• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
I'm still having fun with the game, but it's going to need something new within the next month to keep me playing. I'm one of the seemingly few players not flying an A-Wing or wielding a DL-44. The sooner they nerf those the happier I'll be.

I just unlocked the Cycler rifle and wow - it is terrible in the actual game. I enjoyed using it in beta, but it appears to have been nerfed. The projectile is so damn slow and doesn't cover much distance. It's pretty sad that a sniper card isn't as good as just using my blaster rifle at the same distance.

Yes, twice. And I even restarted my router. Every search came up nothing.

If it is a bug, it's game breaking.

Has happened a few times to me and a bunch of users here in this OT.

I just restart and it finds a game, and yeah they really need to fix the issue.

Just wish it has a God damn served browser.

I don't know if this'll work, but you could always try MM via a select map, see if it works.

Tubie

For those wondering how DICE LA would do things differently with Battlefront, this is their latest patch notes from the BF4 winter patch that just came out.

BF4 Holiday Update Patch Notes

I'm sure you will notice a slight difference from how DICE Sweden did their patch notes for the Jakku DLC/Patch.

For those wondering how DICE LA would do things differently with Battlefront, this is their latest patch notes from the BF4 winter patch that just came out.

BF4 Holiday Update Patch Notes

I'm sure you will notice a slight difference from how DICE Sweden did their patch notes for the Jakku DLC/Patch.

Uhm we got more detailed patch notes a week later. And for the recent pc patch they had this detailed notes ready at release.

So far Battlefront hasnt seen a big patch yet.

Ozorov

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the December 16th update.

Star Card Update:

Fixed an issue where players were having issues using Star Cards in Heroes vs. Villains

The below only applies to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for this update

Miscellaneous Updates and Tweaks:

Fixed an issue where one out of 12 players remained in the loading screen on Swamp Crashsite, Sorosuub Centroplex, and Graveyard of Giants in Heroes vs. Villains and Walker Assault multiplayer modes
Fixed an issue where two players would spawn in a damage area that doesn’t match visual lava

Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:

Increased AT-AT health on Endor

Hero Updates and Tweaks:

Removed auto-lock on Boba Fett´s missile.

Weapons, Gadgets and Star Cards Tweaks:

Tweaked impact damage for Impact grenade from 100 to 90

3 things.

The fact that they even allow us to choose helmetless stormtroopers is absolutely stupid. They should keep the helmets on and only let us choose uniform variations (that fit the maps). The rebel alien species, like the Rodian, Duros, Zabrak, or Twi'lek should be far more customizable. We should be able to choose gender and skin colors for them. We already know Twi'lek's and Rodians can be different colors, so why limit us to a blue female? Also, only one skin for each hero is dumb. Luke, Leia, and Han should have certain uniforms for certain planets (like in the movies).

This. Once you unlock the alien skins, it should give you extra options for male/female and color. Also, they need to add more aliens. Wookies, anyone?

2. Anyone have any tips on Hero Hunt? I've played it twice and it has been the least amount of fun I've ever had playing a FPS/TPS game. I have never been the hero, even though last night's game I had 1 kill. Um... how does that work? I thought you could only get kills while being the hero. So, that would mean that I got the final kill on a hero and yet wasn't awarded with playing the hero. Worst. Mode. Ever.

3. Stats:
DL-17 — 81
DL-44 — 251
A280C — 88
EE-3 — 187
DLT-19 — 30
RT-97C — 216
T-21 — 22
T-21B — 215

Vehicles Destroyed — 942
You don't need to see my actual K/D ratio. :)

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the December 16th update.

Star Card Update:

Fixed an issue where players were having issues using Star Cards in Heroes vs. Villains

The below only applies to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for this update

Miscellaneous Updates and Tweaks:

Fixed an issue where one out of 12 players remained in the loading screen on Swamp Crashsite, Sorosuub Centroplex, and Graveyard of Giants in Heroes vs. Villains and Walker Assault multiplayer modes
Fixed an issue where two players would spawn in a damage area that doesn’t match visual lava

Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:

Increased AT-AT health on Endor

Hero Updates and Tweaks:

Weapons, Gadgets and Star Cards Tweaks:

Tweaked impact damage for Impact grenade from 100 to 90
WTF, so the Impact grenade will basically be useless now? Why in the world would they decrease the damage? It's a fucking grenade.

5taquitos

Didn't someone test this and found out that the payload drop is just for visuals, that hitting them with ion torps is enough to drop the stun timer? I could be wrong (probably am)

As far as I know, you can shoot them down at any time and it will reduce the overall timer. Think of it as taking a Y-Wing off the tail end of the bombing run.

5taquitos

I couldve sworn that they already made this adjustment with the impacts anyway. Its definitely been less useful since before the last patch.

I think they made them direct-hit kill only previously, now they're nerfing it so that even a direct hit won't result in a kill.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Pretty sure no one has hit me with an impact grenade. If they do, I think they earned the kill. Certainly more than people using homing shot through bushes.

Yay for more AT-AT health on Endor, though.

Happy they are fixing star card issue in heroes vs villains.

How do I go about joining the battlefront community on ps4? Looks like you can't search for communities for some reason

It'd be cool if space battles return. Any hope?

It may be a dream, but if we could get a couple maps on some TFA locations. Kylo Ren, Phasma, Finn, Rey, or whoever else as heroes plus some new skins for some characters and vehicles to reflect TFA changes, THAT would stop the whining about whether or not the season pass is worth it.

And how could they not do it? Seems so logical to me.

Hero Updates and Tweaks:

Maybe I haven't played enough, but was that really necessary? I mean, he's a hero.

Of all the cheap deaths this game provides (I'm not bitching) this seems to occur the least and be pretty situational.

In the time it took me to type this I was just targeted 13 times by homing shot and hit three times.

Malcolm9

I wish you could have some impact on game options, I'd love to turn off grenades.

Most funneled areas just end up being spammed by them and I love a good gunfight instead.

Ozorov

It'd be cool if space battles return. Any hope?

It may be a dream, but if we could get a couple maps on some TFA locations. Kylo Ren, Phasma, Finn, Rey, or whoever else as heroes plus some new skins for some characters and vehicles to reflect TFA changes, THAT would stop the whining about whether or not the season pass is worth it.

And how could they not do it? Seems so logical to me.
I really hope so regarding the season pass :). Would love that chrome phasma-suit!

Popped this in after taking a week off for Uncharted 4's Beta.

IDK what it is, but something seems off about this game now. Cannot quite point my finger on it, but it seems that it is incredibly hard to be aware of your surroundings. Also Star Cards should be fully recharged when you spawn in after a death (except partner spawn).

Dice

Only 5 sieges and I'm bored out of my mind with the companion game. Not into TD games. Goodbye, credit bonuses.

I'm honestly starting to think that the easiest map to win Walker Assault on as imperial is Endor, with it's absence of Snowspeeders.
Whaaaat? My teams have always gotten their asses kicked on Endor. It's so hard to find those little rascals in the woods before they kill you, then so hard to find/kill them before they can get attacks in on the walker.

Giolon

I'm honestly starting to think that the easiest map to win Walker Assault on as imperial is Endor, with it's absence of Snowspeeders.

What? Endor is basically a free win for Rebels with their forest camo, naturally defensible uplink stations, and only a single walker for everyone to focus on....

Theorry

Really weird games now on Xbox. Match starts with 10vs10 Blast but at the end alot of people have left and its 3vs4 or something. Nobody joining also.

I like the smaller modes better. I feel like there is a little more room/time to think about how to approach a firefight.
I suppose you mean the bigger modes?

What I dislike about the bigger modes is this element of randomness, I rarely feel like I'm always in control and when I do its because I found some spot on the map that gives me an advantage and I'm lucky because nobody notices.
I also don't really see my impact as much in the big modes and I don't like that, too. When you get 30 kills in a 10v10 or you defends several pods for you team or snatch the enemies pods back shortly before they capture them, then you see your contribution.
That rarely happens in the bigger modes.

I think its a bummer though that Endor Moon in bright daylight is only available in Walker Assault. I think thats the best looking map and I would love to play smaller modes in a well lit forrest.

hydruxo

Early 2016 is all we know right now. Probably January?

My guess is we will learn more about the next one this next week, after TFA releases in theaters. Season Pass owners get all DLC 2 weeks early.

I honestly doubt we'll get any DLC news until after the holidays. Right after New Years is my guess.

What? Endor is basically a free win for Rebels with their forest camo, naturally defensible uplink stations, and only a single walker for everyone to focus on....

Yeah, I've put over 80 hours into the game, probably almost half of that on WA, and I've seen the Imperials win Endor exactly once. And even then it has to be a pretty one-sided match. That second set of uplinks is absolute murder to try and attack as Imperials.

There should be only 1 uplink per phase due to the single walker.

I think the two MCOM Uplink design is still sound, as it would be very difficult to attack a single Uplink with all 20 Rebels defending it (especially inside). I think the two uplinks should just take longer to lock on. Explain it away saying it takes longer to lock on because of the trees or something.

Damn Fighter Squadron is fun as hell.

Game isn't nearly as barebones as the internet led me to believe. Although admittedly I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

It just feels really refreshing to play. Doesn't really feel like CoD or Battlefield. I appreciate the simplicity. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill, the superior player will win a straight 1v1 9 out of 10 times. Being a good pilot is also a big deal.

Now I just need a group to play with so it doesn't get stale...

Really curious about the DLC, hope we get some details soon.

MrKai

Neo Member
We need more Sith and Jedi. Vader and Luke are so much fun.

Damn Fighter Squadron is fun as hell.

Game isn't nearly as barebones as the internet led me to believe. Although admittedly I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

It just feels really refreshing to play. Doesn't really feel like CoD or Battlefield. I appreciate the simplicity. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill, the superior player will win a straight 1v1 9 out of 10 times. Being a good pilot is also a big deal.

Now I just need a group to play with so it doesn't get stale...

Really curious about the DLC, hope we get some details soon.

Play Heroes vs Villains. Best mode in the game.

Ledhead

Yeah, I've put over 80 hours into the game, probably almost half of that on WA, and I've seen the Imperials win Endor exactly once. And even then it has to be a pretty one-sided match. That second set of uplinks is absolute murder to try and attack as Imperials.

I think the two MCOM Uplink design is still sound, as it would be very difficult to attack a single Uplink with all 20 Rebels defending it (especially inside). I think the two uplinks should just take longer to lock on. Explain it away saying it takes longer to lock on because of the trees or something.

I agree. Just make it longer to get the y-wing lock on. Even when my team seemingly does really well as Imps on Endor, we lose

We need more Sith and Jedi. Vader and Luke are so much fun.

Play Heroes vs Villains. Best mode in the game.

I agree in the larger modes the Jedi are a lot of fun. In HvsV though, they're the weakest heroes. So damn easy to get stunlocked as Luke or Vader.

Heroes vs Villains IS a pretty great mode though.

Dice

I just completely dominated the skies in a supremacy match to get 3rd place on my team. We lost, though, so maybe I should have been fighting for the control point inside the mountain. On one match the highest player went 48:5 wtf is that?

Yep. Instead of halving the amount of uplinks, increase the time to lock in. Having only one uplink at a time would cause issues and bottlenecks.

I just completely dominated the skies in a supremacy match to get 3rd place on my team. We lost, though, so maybe I should have been fighting for the control point inside the mountain. On one match the highest player went 48:5 wtf is that?
Its pretty easy to do ridiculous numbers like that if you land a golden goose of an enemy team and tram combination where you are the best player on both team and there are enough okay people on both team to keep a stalemate going and get 15-20 minute matches.

CaLe

Can I still purchase this off the Mexican Origin store using a VPN and use it on my NA account ? Not sure how legal / still valid that is... I heard some people were doing it when the game launched.

Klocker

So ridiculous still that every Mofo in the game is using the 44 pistol.. what's the point in having other weapons Dice if one is so powerful nobody is using anything but (all small games, obviously distance games require longer range weapons)

BizzyBum

I've been playing more of this on PC recently since for some odd reason Fallout 4 has been consistently crashing to desktop all of a sudden which is pissing me off and renders it unplayable.

I like the arcade nature of the game. If I want something more involved I can play DICE's other flagship game. There are definitely some questionable things in the game though, most notably the spawns and some balancing issues.

I actually don't come across the DL 44 too often because I don't play the smaller game types but homing shot is some BS. Jetpack with the bowcaster seems very strong, too.

Palpable

I just joined the swbf gaf community on ps4. I'd rather play with people who know what the fuck they're doing instead of with moronic randoms who lose walker assault at the end because they don't know how the fuck to shoot airspeeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom