• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
My vision of Ion Torp would not lock-on people. Splash damage can be reduced if jet-pack is a problem. Essentially i'd be like Boba's wrist rocket (which is just fine at the moment). In such case, Homing Shot would not exist either.

As it is, the Ion Torp is actually one-shot kill on people (i've managed to hit enemy troopers who got in the way while trying to shoot vehicles/droids).

No comment on the Ion Grenade, it is utterly worthless in my experience.

Also, the damage penalty vs troopers from Ion Shot should be removed. The charge has limited usefulness as it is, removing the damage penalty would be perhaps encourage people to use it against shielded infantry and other things. Or use it in the first place.

And were it up to me, i'd have the Jet Pack lock all attacks and cards for one second or so, to prevent jump-attacks. The idea is that the Jet Pack gives one increased mobility, nothing more.

lawnchair

Banned
And were it up to me, i'd have the Jet Pack lock all attacks and cards for one second or so, to prevent jump-attacks. The idea is that the Jet Pack gives one increased mobility, nothing more.

I'm a little torn on this. the jetpack/bowcaster combo is really cheese shit, but i don't think jetpack/other weapons really is. maybe they could do something to that specifically .. but if you can manage to shoot somebody with a regular blaster or place a perfect grenade while in the air its great. landing behind somebody and being shooting while you land etc. is fun and not super cheesed like the bowcaster situation.

Icefire1424

Despite the game being out for awhile now, I have finally acquired my copy, and managed to complete a single online multiplayer game last night. For 7 minutes I still consider that a victory, especially considering I wasn't slaughtered. I look forward to playing again, and hopefully avoid getting trampled by the veterans who are able to play the game on the regular.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm a little torn on this. the jetpack/bowcaster combo is really cheese shit, but i don't think jetpack/other weapons really is. maybe they could do something to that specifically .. but if you can manage to shoot somebody with a regular blaster or place a perfect grenade while in the air its great. landing behind somebody and being shooting while you land etc. is fun and not super cheesed like the bowcaster situation.

I'd also remove Bowcaster's explosive effect. In addition to jet-pack weapons lock.
(Or i'd just convert every single thing to power ups, i really, really don't like customizable loadouts in general. Or make a class system, there's 5 traits that would neat provide basis for 5 classes...)

pacman85

not many days left in january for the january update!
heck, we are just trying to get an update on what the january update is going to contain. either way, it's amazing because:
1. they are literally still working on the update this late in january and haven't finalized exactly what is in the update yet. i don't know how they will get tested, submitted to certification and live by end of january but if they can, more power to them.
or
2. they have planned all along to not announce anything until around this time which is equally bad because of the lack of content in the base game and the fact that every post they make has people just clamoring for DLC news clearly showing we like the game but just want more content.

this is the first DICE game i have played (never touched the battlefield series). have they always been this bad at communication?

heck, we are just trying to get an update on what the january update is going to contain. either way, it's amazing because:
1. they are literally still working on the update this late in january and haven't finalized exactly what is in the update yet. i don't know how they will get tested, submitted to certification and live by end of january but if they can, more power to them.

Word on the street is that they have had this patch completed since the beginning of this month and its been in the certification process ever since. I forget who said it but I read that EA wont let them announce any details until its certified.

Ozorov

Word on the street is that they have had this patch completed since the beginning of this month and its been in the certification process ever since. I forget who said it but I read that EA wont let them announce any details until its certified.
The patch has been done since christmas

pacman85

ahhhh so EA is to blame for this piss poor communication/release cycle.

Interfectum

I thought the certification process on consoles was a bit smoother now. Why does it take a month to patch a multiplayer game?

Woorloog

Banned
For fucks sake, the game crashed again. Once again, it was the Direct X error. And i don't think it is a driver related issue, as i just updated them.

Also, the fucking MM doesn't find any matches whatsoever...

Do you have the Jakku DLC downloaded? Not sure if its an issue on the PC but on consoles having the Jakku dlc enabled completely changes the matchmaking. You cant join servers with Jakku DLC in rotation at all unless you have it installed and selected at the main menu.

Woorloog

Banned
Do you have the Jakku DLC downloaded? Not sure if its an issue on the PC but on consoles having the Jakku dlc enabled completely changes the matchmaking. You cant join servers with Jakku DLC in rotation at all unless you have it installed and selected at the main menu.

I have Jakku and i'm using the correct rotation.

Yet the fucking thing just doesn't find any servers.

EDIT Supremacy that is. WA finds games though i ran into a hacker...

Woorloog

Banned
YOU FUCKING FUCKS DICE; FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME YOU FUCKS!

The chat bug i had yesterday? AGAIN!
Easy to reproduce: Open chat, write, die before finishing. BOOM, your controls are completely locked!

FUCK DICE

Woorloog

Banned
ALSO, I CANT OPEN THE FUCKING GAME!
I click play on Origin, and the button's now grayed out BUT there's nothing. Nor can i even close the .exe, for it isn't open!

OH; RIGHT, FIGURED OUT THE FUCKING PROBLEM: ORIGIN OPENED CANDY CRUSH SAGA RANDOMLY!

FUCK YOU EA

AND NOW THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DOESN'T LOAD ORIGINS FRIEND LIST!

No Love

Banned
So on Fighter Squadron I hit my personal best record of 20 kills in a round with the X-Wing... Was really happy because getting that many kills with the somewhat vulnerable X-Wing isn't easy.

Next match I used the A-Wing for the first time in weeks.

23 kills.

Fuck the A-Wing.

Interfectum

So on Fighter Squadron I hit my personal best record of 20 kills in a round with the X-Wing...

Next match I used the A-Wing for the first time in weeks.

23 kills.

Fuck the A-Wing.

I'm never going to look at the A-Wing the same way again because of this game.

Apeboy

Yes, really. This miserable episode that has lasted for over a month now needs a reboot.

No more wannabe coy, quaint answers. No more teasing announcements of announcements.

If the January update is not out today then say it. If it's not going to make it by the end of January, say it. Anything in between is not helping.

Yes, really. This miserable episode that has lasted for over a month now needs a reboot.

No more wannabe coy, quaint answers. No more teasing announcements of announcements.

If the January update is not out today then say it. If it's not going to make it by the end of January, say it. Anything in between is not helping.

:smileyface

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone have had a bug where their camera perspective suddenly changes (in this case, from 3rd to first person) and can't change it back for a moment?

Pretty much this. Some people are taking it a bit too seriously, but it has been kinda irritating how badly EA/DICE have been in engaging with the community. If its EA keeping DICE from communicating with the community, then who do we complain to at EA?

I dont see how this is even a good business decision...the community is practically begging for reason to buy the season pass but they give they coy non-answers and dodges. Its gotten a bit insulting at this point.

Ozorov

Maybe because Dice cant tell anything because of EA. That response clearly says no not today, but tomorrow or wendsday

Apeboy

Pretty much this. Some people are taking it a bit too seriously, but it has been kinda irritating how badly EA/DICE have been in engaging with the community.....

Yeah, you are always going to have those that are quick to grab the pitchforks and torches but mostly what I see is just frustration.

Maybe because Dice cant tell anything because of EA. That response clearly says no not today, but tomorrow or wendsday

DICE is EA. There is no evil empire triad of EA, Disney and DICE trying to thwart people from enjoying SWB. It is a continuing customer relation f'up that no one really seems to care to address from within. Customer relations and developers are content to point fingers at others involved in the project without grasping they are making the situation worse.

A patch apparently exists yet Sony and MS certification is a process to make sure the patch doesn't break the console, not SWB. Any delay will not change what gameplay issues have been changed.

bc19c97a7757f098184fedc1c794745f.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Jakku, WA, Rebels. I flew the whole second and third phase with an A-Wing without getting shot down. One guy did try to shoot me the whole time but one Ion Torp is hardly enough, especially since i'm adept at dodging them.

It was almost a loss but i may have won the game for us by ramming the A-Wing to the AT-AT... after dealing a lot of damage with guns and missiles.

Xzan

I honestly think Jumpcaster streaks are more of a PC-specific problem due to the precision of controls. I'm one of the few people I've seen in matches with the loadout on PS4, let alone managed to get a Rank 3 BH streak going. Everyone else usually is carrying a combo Homing Shot/Pulse Cannon/Thermal Detonator. Having said that, I almost exclusively play WA and Supremacy so it may be more frequent on the smaller modes.

Between Personal Shield, Bodyguard and Jump Pack, there are a few defences help against it, or you can just flat out run when you see the red glow. Is a single, non-streak Jumpcaster death cheap? Sure. Is it any more cheap than being sniped by a Pulse Cannon from 50m+, cheesed by a Homing Shot, or any other random explosive death? Nope.

Personally, I think its a great tool for damaging heroes and getting the occasional free kill. But it comes at the price of leaving you open to being killed if you're too aggressive without a streak and, like any Jump-pack loadout, you sacrifice utility for mobility (mobility that can be greatly reduced if you're stuck indoors).

Woorloog

Banned
Soo, why doesn't the chat stay open but half a second for me? It used to stay open long enough to read messages. Now it doesn't even show new messages, only if i open chat i can see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom