• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for the Hero ships and the massive disadvantages the Empire has, then yeah it would be good.
Those honestly don't bother me. The A-Wing definitely has something weird going on in terms of hit detection, but it doesn't seem to affect my win/loss ratio in terms of Rebels and Empire. Also the hero ships do have way too much HP, but they're also point making machines - it's easy to get on their tail and then just slam them endlessly with lasers while the points jackpot.

Ferrio

Banned
Those honestly don't bother me. The A-Wing definitely has something weird going on in terms of hit detection, but it doesn't seem to affect my win/loss ratio in terms of Rebels and Empire. Also the hero ships do have way too much HP, but they're also point making machines - it's easy to get on their tail and then just slam them endlessly with lasers while the points jackpot.

In fighter squadron it has a huge effect. Only way the empire wins is if the rebel team is really really bad.

In fighter squadron it has a huge effect. Only way the empire wins is if the rebel team is really really bad.

If the other team picks enough A-Wings and a MF is decent and can rack up kills early game, Imperials aren't going to be able to do shit. Oh, Slave 1? That's okay, shield's up, and you get rammed.

If the other team picks enough A-Wings and a MF is decent and can rack up kills early game, Imperials aren't going to be able to do shit. Oh, Slave 1? That's okay, shield's up, and you get rammed.
I've won a shitload of games as Imperials, I think that in Fighter Squadron I'm probably seeing a close to 50/50 split overall. TBH I usually see long winning or long losing streaks, irrespective of which faction I'm playing as. Players seem to have a much bigger effect than faction, at least in my experience so far.

I've won a shitload of games as Imperials, I think that in Fighter Squadron I'm probably seeing a close to 50/50 split overall. TBH I usually see long winning or long losing streaks, irrespective of which faction I'm playing as. Players seem to have a much bigger effect than faction, at least in my experience so far.

I mean, it's not that I haven't seen a 50/50 split either in my experience. But the way it is now has Imperials having to work much, much harder to win in comparison, as the Rebels have a broken hitbox flying machine and a death dealing MF to take out the Imperial's Hero by just driving right into it and surviving.

I don't think most people know about either tactic, but some of the games I've played take advantage of the one-sidedness very openly.

I mean, it's not that I haven't seen a 50/50 split either in my experience. But the way it is now has Imperials having to work much, much harder to win in comparison, as the Rebels have a broken hitbox flying machine and a death dealing MF to take out the Imperial's Hero by just driving right into it and surviving.

I don't think most people know about either tactic, but some of the games I've played take advantage of the one-sidedness very openly.

It is just easy as hell to start snowballing as Rebels. I can tell you this, since I've been picking A-Wing I have never lost on the Rebel side EVER. I almost always get 10-15 human kills with 0-1 deaths, if I get any more deaths it is because of someone competent on Slave-1 or AI Tie Fighters ramming me unexpectedly.

Once you start killing Empire in Fighter Squadron and have a handful of A-Wings you just start killing them 5-10 seconds after they spawn. Since they always spawn in the same place it is easy to pick them out and destroy them. They have zero chance. This is compounded by the fact that then you have 2-3 coming in at a time while your entire team is pretty much up the whole time. Empire also has less of a chance since the entire time Rebels are shooting any AI out of the sky instantly since there is nothing else to shoot at. I think random spawns(after the initial spawn) in Fighter Squadron would help out a lot and I hate to say this but even more AI. Not much but 5-10 more on each side and a little health bump.

I think part of the game should be finding Humans in the sea of AI and then targeting them and chasing them down. AI are just cannon fodder for you to kill while you are hunting for a player. That is what I do 99% of the time, just hover over red dots till I see a name, shoot down AI as I am coming out of killing a player or going for power ups. My absolute favorite mode and if they increase the ticket count to 300 or 350 and do the random spawns it will be a whole lot better.

Man, I'm not great at the standard game, barely having a 1.0 K/D ratio, but I'm not too bad at the Fighter Squadron mode.

CVCPwuAUEAAR3Gd.png:large

Kosma

Banned
Was really killing it last night on Dropzone. Got a few games with most pods activated and kills. Got my k/d up to 1. Also played some split screen this weekend and it worked fine. Bit of slow down but nothing bad.

Havent played the mode since beta really. Havent even triee all modes yet.

Game is so much fun, 12 hours in and thinking of getting sesaon pass.

Machina

Banned
What on earth is making you play this content starved, unbalanced game for 80 hours? We must know the secret!

There is no secret. Groupthink just sucks.

The game will be amazing once everything is balanced, but the content argument is just a load.

leng jai

Content isn't even close to this game's biggest problem. It's a multiplayer shooter - people are happy to play the same mode on a few maps over and over again provided the core experience is good enough.

The balance and spawning is downright embarrassing right now and needs to be fixed ASAP before half the player base rage quits. It's pathetic how one-sided maps are to a particular faction right from the start. Heroes sound cool on paper but it's not fun for anyone when they just run through killing everything in sight with ease and can spawn multiple times in one game. If you're on foot and see a Hero you might as well just run away.

Chuckie

So I am really enjoying the game and getting better at shooting people... but when I play Fighter Squadron I have no idea wtf I am doing.
It is like I am playing a different game then everybody else (where they know how to play and I don't).
I have played about 7 times and I destroyed 1 TIE.... by accidentally crashing in to it.

Help me :(

Ozorov

So I am really enjoying the game and getting better at shooting people... but when I play Fighter Squadron I have no idea wtf I am doing.
It is like I am playing a different game then everybody else (where they know how to play and I don't).
I have played about 7 times and I destroyed 1 TIE.... by accidentally crashing in to it.

You target a enemy with L2 and use the left stick to change you speed. Otherwise I don't know really :D.

I wonder if people who scream that the game has no content, know that Battlefront was announced E3 2013....

Its basicly a game done in 2 years and is way way more polished than battlefield 4.

Sure 1-2 maps more would have been great. But getting this done in 2 years was probably very hard for DICE.

FeD.nL

I wonder if people who scream that the game has no content, know that Battlefront was announced E3 2013....

Its basicly a game done in 2 years and is way way more polished than battlefield 4.

Sure 1-2 maps more would have been great. But getting this done in 2 years was probably very hard for DICE.

I have the agree with that. Between BF4 (enough maps/singleplayer, shitty performance) and Battlefront (Less content, phenomenal performance) they made the right call. But I do think it's not bad of gamers to ask for both.

Kosma

Banned
The balance and spawning is downright embarrassing right now and needs to be fixed ASAP before half the player base rage quits. It's pathetic how one-sided maps are to a particular faction right from the start. Heroes sound cool on paper but it's not fun for anyone when they just run through killing everything in sight with ease and can spawn multiple times in one game. If you're on foot and see a Hero you might as well just run away.

If you just run away you are playing the game wrong, sorry. You need to damage the hero and it will take multiple people to bring one down and yes you will die but you need to try to take him/her down. That's the objective of this game.

There are some weird issues with spawning, but mostly about spawning too far from the action.

deim0s

This game is not on my radar at all. Was expecting it that the servers would crash and burn on day one - matchmaking issues, the lot. Three days later I was shown on my PS4 how it is at the time and I grabbed it the next day.

Agree that it needs more maps... hey a Death Star tunnel run for Fighter Squadron or Death Star Blast map or even repel the Imperial Boarding party on the ship would be great.

Here's a tip that has helped me demolish anything,and I was terrible at Fighter Sqaudron.

Speed into battle, and then reduce your speed to the lowest available speed when your in the thick of things.

This means that your damage is now the highest it can be.

Enjoy many kills.

MBison

I think a lot of people's complaints would be squashed by utilizing some of the game's tools correctly.

- dl-44 is good but only in smaller games. Having trouble versus and getting killed a lot with your weapon? Use explosive shot. Collect charges all the time.

- sick of rebels always winning Walker assault? Have your second star card ready with an ion torpedo. Imperials can shoot down the y wings. I wish more people did this.

- I'll concede Endor wa is rebel leaned and i dunno what to make of fighter squadron (rebels win a lot more it seems)

leng jai

If you just run away you are playing the game wrong, sorry. You need to damage the hero and it will take multiple people to bring one down and yes you will die but you need to try to take him/her down. That's the objective of this game.

There are some weird issues with spawning, but mostly about spawning too far from the action.

Not if it's just you around and the Hero is looking right at you. You have zero chance to do anything and pretty much die instantly. Yeah if you're out of their site and shoot at them from a distance it's a war of attrition and focus fire. They're not balanced at all, Boba Fett in particular is just stupid. They should spawn once a match in Supremacy not 2-4 times like it is now.

The main issue with spawning definitely isn't spawning too far away, I'd take that any time compared to the amount of times I've spawn right next to an enemy (or 10), turret or underneath an AT-ST that just killed me 2 seconds ago.

Ozorov

Not if it's just you around and the Hero is looking right at you. You have zero chance to do anything and pretty much die instantly. Yeah if you're out of their site and shoot at them from a distance it's a war of attrition and focus fire. They're not balanced at all, Boba Fett in particular is just stupid. They should spawn once a match in Supremacy not 2-4 times like it is now.

The main issue with spawning definitely isn't spawning too far away, I'd take that any time compared to the amount of times I've spawn right next to an enemy (or 10), turret or underneath an AT-ST that just killed me 2 seconds ago.

There seems like this spawning issue is only with supremacy-mode, or am I wrong?

I also agree with the hero spawning multiple times. Would be nice if they limit the hero spawns to 1-2 for each side per game

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why do all multiplayer shooters have dumb unlock systems these days?

Kosma

Banned
Sure it's hard then, one of the reasons why I always have an impact grenade is to be able to try and throw one when I see the situation is FUBAR.

On Walker Assault, in the final stages you can get bad spawns, but I haven't seen this in any other mode. I've only really had it on Hoth as Rebels btw (maybe it was Supremacy).

Waldini

Man, I've been playing this game for 2 days now. The sound and graphics are really great.

The only thing it's lacking is content. However, knowing DICE ... we will get a shit-load of new content the coming months.

... about Jakku though. How are they going to handle Heroes vs Villains? Cause ... it takes place AFTER the Battle of Endor which means;

- Darth Vader = redeemed > hero?
- Palpatine got "shafted" (get it?)
- Fett is dead.

Can't wait for those live-streams of Jakku tonight.

Machina

Banned
I think a lot of people's complaints would be squashed by utilizing some of the game's tools correctly.

- dl-44 is good but only in smaller games. Having trouble versus and getting killed a lot with your weapon? Use explosive shot. Collect charges all the time.

- sick of rebels always winning Walker assault? Have your second star card ready with an ion torpedo. Imperials can shoot down the y wings. I wish more people did this.

- I'll concede Endor wa is rebel leaned and i dunno what to make of fighter squadron (rebels win a lot more it seems)

A Wings and the Falcon are both OP as fuck

Lulu23

Man, I've been playing this game for 2 days now. The sound and graphics are really great.

The only thing it's lacking is content. However, knowing DICE ... we will get a shit-load of new content the coming months.

... about Jakku though. How are they going to handle Heroes vs Villains? Cause ... it takes place AFTER the Battle of Endor which means;

- Fett is dead.

Isn't Fett also dead when the Battle of Endor takes place?

- Fett is dead.

They won't address that. Or just handwave "clones" or something.

I'm okay with that. It's not like this game adheres to any sort of canon anyways.

Theorry

I dont think the Dl44 is that good. I agree when you get killed by it you know right away it was the DL44. Because its feels weird. But outside close quarters its crap. Also you would think its a accurate gun with that damage. Wich it isnt also. I do think they need to get get rid of the one hit headshot kill. That just feels very cheap.

Machina

Banned
C'mon DICE I want my Battle of Yavin map!

So Endor with ancient Temples and no Ewoks? I'll take that.

I know no major battles ever took place there, but I think Dagobah would make a really awesome smaller map. The moody swamp weather can negate visibility and it might even open the door to Yoda as a hero.

Waldini

Here's hoping they'll eventually add Yavin, Dantooine (?), Coruscant and many more.

Am I the only one ... but does Hoth actually makes you feel really cold when playing on that map? Damn.

leng jai

I dont think the Dl44 is that good. I agree when you get killed by it you know right away it was the DL44. Because its feels weird. But outside close quarters its crap. Also you would think its a accurate gun with that damage. Wich it isnt also. I do think they need to get get rid of the one hit headshot kill. That just feels very cheap.

Yeah, I only play Supremacy and pretty much never get killed by the DL44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom