• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Well fuck me sideways, my mom's health problems took a turn for the worse today and I'll be spending all my remaining moola covering the costs Medicaid isn't touching. No worries -- she should be fine, but it's a surgical operation, and we know how pricey those are. She's been in a long-term healthcare facility since 2007; it sucks, she's only 45.

Was gonna get this at launch, think I'll wait now. As they say in Final Fantasy Tactics, "l i t t l e m o n e y." Keep those PS4 server populations running sky-high, 'cause I'mma be there with you circa... I don't know, February-ish.

Edit: Heroes and Villains predictions. Rey, Finn, Ren, Chewbacca.

Risgroo

Well fuck me sideways, my mom's health problems took a turn for the worse today and I'll be spending all my remaining moola covering the costs Medicaid isn't touching. No worries -- she should be fine, but it's a surgical operation, and we know how pricey those are. She's been in a long-term healthcare facility since 2007; it sucks, she's only 45.

Was gonna get this at launch, think I'll wait now. As they say in Final Fantasy Tactics, "l i t t l e m o n e y." Keep those PS4 server populations running sky-high, 'cause I'mma be there with you circa... I don't know, February-ish.

Man, hope everything works out for you!

I'll do my best to keep the server populations fully armed and operational :)

These Hero/Villain predictions need to consider that Hero and Villain numbers match. No way they're adding three heroes and just one villain.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Been playing for a while now, and the multiplayer modes are very fun. Offline missions are way worse then I expected. For some reason they didn`t add bots and offline mode to the multiplayer modes as well. That was possible in their previous games.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Man, hope everything works out for you!

I'll do my best to keep the server populations fully armed and operational :)

Thanks mate. :D

These Hero/Villain predictions need to consider that Hero and Villain numbers match. No way they're adding three heroes and just one villain.

Yeah, you're right. Actually virtually my entire answer is off now that I've considered that I don't actually think there'll be any "real" TFA content. I'm going with Yoda, Chewbacca, IG-88 (wild card, yo) and lastly Kylo Ren because "eff it why not."

DarkKyo

I pre-ordered this on Amazon yesterday and I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying my code was ready and that I could access the game at 12:00 AM November 13... I assume that just means pre-load, right??

RoKKeR

Thanks to anyone who tuned in to my little stream this afternoon.

I still am a bit unsure about the power up situation. They can be so crucial to a game, and timing them / knowing where they are is super critical.

I think they need to be more visible on the map.

border

I imagine a very casual Battlefront player will get very excited when he gets to pick up a coin and enter an AT&T, or bike, or whatever. But for hardcore shooter fans, I feel like we need that mastery side to really commit to playing long-term.

But in Battlefront, we're all just infantry, and rarely, we'll get to be a pilot, or a gunner, or maybe Darth Vader. But I'm never any of those things often enough to get a real shot at mastering them.

I'm not sure how much the "very casual" player is going to enjoy a game where you spend 95% of your time as a fragile, disposable grunt in a generic shooter, and 5% of their time doing the very cool things that are a part of the Star Wars universe.

Predictions:

epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy
Season Pass will be epic, confirmed.

Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
Rebels and Imperials? Sounds like only OT era, not even Sequel Trilogy. Before anyone says Jakku, it's 1 year after Jedi and is still Rebel Alliance vs Galactic Empire.

4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
Lando and Chewie for heroes, Tarkin and Bosk for villains.

16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
Bespin, Yavin 4, Dagobah, and I guess Death Star because there's not many planets in the OT. 3 maps each. Then 4 space maps: Space Yavin with Death Star, Space Hoth, Asteroid Field space, and Space Endor with Death Star 2.

4 exciting new game modes
Classic conquest, space battle, single flag ctf with new name, and something else smaller scale.

Yeah, you're right. Actually virtually my entire answer is off now that I've considered that I don't actually think there'll be any "real" TFA content. I'm going with Yoda, Chewbacca, IG-88 (wild card, yo) and lastly Kylo Ren because "eff it why not."

I would be so down with IG-88.

What's the deal with Tarkin? The hell would his powers be?

JDHarbs

If the season pass doesn't have a Death Star map for Fighter Squadron then I will be very upset. Preferably with a Trench Run mode or possibly a Mission as well.

This was the only thing missing from the original games that no mod could really make up for.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If the season pass doesn't have a Death Star map for Fighter Squadron then I will be very upset. Preferably with a Trench Run mode or possibly a Mission as well.

This was the only thing missing from the original games that no mod could really make up for.
I'm expecting it.

BTW your avatar reminded me how bummed I am that you can't wear the Rebel pilot outfit while playing infantry. Always loved it.

5taquitos

There is no way the Trench does not show up at some point.

Predictions:

epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy

Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
Rebels and Imperials? Sounds like only OT era, not even Sequel Trilogy. Before anyone says Jakku, it's 1 year after Jedi and is still Rebel Alliance vs Galactic Empire.

Bespin, Yavin 4, Dagobah, and I guess Death Star because there's not many planets in the OT. 3 maps each. Then 4 space maps: Space Yavin with Death Star, Space Hoth, Asteroid Field space, and Space Endor with Death Star 2.

Classic conquest, space battle, single flag ctf with new name, and something else smaller scale.

They'd be CRAZY not to include stuff from the new movie. People will be dying to play as Kylo, Finn, Rey and Phasma.

Unless the new movie sucks

PLEASE DON'T SUCK

They'd be CRAZY not to include stuff from the new movie. People will be dying to play as Kylo, Finn, Rey and Phasma.

Unless the new movie sucks

PLEASE DON'T SUCK
Oh, I agree. Maybe I'm reading that wrong, "including .... for Rebels and Imperials" could mean "as well as for" instead of "exclusively for."

Predictions:

Have they said there won't be Prequel-era stuff? I know the movies were... ahem, not beloved... but at least there's a lot there to pull from. Dropping in the Separatist army and clone troopers seems like a no-brainer.

cybropm

I am guessing if we do get a "trench" map it will be the one from the new film TFA.

Star-Wars-7-Trailer-3-Starkiller-Ice-Planet.jpg

5taquitos

Ya a whole mode about trying to blow up the deathstar would be awesome.

I could see a form of Rush mode called Trench Run. Three stages, starting with Rebels gaining air superiority approaching the Death Star. Stage 2 would be taking out the towers. Stage 3 would be the Trench Run itself, maybe with a target at the end that needs to be hit a certain number of times.

This won't happen though.

I am guessing if we do get a "trench" map it will be the one from the new film TFA.

Yeah, this is pretty likely too, though they'd be remiss to not include the OG Death Star.

adj_noun

What's the deal with Tarkin? The hell would his powers be?

That's the problem with additional OT villains. You're basically down to guys who don't fight hand to hand* or characters that amount to memorable cameos.

*in the film, don't come at me with some EU tarkin fu stuff

5taquitos

How would you pull this off in a multiplayer game though?

See my post a few above yours. It's a half-baked idea, but I think it could be fun.

Edit: It could also just be a simple map that allows people to fly into the trench if they want. This is probably more likely than a specific mode.

Well Gaf, I did it. I bought EA Access for $30 on Amazon. Worth every penny! Star Wars is legit. There's so much going on and when things like Luke Skywalker eating a rocket mid air happen you can't help but take a moment and burst out in laughter! I'm excited to get lost in this game. I'm eager to see what they have planned in their DLC, to say the least. I'm kinda happy about EA access though, consideting the year EA is about to have 2016! Titanfall 2, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge 2, PvZ2(kinddda on the fence with this one) - yes give me them all a week early! Booya!

RE_Player

Played a couple matches. Looks great, plays great but can't see myself buying it or dumping any more time into it. Maybe on a sale but I can't spend full price up here in Canada for this. Maybe I'll wait for the premium edition that has everything in one package a year from now.

Dabanton

If you're just "running around and firing" in any shooter EVER, you aren't playing with an active mind yourself. There's plenty of avenues and options when it comes to outwitting your opponents in this game.

I always play my FPS games tactically but there is no need to in this game. There are no need for 'tactics'. There is no pleasure, skill or brain power needed in outwitting another player in this game like there is in BF , CoD or even Titanfall. There is no need for map control.

I play a fair few FPS games and the repetitiveness is what makes them good and keeps you coming back for more, but I'm just not getting that feeling from this game. It all feels very,very simple. More power if you like that kind of FPS experience.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I used up the 10 hours on EA Access from one account. Tried a 2nd account and it didn't work. Any suggestions to try and play more?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

That sucks man. My thoughts are with you and your mom.

Played a couple matches. Looks great, plays great but can't see myself buying it or dumping any more time into it. Maybe on a sale but I can't spend full price up here in Canada for this. Maybe I'll wait for the premium edition that has everything in one package a year from now.

Yeah, thank the heavens for Gamer's Club Unlocked. I'll be picking this up for $45, as opposed to $65

Feel A LOT more comfortable about the purchase cause of it :)

J_Viper

Played a few hours today, and though it's incredibly well made in terms of production values, I can certainly see myself growing bored with it quickly.

There just isn't enough content here to warrant a full price purchase, hell not even a $40 purchase, and the gameplay isn't thrilling enough to make up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom