• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, when Heroes vs Villains is firing on all cylinders with two evenly matched teams, it is a blast. So many fun scenarios can play out.

I meleed Vader to death with Leia. :D

Take that, dad.

Yeah, they could do a lot with heroes if they want. Multiple modes using Heroes vs Villains. Could be its own mini game mode if they added a lot more heroes.

Played a few hours to level 7 on my xbox, pretty meh about the whole thing. I've already preordered (physical) on PS4 and will play, but don't expect it to hold my interest very long.

Is it just nuts there are only 24 equipment unlocks, 11 weapon unlocks, and 153 costume unlocks? what the hell? Most are all really silly too, just different hairstyles. I want more weapons and weapon mods, ship mods, camos for weapons, etc.

The star wars factor is A+++, but the underlying game itself is pretty uninspired. Still not sure what the astro bots are supposed to do, and I find the radar more confusing than helpful so far on the ground.

Beaulieu

Now that this game is out there and being played, how party friendly is it? Can you easily party up and jump into a game and stay together? Or do you have to find servers with enough free slots and hope that it keeps the party together?

Very curious about that as well.

Cheech

After playing all the game modes at least once...

This goes back to the old content vs value argument. Will I get $60 worth of time out of this game? Certainly. Is there $60 worth of content here?

GOD no. This should be a premium XBLA/PSN arcade game. The lack of maps in the box really bums me out, and makes it feel like you're buying half a game; given the constant push for this game's "pass", it's safe to say the true cost of this thing is $110.

Which, for as lame as this is, I'm ok paying. It's certainly the best looking current gen game to date, and really is a ton of fun. But I'm well aware I'm getting reamed.

5/10. It would be a 10/10 if they had included the other half of the game in the box.

RE_Player

This is hilarious because 10 hours is more than enough to get my fill of the game. Downloading now and will enjoy it for what it is. Almost seems like a rental for me.

Beaulieu

This is hilarious because 10 hours is more than enough to get my fill of the game. Downloading now and will enjoy it for what it is. Almost seems like a rental for me.

What I think is hilarious is that you know that 10 hours is more than enough to get your fill with the game before even playing it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a few hours to level 7 on my xbox, pretty meh about the whole thing. I've already preordered (physical) on PS4 and will play, but don't expect it to hold my interest very long.

Is it just nuts there are only 24 equipment unlocks, 11 weapon unlocks, and 153 costume unlocks? what the hell? Most are all really silly too, just different hairstyles. I want more weapons and weapon mods, ship mods, camos for weapons, etc.

The star wars factor is A+++, but the underlying game itself is pretty uninspired. Still not sure what the astro bots are supposed to do, and I find the radar more confusing than helpful so far on the ground.
I honestly don't know what weapon mods in Star Wars would look like. There are no dot sights, no foregrips, no suppressors, and no one uses weapon camo.

Xbone version is 720p rite

Ps4 900p?
That's what the beta ran at. Doubt it'll change.

RE_Player

What I think is hilarious is that you know that 10 hours is more than enough to get your fill with the game before even playing it.
It's a multiplayer shooter which I play super casually. Like I bought Battlefield 4 and Hardline and have probably put 8 hours total online. I play it for a bit and put them down. I barely have enough time to play the games I buy so this is great to give me my taste without wasting $79.99 here in Canada.

2 hours and I am bored of it. Fears from the beta have come through. Gameplay is too boring to play long term.

rdytoroll

Arrghhhh
I'm so torn. PC or PS4... I don't know what to do,
on one hand:
I have a nice PC and can play it almost maxed and I'm better with kb/m than I'm with controller, and the PC version is cheaper

On the other hand I'm worried that PC will have small community that will die out after a few months (Titanfall I'm looking at you). Consoles usually hold people for a while longer.

Anyone else in similar situation?

I have the same problem. Got it preordered for PC after playing the Beta on there. I'm worried about the population on PC too. If you check out some forums you get the feeling that most people are gonna get it on PS4. Most PC Games without a Server Browser have a really hard time imo. I'm thinking of switching my preorder to PS4 last minute.

Turkoop

Banned
AN EWOK !
yoBald.gif

Rudiano

Banned
Fighter Squadron is such a let down. Why the f*ck is their AI in this mode? I was on a rampage only to find out I killed 12 AI ships lol why not make it 20v20 REAL players? also the dog fights is crap compared to something like Warhawk.
Once you've used your dodge/maneuver to avoid a missile, it has to charge up before you can use it again making it impossible to dodge anymore missiles. The ships should have something similar to Warhawk's "pro flight" controls, that's what you call dog fighting

Fighter Squadron is such a let down. Why the f*ck is their AI in this mode? I was on a rampage only to find out I killed 12 AI ships lol why not make it 20v20 REAL players? also the dog fights is crap compared to something like Warhawk.
Once you've used your dodge/maneuver to avoid a missile, it has to charge up before you can use it again making it impossible to dodge anymore missiles. The ships should have something similar to Warhawk's "pro flight" controls, that's what you call dog fighting
My theory: In Warhawk whenever Dogfight showed up at least half the server quit. When everyone is flying an aircraft it can be really hard for the bottom half players to score a kill, much harder than say with effective as infantry. So fill half the map with AI so everyone can feel good about themselves. At the end of the day this is a game about playing your Star Wars fantasies, never intended to be highly competitive.

On a related note, I actually like the idea of blending AI with real players. In the original Battlefronts you could get up to 4 AI to follow you, so then when you 1v1 your friend it's a battle trudging through fodder but when you see your friend and his little squad things get intense. Amplify it up a little and there's some interesting dynamics at play that no one is willing it explore.

Ferrio

Banned

I was able to dodge missles without the built in evasive manuevers in beta. Atleast on hoth.

Quonny

This goes back to the old content vs value argument. Will I get $60 worth of time out of this game? Certainly. Is there $60 worth of content here?

GOD no. This should be a premium XBLA/PSN arcade game. The lack of maps in the box really bums me out, and makes it feel like you're buying half a game; given the constant push for this game's "pass", it's safe to say the true cost of this thing is $110.

Which, for as lame as this is, I'm ok paying. It's certainly the best looking current gen game to date, and really is a ton of fun. But I'm well aware I'm getting reamed.

5/10. It would be a 10/10 if they had included the other half of the game in the box.
Whoa, whoa. Embargo.

I think that once you get beyond the sheen of Star Wars, the air combat is pretty awful.

cybropm

tumblr_mnbzru4X6j1rkbtlko1_400.gif

Nori Chan

Anyone else having issues playing it getting a "too early" message even though they have an EA pass subscription?

Try going to the game in the market place and choose play it free through ea access. You'll download the trial client and you'll be able to play. Don't worry, you don't have to download the whole thing again

Cheech

I have played like 6 games and have yet to win one. everybody is buttz

Just bad luck. I played the Walker mode twice, both times as the rebels, and won both times. Was very pleased and surprised, given how unbalanced people said it was during the beta.

MechDX

Was going to post my thoughts but this post pretty much nails it. Don't think this game will hold my attention long enough to warrant a $60 purchase.

Looks and sounds really good though. If you are a Star Wars nut its right up your alley

Haines

Banned
I see the lack of content complaints the same I saw destiny's.

Content will come. People pay for dlc, so company's hold some back so the dlc looks even better.

witness

Yeah I'm pretty meh on this. It is stunningly beautiful, sounds amazing, but the game feels small. Doesn't seem like something that'll hold my interest, I'll give it plenty of time over the weekend before I make up my mind.

Content will come. People pay for dlc, so company's hold some back so the dlc looks even better.

Yeah but in hindsight, Destiny Year One was a mess--in many eyes, a disaster in terms of content.

The lack of content here is the one factor preventing a preorder for me.

Bsigg12

I would say it's closer to Titanfall's launch content. Sure we have stuff coming but out of the gate it is a little less than most people would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom