• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

Banned
Fighter Squadron is the #1 way to level up. I average 7000+ points every round and rounds only last a few mins. 😐

So much fun too. I love being the Imperials and stomping the rebels despite the massive disadvantages. Can't wait til A-wing gets nerfed. A-wing should be much easier to kill. Should almost be the weakest in the game, really. Drop health 30% and increase hitbox by 50% lol

MDave

Holy crap I didn't realize vsync added so much input lag! I turned it off and noticed a huge improvement in mouse input. Is there a way to have vsync on but without the huge amount of input lag on PC?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Holy crap I didn't realize vsync added so much input lag! I turned it off and noticed a huge improvement in mouse input. Is there a way to have vsync on but without the huge amount of input lag on PC?
Vsync is literally just making it wait for the next frame, so the only way to reduce the lag is to run at higher framerates, 144fps is the highest you can go with new gaming monitors.

Dice

So glad I can play Heroes vs Villains again now that the star card bug is fixed. Best mode in the game.
I didn't even know it was a bug. I just thought it was a really annoying rule that you had to die before using them.

It is a great mode, though. High action, nice playstyle variety, low bullshit, great payoffs per round.

dab0ne

I'm still playing the hell out of this game but to echo what's already been said:

-DL44 needs a nerf
-A-wing needs a nerf
-Need to be able to tell if your spawn partner is in trouble
-Better spawns inn General whenI bases and spawns are being overrun
-Ion torpedo upgrade option that has a better lock on for flying vehicles
-Better lock on for tie fighters. I'll be fully locked and hit Nothing with lasers. Doesn't seem to happen to me in other ships.
-AT-ST not made out of cardboard (although they do get smashed with logs by Ewoks.)

Also, when I'm playing sometimes the lightbar of my controller (ps4) begin to change the color like crazy, very fast and randomly, what the hell does it means?

Just beat the game by finishing all of its missions. I didn't have time to play any online multiplayer today, but I think I'm done with the game.

Borrowed it from the library for a couple of weeks, put upwards of 10 hours into it. I wanted to buy it after day one, but now I've had my fill.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe not on the us but the game is struggling to find players if you are in small regions.
They must give us some choice to select region im tired of being stuck with wa and blast, only empty servers on all the others.

PS4 in Latin America. Game's only playable at night. Try your luck.

Gotcha, that makes sense then. I wonder if those regions do not become as popular for this game, if they will open up the matchmaking. I cross my fingers for region browsers at least.

Man this game is so much fun. Just picked it up because of the PSN sale. It's casual for sure but that's what I've needed. Just hop on and battle with 40 people for fun, and damn is it fun. And holy toledo these graphics are mind blowing. The clovers on Endor blow my mind.

And this is why we keep coming back. It is damn fun, and the fan service immersion as a Star Wars geek is icing on the cake. Glad you are enjoying it.

SaganIsGOAT

Man this game is so much fun. Just picked it up because of the PSN sale. It's casual for sure but that's what I've needed. Just hop on and battle with 40 people for fun, and damn is it fun. And holy toledo these graphics are mind blowing. The clovers on Endor blow my mind.

Sometimes I get fed up playing objective modes. I mean, how fucking hard is it to take a control point when you have the Emperor and two honor guards as backup!? Stop playing TDM in objective modes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sometimes I get fed up playing objective modes. I mean, how fucking hard is it to take a control point when you have the Emperor and two honor guards as backup!? Stop playing TDM in objective modes.

This is the bad side effect of no in-game voice-chat system.

I tend to spam the "Over here! C'mon!" emote in objective modes. Sometimes it works, but most of the time doesn't. We have the same problem in Destiny & Battlefield. If they're not playing TDM, they're camping in front of a doorway.

I had 4 players on my team sitting in a hallway with their blasters aimed at the door. They did this for most of the match.

Also, completely unrelated, but I've run into the same player 3 times now. I had this happen in Call of Duty MW2 when that was in its prime. I'd see the same player at least once a week.

jackdoe

I just hit level 50 and got my Shadow Trooper. I am just about done with the game. Maybe one or two more matches to show off my swag, and then into the unplayed PC game abyss alongside Titanfall. Sure, DICE may fix the glaring balance issues in the next month, but the PC version will be completely dead by then. Glad I never bought the season pass.

Dice

It's probably good this doesn't have voice chat so my team isn't annoyed by me constantly yelling MOVE IN! MOVE IN! I KILLED THEM! MOVE IN! MOVE IN! I'M ALONE! MOVE IN! MOVE IN!

I should probably stop playing supremacy.

But that feel when you get a team that does move in and you win so fast.

Edit: TBH I don't know what else I can do sometimes. There was an AT-ST in the capture zone so I fired an ion shot at it and then machine gun fired at it while rocket boosting over it and it blew up then I killed 3 guys. If that doesn't inspire my team that actually moving in is cool I don't know what will.

Why is this game so unbalanced still?

Seriously though. I'm always on a team with complete idiots. The entire team goes to defend one uplink... noone gives a shit about the other. The opposite team still manages to shut down the uplink. See people shooting the at-at while it's not even weak. I can't believe how stupid people can be... meanwhile the other team manages to keep all the uplinks up getting 10+ Y.wings each time. So sick of always getting on the team with people with no clue. So pissed off.

Looking forward to adding this to my list of beaten games.

It's pretty solid overall, but repetitive.

I've yet to play Halo 5, but out of Rainbow Six, this and Black Ops III, BOIII is my favourite multiplayer game of the year.

Apeboy

I'm thinking EA/DICE telegraphed upcoming DLC content in EA Heroes mobile game.

Locations - Corsucant (sp), Bespin, More Tatooine (Mos, Cantina area), Geonosis and Death Star. Look at the art of hoth, endor in the game, same as maps in BF.

Skins - Corsucant police, mob etc

Heroes- plenty of options.

Weapons

Dice

So I played a bazillion rounds of fighters trying to find one of the leader ships but someone else always got to it before me. I did search online and apparently they have static locations. That's super duper lame. It should be a randomly given privilege like the characters in HvsV.

Tried to play Fighter Squadron the whole night, there's almost nobody playing that in my region, the times I got into a group we ended up playing dozens of matches because nobody would risk leaving and having to wait a long time for a new group.

PS4, Latin America.

If they put Fighter Squadron offline with one of the DLCs I'll end up buying it, only mode that I gave a damn so far.

Dice

Few people play fighters. Or at least that's how I interpret this becoming pretty regular with little practice:

SGEG3iJ.png

Matchmaking is broken across the board right now. Partially because Jakku is separated from the main game but also because of a glitch introduced in the last patch.

Ozorov

I'm thinking EA/DICE telegraphed upcoming DLC content in EA Heroes mobile game.

Locations - Corsucant (sp), Bespin, More Tatooine (Mos, Cantina area), Geonosis and Death Star. Look at the art of hoth, endor in the game, same as maps in BF.

Skins - Corsucant police, mob etc

Heroes- plenty of options.

Weapons
Do you have a pic?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
How have they seriously still not tried to balance any of the issues this game still has. I just came back from seeing the new film and was up for some more Fighter Squadron, to then spend a few minutes trying to hit A-Wings, followed by the player in the MF just using the Shield and ramming into Slave 1 on purpose to get rid of it. Just the same broken bullshit since release that they still haven't even tried to balance or fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom