killed by them, to work with them again was a fun social experiment though, lol.

Heroes vs. Villians is much more fun, when your team actually works well on both sides. Some good standoffs. But people rush in thinking they are "god mode" sometimes, and they get laughingly slaughtered, lol.

There's another trophy, part of the diorama one, where it will require you to win 10 hero hunt games.

RIP in peace Old Ben.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's another trophy, part of the diorama one, where it will require you to win 10 hero hunt games.

RIP in peace Old Ben.

I'm doomed! :(

Is there a trophy for the diorama? Or do you mean the "trophy" pieces for the diorama?

Because I can't even get one win in that forsaken mode, let alone TEN!

It is the very worst mode for win %.

I wonder if making the Hero lose health over time and only replenish by getting kills would help. As it is the Hero gets the most kills by constantly running away and luring troops into choke points.

0racle

Guys

im done and im frustrated.

Not because the game is not fun but because I feel cheated. I cant think of another game that was this stripped of content. I am bored to shit and my playtime is 5.5 hours. I LOVE the gameplay mechanics and everything else ...graphics sound etc etc etc. but every match I play I say to myself i was JUST fucking here. its like listening to a good song too many times in a row.

PrankT

Guys

Not because the game is not fun but because I feel cheated. I cant think of another game that was this stripped of content. I am bored to shit and my playtime is 5.5 hours. I LOVE the gameplay mechanics and everything else ...graphics sound etc etc etc. but every match I play I say to myself i was JUST fucking here. its like listening to a good song too many times in a row.

I'm 23 hours in and still haven't played some of the modes and enjoy every time I jump on. Learning the nuances of the maps, modes, weapons, and items is all part the fun for me. If you're bored after 5 hours then you definitely should move on to something else.

LowParry

Guys

I find rotating through different modes the fun way to go about it. You get a bit more of the variety with your maps and objectives. Plus we have a new map and mode coming out soon. I'd say give it a little more time and if you feel the same, time to move on then I suppose.

0racle

I'm 23 hours in and still haven't played some of the modes and enjoy every time I jump on. Learning the nuances of the maps, modes, weapons, and items is all part the fun for me. If you're bored after 5 hours then you definitely should move on to something else.

yeah for sure. Its a good game to add to the collection but I typically like to *beat* a game before moving on. I dont really juggle games since I have too many to start with. I didnt expect to be done so soon. Its a shame

what are we getting with jakku dlc?

I know that BF4 and Battlefront are not the same, however for those that have played both, which do you like better and why ?

BF4 premium is currently $15 on Origin, but of course Battlefront is still the new hotness at MSRP-ville.

Aside from obvious price difference, thoughts ?

Ozorov

I know that BF4 and Battlefront are not the same, however for those that have played both, which do you like better and why ?

BF4 premium is currently $15 on Origin, but of course Battlefront is still the new hotness at MSRP-ville.

Battlefront by far. Battlefield is too hard to get into for me that has only the weekend to play a lot. But I liked them both.

hoserx

I have both and enjoy Battlefront more myself. It's just more fun to me, fast respawns when you die...... it's like playing in a Star Wars movie sometimes. BF4 is a great game but I've done all that before.

If you have that bbuy GCU you can get battlefront on PC for $48!

MADGAME

Finally, FINALLY won a Hero Hunt. It was the last multiplayer game I needed for the In A Galaxy Far, Far, Away trophy. It popped, but my blast trophy still hasn't :( Should I try to win Blast again? The game knows I won one or this trophy wouldn't have been given to me.

Just need the single player ones now.

bargeparty

I really dislike walker assault.

It's funny how a company like dice that have been making multiplayer shooters for so long can be so bad at it.

Battlefront by far. Battlefield is too hard to get into for me that has only the weekend to play a lot. But I liked them both.

That's what I was somewhat leaning towards. I love DayZ/survival games and have been contemplating getting Arma 3 since the mods seem to better with that than DayZ standalone.

I just have to decide if I want something with non stop action or more paced out strategic multiplayer at the moment. Both have their pros and cons.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Finally, FINALLY won a Hero Hunt. It was the last multiplayer game I needed for the In A Galaxy Far, Far, Away trophy. It popped, but my blast trophy still hasn't :( Should I try to win Blast again? The game knows I won one or this trophy wouldn't have been given to me.

Yeah, mine will not pop either. I had the most kills in Blast on 3 occasions, and only played a handful of times. Tried 3 different days to get it to pop, no luck so far. Hopefully there is a patch with Jakku.

Also the companion app/webpage has much more detailed stats as well to track everything.

Got most kills in blast about five times already, no achievement.

MADGAME

Yeah, mine will not pop either. I had the most kills in Blast on 3 occasions, and only played a handful of times. Tried 3 different days to get it to pop, no luck so far. Hopefully there is a patch with Jakku.

Also the companion app/webpage has much more detailed stats as well to track everything.
I like the app quite a bit. Does it show somewhere if you get most kills in Blast? I looked in Accomplishments and Detailed Stats but don't see it.

Got most kills in blast about five times already, no achievement.
Hmmm okay, guess there is no point in specifically trying for it again if it won't work.

Toa TAK

Banned
You're going to have to earn the Blast achievement by getting most kills in a match and the round timer has to run out.

So you must to have the most kills BUT also have them AS the timer heads to zero.

It's dumb.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like the app quite a bit. Does it show somewhere if you get most kills in Blast? I looked in Accomplishments and Detailed Stats but don't see it.

Hmmm okay, guess there is no point in specifically trying for it again if it won't work.

I do not believe it gets into that much detail. I do wish this was in the games UI, but I guess they need a reason for you to have the app. A lot of games are doing this I noticed.

You're going to have to earn the Blast achievement by getting most kills in a match and the round timer has to run out.

So you must to have the most kills BUT also have them AS the timer heads to zero.

It's dumb.

Is that what it was, and why some got it and some don't? If so, that needs a patch for that alone, lol.

Isn't it win in every game mode, not just play them?

There is two, one for play every mode, and another for win at least once in every mode.

Hero Hunt, you will forsaken me!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
『Inaba Resident』;187094198 said:
Haven't been able to connect to this game's servers ever since PSN went down yesterday.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Try rebooting your modem/router, also restart your PS4 if you have not done so already, or 'rebuild database' (laugh, but this shit is a band-aide that does fix a lot of silly issues) if that does not work.

Dubz

Got this last night and man do a lot of people suck at this. And I was afraid that me being under geared was going to be a problem.

JimiNutz

Banned
The game was infinitely better at the start where everyone had bog standard blasters, now it just sucks

They should do a mode where Rebels can only use the A280C, Imperials can only use the E-11.
Like a back to basics mode or something.

I wouldn't play it, but I understand why some people want it.

MADGAME

Another question, why are my teammates shooting at me when I am a Shadow Trooper? After hitting level 50 an playing as an Imperial, many of my teammates constantly shoot at me. Doesn't happen when I play as Zabrak Rebel. I don't play a lot of shooters, is this some sort of common thing to do to max level players?

Battlefront. I played a crap load of BF4, but I haven't loved one since Bad Company 2. The skill gap in Battlefield is too big to keep up with.

However, especially on PC... you might be better off going with BF4 simply because of content and it feels like it's "evergreen." I mean, it's fully updated on PS4 and everything... but revisiting it there is just stale to me. PC version of those games always feels fresh to me. Maybe it's because you can always throw new hardware at it... or all the servers.

MADGAME

Are you playing with Americans?

I'm in the USA, but not sure where the people I'm playing with are from. I'd imagine the matchmaking would sync me up with people somewhat close by.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears you were making some sort of racism joke or other reference.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Had some amazing games last night, but today has been shit. Bad games all around and I've now experienced the lousy spawning on a few occasions. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom