• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you playing with Americans?

Rcl5be1.jpg

I am quite convinced that it's impossible to win as Imperials if the game starts 20vs20. We pushed a Rebel team to the absolute brink today and on the second and final uplink segment I was constantly racing for the uplink shutdown.

And they still won. Even if they get three Y-wings per segment, they'll probably win.
Screenshot-Original.png

Yeah, the Rebels have an insane advantage on Endor. On multiple occasions I've been on a Rebel team that destroys the walker during the first segment.

I know that BF4 and Battlefront are not the same, however for those that have played both, which do you like better and why ?

BF4 premium is currently $15 on Origin, but of course Battlefront is still the new hotness at MSRP-ville.

Aside from obvious price difference, thoughts ?

I've had more fun with Battlefront in a few days than I've had with BF4 in months. The game is just damn good, very polished.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Another question, why are my teammates shooting at me when I am a Shadow Trooper? After hitting level 50 an playing as an Imperial, many of my teammates constantly shoot at me. Doesn't happen when I play as Zabrak Rebel. I don't play a lot of shooters, is this some sort of common thing to do to max level players?
Does shadow trooper get a gold outline? I kept shooting some guy on my team in Blast who had a gold outline because I wasn't sure if he was an enemy or not!

leng jai

I reckon at least two thirds of my deaths on Supremacy boil down to either:

- Spawning right next to an enemy (or 10) or turret and dying in 2 seconds.
- Getting randomly one shot by a homing missile.
- Spammed by grenades or barrage.
- Killed by a Hero where I have zero chance.

Fun times.

Fun times.

Supremacy spawns are the worst.

Ozorov

Fun times.

What do you mean by random?

Played for about 40 hrs, but I still get all giddy when playing walker assault or supremacy on Endor, explosions going of, trees shattering and falling down. So fucking good.

antonz

Yup, same here. They need to balance that map

Its a tough map to fix. Only 1 walker they should only have 1 relay per phase. Relay location is an issue as well. Outside and the rebels blend in far too well and inside can be so easily locked down by a competent team. The first one in the bunker if the rebels play even partially smart is the killer. Lock down the bunker and its basically over for the Empire.

Hikami

Yeah, the Rebels have an insane advantage on Endor. On multiple occasions I've been on a Rebel team that destroys the walker during the first segment.
Yep. Haven't won that one as an imperial yet at all. They should've just gave them only one uplink at least, since there's only one AT-AT.

Popsickles

Slightly off topic, but what ps4 Gold headset profile are you guys using as the sound on this game is fucking awesome and I want it to sound the best.

mileS

Slightly off topic, but what ps4 Gold headset profile are you guys using as the sound on this game is fucking awesome and I want it to sound the best.

I have it on Batman I believe. I tried Far Cry 4 but that was a little hollow and dull for some strange reason. I haven't messed around with any more, its hard to tell the difference sometimes. Nobody seems to talk about it much online so its also hard to find opinions on it.

Klyka

Banned
I brought my KDR from 1.07 up to 1.22 in 2 days of playing.

The gameplay has now "clicked" with me and I fuck men up good with my blaster.
Explosive shot for life.

anteevy

Anyone else having the "bug" that if the Wilhelm Scream appears once, suddenly the next ~3 death screams you hear all have the Wilhelm Scream? :D

I know that BF4 and Battlefront are not the same, however for those that have played both, which do you like better and why ?

BF4 premium is currently $15 on Origin, but of course Battlefront is still the new hotness at MSRP-ville.

Aside from obvious price difference, thoughts ?

BF4 is a much better game hands down, but it's had a long time to get there. This game has a lot of kinks that may or may not be worked out. If you want something that is equal parts casual and infuriating, this game is it haha. There's definitely fun to be had, though

MDave

I'm happy my win ratio is 70%. I don't care if my KD ratio is 0.7 though hah. This is 10 hours in, just reached level 15. Should I keep playing?! I have no friends on PC hah. Add me up if you want, though! MDaveUK

I have only ever been the hero twice in Supremacy/Walker Assault. AT-AT twice.

So I'm guessing the reason people are getting 60-10 KD ratios is because they get into the AT-AT's and A-Wings as often as possible and keep jumping back in when the spawn icon shows up?

What about just having a score ranking where objective points outrank kills? Seems like that would make more sense in a game like this. Well, in the objective modes, obviously. Leave kill/death in TDM for those people

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Been playing Fighter Squadron a lot, jumped into a blast game. Jesus, DL-44, double grenade spamming, homing shots, pule canons, all one shotting and some from quite the distance taking people out like a mile away. Kinda turned to shit to be honest, think I'll go back to Fighter Squadron.

If there is one thing I hate in any game, it's one shot kill abilities that take little to no skill. I mean you headshot someone across a map with a sniper rifle, thats fine, you auto lock onto someone and it homes in on them across the map, thats just bullshit.

They should take out kill/death. It doesn't belong in this type of game at all

I don't think it should be removed entirely. Score should have a higher emphasis overall. It would help to increase the points awarded for completing objectives, especially to assisting with the primary objectives.

Majin Boo

They need to give more points for actually playing the objective first. Otherwise people will just go for kills anyways.

Jup. And the kills you do in objective modes should simply not be added to your statistics, that's how Uncharted 3 did it, I'm so tired of being the only one who even tries to get the enemy cargo...

I'm happy my win ratio is 70%. I don't care if my KD ratio is 0.7 though hah. This is 10 hours in, just reached level 15. Should I keep playing?! I have no friends on PC hah. Add me up if you want, though! MDaveUK

I have only ever been the hero twice in Supremacy/Walker Assault. AT-AT twice.

So I'm guessing the reason people are getting 60-10 KD ratios is because they get into the AT-AT's and A-Wings as often as possible and keep jumping back in when the spawn icon shows up?

Not really. I am not on pc, Xbox One, so I can't say if the skill level is substantially less. Most of the time I am on the ground and far removed from hogging the AT-AT spawns (I will pick one up if I pass it by and the AT-AT is in a good spot).

Once you get map movement down and you know where 90% of the enemy team will funnel, it becomes relatively easy to flank them and rack up plenty of kills.

It also helps that a large share of this game's player base is casual, you'll generally run into a few people that can truly 'outshoot' you but if you're somewhat decent you can manhandle most of the enemy team.

cormack12

Gold Member
This game was fun until everyone unlocked jetpacks. Now it's just chasing power-ups until you get the hero and not PTFO.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Went to link my companion app and discovered my Origin acc has been hacked. My PS4 account is not linked and even the security question has been changed.

:-/

Okay I'm getting pretty tired of the DL-44 now. I got the Blow Your Money edition and got the blaster early and while it obviously wrecked, I didn't like how it felt and it sort of ruined the fun so I abandoned it.

Now I see that everyone else is catching up and it is now the most common gun that kills me and it's just annoying. No time to react or even start to turn around, just a sound and I'm gone.

Add my name in support of nerf so that people go back to using a variety of weapons.

They should take out kill/death. It doesn't belong in this type of game at all
But I love seeing more of an emphasis on who had the most kills at the end of drop zone, Who cares about the people playing the objective.
/S
I agree with you. In some modes it works, but take it out of Walker Assult, Drop Zone, and whatever the other objective based modes are called.
I've seen plenty of times where my team just runs right past an unclaimed drop pod, not even bothering to stop and claim it.

3DShovel

It really is at a point where the only thing I do to is the DL-44.

I don't think anyone would be against nerfing it but the plebs that rely on it to be good.

Klyka

Banned
Which one did click?

I like the 5shot burst pistol. It's pretty damn sweet,especially with explosive shot.

But in general just the feel of the game has clicked for me.
How to use radar and stay off of it yourself. How to abuse third person to look around corners and ambush. How to throw grenades, how to defend points etc...

Hell,today I took a Luke down from 100 health to 17 by myself just with nades, explosive shots and my jetpack usage. Sure,he was a bad Luke, but still!

Game just clicked with me now. I got my "Battlefront Instincts" basically and instincts are worth a lot in a game.
Played for 16 hours now.

Okay I'm getting pretty tired of the DL-44 now. I got the Blow Your Money edition and got the blaster early and while it obviously wrecked, I didn't like how it felt and it sort of ruined the fun so I abandoned it.

Now I see that everyone else is catching up and it is now the most common gun that kills me and it's just annoying. No time to react or even start to turn around, just a sound and I'm gone.

Add my name in support of nerf so that people go back to using a variety of weapons.

Was about to make this same post. I didn't get the special editions but unlocked it at rank 25. I used it in one match and was blown away how little fun it was to play with. 2 hit kills? What a joke thats no fun at all. Went straight back to my EE-3. The DL-44 has completely turned me off from cargo, Droid run and drop zone. Pretty much any smaller game type is ruined by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom