• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

explosive shot

giphy.gif

If you could remove one weapon/star card/hero. whatever. What would you remove?

I would remove explosive shot.

I don't have a problem with explosive shot --- It deals with people who like to camp at hard to reach places that require multiple jetpack jumps to reach (like on-top of the crashed Rebel cruiser on Jakku) for the entirety of the game.

Fuck short Supremacy games. Push them back to their last and hold it until the time runs out.

All Supremacy games would be a lot shorter if players could communicate amongst themselves.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If you could remove one weapon/star card/hero. whatever. What would you remove?

I would remove explosive shot.
Personal shield. Too many people have got the timing down too well. You get enough shots off to get them to 10% health, they pop personal shield and then run away. I feel like it should have a 2 second delay.

lawnchair

Banned
Personal shield. Too many people have got the timing down too well. You get enough shots off to get them to 10% health, they pop personal shield and then run away. I feel like it should have a 2 second delay.

2 second delay? once somebody gets a bead on me i'm usually dead in 2 seconds, it would be useless at that point.

i use personal shield the majority of the time. if i start taking fire from behind or off to the sides or anywhere i can't see, i just pop that sucka instantly and gtfo.

I am inclined to agree with you.

Is anybody surprised about the lack of activity in CTF? In previous incarnations of Battlefront it was one of the most popular games. Has it ever been busy in this version?

leng jai

Agreed. Shooting people down to 10-20% health and then seeing them pop the shield and just run away is daft. Who thought that would be a good mechanic?

PrankT

Scan Pulse is far more disruptive than the Personal Shield. I'm fine with all of them, but surprised people are more concerned with a defensive card than offense.

Significant? Like what?

Four new maps (two large, two small)
A single player map made available for multiplayer modes (Raider Camp)
A new single player survival map
A new mode for all large maps (turning point)
New hero outfits (Hoth Luke and Han, Endor Leia)
Daily challenges
And probably next week a new large Endor map

I spend 99% of my time in Drop Zone, so I think I've only seen Twilight on Hoth.

Daily challenges

Eh

JonCha

Daily challenges

It's probably worth pointing out this is free content released, what, over a couple of months? They're going to continue releasing this kind of content between expansion packs.

Portman

Picked up the Ultimate Edition during the Origin flash sale to try it out. Have played 4-5 matches of Walker Assault and have enjoyed it once I figured out what was going on. I tried a few other modes but they always fail to find any players. Are there only a few modes that everyone plays or did I just pick a bad day (Sunday) to test it out on?

Just curious since I could return it with EA's game guarantee if it's mostly one game type. But I am having fun too (inner star wars geek loves it) and I'm guessing it's more fun with friends/group (is there a GAF group for the PC on it?).

Picked up the Ultimate Edition during the Origin flash sale to try it out. Have played 4-5 matches of Walker Assault and have enjoyed it once I figured out what was going on. I tried a few other modes but they always fail to find any players. Are there only a few modes that everyone plays or did I just pick a bad day (Sunday) to test it out on?

Just curious since I could return it with EA's game guarantee if it's mostly one game type. But I am having fun too (inner star wars geek loves it) and I'm guessing it's more fun with friends/group (is there a GAF group for the PC on it?).

You should have bought the game for a console ;) PC playerbase isnt that great

shanafan

So popped this game back in over the weekend, and it's awesome.

Question on the weapons. Blasters like the E-11, A280C are good for me. Easier to drop people with them than ones like the DLT-19 and RT-97C. Those are just way too slow, and the challenges for kills with them are brutal. Any tips?

Ozorov

Question on the weapons. Blasters like the E-11, A280C are good for me. Easier to drop people with them than ones like the DLT-19 and RT-97C. Those are just way too slow, and the challenges for kills with them are brutal. Any tips?

You can skip the challenges for 100 credits if you want. Why do you mean by those are too slow? The DLT-19 is still great imo, dunno about the RT-97C. But it was very good pre-nerf.

PrankT

Just need to stick with it. They really don't do anything better than any other gun, so it's kind of a chore to use them. The RT-97C was good before a recent nerf, but it's mediocre now along with the DLT-19. You can increase their effectiveness with Explosive Shot and Focus Fire. Besides that try to catch people offguard instead of head on.

Edit: You can also just ignore the challenges. I'm about 110 hours in and I've only done a few because it keeps giving me flying challenges, which is the most boring part of the game for me. I also don't want to pay to get a different challenge when the payoff is so minor. I think you earn more by playing with items you enjoy than forcing stuff you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom