• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Awings are a joke. I see people going 10-1 playing as one and when they switch to the empire they just leave or go negative. I dont know how this was not noticed during playtesting.

A guy on the other team went 78 and 9 in a A-Wing. They are stupidly op.

Beefy

Just bumping this for the new page. Though I'm getting the vibe that the game is fairly unbalanced. Thoughts?

It was a little unbalanced and the spawns were crap. Now it is even more unbalanced and the spawns spawn you all pilled on each other. You have to wait a minute until you can move as well. It lags more and L1/R1 doesn't work alot of the time.

Just bumping this for the new page. Though I'm getting the vibe that the game is fairly unbalanced. Thoughts?

Not exactly "fairly."

Walker Assault maps seem to have some serious lean to one side or another. Hoth is usually leaning to Empire while Endor leans toward the rebels (only one walker and some hard-to-reach uplinks does that). There's some other issues that I have noticed but need more experience with to be sure of. A-wings appears to be one, in which they are extremely advantageous against both imperial ships.

Izayoi

Banned
Hm...Particle effects at-distance on PC still seem to suffer from severe LOD issues, even with the most recent drivers. Anyone know what gives? Are there any tweak guides for PC yet? Been out of the country so I'm just now getting to play.

Impressions so far - don't even bother playing objective gametypes until you have the jetpack. There is no worse feeling than hearing literally everyone jump away and leave you completely useless at the spawn for the first minute or two of the match.

Even worse is when the other team has people with them, and you don't. Because of how ridiculously difficult it is to push back once a team gets an early lead, the outcome of the match is almost always decided right off the bat. Pretty ridiculous...

They should either be unlocked at the start or be standard for everyone.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
The DL-44 doesn't need to use a star card charge to enable it's full potential.

Don't get me wrong,I absolutely adore my SEC-14 but the DL-44 can literally one shot or two shot you crazy fast without having to use a star card at all.
I posted this video yesterday and yeah,the SEC-14 is great,but I would have gotten more kills at the end there with the DL-44.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0if1Z-iSI

Even without the explosive shot the SEC-14 is a much better overal weapon as the DL-44. I started it using today and my scores were always good, but now they are just incredible, just because of the weapon.

5taquitos

They are what they should be IMO. Direct impact kills. The barrage nerf was needed as well.

Yeah, I'm actually happy with all of the grenade nerfs. I still get kills with the thermal, but I'm not dying every other time to an impact nade. There's still lots of explosions and chaos, but it's not so overwhelming.

This may be a stupid question but I've yet to even bother playing in First Person mode.

Can anyone tell me why you'd possibly want to use that mode when in 3rd person you can use the camera to see if there are any enemies waiting around corners meaning you can pre fire as you run out as you've already got to aim for them.

I'm baffled why anyone would take that advantage away for zero gain?

hydruxo

This may be a stupid question but I've yet to even bother playing in First Person mode.

Can anyone tell me why you'd possibly want to use that mode when in 3rd person you can use the camera to see if there are any enemies waiting around corners meaning you can pre fire as you run out as you've already got to aim for them.

Some people are just more comfortable playing in first person rather than 3rd. I can't do 1st person for this game though, I tried it out and it just doesn't feel right. 3rd is the only way to go for me.

Ferrio

Banned
This is on reddit front page

XlQjcSN.jpg

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So this screen popped up.

Maybe we'll see the first DLC of Battlefront during the press conference on saturday?

23459502135_1db6f074aa_z.jpg

After 70 hours (WTF am I doing with my life?) I got my first Imperial win on Endor Walker Assault.
Hold the first indoor uplink with Vader while my team got the one outside. It also helped that more and more Imperials not have the Shadow Trooper armor and actually play for the objective.

I find distant enemies are harder to see in third person, more difficult to tell if there's something between your gun and what you're shooting at, and it's annoying to constantly have to switch the camera side depending on where I am.

3rd person is zoomed out, so distant enemies are harder to see. My TV is about 17 ft from my chair (can't change that), and even though I have a really nice 60" TV, I still find it hard to see sometimes.

The character model can also block the view in some cases. I generally do worse in 3rd than in 1st for these reasons.

Izayoi

Banned
I think that a combination of third and first person play is the most effective. It might seem jarring at first, but it can be very useful once you're accustomed to it. Also, being able to swap from right shoulder to left in third person is an incredibly useful tool for spotting folks around corners and such.

Klyka

Banned
Go first person when you are inside or when you want to shoot through or over obstacles.

Go third person at any other time.

With "shoot through obstacles" I mean like, you are behind debris with holes in it for example and want to shoot through the hole.

Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't jumped on this game on the Xbox one, this Sunday the game will be 50% off ($30) at Microsoft stores and on Microsofts online store as well as part of their 12 days of deals.

I wish we'd gotten something useful like a commo rose or tactical callouts/spotting instead of those stupid fucking emotes. I was looking right at an enemy player who jump-packed over a group on my team and then killed them all from behind. I couldn't get to him because he landed behind some rocks, but it sure would've been nice to have been able to warn them.

Oh, but I can dance or whatever.

Tubie

I wonder when we get the first 2XP weekend. BF4 and BFH had one 2XP weekend every month for Premium members, but that doesn't seem to be included in this season pass :(

MDave

Once everyone has got the opportunity to download Jakku on the 8th, they should just merge it with the base game and remove the +Jakku selector at the top of the multiplayer menu. Perhaps as a patch that also fixes the cards and 2nd hand glitch and other bugs, spawning and balance issues.

jeemer

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out a-wings have been updated (if we get detailed patch notes) - but just not enough. They're still effectively impossible to lock onto when they're turning, but I played some flight squadron last night and I swear it was noticeably faster to lock onto them on straights.

People running bodyguard and personal shield need a counter.

Aside from cycler rifle?

Helmetless trooper is the best. Only because if my enemy is anything like me, the lack of helmet always throws me off for a splitsecond. "oh it's a rebel...no wait.."

I don't go helmetless, but this is the real reason for doing it imo. I've died a number of times assuming someone in my periphery was a rebel.

Lol, when does getting killed in an online game ever "feel good"?

When you know why you lost in a fighting game :)

hesido

Battle of Jakku is a nice change of pace, since the map is open, you can see the impact of the 40 player fights really nicely. laser and stuff exploding everywhere. The play style also changed.

That said, for the first time it began to put me in half empty matches. It may be fixed when everybody has access to Jakku, but then again most people may not even care to download that map. That said they did a good job of advertising the free map within the game, unlike Killzone did way back, most people didn't probably know there were free maps to download.

_Legacy_

Man, I picked this game up last night and I must say, I'm absolutely loving drop zone! It's a blast. Can't believe I never played it before.

Holy shit Jakku is hilarious. Six games, with half as the Rebs and half as the Imps.The Rebels slaughtered the Imperials, and as an Imperial, we won only like one game.

That map is tailor made to one side.

What's crazy is that despite the horrible balance, the actual map forces people to go to the objective and not play it so much as a TDM. It's probably due to how they can treat it as such and still contribute instead of going off the beaten path and wasting their efforts.

Shame there is absolutely no balance with this Jakku shit, or it would have been the perfect example of how to do the bigger modes.

leng jai

This game has actually become far less frustrating for me in the last few days. Spawns seem to have been improved and ever since I unlocked bodyguard I don't die from random explosions nearly as much.

jeemer

This game has actually become far less frustrating for me in the last few days. Spawns seem to have been improved and ever since I unlocked bodyguard I don't die from random explosions nearly as much.

I agree. I (still) see lots of bitching about balance across the board, but I've seen wins for both sides on most maps and modes. I think the grenade nerf made people vary their weapon choices more too. I'm quite enjoying the bowcaster now I've given it a proper shot, especially in tighter areas.

Picked this up from the library the other day and finally got a chance to play it this morning. I played several matches of the main control game mode and had a lot of fun with it.

I like how clean the visuals are, how not so overwhelming the gameplay is in comparison to something like Battlefield or Rainbow Six, and love the details in the maps. I don't particularly like the Endor map right now, though, because of how dark and overgrown it is, but maybe I'll get used to it.

In the missions, the flight controls were also really smart.

I don't normally care to buy multiplayer only games, but I may need to get this one.

PC here. I keep getting lag in specific areas of the maps, for example, the tunnels in tatooine. Its literally unplayable until I leave the area. I was starting to think its a new driver issue but it gives me the connection issue pop up. Anyone else got this?

Holy shit Jakku is hilarious. Six games, with half as the Rebs and half as the Imps.The Rebels slaughtered the Imperials, and as an Imperial, we won only like one game.

That map is tailor made to one side.

What's crazy is that despite the horrible balance, the actual map forces people to go to the objective and not play it so much as a TDM. It's probably due to how they can treat it as such and still contribute instead of going off the beaten path and wasting their efforts.

Shame there is absolutely no balance with this Jakku shit, or it would have been the perfect example of how to do the bigger modes.

Eh, the Rebels only have it easy if the Imperials are straight up idiots. Which is the case most of the time. Otherwise they can set up a defensive position and hold the Rebels back for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom