• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
Palpatine+ close quarters+ seemingly infinite health=

P9mrYJul.png

I felt pretty bad to run around like that. Did the same thing a game later as Han/Leia baiting them in small hallways. Ah well.

4 more Hero Hunts to go.

5taquitos

P9mrYJul.png

I felt pretty bad to run around like that. Did the same thing a game later as Han/Leia baiting them in small hallways. Ah well.

4 more Hero Hunts to go.

I had a similar Hero hunt as Leia in the Hoth caves. Just found a good corner and let them come at me 2 or 3 at a time, which was easy to handle. Drop health every time it's ready and you can last a really really long time.

Toa TAK

Banned
I had a similar Hero hunt as Leia in the Hoth caves. Just found a good corner and let them come at me 2 or 3 at a time, which was easy to handle. Drop health every time it's ready and you can last a really really long time.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out when I run into that map. I usually loathe being Luke, but I can't complain as I joined in the middle of a game with a 16 point lead and ended up winning just playing as him only. :p

Pat_DC

So at the cheap aus psn price I decided to jump in.
Only played an hour and a bit but really glad I did!

This is crazy fun! Not a lot of strategy so far (early days for me) but it just feels good, plus my inner star wars nerd can't help but smile at the presentation, graphics and sound fx. Also really enjoying not needing to ADS all the time and just strafe and hip fire for closer engagements and what seems like a fairly solid frame rate.

Anyway it seems like a nice alternative to take breaks from Blops 3 and just play for fun.
Looking forward to getting more into it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
OT-only is fine by me. Always has been. I'd have preferred PT content, but I'm not remotely surprised they didn't want to include it.

Nothing space-related is a bummer though. Not even just one mode with the Death Star or something.

grmlin

P9mrYJul.png

4 more Hero Hunts to go.

I hate hero hunt, it's all about luck. Tried it a few times, no way I play this again.

Regarding Fighter Squadron: I got used to the Tie Interceptor after some time, and while I die more often than in an A-Wing because of that stupid shield, I do well. Imperium can win this, too ;)

Still not managed to get a hero ship though :(

Tried playing Black Ops 3 after having only played Battlefront the last two months. Can't do it. I mean I technically can play it fine, but it is just so boring and sterile. Battlefront is just too much pure fun to put up with crap like COD anymore.

I can play this for 30 mins at most before I get annoyed at spending 90% of my game time avoiding cheap nasty insta kill auto lock on firing rockets that people fire all match. They refresh every 15 seconds and usually 15 of the 20 people on the opposite team are using them meaning they're spammed throughout each and every match.

Until the homing missile is removed ; the game will remain absolute garbage.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I think this is my GOTY.

I'm just never not having a blast with Battlefront. Crazy. Never thought I'd love a shooter.

I'm sure I'll probably end up digging The Witcher 3 more if/when I get through that series, but for now, yeah. GOTY.

Interfectum

I think this is my GOTY.

I'm just never not having a blast with Battlefront. Crazy. Never thought I'd love a shooter.

I'm sure I'll probably end up digging The Witcher 3 more if/when I get through that series, but for now, yeah. GOTY.

Not my GOTY but I'm playing it a lot more than I thought I would and it is on my GOTY list. I've clocked almost 30 hours into the game so far. There is nothing in a video game this year that matches the feeling of walking near an AT-AT. Star Wars fanboy dream come true lol.

Ferr986

I hate hero hunt, it's all about luck. Tried it a few times, no way I play this again.

Regarding Fighter Squadron: I got used to the Tie Interceptor after some time, and while I die more often than in an A-Wing because of that stupid shield, I do well. Imperium can win this, too ;)

Still not managed to get a hero ship though :(

Just demolished Rebels on FS. That was some weird shit lol

I like the Interceptor more than the Fighter too. Hell, I like the X-Wing more than the A-Wing even if the A is broken (and I can top the leaderboard with the X just fine).

At first I got plenty of hero ships, but not anymore. People camp the shit out of them (and then proceed to do shit, because if you're using a hero ship and you're not topping the list you're doing something wrong IMO).

Braag

That's pretty absurd :/

The season pass costs as much as a brand new game would so the amount of content should also match that.
The fact that they don't want to add anything from the PT or TFA shows that they're saving that stuff for the sequels.
It would've been amazing to play as Darth Maul or young Obi Wan or even Kalo and Rey.

I don't see why it would be an issue though. They could add only a few maps and characters from the PT and in the sequel concentrate more on that. Rather than make one game for one trilogy.

grmlin

Just demolished Rebels on FS. That was some weird shit lol

I like the Interceptor more than the Fighter too. Hell, I like the X-Wing more than the A-Wing even if the A is broken (and I can top the leaderboard with the X just fine).

At first I got plenty of hero ships, but not anymore. People camp the shit out of them (and then proceed to do shit, because if you're using a hero ship and you're not topping the list you're doing something wrong IMO).

This can be fixed easily, spawn those hero ships randomly somewhere...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think this is my GOTY.

I was just going to post this. I feel it is mine as well. I am investing more hours into this than any other game this year. I am also enjoying it every time I turn it on.

Also gushing either fan service moments in the Star Wars universe just like the movie is a huge plus.

Runner up would be Until Dawn. Yet to play Life is Strange.

One thing I would like them to add, is current modes without all the Hero content, ESPECIALLY Fighter Squadron.

I am still holding out hope the Space Battle tweet was miscommunication where as a Death Star would be considered a "planet vista" to them. They will and have been receiving a lot of flak over this.

Drooling at the thought of battling over a Star Destroyer and Corellian Cruiser as well.

adj_noun

The fact that as an Imperial you can get spawned right into a piece of debris that kills you on the Jakku FS map never fails to amuse me.

Like the Imperials didn't have enough problems.

Hero spawns on Hoth Supremacy are weird. Getting a hero as the Rebels spawns you right inside the combat zone if the Rebels have the center point captured. Luke barely lasts 10 seconds when 15 Imperials all focus fire on him.

adj_noun

Hero spawns on Hoth Supremacy are weird. Getting a hero as the Rebels spawns you right inside the combat zone if the Rebels have the center point captured. Luke barely lasts 10 seconds when 15 Imperials all focus fire on him.

Yeah, that happened to me once. Ouch.

Dr Prob

Banned
Was playing Jakku Supremacy on an absolutely terrible team and had visions of this:

https://youtu.be/oHRKF1XUeZ4

LOL!

I am only speaking from experience. I felt like I lost pretty much every gun fight until I unlocked the last two EE rifles. And ever since then I have been getting killed by the DL-44.

I guess my main problem with the game is how many things can kill you with one hit. ATSTs, Heros, Honing Missiles that lock on in 2 seconds, Sniper rifles. So it's extremely frustrating when you manage to avoid all these things to then die because your gun was weaker than the guy who spent more time playing the game.

Agree that the DL-44 is totally out of control. It's just that I think if you can put that to the side, all the other guns are pretty balanced so it's not really a case of having to grind through a bunch of shitty guns until getting something useful. You can be effective pretty much right from the start, though not having the jetpack is certainly a pain.

Haha I definitely won't camp. I think my problem is that I move too much to be honest. Also, I haven't played an online shooter in like 3 years so I'm rusty as hell. Thanks for the great advice.

You're welcome, BumRush. Have no doubt that soon you'll be more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

BizzyBum

A simple fix to make hero hunt at least somewhat enjoyable would be to have the next hero be the person who did the most damage to the current hero, not last hit. Not sure what DICE was thinking there.

Also better maps. On Hoth you just need to camp certain hallways and it's almost impossible to get killed.

I played a bunch of Fighter Squadron last night and maybe it was my team or the influx of new players, but we won almost every battle even as the Imperials. I even went 12-0 in a Tie Intercepter on Jakku. I almost hit the Share button, but didn't. Now I'm kinda wishing I did.

I have never piloted the Falcon. Once someone hits that icon, they monopolize the ship for the entire match.

BizzyBum

I played a bunch of Fighter Squadron last night and maybe it was my team or the influx of new players, but we won almost every battle even as the Imperials. I even went 12-0 in a Tie Intercepter on Jakku. I almost hit the Share button, but didn't. Now I'm kinda wishing I did.

I have never piloted the Falcon. Once someone hits that icon, they monopolize the ship for the entire match.

Most definitely new players. I think the PS4 had a population surge of like 100,000 people for Christmas.

Ferr986

Just saw Rebels losing on Walker Assault in Endor for the first time... and I was one of them. That was emabarassing, but people didn't give much of a fuck (like Luke passing by ignoring two rebels getting surrounded by like 4 stormtroppers).

Yeah, atleast if they did something with them.... I don't know how can people get the Falcon and then score so few kills.

Tubie

Was playing Jakku Supremacy on an absolutely terrible team and had visions of this:

https://youtu.be/oHRKF1XUeZ4

Agree that the DL-44 is totally out of control. It's just that I think if you can put that to the side, all the other guns are pretty balanced so it's not really a case of having to grind through a bunch of shitty guns until getting something useful. You can be effective pretty much right from the start, though not having the jetpack is certainly a pain.

You're welcome, BumRush. Have no doubt that soon you'll be more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

I completely agree, all of the other guns are actually great at something and you can do very well with any of them if you play to their strengths.

I think the DL-44 needs to be a 3 shot kill weapon from close range. It would still be good because it does have decent rate of fire.

Ferr986

Considering the DL-44 is part of the Deluxe Edition, I don't think they'll even touch it. They rather get their free 10€ of every Deluxe copy.

5taquitos

Not including a map where you're flying between capital ships is a huge missed opportunity. The way Star Wars ships are designed, they make excellent "land masses" themselves. Star Destroyers have trench-like areas along the side, the Mon Cal cruisers have bumps to pop out from behind, you can fly between the two "pylons" of the Nebula B frigate, etc.

So much potential, and the models for all of them exist in the game already.

Vinland

Banned
Most definitely new players. I think the PS4 had a population surge of like 100,000 people for Christmas.
+1 for me. One of my brothers got it for me. I played last night. You know... it's light on the depth but somehow it is still better to me than Halo 5. I was janking up Supremecy last night. Before I knew it I was 2 hours in.

EL CUCO

A simple fix to make hero hunt at least somewhat enjoyable would be to have the next hero be the person who did the most damage to the current hero, not last hit. Not sure what DICE was thinking there.

Also better maps. On Hoth you just need to camp certain hallways and it's almost impossible to get killed.
Yes pls to all of this.

As it stands it's easily the worst mode in the game.

Ozorov

If I'm reading into Origins and Xbox's description of the season pass correctly, it looks like we will get 4 new heroes. 1 per pack I guess. Seems kinda odd.

Just saw Rebels losing on Walker Assault in Endor for the first time... and I was one of them. That was emabarassing, but people didn't give much of a fuck (like Luke passing by ignoring two rebels getting surrounded by like 4 stormtroppers).

I played a round as Imperials where we shut them out of a single Y-wing in the first batch on Endor.

I'd never had that happen before, and I damn sure didn't expect it out of Endor, much less on the first set. There were a few close calls, but I had jetpack and personal shield... jumped right into the one under the bridge to turn off the uplink then die as the shield runs out on 2 separate occasions.

The Rebels weren't exceptionally bad, either. The team was just clicking so well. I believe it was the same team that, the match before, another person and I grabbed A-wings on Tattooine and never died for the rest of the match. Two people doing strafing runs on AT-ATs in A-wings brings them down so, so fast. We never had more than 4 Y-wings in a set and still brought down the walkers.

I'd also like to submit a formal apology to anyone on my team last night during Walker Assault on Tatooine. I was going for the Walker tow cable trophy and I botched it—thrice—and then ran out of time. It was my first time, other than the tutorial mission I played at launch, and I completely forgot the controls. I went back to the tutorial and aced it... so next time, I should be ready.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Yes pls to all of this.

Agreed with all of this. In concept, it is great, as it stands right now, it is utter shit, and will prevent me from the win in all game modes trophy.

Yes pls to all of this.

Agreed with all of this. In concept, it is great, as it stands right now, it is utter shit, and will prevent me from the win in all game modes trophy.

I've played it twice and hated it both times. HATED IT!

Woorloog

Banned
Met my first aimbotter... I saw a couple of really, really good players today before but this one was a clear aimbot.

And then the game crashed while i alt-tabbed to figure out how to report people (didn't have Origin overlay enabled before...).

grmlin

So tonight is really really weird. No matter how well I aim my hits don't do anything most of the time.

No idea what this is, but standing in front of someone with that shock blaster thing hitting him and in the kill cam he has 100% health is frustrating.

I think it's the servers and the fact that Indont play one any near me.

patchday

Both of the Hero centric modes get quickly boring due to a lack of variety in the cast right now.

Yeah I'd love to see some other heroes used. My buddy thinks they saving some of the other obvious choices for dlc (Yoda, ob1-kenobi, etc). I sort of feel like they should be present in the base game

I think this is my GOTY.

lol I know, right? Mine too. Game is absolutely mad fun.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Considering the DL-44 is part of the Deluxe Edition, I don't think they'll even touch it. They rather get their free 10€ of every Deluxe copy.
They'll nerf it eventually, they do the same with every BF4 expansion - introduce some OP gun and then nerf down the line. Once everyone has the DL-44 unlocked they will nerf it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom