• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is Rebels supposed to be tied into Rogue One in some way?

Well, the most recent episode they went to
Geonisis
, only to find them all wiped out by the Empire. And as you know,
they were the ones that designed the Death Star for Palps.
, thus,
they were trying to figure out why they were wiped out, and what the Empire was hiding that went on there.

So it should tie in perfectly.

The animated shows and films are going to stay separate according to Filoni.

Yes, but the canon and lore will tie in together. Meaning, you may not see any show characters in Live Action, but the events still are canon.

Rex would be awesome in a Clone Wars Battlefront! Hell, I'd take old man Rex fighting for the Rebels. He was on Endor too!

Rex_Endor_1.jpg

I even use the Rebel head that closest matches this (white bearded rebel) despite having the alien races.

you really think hating the prequels was a "pop culture sensation" ? like a trend? i've got news for you man. hatred for the prequels is very real and is still thriving today, thank you very much. ; )
So is the love for Star Wars which is another pop culture sensation. I very firmly believe that a lot of people find it entertaining to grossly over exaggerated the quality of the films, and that others who might of otherwise enjoyed them get swept up into this.

Toa TAK

Banned
The animated shows and films are going to stay separate according to Filoni.

Well, the most recent episode they went to
Geonisis
, only to find them all wiped out by the Empire. And as you know,
they were the ones that designed the Death Star for Palps.
, thus,
they were trying to figure out why they were wiped out, and what the Empire was hiding that went on there.

So it should tie in perfectly.

Yes, but the canon and lore will tie in together. Meaning, you may not see any show characters in Live Action, but the events still are canon.

Cool I get it. The characters may not carry over but both build up the overall Star Wars universe and lore. As expected.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Rex would be awesome in a Clone Wars Battlefront! Hell, I'd take old man Rex fighting for the Rebels. He was on Endor too!

I even use the Rebel head that closest matches this (white bearded rebel) despite having the alien races.

I do the same older dude with the beard for that very reason, lol. Not mostly Rex, but from that one guy on Endor, and how most of the Rebels were ones that were old enough to remember The Clone Wars, having fought in it, etc.

Kind of like our society now. Most of the the older folks remember history, and lived through it, where younger ones are forgetful of it, and are more susceptible to conforming.

Some cameos would be nice, but they won't want to alienate the people who only go to watch the films by linking them too closely together.

Yeah, I do not think they will do any cameos, but references of the canon will tie together, much like the books do as well, and there are plenty that do not read them either.

The most recent episode of Rebels shows it is starting to tie in to Rogue One.

lawnchair

Banned
Kind of like our society now. Most of the the older folks remember history, and lived through it, where younger ones are forgetful of it, and are more susceptible to conforming.

you're referring to how the old people remember how truly shitty the PT was, and how the youth seem to have forgotten and are pretending that it was decent, right? :D

jk ill stop my hate train for now.

i'm having trouble deciding on whether or not to buy the season pass at this point .. i'm going to be leaving the country in October for the long-term, won't have my PS4 with me .. i don't know, i just don't know.

Yeah, I do not think they will do any cameos, but references of the canon will tie together, much like the books do as well, and there are plenty that do not read them either.

The most recent episode of Rebels shows it is starting to tie in to Rogue One.
There's a more recent episode that also begins to tie into KOTOR (which isn't canon, yet) which is really cool. Neat seeing everything tie together.

And despite the shows and movie being separate, they work really well together. For instance, Anakin's fall is much more believable in 3 considering
there were some Jedi getting wary off their involvement in the war and suspecting they might be up to something, the Jedi Council faking Obi-wan's death and not telling Anakin, and the council not standing behind Ahsoka during her trial, not even Obi-wan, eventually leading to her banishment.
Everything was falling apart for Anakin and he had no one left to turn to besides Palpatine.

Forget cameos though, I'd kill for just a name drop. Also really want an Ahsoka anthology film set between Clone Wars and Rebels. Could film it like a summer super hero movie and make it accessible to everyone. Then maybe we can get her in a high budget game.

Her actress did a cosplay of herself, and since then I've been dreaming.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, Disney has been doing an admirable job with the new direction of LucasArts. I never thought we would see this day when Lucas was still at the helm. Love what he gave us, but he was very sluggish and wishy washy when it came to getting scraps of anything new.

Their firm stance on the canon has definitely fleshed out the universe more, and I am eager to see their take on TOR era.

SeppOCE

star_wars_battlefront_outer_rim-600x373.jpg

Can someone tell me how these two characters will sell a DLC to the masses or make season pass owners want to return? Apart from the small amount of die hard Star Wars fans people can't possibly consider these two to be exciting additions can they?

MADGAME

I'm on default as well, but have read many posts stating higher sensitivity brings advantages, including winning melee battles. I just started increasing it but didn't want to deal with a drastic change that left me unable to hit anyone, so I adjust by one or two per day and will see how it goes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Either way. For a while I had it at 50, stopped playing for a week, went back and had to adjust down to 45. Maybe it's a placebo.

Possibly. I tend to find myself adjusting most FPS games out of the box up a notch or two over default. So used to PC FPS games since they first came out, that most default console controls do not feel snappy or fast enough.

I have not played in a couple of weeks, so I will hop on tonight and see if I need to adjust down, lol.

Ozorov

Possibly. I tend to find myself adjusting most FPS games out of the box up a notch or two over default. So used to PC FPS games since they first came out, that most default console controls do not feel snappy or fast enough.

I have not played in a couple of weeks, so I will hop on tonight and see if I need to adjust down, lol.

What is default? 20?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Are you guys playing on PS4?

Cuz I feel like I'm the oddball here who only has the sensitivity at like 30 for any shooter I play on a console lol. I'm only alright going higher on PC

EDIT: nvm I can't read apparently

Man, people really need to learn how to go into lockdown in Supremacy .... < 2 mins to go, leading 4-1 the Hero decides he or she wants to capture the last control point and guess what? My side ends up losing 3-2.

On other matters, anybody else think the DH-17 should be nerfed ?

Kovet

not at all.

i actually disagree i think the dh17 needs a nerf. The only skill it requires is moving throughout the environment and limiting your engagement distance. In third person this is really easy. I find it annoying when i play against teams who only use it on the rebel hideout map and can do decent then when they get spanked on raider camp they all quit. happens literally every time.....

lawnchair

Banned
i actually disagree i think the dh17 needs a nerf. The only skill it requires is moving throughout the environment and limiting your engagement distance. In third person this is really easy. I find it annoying when i play against teams who only use it on the rebel hideout map and can do decent then when they get spanked on raider camp they all quit. happens literally every time.....

i don't really run into it all that often. definitely haven't seen a team full of people using it..

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How are the power-ups apportioned? Played a WA game last night on hoth where imperials got 4 AT-ST's before the first set was over. Is their always that many available or is their some randomness to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom