• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jesus Christ DICE why the fuck do we need 38 players to start a match of Supremacy?

Realize that no one is playing your game, ffs.

moai

What platform? No issues on the PS4.

Maybe not on the us but the game is struggling to find players if you are in small regions.
They must give us some choice to select region im tired of being stuck with wa and blast, only empty servers on all the others.

jackdoe

agh, i hate being emporor palpatine in heroes vs villains matches so much. his main lightning is weak as fuck, runs outs extremely quickly and has shit range. he's so useless when up against any of the heroes :mad:

also this is going to sound really stupid, but what does the r1/rb weapon do as a hero/ villain bodyguard? pulled it out several times but haven't figured out what it does despite it looking like a homing launcher
Palpatine and Leia are the most important heroes in that mode as they can heal heroes with their powerup drop. They should always die last.

MDave

I can't compete against level 50's at all it seems. I got the drop on one in Blast, I hit them with a couple of blaster shots, then they do a literal 180 and instant headshot kill me with the DL-44. How is that possible with a mouse?! I think I'm done.

CaLe

Where's the best place to buy this for cheap? Interested in the game, but not at full price. I'm looking for the PC version. Thanks!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just learned about trait cards and how they work. That is yet another thing encouraging people to be too worried about k/d to ever move in and actually do objectives.

jackdoe

Man, once I hit level 50 I'm fucking done with this game. The core gameplay is fun, but there are so many little issues that I'm starting I feel more frustration than fun when I play. And that's when I know it's time to quit. The fact that DICE didn't do anything about Fighter Squadron after the first patch, in spite of it being the most unbalanced multiplayer game mode I've ever played, doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence for the future and their ability to retain players who get frustrated with these issues. The whole Jakku situation is also a colossal fuck up. Split the userbase over FREE DLC. That's real smart.

Pastry

Banned
The second to last point for Empire playing Supremacy on Graceyard is impossible to capture. The rebels spawn too close and have the high ground.

It's like no one at DICE is play testing this game, it's unbelievably unbalanced all across the board.

Ledhead

Man, once I hit level 50 I'm fucking done with this game. The core gameplay is fun, but there are so many little issues that I'm starting I feel more frustration than fun when I play. And that's when I know it's time to quit. The fact that DICE didn't do anything about Fighter Squadron after the first patch, in spite of it being the most unbalanced multiplayer game mode I've ever played, doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence for the future and their ability to retain players who get frustrated with these issues. The whole Jakku situation is also a colossal fuck up. Split the userbase over FREE DLC. That's real smart.

I get where you're coming from. I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, but FUCK have they ever messed things up by seemingly ignoring glaring balance issues. DICE being seemingly asleep at the wheel will undoubtedly hurt this game's long term prospects

I'll stick around because I have a really good time playing this game and I'm excited to see what the DLC will look like for this game. Having said that, massive fuck up on not requiring Jakku to be a download. Didn't they require a patch for each DLC for Battlefield 3? Seemed like a pretty good policy.

MDave

You mean without a mouse? Because that is what mice are for.

I wished I could of recorded it, but it was something I doubt anyone could do no matter how good they are. It happened in an instant, like all within 5 frames of reacting to me hitting him, doing the 180 spin and one shot kill without even stopping to aim at my head. I would put it down as bad luck for me, or lucky shot for them.

Dice

I wished I could of recorded it, but it was something I doubt anyone could do no matter how good they are. It happened in an instant, like all within 5 frames of reacting to me hitting him, doing the 180 spin and one shot kill without even stopping to aim at my head. I would put it down as bad luck for me, or lucky shot for them.
You ever play super high level Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, or CS? It's a level of skill certainly possible. Although, if they were that good they'd be pulling great shots the whole game.

Shaanyboi

Banned
so why do my vehicle kills not count, apparently? I'm locking on and blasting away, but it only contributes to AI kills? Am I not supposed to be locking on or something?

so why do my vehicle kills not count, apparently? I'm locking on and blasting away, but it only contributes to AI kills? Am I not supposed to be locking on or something?

The fighters you are targeting, do you see a name above the targeting icon? Only these count as "normal" kills, because these are real players. You als get a different notification when shooting down these fighters, "Killed player x" instead of "tie-fighter destroyed".

Palpable

Anyone on PS4 wanna team up for a few games of cargo in about an hour? My PSN is in my profile. When adding me, be sure and let me know you're from here.

I'm the same way. I see top players go like 50-10 and I have no idea how to do that. I know some just stay back and pad their K/D instead of going for objectives, too.
I went 54-10 last night in WA on Endor as Imperials. It was part using my environment to get the drop on Rebels that were pushing forward (I went on a 9 kill streak before someone finally got the drop on me), part being adept with the T-21, and part using the vehicles. I had a killer run while in the AT-AT, utilizing all three weapons. At one point, I dropped an orbital strike perfectly placed on the Ewok catwalks. And in regards to the Objective comment, I also racked up plenty of kills defending a captured Uplink. I just positioned myself in a strategical area, elevated ground and tree cover, and then picked off revels as they tried to recapture their uplink.

Simply put, I played smart. I didn't rush into anything I knew I couldn't walk away from and used the environment and vehicles to my advantage.

Shame there is no discount for Premium on PS4. Although I should be happy, I would probably buy it if they did and I still want to wait to see what is in the first pack.

deoee

Can't find any matches on PC, and i've been having trouble with it since the Jakku update.

Yeah the update seems to have bugged out match finding.
Sometimes I find matches in 5 seconds, sometimes I have to wait longer and get into half full ones. They just should make Jakku the standard playlist and not something you have to click on

Dice

The team based play can be a bit frustrating, lol.

Say in Supremacy I run up to view of a control point with several teammates. We all hide behind cover to get a read on things. I realize there actually isn't that many guys on it and then go to rambo that shit. I kill like 5-6 and almost get the control point when a guy directly behind me in the open field shoots me in the back, and all my people are still back there right behind him? Come on guys, you're supposed to have my back if you're just going to camp, but we need to move in together to get objectives.

Somewhat similar but opposite in HvsV, while it can be a decent strategy to group together and take out the other side one by one if they fanned out, if your team fans out you need to be cautious. There have been so many times I've killed like two of the other side plus footsoldiers and been the last standing before finally being taken down.

So far it seems like the mode with the best teamwork is Cargo. You still have a little k/d padding that is obvious, but I think associating the objective with a teammate carrier makes more people want to help. Every round at least 3 of us moved together to get it and take it back. Whenever you get really unbalanced teams and one side just isn't doing objective at all, I wonder how many children are playing for the significantly worse team.

I went 54-10 last night in WA on Endor as Imperials. It was part using my environment to get the drop on Rebels that were pushing forward (I went on a 9 kill streak before someone finally got the drop on me), part being adept with the T-21, and part using the vehicles. I had a killer run while in the AT-AT, utilizing all three weapons. At one point, I dropped an orbital strike perfectly placed on the Ewok catwalks. And in regards to the Objective comment, I also racked up plenty of kills defending a captured Uplink. I just positioned myself in a strategical area, elevated ground and tree cover, and then picked off revels as they tried to recapture their uplink.

Simply put, I played smart. I didn't rush into anything I knew I couldn't walk away from and used the environment and vehicles to my advantage.

Exactly how I play

game REALLY rewards methodical play

jackdoe

The team based play can be a bit frustrating, lol.

Say in Supremacy I run up to view of a control point with several teammates. We all hide behind cover to get a read on things. I realize there actually isn't that many guys on it and then go to rambo that shit. I kill like 5-6 and almost get the control point when a guy directly behind me in the open field shoots me in the back, and all my people are still back there right behind him? Come on guys, you're supposed to have my back if you're just going to camp, but we need to move in together to get objectives.

Somewhat similar but opposite in HvsV, while it can be a decent strategy to group together and take out the other side one by one if they fanned out, if your team fans out you need to be cautious. There have been so many times I've killed like two of the other side plus footsoldiers and been the last standing before finally being taken down.

So far it seems like the mode with the best teamwork is Cargo. You still have a little k/d padding that is obvious, but I think associating the objective with a teammate carrier makes more people want to help. Every round at least 3 of us moved together to get it and take it back. Whenever you get really unbalanced teams and one side just isn't doing objective at all, I wonder how many children are playing for the significantly worse team.
Same thing happened to me in Walker Assault. I single handedly took out all Rebel uplink defenders and deactivated the uplink. After doing that, I fully expected at least someone on my team to follow the hole I punched through. Nope. I see no one as I get slaughtered by a rush of four rebel soldiers.

Same thing happened to me in Walker Assault. I single handedly took out all Rebel uplink defenders and deactivated the uplink. After doing that, I fully expected at least someone on my team to follow the hole I punched through. Nope. I see no one as I get slaughtered by a rush of four rebel soldiers.
Happens in Supremacy all of the time. I pretty much had to singlehandedly hold the center position on Jakku as Empire for 10 minutes because everyone was too busy plating TDM to push forward or defend the point.

In Supremacy, WA, and Turning Point. I have learned that spamming the battlefield with Flash Grenades is highly valuable. Scan Pulse, Flash into the biggest crowd, get head shots with Sharpshooter trait to reduce cooldowns, and repeat the process. Swear I was making a difference with pushing the other team back.

Ozorov

In Supremacy, WA, and Turning Point. I have learned that spamming the battlefield with Flash Grenades is highly valuable. Scan Pulse, Flash into the biggest crowd, get head shots with Sharpshooter trait to reduce cooldowns, and repeat the process. Swear I was making a difference with pushing the other team back.
Whats your second star card?

cebri.one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

tumblr_mk1ikicZeY1s7cbg3o1_400.gif

I just bought it thanks to the sale in PSN. I pretty much remember everything from the beta.

Also, Heroes vs Villains and Fighter Squadron are awesome.

I've been steamrolled every time I play Supremacy as the Rebels on Jakku, does that map seem difficult for anyone else? it seems crazy hard to bounce back if you lose the first control point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom