• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffy

Neo Member
This game is alot better than the internet would have you believe. I grabbed it yesterday despite what I was reading because I enjoyed streams and I'm glad I did. Takes some getting used to but it's pretty enjoyable and very polished. Some things frustrate me (that Han Solo pistol - which I don't have because I didn't pay the extra, and A-Wings) but other than that a pretty fun experience.

Filben

Only played the beta on PS4. Does it get any more complex like in the beta? It felt like a dumbed down Battlefield. I missed the depth of Battlefield (class combination in your team AND squad and coordinate those accordingly). Felt more arcade. But could be only due to being beta.

Only played the beta on PS4. Does it get any more complex like in the beta? It felt like a dumbed down Battlefield. I missed the depth of Battlefield (class combination in your team AND squad and coordinate those accordingly). Felt more arcade. But could be only due to being beta.

Being more arcade is the biggest point for the game. And the full game is still like that which is great IMO.

I dont need 40+ weapons like in BF4. To have a "class".

You can still basicly create some kind of class with your Starcard setups.

And please the game plays nothing like Battlefield, its not really a dumbed down version of that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It's a bit richer than the beta due to the wider diversity of equipment loadouts, but retains a similar arcadey feel. Which isn't a problem at all, in my opinion. But strategic and encounter depth is, like the beta, lesser than Battlefield 4. Objectives and match flow is generally quite streamlined, and diversity of role (as constructed by the player) is lesser. It's part and parcel of the game design, but yeah. If you didn't enjoy the beta it's unlikely you'll enjoy the main game.

Filben

But strategic and encounter depth is, like the beta, lesser than Battlefield 4. Objectives and match flow is generally quite streamlined, and diversity of role (as constructed by the player) is lesser. It's part and parcel of the game design, but yeah. If you didn't enjoy the beta it's unlikely you'll enjoy the main game.
Thanks for the response. I think it's not my type of game, then.

Now that people have unlocked more, I think they should beef up some of the heroes a bit. I really want to play as Vader and the Emperor, but both of them are pretty easy to kill. I liked how you had unlimited block in the beta, it forced people to flank you. It's kinda dumb that the blocking runs out as fast as it does and then you just stand there (as Vader and Palpatine). Luke has the added benefit of being able to quickly get out if he needs to.

Yopis

No hardcore mode and preset moves on a cool down for flying, via dpad are horrible. Fun game though,pretty simple, but a blast to play. After about 20 hours I feel slight boredom creeping in. Not upset I purchased though. With the ultra generous aim assist,and lack of classes, this is not Battlefield.

Had my first instance of being in a Walker Assault map with a player who was invulnerable. Boy that shit was annoying. I was on the imperial side, him rebel.

For most of the match he basically massacred everyone who got near him and the control points. Then he got himself on TOP of the walker's head and just fired homing shots at anything he could see. Shitloads of kills for him, zero deaths. The whole time he was in chat talking about how it's a valid tactic and not a cheat because EA put it in the game.

:\

moai

The emperor is very usefull for controlling uplinks on wa. If you get near one inside a corridor or base its impossible to get in as a rebel.

Apeboy

Had my first instance of being in a Walker Assault map with a player who was invulnerable. Boy that shit was annoying. I was on the imperial side, him rebel.

For most of the match he basically massacred everyone who got near him and the control points. Then he got himself on TOP of the walker's head and just fired homing shots at anything he could see. Shitloads of kills for him, zero deaths. The whole time he was in chat talking about how it's a valid tactic and not a cheat because EA put it in the game.

:

Why is it that bugs like this bite the dbags more times than not?

Why can't it effect someone who would take the opportunity to make the best emote video ever?

Why is it that bugs like this bite the dbags more times than not?

Why can't it effect someone who would take the opportunity to make the best emote video ever?
No idea. And barring your second point, maybe the person could be like "I'm not going to ruin your games, so bye" and log off to play a different match. Too much to ask for I know. :)

this is the first time i play an online shooter on a console. how are you supposed to aim fast and precisely with a gamepad? Most off the time i manage to aim right next to someone instead at the body. can someone give me some tips? thanks.

UV-6

Just had the most crazy Drop Zone game. The first pod alone was contested for 10 minutes, just kept going back and fourth. The game seemed to go on forever, the last 2 rounds we had 2 pods on the go. It was utter chaos!

bosseye

Friend of mine got the invincibility glitch, he took good advantage of it and melee'd Darth Vader to death. Took a while, they just stood there swiping at each other. Vader must have been raging.

UV-6

this is the first time i play an online shooter on a console. how are you supposed to aim fast and precisely with a gamepad? Most off the time i manage to aim right next to someone instead at the body. can someone give me some tips? thanks.
To be honest, the best thing to do is practise. Use the single-player missions to get a feel for it. You can also adjust the sensitivity to see what works best for you.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Just had a Cargo mission that refused to not be 5-5 the entire time. Defense on both sides was just rock-solid. I didn't even mind the draw.

Also my defense partner loved spamming "I have a really bad feeling about this" as much as I do. <3

arimanius

Are you playing in 1st person or 3rd. IMO 3rd person is the way to go. Aiming is much faster if you don't zoom in. I always crouch while firing but I'm also using the RT-97C which is the "machine gun" weapon. Otherwise just takes practice.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is an excellent point made. DICE, listen to this man!

Put less emphasis on kills / deaths at the end and more on the points earned for helping complete objectives. This helps create a better 'feel good' about focusing on objectives instead of the 'feel good' I killed the most, died the least using any means necessary even if it impacts the objectives in a negative way.

So much this!

To be honest, the best thing to do is practise. Use the single-player missions to get a feel for it. You can also adjust the sensitivity to see what works best for you.

thanks. i didnt know about the sensitivity. Ill play around with it.

Are you playing in 1st person or 3rd. IMO 3rd person is the way to go. Aiming is much faster if you don't zoom in. I always crouch while firing but I'm also using the RT-97C which is the "machine gun" weapon. Otherwise just takes practice.

I played mainly in 1st person view and mostly zoomed in. Ill try 3rd person without zooming in.

My guess is when the PSN store is updated for the PS4 users, no clue on Xbox One or PC users.

Uncharted 4 MP beta & Just Cause 3 out on Tuesday for PSN users. Could be a slow download day for me that day.

Uncharted 4 beta is out on Tuesday? I thought it was Friday ?

Anyway, looking forward to Jakku, I'm really having fun with Battlefront except when I'm experiencing connection issues.

Digby

Neo Member
Anyone own both the pc and ps4 version and spent time with both? Aside from graphical differences, is one more enjoyable over the other?

Finally got Palpatine again, immediately meet two honor guards that straight up immediately switch to rocket and blast me to bits.

Meh, great games overall today but no luck in heros.

Man I don't even think I'll be able to play today. Servers are terrible. It's my first time getting "Very bad, game will be unplayable" .

Oh and I'm on Xbox One, UK btw.

GeeTeeCee

Ugh, just had a Walker Assault match on Sullust where the rebels had four ships in the air and control of all of the turbolasers. Not fun.

PBalfredo

The visual design for Sullust, the one planet that doesn't lean on the movies for inspiration, is really strong.

It's a bad place for AT-STs though. The level is just a big canyon where rockets are coming in from all sides.

I thought some of you were probably overreacting in regards to the DL-44. I only just remembered to download it after getting early access with the console. It is ridiculously OP.

I died 5 times in a row on respawning me in the same place. Fucking ridiculous.

Also, should I go scout or the other 2?the health regen one looks good and so does the damage reduction trait...

The visual design for Sullust, the one planet that doesn't lean on the movies for inspiration, is really strong.

It's a bad place for AT-STs though. The level is just a big canyon where rockets are coming in from all sides.

I disagree, really bland map and the worst themed currently in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom