• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's been about 3 hours since we got home from the theater and now I'm back at work. Here's my full review:

WOW!

I really hope we get TFA timeframe DLC now.

Yes. I couldn't help myself during intense action scenes to take a few seconds and think about the DLC possibilities.

I'm surprised they didn't do anything earlier, at the same time with what needs fixing not that surprised at the same time. Where are the new Hero units, Stormtrooper skins, could even throw out some vehicle skins like in Battlefield. Massively missed opportunity if they do nothing, and I don't think many people will care if they wait 6 months to get this stuff out.
There is a probably a reason why we haven't seen anything yet.

Big spoilers for a character. Please do not quote or click if you haven't seen. Spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers.

SPOILERS SPOILERS

They can't show Rey with a lightsaber yet because it was a big plot point in the film her getting it.

Maybe in a few months.

Due to the film and the lack of star wars video games in my life at the moment I have crumbled and bought it..

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

See you on the battlefiel- Battlefront!

It's actually a good companion with something like Rainbow Six: Siege.

They are complete opposites but I find I like going back and forth between the two.

Klocker

My god the hitbox lag on this game is horrible sometimes... I have super fast connection and TV and I shoot people 30 shots in the face and it does not register in some people ridiculous

Klocker

Pretty sure this is on the servers part, it happens to me sometimes too.

Yea I also notice even with full health people just appear in front of me and I am dead in one shot. So there is some bullshit going on in the servers. Maybe no Battlefield like rubber banding but this hit lag is ridiculous in general.

I think I'm done with this game until they work on balance. They still haven't done shit about the DL-44 worse than anything even ever in a COD game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you're foot soldiers in HvsV why would you hang back in base?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if when you first connect to the game every day it just straight up forces you to choose "Play for objectives or play for k/d?" and separates everyone. I would wait 10 minutes a match if it meant people actually played the game properly.

No Love

Banned
double xp pew pew

sadly my winter break just started and yet i have a bunch of shit to do .. ..

Can't wait to get and go on Fighter Squadron... gonna get like 15k points a match, levelling will be crazy easy now.
I think I'm done with this game until they work on balance. They still haven't done shit about the DL-44 worse than anything even ever in a COD game.

thats a little over the top ..

I don't think they remember the horror that was the MP40 in WAW.

lmao seriously. Remember the double shotguns that had range and precision and damage of a sniper rifle in COD Modern Warfare 2? Yeaaaah

Dice

Droid Run is the worst mode in the game because only the last 30 seconds matter.

Edit: Although I would say my #1 complaint with the game is definitely however it handles matchmaking and then doesn't ever shuffle players so you have to leave the lobby to try for a better team. When you get well balanced teams it's pretty cool, but when one team is absolutely dominating the other it's just stupid. Like I played a round of fighters where my team had 20 when their team had 140. There just has to be some kind of skill-tracking way to avoid that sort of team difference.

B-Dex

Welp all star cards fully upgraded. Working on buying the emotes now. Just got Vader noooooooo. Won as Imps on Endor WA!!!! They still managed 9 Y-Wings phase 3 with one uplink though......

Bought the game thinking there was online split-screen fun.

The fuck. What a dumb trend in gaming for developers to give you less options to play. Playing online split screen with someone in the same room was the most fun I had with number 2, and it makes absolutely no sense to include the option in local multiplayer and not online. It was a standard feature in 2005. What happened?

Sorry to be whining, this fact just really brought down my enjoyment of the game considerably.

Dice

How do you use the cycler rifle? Does it have bullet drop? Because I got it but haven't hit anyone with it yet even when they were standing still. No problems with the pulse cannon so I don't think it's my aim.

PrankT

And this makes me sad cause it could be one of the better modes if they changed it a bit
It still is one of the better modes since either team can win and you get a decent amount of objective points for continually activating droids. If one team dominates then it doesn't even come down to the end of the match because they would have captured all three droids earlier on.

Bought the game thinking there was online split-screen fun.

The fuck. What a dumb trend in gaming for developers to give you less options to play. Playing online split screen with someone in the same room was the most fun I had with number 2, and it makes absolutely no sense to include the option in local multiplayer and not online. It was a standard feature in 2005. What happened?

Sorry to be whining, this fact just really brought down my enjoyment of the game considerably.
There wasn't online splitscreen in SWBF2 (or any game from 2005). There is offline splitscreen in both that game and the new one.

Honestly it's your own fault for not doing any research. Buyer beware.

Ozorov

How do you use the cycler rifle? Does it have bullet drop? Because I got it but haven't hit anyone with it yet even when they were standing still. No problems with the pulse cannon so I don't think it's my aim.
Pretty sure it has some bullet drop

Toa TAK

Banned

It does a bit, but it also depends on the distance. The Pulse Canon has much better range, you're going to need to get in closer with the Cycler Rifle, especially if you want those headshots.

Ozorov

It still is one of the better modes since either team can win and you get a decent amount of objective points for continually activating droids. If one team dominates then it doesn't even come down to the end of the match because they would have captured all three droids earlier on.
Yes its a good mode but I think it would be better if they added some ticket-points. Like if you're controlling a driod for 30-sec your team gets 1 point. And they could still have so if you get all three driod you win.

Would be nice if I could get in a game tonight. Keep getting disconnected from servers or psn notices when I try searching for a game in any mode. My internet is just fine and all other games are working ok.

Dice

I haven't seen that, only seen really close matches where they struggled back and forth to have 2 out of 3, or matches where one team dominated until all 3 were stolen away the last second.

Edit: I think I might play Blast because that's the only mode where people play like they are supposed to.

WillyFive

There wasn't online splitscreen in SWBF2 (or any game from 2005). There is offline splitscreen in both that game and the new one.

Honestly it's your own fault for not doing any research. Buyer beware.

You barely have anything to play split-screen in the new one.

Toa TAK

Banned
So here's something of a missed opportunity:

Maps unique for the Fighter Squadron mode, as in, we don't have a damn Death Star Trench Run map.

I'd rather have Fighter Squadron offline first, if they do that I can play this game for ages. Except for levels 1-3 I've got all my points from that mode, almost did not touch the rest.

I am getting so fed up with the broken A-Wings. It's always been a nuisance, but I've reached the breaking point. I don't even find it fun flying as one, either.

lawnchair

Banned
it would be really great if they'd tweak some of the immediate and obvious imbalances in this game with a quickness

but they'll probably wait until the DLC comes out or something .........

Dice

It's weird when you're the second place player and win and are still annoyed because of something like...

**Y-Wing Bombing Run!** -> *spawn in an open field surrounded by 7 enemies* -> *spawn in a thermal implosion going off* -> *spawn 5 feet in front of an enemy facing away from them* -> *spawn way the fuck away from everything and start running* -> **AT-ATs destroyed, go team**

So glad I stocked those anti-vehicle cards. -___-

Edit: Oh, also I think the Cylcer Rifle might be bugged. I am 100% certain I shot a girl with it from like 5 feet away. Hit her square in the face and it knocked her head back and she went "uhk!" right before killing me, and I didn't see her health bar go down and the screen of who killed me showed her at 100.

So what's the consensus on this game 1 month in? Is it still fun? Is it easy enough to find matches? (specifically the ps4 version) im thinking about getting in on that psn deal while i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom