• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

What is the best way to take down a airspeeder that does the cable-stuff? My aim with the Ion Torpedo is too slow If I'm close to it

Honestly, I dunno, homing missiles and wathever weapon with tracking, shooting them makes the minigame harder. I think there should be TIEs in the last phase. I guess AT-ST can take them down easily if they bother to target them.

Btw, I take it back, Airspeeders are useful on Turning Point. I just went +30 kills using one. Shooting troops is really easy in the last part and AT-STs don't give a fuck about you.

Ozorov

I would like if they add points if you're in the uplink-area and are the rebels defending it. Not only if you kill someone that's in that area. You get no bonus now to just defend it, without killing someone.

B-Dex

I would like if they add points if you're in the uplink-area and are the rebels defending it. Not only if you kill someone that's in that area. You get no bonus now to just defend it, without killing someone.

You get points for each Y-Wing

Sayers

There is nothing more frustrating than spawning after the enemy transport does and desperately trying to chase it down while your idiot teammates fly obliviously around you.

adj_noun

There is nothing more frustrating than spawning after the enemy transport does and desperately trying to chase it down while your idiot teammates fly obliviously around you.

I'd put that about on par with watching hordes of fellow Rebels all march stoically past the uplink with not one of them bothering to turn it on.

Playing this drunk really doesn't help ease the absolute disgust of people using explosive shot.

I mean seriously... Why not just cheat.

Especially if you're using the DL44. I mean please just do everyone else a favour and stop playing so that we can have some fun games.

Playing this drunk really doesn't help ease the absolute disgust of people using explosive shot.

Whaa?

Use it yourself, it's really not too powerful, especially after tuesdays patch.

I can maintain top of the leaderboards only using it 2-3 times per game with the LMG's

Tubie

Especially if you're using the DL44. I mean please just do everyone else a favour and stop playing so that we can have some fun games.

I don't find it that OP except for extreme close quarters. I would rather use either of the burst weapons, specially with explosive shot.

T21 and EE11 are probably my all around favorite weapons.

egocrata

Banned
OK, I am getting worried. On PC, trying to log into games. Nothing. Not with Jakku, not without. No walker assaults on. I check the stats, and right not SWB on PC has less users online (11,587) than Battlefield 4 (15.591). For a recently released game, this is fucking dismal.

It is a damn shame, really. I've put close to 30 hours in, and I really, really love the game. On PC, however, it looks it has bombed.

First time I buy a season pass before game release, being a SW nerds. Serves me right.

I'm missing one thing (29 out of 30) for the Boba Fett diorama unlock challenge "get a kill with every gun and every star card." My detailed stats say I've used every gun and any lethal star card. Can't figure out what I'm missing. Do the ion torpedo/grenades count towards this? I know they only "kill" vehicles and droids. Anyone got any suggestions?

Tubie

OK, I am getting worried. On PC, trying to log into games. Nothing. Not with Jakku, not without. No walker assaults on. I check the stats, and right not SWB on PC has less users online (11,587) than Battlefield 4 (15.591). For a recently released game, this is fucking dismal.

It is a damn shame, really. I've put close to 30 hours in, and I really, really love the game. On PC, however, it looks it has bombed.

First time I buy a season pass before game release, being a SW nerds. Serves me right.

It seems that for multiplatform shooters this generation the way to go is PS4 or XB1.

http://swbstats.com/

http://bfhstats.com/

http://bf4stats.com/

I can still find games for Hotwire or Conquest mode for Hardline on PS4 (two most popular modes since release) for reference, but the other modes are dead.

MrDaravon

Holy fucking shit full/detailed patch notes aren't out? Wow what in the actual fuck, that's outrageous. Would kill to know what on earth is going on over there.

Beefy

I'd put that about on par with watching hordes of fellow Rebels all march stoically past the uplink with not one of them bothering to turn it on.

That happened to me. I ran to a uplink and put down a turret, I then used it to start mowing down stormtroopers. As I stood there shooting 2 teammates just walked past the uplink and carried on pushing forward. In the end I had to get off my turret and do it myself.... but then the room got overrun and I died.

Izayoi

Banned

I think is has more to do with a busted matchmaking system, rather than player population.

There are hundreds of well-populated servers on Battlefield 4 on PC, and the population is similar to Battlefront currently.

If DICE would pull their heads out of their asses and slap a server browser on the PC version, it likely wouldn't be an issue finding games, but instead we get to deal with this opaque piece of shit.

Not even showing players what criteria it's using to find a match outside of "% full" is obnoxious. There is no excuse for this in a modern online PC game, no matter how "casual" it is.

Has anyone gotten the "trample 25 soldiers with an AT-ST" trophy? Shit seems impossible.

Yep, I got it a few days ago. It was a real challenge, but it's doable. Somehow I got most kills on Sullust. You really need to camp near the AT-ST power-up and hope the opposing team are shit in the air and doesn't have many players with ion torpedos equipped.
So, there is hope, but it's probably going to take a while :)

JTripper

Yep, I got it a few days ago. It was a real challenge, but it's doable. Somehow I got most kills on Sullust. You really need to camp near the AT-ST power-up and hope the opposing team are shit in the air and doesn't have many players with ion torpedos equipped.
So, there is hope, but it's probably going to take a while :)

It's easily the worst trophy in the game to me. It's also the only game mode specific trophy I need besides the broken Blast trophy, but that one is easy for me. The AT-ST is definitely my least favorite vehicle in the game.

It's easily the worst trophy in the game to me. It's also the only game mode specific trophy I need besides the broken Blast trophy, but that one is easy for me. The AT-ST is definitely my least favorite vehicle in the game.

Yeah, it wasn't a real fun trophy. And it encourages camping the power-up, which I hate.
But personally I'm going to have more trouble getting the master difficulty trophies in SP :)

Just queue on up on Turning Point till you get Imperial. Just camp the AT-ST powerup at the last point and rush onto the point. You should get a couple of tramples before you go down. Right now is the best time to do it while that mode only has one map.

The DL-44 is a god damn plague! All it takes is one person to use it and mid match half the players switch to it. It's really the opposite of fun. Also are the Jakku maps ever going to go in rotation with the rest?

MDave

VR support looks like it was being worked on I think, I see there is a console command called 'WorldRender.InterpupillaryDistance' which you can see in the PC version by pressing the tilde key to bring the console out and type 'list'.

Or I'm wrong on that and IPD can also be used for non VR effects for shaders or something?

Vard

Picking up the game for the first time in about 1.5 weeks so apologies if this has been talked about a lot - is the Party system buggy now with the latest patch? Couldn't invite a partner, and despite playing in a party nobody on the map / score list shows up green. Really messes with trying to have any kind of team cohesion...

Finally getting into this game, loving it, but I'm an old man and have become a filthy casual, so fun > depth for me. Glad I bought it on PS4...

Stats:

PC: 8,555 (24h peak: 20,947)
XBOXONE: 26,890 (24h peak: 57,979)
PS4: 52,868 (24h peak: 101,422)

Never having a problem finding a full game.

It is CRAZY how many people have Star Wars related usernames in this game. Maybe this sold a TON of PSPlus memberships? Just speculating.

I really wish I could use a 360 or X1 controller though. Hands are cramping...

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So the first DLC will probably be revealed in a couple of hours. Last time to guess what kind of DLC we will see in the first pack?

I am guessing the first DLC is going to be really good, because a lot will depends on it if gamers are going to buy season passes.

Klyka

Banned
"DarthAnalVader" is the greatest username for this game,especially coupled with an avatar of a gimp outfit Vader

I don't even feel bad getting killed by him

Ozorov

So the first DLC will probably be revealed in a couple of hours. Last time to guess what kind of DLC we will see in the first pack?

I am guessing the first DLC is going to be really good, because a lot will depends on it if gamers are going to buy season passes.
Have They Said that They Will not do prequal stuff in the season pass?

Kingsora

Have They Said that They Will not do prequal stuff in the season pass?

They never literally said we won't do any prequel stuff, but they have hinted a lot of times they will mostly be sticking to TFA and the OT.

Klyka

Banned
For me, it was working fine. Then the patch hit and I couldn't get into a single game. Took 3 hours of chatting to inept customer service and then I got a refund from MS. So angry as I actually really liked the game.

Ok, but that seems like it was a problem you had, so why ask us if the game which has been working fine works again as if it was a wide spread problem? XD

But yeah,game works fine for me so, I guess it works now?

Kingsora

Okey. I need dat chrome phasma in the game :)

While TFA DLC first would be the most logical thing, but maybe releasing a trailer already would be kinda spoilerish to the movie. So I am not sure TFA will be the first DLC pack.

If they however would do a TFA DLC first, a Finn versus Kylo Ren would be a logical guess as the first new Heroes.

Huh, it's going to be revealed today?

I want to buy the season pass, but I am sort of scared of the populatiok drop-off in combination with DLC fragmentation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom