• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Closer than you think.

gps.gif

0-15 in Heroes vs Villains matches.

Pretty much the way that mode is, it always joins you on teams that have people quitting, meaning the other team is usually kicking ass so you usually get stuck with bad teams. (Especially given the smaller nature of the 12 person game)

Just gotta keep trying, or play with friends. It's my favorite mode by far with people that know what they're doing. :)

Palpable

Not hitman?

Hitman is great, but MGS is my favorite by far. I'm a little sour because the last one was such a disappointment. Too hyped for Hitman and Uncharted 4 right now, though.

So it sounds like Dice finished Outer Rim on friday and are starting on Cloud City today

Source? Outer Rim needs to release soon if it's going to make its supposed March release, considering season pass holders get it two weeks early.

Ozorov

Hitman is great, but MGS is my favorite by far. I'm a little sour because the last one was such a disappointment. Too hyped for Hitman and Uncharted 4 right now, though.

Source? Outer Rim needs to release soon if it's going to make its supposed March release, considering season pass holders get it two weeks early.

Last Thursday Dennis tweeted this :
"Last bit of work on Outer Rim for me today. Off tomorrow for my birthday and Monday it's on to Cloud City! Have a great weekend everyone!".

And one of the level artists (Daniel Cambrand) on Jabba's Palace tweeted this today "Much needed break in progress. Going to San Francisco (not GDC) to get some relaxation."

I'm kinda expecting the Endor-map tomorrow and Outer Rim next week.

OT: Did you try the Hitman-beta?

shanafan

Pretty much the way that mode is, it always joins you on teams that have people quitting, meaning the other team is usually kicking ass so you usually get stuck with bad teams. (Especially given the smaller nature of the 12 person game)

Just gotta keep trying, or play with friends. It's my favorite mode by far with people that know what they're doing. :)

I can understand being put into a match that is already one-sided, but does the game switch up players after the completed game? I haven't really looked into it, but do the same 5 players continue to stay on the same team always?

MADGAME

I second this.
Bro fist

I can understand being put into a match that is already one-sided, but does the game switch up players after the completed game? I haven't really looked into it, but do the same 5 players continue to stay on the same team always?
Currently there is no team balancing of any kind, and as of yet we've heard nothing from Dice regarding the matter.

Nope, as far as I know there's not a single mode that switches up players after a game.

For public matches, I agree it should, just not for Private, obviously.

Kovet

12834983_10205865934675472_116820408_n.jpg

finally got 100 hours, gonna give my thoughts:

Blaster tier list

A: EE-3
B: E-11, SE-14C, DH-17
C: A280C, DL-44, RT-97C
D: CA-87, DLT-19

Changes that should be made: decrease rate of fire with EE-3 or add more spread over time.
E-11 is fine, SE-14C needs a little tighter spread, DH-17 needs more spread and damage nerf.
A280C maybe decrease spread a bit. DL-44 is fine, RT97c needs slightly tighter spread over first few shots.
Ca87 needs a 50% range boost and slightly tighter spread. DLT19 needs higher base damage.

Maps
Imperial station - great symmetrical map and good for blast, cargo, and HvV. foliage can be a bit much at times but great battles play out between the hallways or the open middle.
Swamp Crash Site- another good symmetrical map but the endor foliage is almost unbearable at time and distorts sightlines significantly. Also a tad bit too big with too much time to run to the objective in drop zone.
Rebel Base - Awesome symmetrical map for blast and cargo, shame it cant be used for drop zone. It as great sightlines and makes engagements very fun wherever you are on the map.
Ice Caves - great assymetrical map with awesome sight lines and graphical beauty. Awesome for drop zone, HvV, and blast. I love the variety between top middle, the tarped up x wing, and the ice caves and tunnels. Great variety which all comes together very well.
Imperial Hangar - great for cargo, blast and HvV. Really digging the symmetry in all these maps and this one does it well can keep the action flowing smoothly if you know where to look.
Sulfur Fields - decent map which allows for ok sightlines but lacks color in many areas. the way shadow troopers blend in here is also unfair. also very infuriating spawning at the very bottom corner of the hill.
Dune Sea Exchange - Very small map which is a clusterfuck no matter which way you look at it. can be fun for HvV do to the quick encounters and lack of cover throughout the map. The ability for a jetpack user to get onto the very top of the map seems a bit too much there should be another way on top of the ship.
Rebel Depot - Great symmetrical arena map with a great 3 lane system and good overall flow. maybe a bit to easy to pin down enemies into the black room from top mid but other than that its one of the best in the game great for cargo and drop zone.
Jawa Refuge - alot of tunnels can make it hard to pick people off but it has a good flow for a match of blast or drop zone. note the ability to pester enemies when you camp on top the sandcrawler.
Goazon Badlands - nice 3 lane symmetrical map which can be a little lonesome on blast but plays well on cargo and drop zone.
Twilight on Hoth - Cluster fuck and lack of visual reference notes makes learning the map quite dificult for me although it is beautiful graphically

cant wait for the dlc

Palpable

Last Thursday Dennis tweeted this :
"Last bit of work on Outer Rim for me today. Off tomorrow for my birthday and Monday it's on to Cloud City! Have a great weekend everyone!".

And one of the level artists (Daniel Cambrand) on Jabba's Palace tweeted this today "Much needed break in progress. Going to San Francisco (not GDC) to get some relaxation."

I'm kinda expecting the Endor-map tomorrow and Outer Rim next week.

OT: Did you try the Hitman-beta?

I did. Enjoyed it. Felt like Blood Money again (the best one).

Oynox

Jeez. Bought a cheap copy of Black Ops 3 but man, that fast gameplay is nothing for me anymore. Decided to finally jump into Battlefront now and bought the Ultimate Edition.

Ozorov

Toa TAK

Banned
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-pc-ps4-x1?sf44975929=1#latest#Comment_206932

"On early Tuesday morning, March 8th, Star Wars Battlefront servers will receive our March Update. We do not foresee having extended downtime for this release.

Date: March 8th, 2016
Time:
PC: 8:00 AM UTC (12:00 AM PT / 3:00 AM ET)
PlayStation 4: 9:00 AM UTC (1:00 AM PT / 4:00 AM ET)
Xbox One: 10:00 PM UTC ( 2:00 AM PT / 5:00 AM ET)"

I wish they could announce that a tiny bit in advance.

The Patch notes are sparse. They only added the new maps.

The new map is pretty good.

Is more open in the middle but has a lot more secret passages and caves leading to vantage points for the Imperials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom