• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighter squadron is laughably unbalanced. Just grab the falcon, flip on shields, and crash into the slave 1...you will not have a scratch. Then just clean up shop for the rest of the match. I've been doing this to level up faster and feel like an asshole for doing it

Probably going to move over to a different mode, maybe blast

lawnchair

Banned
I had 4 players on my team sitting in a hallway with their blasters aimed at the door. They did this for most of the match.

but thats the spirit of star wars baby

rebelslookatwhiterectangles(1).jpg

derFeef

I'm thinking EA/DICE telegraphed upcoming DLC content in EA Heroes mobile game.

Locations - Corsucant (sp), Bespin, More Tatooine (Mos, Cantina area), Geonosis and Death Star. Look at the art of hoth, endor in the game, same as maps in BF.

Skins - Corsucant police, mob etc

Heroes- plenty of options.

Weapons

That would be sweeeeet.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so now that we get it 33% cheaper...is the deluxe edition worth it or can I get the weapons later in the game either way? it is a 7€ difference afaik. @ psn

moai

Thats what happens with no auto team balance. A good team of players will stay together and you will likely be put on a team full of shit players.

They are not going to add auto team balance to WA. You could be stuck playing as imperial or rebels for many matches and they clearly dont want that. They just patched in side switching rounds.

hoserx

I feel bad as I've abandoned this game since Xenoblade came out. I was having an awesome time.......and looking at the stats, the PC population has significantly declined.

Ozorov

only the emotes..mh not worht 7€ for emotes that I'll never use lol.

how long does it take to get those weapons? man the hype really got to me..maybe I'll buy it.
The dl44 you get at level 25. It takes some time to get there depending on how good you are. Lets say 15-20 hours?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't want to spam the page with images, so here is a little odd story from an HvsV match.

http://imgur.com/a/CPpnt

However I will post one from supremacy:

Truly the best partner. Mediocre bros. Although my win rate is 63%, so I must be doing something right for my teams.

Also, I reached level 25 and tried out the DL-44 and well... I'll let the fact I shot down a tie fighter with it do the talking.

so now that we get it 33% cheaper...is the deluxe edition worth it or can I get the weapons later in the game either way? it is a 7€ difference afaik. @ psn

I am so tempted to grab the ultimate edition while its on the xbox sale.

Every fibre of my being says its not a great idea but it looks so yummy.

Pretty much gambling on the dlc adding life and fun to it all.

grmlin

Yeah, I still debate with myself if I get the Deluxe edition on PSN for 72$ or go with the base game first, to see if it's worth it.

That 20% coupon would be gone then, though :/

Anyone knows when the first expansion will be released?

Ozorov

Yeah, I still debate with myself if I get the Deluxe edition on PSN for 72$ or go with the base game first, to see if it's worth it.

That 20% coupon would be gone then, though :/

Anyone knows when the first expansion will be released?
Early 2016. Probs late jan or feb

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

I'm betting on amazon to have a sale on the dlc between now and when the first season pass dlc hits!

Roussow

Few people play fighters. Or at least that's how I interpret this becoming pretty regular with little practice:

Any tips? I consider myself pretty competent at Fighter Squadron, but is there anything that's not super obvious that you should know going in?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Few people play fighters. Or at least that's how I interpret this becoming pretty regular with little practice:

I've had that quite a few times, the easiest to be on all three is to get the Millennium Falcon and just lay waste to everything.

newsguy

Free for everyone (now), you just need to pop into the store and download it.

Awesome thanks. I'll hit it up before I go see TFA tonight for a little hype action. Finished the original trilogy last night and now this, it's like the force is... awakening

So after playing this game for about a week, only a handful of matches per day, I can say it's the most fun I've had with a Star Wars game since Rogue Squadron for the N64.

Having said that, there's some stuff to improve imo, on this game or for future games. Sorry if anything has been posted already, haven't really followed this thread.

- DL44: Please nerf!

- Ships: The 1-stick control feels awkward, I'm not saying it should play like Ace Combat, but overall flying could be a lot better.

- Jumping: While overall I like the jump, sometimes it's a little clunky. Jetpacks are awesome though.

- Rolling: Would be nice if they added a roll like in Gears of War or Uncharted 4.

But other than that, this game is fucking fun as hell, you get the full Star Wars experience, and as fan, I can't wait to see what other Star Wars games are coming our way. DICE has started things the right way and I can thank them enough!

labx

Banned
Walker assault really is a mess. Just me and 1 other guy deactivating the uplinks in the first round, they still managed to get one Y-Wing. Second round turns to shit, they get 13 Y-wings because nobody bothers to play the objective and then both walkers are taken out. Team mates are shit.

Hey whats you psn id (if you are on psn), I feel the same, in walker assault people is more interested in play as a hero, AT AT or ST AT and so on. So my ID is leoncio15 if you want to play walker assault and other stuff, last night I played with Patriot Infinity and the man is a beast playing the game.

labx

Banned
You guys think I should jump on the base game + season pass for £65 ?

Yes, be patient the game was rush because the movie. I know DICE knows best and season pass will be great. Not as great as the best season pass in the history (DriveClub) or maybe I will eat crow. If you are on psn, tag along to the gaf community and add me. Psn id: leoncio15

edit: ops double post.

Kyne

So after playing this game for about a week, only a handful of matches per day, I can say it's the most fun I've had with a Star Wars game since Rogue Squadron for the N64.

Having said that, there's some stuff to improve imo, on this game or for future games. Sorry if anything has been posted already, haven't really followed this thread.

- DL44: Please nerf!

- Ships: The 1-stick control feels awkward, I'm not saying it should play like Ace Combat, but overall flying could be a lot better.

- Jumping: While overall I like the jump, sometimes it's a little clunky. Jetpacks are awesome though.

- Rolling: Would be nice if they added a roll like in Gears of War or Uncharted 4.

But other than that, this game is fucking fun as hell, you get the full Star Wars experience, and as fan, I can't wait to see what other Star Wars games are coming our way. DICE has started things the right way and I can thank them enough!

In your experience, have you ever seen anyone other than a Jedi roll in Star Wars? :p

Millenium Falcon, A-Wing and the DL44 are so OP it isn't even funny. Obliterated everyone with the MF.

In your experience, have you ever seen anyone other than a Jedi roll in Star Wars? :p

If we are going to follow the lore then give me my imperial soldier stumble, I want to go through doors and stumble everywhere.

kendrid

Banned
Walker assault really is a mess. Just me and 1 other guy deactivating the uplinks in the first round, they still managed to get one Y-Wing. Second round turns to shit, they get 13 Y-wings because nobody bothers to play the objective and then both walkers are taken out. Team mates are shit.

On the rebel side it is play TDM until the last uplinks, get a couple then just toe cable the walkers. I am done with Walker Assault until they make some changes.

I love droid run and the other objective modes. People actually play them properly most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom