• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Two more days before a patch.

Please let there be a patch soon.

"We heard your cries about the DL-44 and we agree that it is not in an ideal Situation.
With this patch, the DL-44 receives the following changes:

- increased damage to Body by 15%
- increased Body and headshot damage at Long range by 30%
- increased fire rate
- decreased amount of heat generated per shot
- added "hair Trigger" to the DL-44, allowing you to fire it as quickly as you can press your button

We believe this will make the gun a bit more competitive and give you that genuine 'Han Solo feel'"

Ok, they should just buff Vader. Slow as a brick, and people just wait you out or blow you up with explosives. He has no counter to the non-stop homing rockets that you're going to get. I completely wrecked Luke in a duel though, so he has that going for him.

Also, damn I am loving Han.
Goodbye Boba!

Not sure about anyone else but Im sick of being one-shotted all the time now. Starting to think all the "elite" players are cheaters.

Still enjoy the game though.

I'm definitely having more fun in the smaller game modes so far. The larger maps tend to funnel you down too narrow a path, though I do like jumping into Walker Assault occasionally. Droid Run and Drop Zone are probably my favourite modes.

Noobcraft

This game has me wanting to build a gaming PC. I've been spending time with the EA Access trial on XB1, and while it looks great at 720p, I really want to see it maxed out. What would it cost for a PC that can comfortably run it at 1080P, 60fps maxed?

"We heard your cries about the DL-44 and we agree that it is not in an ideal Situation.

- increased fire rate
- added "hair Trigger" to the DL-44, allowing you to fire it as quickly as you can press your button

We believe this will make the gun a bit more competitive and give you that genuine 'Han Solo feel'"

Edit. Read properly.

I'm definitely having more fun in the smaller game modes so far. The larger maps tend to funnel you down too narrow a path, though I do like jumping into Walker Assault occasionally. Droid Run and Drop Zone are probably my favourite modes.

I'm starting to agree with you. Need to play more of the smaller game modes as I get killed constantly in the larger game modes

Is the game 30 or 60fps on console?
60 right?

Also, why do you zoom in? it does nothing.

And wow this Plays totally different on consoles XD
WTF there are like, People Standing in cover and Shooting and firefights and People slowly moving around and stuff.
The fuck is this? Is this the same game I am playing?

Its 60FPS, but I don't know if the recording is 60.
I zoom because I prefer it. It doesn't hurt and I tried it without zooming in and didn't like it.
The matches are always very different. Sometime it feels like I'm playing against people who just got the game, the next time all I see is alien players(so rank 45+) who know what they are doing.
I also have the PC version, but so far I almost exclusively played on Ps4.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I thought some of you were probably overreacting in regards to the DL-44. I only just remembered to download it after getting early access with the console. It is ridiculously OP.

I was beast with it ad first, but now I am not sure if it is a bug, but sometimes I will fire it, and it appears not to fire at all, almost like the other player is causing me to have a stasis effect. (no overheating, just pulling the trigger and no animation, or shots, almost like a pause in shooting).

Just been rolling around with the E-11 or the A280C, sometimes the DH-17.

adj_noun

- increased fire rate

Next they need to buff the poor A-wing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

- increased fire rate

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing.

I was beast with it ad first, but now I am not sure if it is a bug, but sometimes I will fire it, and it appears not to fire at all, almost like the other player is causing me to have a stasis effect. (no overheating, just pulling the trigger and no animation, or shots, almost like a pause in shooting).

Just been rolling around with the E-11 or the A280C, sometimes the DH-17.

I noticed that but I just assumed it was because it had overheated. Maybe it's something different.

I've just unlocked the EE-3. Really enjoying using that at the moment.

Klyka

Banned
Jawa rifle?

Yeah that one. The C-something

"As most of you have suspected, the hitbox on the A-Wing has been broken due to a bug. This has led to a vast difference in Performance of the A-Wing which was not intended.
The following changes were made to the A-Wing to help bring it more in line with the other ships:

- decreased hitbox size by 80% (this was too big because of aforementioned bug)
- increased laser damage by 25%
- increased accuracy of lock on by 30%
- lowered shield recharge time to 2 seconds

We feel this will make the A-Wing much more enjoyable to fly with for all Rebels out there!"

heringer

Is the game 30 or 60fps on console?
60 right?

Also, why do you zoom in? it does nothing.

And wow this Plays totally different on consoles XD
WTF there are like, People Standing in cover and Shooting and firefights and People slowly moving around and stuff.
The fuck is this? Is this the same game I am playing?

Why wouldn't you zoom in? With pistols you don't lose any speed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I noticed that but I just assumed it was because it had overheated. Maybe it's something different.

I've just unlocked the EE-3. Really enjoying using that at the moment.

It could be overheating, and maybe being so fast paced I was not noticing it, but I will try it again and pay more attention.

What it could be, is that I was more methodical when I first played, and now I am rushing too fast paced. I am going to try and slow it down again when I use it, and see how that goes.

It is easy to fall into the rush/panic play-style traps. When if you slow it down a hair, I notice better success. I also just recently discovered what the hell a trait was all this time, lol. I did not know I could have it set as it's own passive. Never purchased one because I thought they took the spot of the charged star cards, lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That feeling of jumping into a TIE only to find Rebels have three active A-Wings.

Why live.

DavidDesu

I found I've been playing A LOT of Dropzone. I'm not much of a FPS player and I know this is a standard kind of setup, but it definitely is a lot of fun. It's just great when everyone's rushing to get the pod and the numerous taking over of a pod from one team to the other. Just a really fun mode that constantly keeps up the excitement levels.

I'm looking forward to more maps incoming and yeah I'l definitely be buying the season pass, for my sins. I just have too much fun and I think my Star Wars hype can really go on for some time before I might even start getting bored. I do hope Dice take on board some legitimate criticism regarding some issues and I hope there's scope for them to make changes to things as significant as the loadouts available in each mode. For instance I'd like to see things like Homing Shot and the being able to double up on grenades to be removed where it suits. Homing Shot on an open map like Hoth during Walker Assault is just cheap and nasty for the recipient. Getting killed and not even having a chance to do anything about it, grr! Having two different types of grenades on the smaller maps is also just an absolute riot, as much as I'm guilty of this myself I'd like to see it curtailed.

Fighter Squadron could be fleshed out with more objectives, I'd especially like to see ground objectives and things spread around. As it is there's a whirlwind in the middle of the map where everyone is pulling tight circles and shooting anything that moves. It could and should be more expansive somehow, and matches need to last longer, which could coincide with expanding the objectives.

One big gripe about Fighter Squadron is the UI. See, if you switch it off completely you can clearly make out what is a Tie Fighter or an X Wing etc, but with the UI on everything is basically reduced to a red blob that completely covers up what ship is what. Of course to see a targeting reticule etc you need the UI on, but the game REALLY doesn't need those red blips to show you the enemies, that should be a basic part of the gameplay, spotting which is which and shooting appropriately.

Hopped back into this after binging on Fallout 4 and get frustrated when hitting triangle doesnt make me jump.

Also - had a lot of lag issues until restarting the game. Odd - like it thought I was in Europe or something.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
These patch notes are killing me. Fuck the A-Wings.

jackdoe

That feeling of jumping into a TIE only to find Rebels have three active A-Wings.

Why live.
I ran into the same situation as you. But I managed to take two of them down, before getting killed by the the third A-Wing in a suicide crash. It wasn't easy at all and Rebel air superiority is a joke.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah that one. The C-something

"As most of you have suspected, the hitbox on the A-Wing has been broken due to a bug. This has led to a vast difference in Performance of the A-Wing which was not intended.
The following changes were made to the A-Wing to help bring it more in line with the other ships:

- decreased hitbox size by 80% (this was too big because of aforementioned bug)
- increased laser damage by 25%
- increased accuracy of lock on by 30%
- lowered shield recharge time to 2 seconds

We feel this will make the A-Wing much more enjoyable to fly with for all Rebels out there!"

Funny I decided to see their forums, which are visited by a handful of people judging by replies (compared to sites like this one, reddit, ign, etc)... most dedicated game forums seem to be on the light side, so I do hope they look elsewhere when gathering feedback. But the complaints even call it a hero ship.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...quadron-the-a-wing-is-practically-a-hero-ship

I LOVE the bounty Hunter trait, nothing like being in a firefight when suddenly getting gifted a Thermal Imploder or Infantry turret, so great.

Hopped back into this after binging on Fallout 4 and get frustrated when hitting triangle doesnt make me jump.

I keep pressing R3 expecting to crouch only to melee the air, lol.

Preface that personally I had fun but between last night and this morning, 0-11 in Supremacy matches. i have no luck in this mode but have fun trying to push objectives.

Klyka

Banned
I love the supremacy rounds when from start to end you and your Team just rush from Point to Point,taking each one in a Minute or less and finishing the entire round in Sub 5 min.

vypek

I died 5 times in a row on respawning me in the same place. Fucking ridiculous.

Try dying 9 times in a row due to an A-Wing moving between spawn points and Luke saber throwing. I'm actually really tired of heroes.

I wanted to keep plahing until I played Jakku but I think I might shelf the game a little earlier than that. Cons are starting to outweigh the pros for me. Maybe at 15 or 16 hours I will decide to continue or not so I can say I gave the game a fair shake.

If they ever add instant action I will come back.

Haines

Banned
Guys

im done and im frustrated.

Not because the game is not fun but because I feel cheated. I cant think of another game that was this stripped of content. I am bored to shit and my playtime is 5.5 hours. I LOVE the gameplay mechanics and everything else ...graphics sound etc etc etc. but every match I play I say to myself i was JUST fucking here. its like listening to a good song too many times in a row.

Play a better game. hell play a real battlefield game.

Beefy

Also, should I go scout or the other 2?the health regen one looks good and so does the damage reduction trait...

You're lucky. I kept getting spawned in large groups of enemies over and over. What start of me being 4-0 ended me being 11 and 21. I spawned 20 times in at least a group of 10+ people.

Also server is still messing up (PS4 UK).

Ozorov

Also, should I go scout or the other 2?the health regen one looks good and so does the damage reduction trait...

I did go for bodyguard, I think its really good. But so is Scout, haven't seen the health-reg. one.

Someone saved me from vaders force grip. If he is killed during the process you just drop and live.

Same thing happened to me! I thought I was fucked as I'm picked out of the air and start moving closer to him, but then I drop. Haha so close too. Had like 15 health left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom