• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

So...what's fastest XP in everyone's opinions? I finally got the last few trophies I needed and the only thing between me and the Platinum trophy is getting to lv. 50

Also...are they adding more trophies with the new DLC this month?

Ozorov

So...what's fastest XP in everyone's opinions? I finally got the last few trophies I needed and the only thing between me and the Platinum trophy is getting to lv. 50

Also...are they adding more trophies with the new DLC this month?
I'm pretty sure they'll add throphies. They will also increase the level cap to 60.

The fastest way for me is drop zone

MADGAME

So nice. I was worried it'd be another green, green and more green, leafy map that I'm kind of sick of by now but I like what they've gone for here.

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for this, just seeing the news of the map as I'm heading to work. Going to be a long day waiting to play!

I only played it twice, but I already can say it's glorious.
Not only the visuals, but it's the most intense large map to date, action wise.
DICE really outdone themselves again.

MADGAME

I watched some vids, it looks so good! Are there small map variants? Hopefully for cargo?

Edit: by the patch notes I posted, it appears only large maps

JonCha

I think I still prefer Twilight as the it just seems endless and when I'm running around on the top of the map I feel pretty vulnerable.

Risgroo

VU2z2Nc.png

Aww yeah

My goodness. Just when you think this game can't get any more gorgeous. Did you record this on the PC or PS4?

Little Lars is playing on PS4.

And the map is fucking chaotic on Supremacy. Love it

;-)

How did he get free mode to go through it without enemies or hud?

I turn of the HUD and wait until the last uplink fase and wander back. Been doing a lot of recording for some videos this way.

MADGAME

​What does everyone think in terms of DLC Star Cards - should they be well balanced with vanilla cards or provide higher benefit to usage ratios since you are paying another premium for them?

Awesome! I get so excited over new bits of info!

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Have to say with the last free maps that they have released it gives me loads of confidence in the DLC coming, these maps are awesome.

Demoskinos

Adrenaline Rush is definitely a health thing. I wonder if it's buff will be enough to make running Personal Shield not so essential anymore?

I always opt for the damage boost one (forget the name) its really good especially in close corridors of just wrecking fools.

Risgroo

And the map is fucking chaotic on Supremacy. Love it
The fight for the middle control point is so intense. Had an entire match where we were just fighting over that one!
​What does everyone think in terms of DLC Star Cards - should they be well balanced with vanilla cards or provide higher benefit to usage ratios since you are paying another premium for them?

Awesome! I get so excited over new bits of info!
Hmm, I have a feeling the cards might be a bit OP at first, but they'll probably be balanced quite quickly if that's the case.

I guess we are pretty confident that outer rim will release next tuesday?
I just wish they'd give us a date lol.

Ozorov

Adrenaline Rush is definitely a health thing. I wonder if it's buff will be enough to make running Personal Shield not so essential anymore?

I always thought Adrenaline Stim like a kinda "berserk"-mode star card. Like you move faster etc. Kinda like stim works in Starcraft

I always thought Adrenaline Stim like a kinda "berserk"-mode star card. Like you move faster etc. Kinda like stim works in Starcraft
If it does give both a health boost and a speed boost I'll definitely take it over the Personal Shield. The Personal Shield is essentially a 200% health boost as it is.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
We already have the jet pack though, my guess would be health modulation of some kind.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
;-)

I turn of the HUD and wait until the last uplink fase and wander back. Been doing a lot of recording for some videos this way.

Crafty little devil...

Nice!

This game is just so damned gorgeous. I would love this engine for the single player Star Wars game being made. Hoping it is, since it is EA published.

MADGAME

Nice, I was wondering what sorcery you were performing until I saw that one Stormtrooper run by at the end :)

I might be having a deep moment but how did you put your weapon away?

Edit: did you have an imploder equipped?

I still haven't gotten the update yet. I really wanted to try it out the new map before I go to class.

Is the update just the maps or is there some tweaking/balancing included?

Nice, I was wondering what sorcery you were performing until I saw that one Stormtrooper run by at the end :)

I might be having a deep moment but how did you put your weapon away?

Edit: did you have an imploder equipped?

If you play in first person with the hud turned of and zoom in, you only see the environment. When I want to record something I always use the DL-17, because of its wide field of view.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All EA studios will be using Frostbite, except except maybe for sports games.

Nice.

People do not like you or Jumper in the Gaming Discussion, lol.

I think they mad because you all are so blunt pointing out their sub conscious trolling, lol. Which is to be expected when it gets old and tiring. Posting Jar Jar and Cantina members should be instant bans for shit-posting, hahaha.

If you play in first person with the hud turned of and zoom in, you only see the environment. When I want to record something I always use the DL-17, because of its wide field of view.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Then edit in the ShareFactory for the themes, correct?

lawnchair

Banned
nice to wake up to a new map, i'll have time to play it before school. is it just WA supremacy and turning point?

is that all they patched in though? no other changes?

Yup :). Didn't play any online game at all the previous generation on consoles. I think I played 1.6 till like 2013-14 or something like that.

man .... battlefront and 1.6 are some very different multiplayer games lol

Ozorov

nice to wake up to a new map, i'll have time to play it before school. is it just WA supremacy and turning point?

man .... battlefront and 1.6 are some very different multiplayer games lol
They sure are :). But I like more "casual" shooters on consoles, I have tried CoD and that is not my thing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-ps4-pc-x1?sf44975929=1#latest#Comment_206932

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the March Update.
Additional Content/Functionality
New Mission: Rebel Depot on Tatooine added as a new Survival Mission.
New Map: Survivors of Endor added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point.

I believe it was not a patch either, so this was already in game from the last patch, they just enabled it server side after content was approved. Hence the '?'s' that were there over the map and the one in Survival since the last patch.

5taquitos

So the cynic in me says that they had the map ready last month (it's been on our consoles) but they stretched it out to seem like they're giving more content throughout the months.

But I'm not a cynic, and I can't wait to play the map when I get home tonight.

lawnchair

Banned
i'm a bit bummed that the new map isn't playable in smaller modes, which i play 80% of the time. ah well. it seems cool but i probably wont play on it too often.

it's strange to me that this entire "march update" doesn't really address .. anything, it's just another map. does this mean that positive changes like mixing up the teams after games and fixing the melee will have to wait until april now?

i'm a bit bummed that the new map isn't playable in smaller modes, which i play 80% of the time. ah well. it seems cool but i probably wont play on it too often.

it's strange to me that this entire "march update" doesn't really address .. anything, it's just another map. does this mean that positive changes like mixing up the teams after games and fixing the melee will have to wait until april now?
There will probably be an actual patch next Tuesday with the DLC.

lawnchair

Banned
There will probably be an actual patch next Tuesday with the DLC.

ahhhh good good thank you.

maybe i should cave in and buy that. somehow battlefront has been my most played game this year so far, i suppose i could throw it some money .. maybe .. ehhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom